Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,133 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:24 AM

The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread (45948 Views)

Tompolo's 46th Birthday: Niger Delta People Celebrate On The Streets Of Warri / Delta People Celebrate Ali Modu Sheriff's Victory In Court Today (Photos / Amaechi Meets Niger Delta People Over Socio-Economic Direction Of The Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
akthedream:

Pazianza,I think this is a challenge..can you do it?

Lol! I once stayed in an Ikwerre village, Rumundara was the name, Rumualo was the next Ikwerre town there, I always told my Ikwerre neighbors that they are Igbos, they just deny it in a laughing manner, they don't get violent about it, one of them even told me that he thinks they are Igbo, but that his father tells him otherwise, the guy's name was "chibuzo", each time chibuzo spoke with his father in their Rumundara dialect, I hear everything they say, and we joke about it there after.

Enlightened hardworking Ikwerres know that they are Igbo and just shake their head in an indifferent mood, if you call them Igbo. The lazy and illiterate ones? Well I don't deal with them, so I wouldn't know.

7 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by fastestfinger: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
basilo101:

hahahha, wonder shall never end. Too much clowns is the so called SS. empty vessels. Every family can as well claim to be a seperate tribe so that id.ots will have a tiny enclave where mediocres like them can be the king. may ur mouth burn if u speak igbo again
That fool doesn't even know that what he typed up there is Igbo language...
All these Ijaws running around like frenzied raccoons; no more Igboland for you to grab.

If you dig deeper you'd find out that his name is probably chibuzor or uchenna. Yet, he takes so much delight in "self hate"...sometimes i wonder if this "awa oyel" folks have sawdust for brains. A good percentage of them seem to be mentally dull. Their mental acuity leaves so much to be desired.

7 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by IGBOPRINCE: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:
Where is HopeAthand, the Ikwerre impersonator or should Aldrick be invited instead? The circus need to be complete.

This is a comedy show!
it s so disappointing they aren't mentioned.. Those ijaws know what they re doing, they re hypocrite, they see those two fools as igbos but use them to divides the east. So they won't mention them in their quests for niger delta.

Nna menh, forget hopeatloss. His hopes is loss already.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Udmaster(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista is an Ijaw land thief and IGBOS here should stop giving the fool the relevance.
These ijaws should stay away from Oyigbo LGA(ndi oki land) or Egbema and Opobo.
They try to force Ijaw language on Opobos but our Opobo brothers REJECTED the ijaw language.
Ijaws have been REDUCED to minorities in Rivers State.. LOLZ.

5 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by illiad: 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
sure cockroaches are cockroaches as humans are humans..thing is you have been identified to be a dunce

Thank You for that division of status. But you see am only provoked whenever I see cockroaches beginning to think themselves a bird, that is when I am always called upon to return them to whence they belong, the cockroach family.

Let your kinds know that the new Sheriff in town have a peculiar dislike for cockroaches and would not tolerate any attempt by any cockroach to usurp the status of a bird as such attempt will be crushed in the bud.

7 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
double post.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

I disagree.
Let the anomaly be corrected so that when we talk of secession, no one calls us names anymore.
The pain will be more with them than to us.

Political correctness has to end.
This is the area the SW beat us hands down.

Can you explain the statement that there's no Igbo in the SS? Who has challenged it?

Lol! That statement should be laughed at and not a thing to get worked up over, the Oyigbo Eze I posted earlier by simply stating that he is Igbo has challenged it. The Enu ani led by Prof Chike Edozien, the Asagba Asaba remain pro Igbo. They don't need to be giving attention to online entities from Ijawland.

On the 13% ish, if the North want to stop it, like I suspect they would soon either stop it or simply try to stop derivation from offshore oil wells( which will drastically affect Akwa-ibom), if the current state allocation remain poor or even reduce more with reduction in global oil prices, I don't think there is anything we can do to stop it or help it, we just play it neutral and let the North have their way.

But for us to come out campaigning for cancellation of the 13% derivation? That's emotional thinking, not a strategic one.

