Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,362 members, 7,843,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch (33753 Views)

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Governors Show Less Concern As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder / Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Daraph(m): 9:41am On Nov 15, 2015
kingofdemons:
[s][/s] May God forgive me
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Eboski(m): 9:41am On Nov 15, 2015
handie:
What can I say? Wailers will always wail..... Under GEj, tho d official price was 87, the least u'll see a fuel station sell a litre of PMS was 97. Una kill una sef then? All u now shouting, where were u when fuel got so scarce that banks had to close 2 hours early, many telecoms operators had to shut down service, the power plants had to shut down and fuel sold for 1000(yea, I didn't make a mistake in figures. I actually mean ONE THOUSAND NAIRA) per Liter? Did u kill yourselves then? Did u even wail half as much as u are doing now? This story has sensationalism written all over it. If I can buy a litre of petrol for 105 in Kogi state(Okene) Total even sold for 87 and 110 in Akoko Edo, I'll need a lotta convincing to believe that fuel actually sold for 400 Naira in Calabar. Mr. OP, how much is petrol in ur area?
How you in Calabar? Here in Calabar we are not seeing the fuel and people are buying from black market.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by KingTom(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by francizy(m): 9:46am On Nov 15, 2015
KingTom:
3 likes and 1 share already? Chai see Una lives outside. grin

LoL! Sai Barbra tag no dey sell again!! grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by seangy4konji: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2015
hmmm
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Alexander001(m): 9:46am On Nov 15, 2015
imas:
All those shouting change and APC should realise these roads were supposed to have been taken care of by the last administration, it will be done you guys are too quick to condemn. I also believe the tanker drivers can adopt a better way to press home their point than with this unnecessary strike just to thwart PMB's efforts.
what about other states? are the tanker drivers trying to thwart his effort also?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Icecomrade: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2015
anonimi:

Never thought of that but now that you mentioned it, the one on the left looks very much like the Agbaya of Owu cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

Lmao.
Your much more funnier than I thought

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 15, 2015
BUHARI IS A "GENIUS".

Enjoy the change...
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by franudi: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2015
imas:
All those shouting change and APC should realise these roads were supposed to have been taken care of by the last administration, it will be done you guys are too quick to condemn. I also believe the tanker drivers can adopt a better way to press home their point than with this unnecessary strike just to thwart PMB's efforts.
You are an idiot. Do you know how many petrol tankers that are falling on daily basis along those roads?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Alexander001(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2015
handie:
What can I say? Wailers will always wail..... Under GEj, tho d official price was 87, the least u'll see a fuel station sell a litre of PMS was 97. Una kill una sef then? All u now shouting, where were u when fuel got so scarce that banks had to close 2 hours early, many telecoms operators had to shut down service, the power plants had to shut down and fuel sold for 1000(yea, I didn't make a mistake in figures. I actually mean ONE THOUSAND NAIRA) per Liter? Did u kill yourselves then? Did u even wail half as much as u are doing now? This story has sensationalism written all over it. If I can buy a litre of petrol for 105 in Kogi state(Okene) Total even sold for 87 and 110 in Akoko Edo, I'll need a lotta convincing to believe that fuel actually sold for 400 Naira in Calabar. Mr. OP, how much is petrol in ur area?
it's 300/350 depending in ur area, not completely fuel(mixture or fuel and any liquid for higher profit)

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by KingTom(m): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2015
francizy:

LoL! Sai Barbra tag no dey sell again!! grin
grin Gbaje till 2019 na him dey reign grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2015
Na part of the change na
Heheheheheheh very soon human beings will CHANGE. To animals under Buhari. People who went under his tenure before lived to tell the story, my father, and some of our old family friends.

Not surprised history is repeating itself. Yorubas, you made the greatest mistake voting this imbec*ile he doesn't understand politics, and he won't understand politics. Welcome to authocaracy. Question is, will they learn?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Alexander001(m): 9:53am On Nov 15, 2015
prof1990:
please if anyone bought fuel or knows anyone that bought fuel for 400 please tell us where. Punch has always been a political newspaper. Have learnt never to trust most Nigerian newspapers and TVs stations.