3 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by IGBOPRINCE: 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
The unity of the minorities of the Niger Delta people must be achieved.
We'll overcome our little differences and build a regional unity that will send some people falling from the hills of Enugu to Ogbor hill Aba.
if you like mention those two popular place, am sure you ve not being there tongue

Big for nothing fool(rasta madman). so you have finally cut your hairs. How is your market of selling weeds so far.grin

Onye izon

7 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
I am beginning to lean towards one Nigeria for another 42 years. Some of these Niger deltans need to learn things the hard way. I promise you, some of these folks will be assassinated by their children went they realized how their igbophobic parents sold their future for crumbs. I have no doubt that Nigeria will disintegrate. It will just be hard now until the oil run out or loses value.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

Lol! That statement should be laughed at and not a thing to get worked up over, the Oyigbo Eze I posted earlier by simply stating that he is Igbo has challenged, The Enu ani led by Prof Chike Edozien, the Asagba Asaba remain pro Igbo. They don't need to be giving attention to online entities from Ijawland.

On the 13% ish, if the North want to stop it, like I suspect they would soon either stop it or simply try to stop derivation from offshore oil wells( which will drastically affect Akwa-ibom), if the current state allocation remain poor or even reduce more with reduction in global oil prices, I don't think there is anything we can do to stop it or help it, we just play it neutral and let the North have their way.

But for us to come out campaigning for cancellation of the 13% derivation? That's emotional thinking, not a strategic one.

When Edwin Clark came out openly campaigning against Peter Odili, an Igbo from the SS, from becoming the VP to Yar'adua, did heaven fall?
He got his wish, didn't he?

Now they are here to mock us for supporting GEJ.

We should think of ourselves first and shouldn't bothered about anyone.

We need that 'awa oyel' money since they all are scheming to keep us in Nigeria , entrapped and suppressed.

When I said in 2010 that the Igbo shouldn't support GEJ, OnlyTruth thought he knew best being the EzeIgbo of Nairaland and acting our same political correctness.
Now what happened?
Everything I said came to pass.

We should get wiser as an evidence that we are getting older.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by illiad: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
coolitempa:

Your delusions will continue in earnest.....you will not be allowed to steal an inch of Naija land for your fraud..... grin...any attempt will be brutally put down.....IPOD youth...... grin

Check out the advert on mental prescriptions on nairaland front page.

6 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

When Edwin Clark came out openly campaigning against Peter Odili, an Igbo from the SS, from becoming the VP to Yar'adua, did heaven fall?

We need that 'awa oyel' since they all are scheming to keep us in Nigeria , entrapped and suppressed.

When I said in 2010 that the Igbo shouldn't support GEJ, OnlyTruth thought he knew best being the EzeIgbo of Nairaland and acting our same political correctness.
Now what happened?

Supporting Jonathan was the best thing Igbos did because it proved to most Niger deltans that Igbos have nothing against them.

2 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ijaws are not quarelling wit anyone. The statement made by an ijaw man dat there r no igbos in SS is his personal belief. He doesn't speak 4 all ijaws. Dat man was a dividing agent. We should endeavour 2 sustain our economic and political ties for mutual benefits.

5 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by iyobosadavid: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Realman87:
So u are from Edo like d op. It is becoming clearer that ur people are the dividing agents in the SS/SE alliance.
the truth is always bitter, grow up Mr he goat

2 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Supporting Jonathan was the best thing Igbos did because it proved to most Niger deltans that Igbos have nothing against them.

It proved nothing!
Same house thieves are calling us land grabbers, aren't they? Have they changed?

Supporting GEJ was the worst injustice of Igbo to Igbo.
Quote we anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Realman87:
Ijaws are not quarelling wit anyone. The statement made by an ijaw man dat there r no igbos in SS is his personal belief. He doesn't speak 4 all ijaws. Dat man was a dividing agent. We should endeavour 2 sustain our economic and political ties for mutual benefits.

You are correct but we need people like you to speak up more unless these folks will sabotage the relationship of SE/SS people.

4 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
illiad:

Thank You for that division of status. But you see am only provoked whenever I see cockroaches beginning to think themselves a bird, that is when I am always called upon to return them to whence they belong, the cockroach family.

Let your kinds know that the new Sheriff in town have a peculiar dislike for cockroaches and would not tolerate any attempt by any cockroach to usurp the status of a bird as such attempt will be crushed in the bud.
... smiley you really have lost it mehn ..for all I know you may be locked up in one dingy room chained to your bed post with only a mobile phone to give you access to the outside world...have you been hallucinating on roaches and birds lately? do you have roaches in your room and a mocking bird have its perch on your window sill? hon, take your meds and don't get overexcited you will be just fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

We need that 'awa oyel' since they all are scheming to keep us in Nigeria , entrapped and suppressed.

Now what happened?

So, are you saying we should accept that there are no Igbos in SS and adjust our politics to reflect that illusion, even if we still have proud Igbos in Enuani, Oyigbo and Egbema always reaching out to us? Are you saying that we should shut them out?

How do we carry them along?

You are right though about the GEJ support. That Clark remark about Odili and his insistence that Odili is Igbo speaking and that no Igbo speaking Man is qualified to represent Niger delta, which to Clark is synonymous with Ijaw, should have been an eye opener, but the problem was that Odili never complained, he seem to had accepted that Niger delta is an Ijaw cause, he was busy wearing fedora hat all over the place to mimick Ijaws, instead of the normal Akwa ocha his Ndoni people who are of Anioma- Ogbaru origin wear.
If Odili was not complaining of marginalization by the Ijaw led Clark, why should those of us in the SE complain? We just let him be.

1 Like

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Rocktation(f): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
All this by force alignment by these S-easterners na because of our oil oo. I neva see where dem de force person to family person before.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
LieDetector:
Damn. This tonyebarcanista, your foolishness knows no bound. How could you say that there are no igbos in SS and ND. You live a life of self deception. Get a life aside the keyboard mate

Chief I was expecting a counter syllogism instead of this your insult... Depends on his you understand the situation. Niger Delta has no history with Igbo.... I assume you know where Is ND...
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Obiagu1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
pazienza:

So, are you saying we should accept that there are no Igbos in SS and adjust our politics to reflect that illusion, even if we still have proud Igbos in Enuani, Oyigbo and Egbema always reaching out to us? Are you saying that we should shut them out?

How do we carry them along?

You are right though about the GEJ support. That Clark remark about Odili and his insistence that Odili is Igbo speaking and that no Igbo speaking Man is qualified to represent Niger delta, which to Clark is synonymous with Ijaw, should have been an eye opener, but the problem was that Odili never complained, he seem to had accepted that Niger delta is an Ijaw cause, he was busy wearing fedora hat all over the place to mimick Ijaws, instead of the normal Akwa ocha his Ndoni people who are of Anioma- Ogbaru origin wear.
If Odili was not complaining of marginalization by the Ijaw led Clark, why should those of us in the SE complain? We just let him be.

By supporting the scrapping of the injustice called 13% derivation does not mean we are accepting that no Igbo exist in SS.
Let them blow their trumpet.

If the scrapping hurt them so much, they should be on the streets calling for Biafra.

What is important to us is to maximize what amount from 'awa oyel' get to us. Note the word: MAXIMIZE.

As for Peter Odili, Riverine Igbos wear those caps too not just the Ijaws.
In addition, there was nothing he could do because the final decision resided with Obasanjo.

3 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Rocktation:
All this by force alignment by these S-easterners na because of our oil oo. I neva see where dem de force person to family person before.
I Dont think its because of the oil... They have capable substitute for that. I think they need more manpower, width and ground which South south has more than them....

And please, the oil is not "ours".... Its NIGERIA'S
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by IGBOPRINCE: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
You think I sell spare parts and have all the time in the world to be typing like your schizophrenic self anytime a thread shows up?
make I tell you fool, spare parts no be the same thing with drugs business, you go need to learn am b4 you start.
But as u lazy reach come fat ontop like swegbe, you no go fit learn am cos you lazy gon.

Oloshi.

6 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by pazienza(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Rocktation:

And what exactly is the motive of Ijaws and Edoids forced attachments to Igbo speaking people of SS?
Land grabbing?

What will happen if Ijaws and Edoids( Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri) form a union and stop dragging Igbo speaking people into their union? Why are you land grabbers forcefully attaching to them? To marginalize them like you Ijaws did in old Rivers state, or to marginalize them like the Edoids continue doing with Igbanke in Edo state? grin

7 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by LieDetector(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
Freemanan:

Chief I was expecting a counter syllogism instead of this your insult... Depends on his you understand the situation. Niger Delta has no history with Igbo.... I assume you know where Is ND...
I'll leave you to whynotthetruth grin
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by melzabull(f): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
coolitempa:

Ogwashiukwu is not Ibo but Benin even though their dialect is unique.......portharcourt belongs to Ijaws not ibos....what is it with ibos that causes them to lay claims to other lands
Thunder firs your useless mother in her grave. why don't you come and take the land and give it to benin people?.

bastad_ ijiottt

4 Likes

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by kliq(m): 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
Biafrauds undecided
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Coolabbie: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Rocktation:
Leave those thieves.
Let them keep foaming at the mouth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by IGBOPRINCE: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Nice thread..

Representing Ogbakiri..Emohua LG, IKWERRE

A few places after the Op, you will find Pazienza, an Igbo guy who is from Anambra but residing in Enugu..i will soon deport Oyigbo people to Abia and Egbema people to Imo.
hahahaha..
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Eastlink(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Obiagu1:

We need that 'awa oyel' money since they all are scheming to keep us in Nigeria , entrapped and suppressed.

Now what happened?

The purpose of the 13% oil derivation serves to help uplift the standard of living in the Niger-Delta. Its like giving us a stake in the oil that comes out from our ground. However, the oil curse has been the main cause of the aggression the Ijaws have towards the Igbo. Oil is like life to an ordinary Izon. Check from the struggle of Adaka Boro down to MEND, oil has always been the pivot on which they hang the ideals of a future ND republic. While the Ijaw landgrabbing campaign is geared towards amassing large chunk of lands, the oil strategy is to maintain a foothold of major oil bearing states of the ND. If they are not dragging land with the Ilajes and Itshekiri, then they are dragging with Edo and Akwa-Ibom.
Oil breeds laziness. Look at the Ikwerre to have bought this lazy mindset, only the Ogoni's tend not to rely on oil since chasing out Shell from their lands. For us in Egbema, oil has never replaced farming, education, trade and hardwork. But for peace to reign in the Niger-Delta, I think the 13% derivation should be left alone.
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
LieDetector:
I'll leave you to whynottruth grin

cheesygringrin Don't mind the boy Freemanan: he's having identity crisis...He's a schizophrenic patient claiming philosopher undecided Is ND or SS a defined geographical territory in Nigeria's dictionary otherwise why has it been subject to change by different leaders? Is ND or SS a tribe in which case what's their cultural, language, religious etc homogeneity? ...Is the area referred to as SS today devoid of Igbo communities; so why is it a taboo for IGbo to look for them "estranged" brothers? ...
Re: The South South And The Niger Delta People's Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
You can’t achieve freedom through confrontation. It is against logic to quench fire with fire. The Igbos should learn to advance with diplomacy and caution. If Biafra must be actualize, then a high level of principal mediation is needed.
Pazienza, I respect your intellect, but I don’t support your stance on this. You started it all. Let this thread proceed with its initial objective. Let the Ikwerres, Etches and others speak for themselves. Only time will tell if they will support Biafra or not. I stand on the principle freedom of expression and association.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

How Dasuki Claimed To Have Spent The Looted Fund - Photo / Lagos Flood And What It Caused (photos) / #endsars: Oba Of Epe Sent Back Home As Protesters Block His Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.