And as for all the wailers above me, UNA NO DEY TIRE
300/350 in Calabar this morning. no filling station is working including nnpc.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by franudi: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2015
orobs93:
Dis news has pdp written all ova it
It reminded me o the er of gej and alison
You people are blind and can never see anything wrong in this administration.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Firefire(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Alexander001:
300/350 in Calabar this morning. no filling station is working including nnpc.

Leave the brainwashed elements to continue to support this "super Clueless" government. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Firefire(m): 9:56am On Nov 15, 2015
[size=13pt]It's high time Buhary is asked to resign.[/size] angry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by lastpage: 9:57am On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:
embarassed

Buhary why

APC why

U guys promised Nigerians CHANGE, is this the Change ? embarassed undecided

Most Nigerians, especially our YOUTHS....... have truly "lost it"!
In some countries, YOUTHS are at the Vanguard of turning their country around but our own Nigerian Youths, like this firefire, Barcanista, temitemi, ServereSnake, e.t.c...... wallow in Stewpidity and ignorance, with a beclouded sense (or lack of it) of Judgement!

Lets look at it for a minute: There is Petrol scarcity yet, those selling at the "Black Market" have the fuel to sell!
Simple reasoning and logic will imply that "There is actually no Petrol scarcity (otherwise, where would the Black Marketers get it to sell?)..
...But what we have is SIMPLE HOARDING of petrol by the Marketers!

In Nigeria, we must agree that we are saddled by EVIL, UNPATRIOTIC MEN and WOMEN who would not bath an eyelid, to ruin their country, for personal gain.
From those who "fake" everything from infant formula or vehicle parts, to those who strip our bridges of its protective, safety railings, to those who steal overhead Power Cables. The list is endless.

So, it is not surprising that some Marketers and retail outlets, for personal gains, have decided to hold Nigeria and Nigerians to ransom.
Fuel that is supposed to be sold at the pump, is hoarded, to create an artificial scarcity, increase demand due to panic-buying and thus create the perfect avenue for extortionist pricing.
The hoarded fuel is then given to "thugs and urchins", by the same marketers and retailers, to be sold on the streets as "Black market" fuel, at times diluted with other solvents, to increase their profit!

Most of these Retailers flagrantly increase the pump price of petrol and "tamper with their dispensing machine so that it under-dispense, below what is paid for, by the buyer

Thus, we live in an environment that is morbidly corrupt and if care is not taken, the corruption will eventually kill Nigerians.
A few people get burnt from trying to store Petrol at home, due to this sort of hoarding-related scarcity.
Some get burnt at the fuel station, when carnage ensues.
We destroy our environment when people who cant get fuel, resort to other means like the use of firewood, to get by

When we combine the effect of poor electricity supply, high temperatures, lack of fuel to power Generators and the recent lack of pipe-borne water, it is easy to observe that we are not only creating an environment for disaster and disease but for a complete breakdown of our society.

You might think it does not affect you probably because you can afford the "black market" or you have a few jerry cans of fuel stored-away but *what if your neighbours house catches fire and spreads to your own?
*What if the Bus/Taxi you entered stores fuel in the boot and catches fire?
*What if another vehicle with fuel stored in it rams your own vehicle and both catches fire?
*What if it is your loved ones that meet their untimely death as a result of the above scenario?

This is why l am surprised that some of our YOUTHS who prefer to play "ignorant tribalism", at the expense of their future, when they should be demanding that the Hoarders of fuel get arrested and prosecuted while they themselves constitute themselves into the vanguard of restoring "normalcy" to their otherwise traumatised life.

Running abroad is gradually becoming uneasy as those people are increasingly becoming very hostile to immigrants, especially the "black ones".
Even the "blacks" born there and citizens by birth, still face a lot of discrimination, harassment and intimidation.... moreso with the backdrop of influx and terrorist activities, some of which are linked to immigrants, in recent past.

This challenge does not belong to Buhari alone (He is just a figure-head, representative of the aspirations of most Nigerians) but the bulk of the work, rests on the shoulder of the citizens.

Nigeria, Biafra or whatever area of the country you affiliate with, will become too dangerous to live-in, if you guys continue on this your "part of perfidy and pattern of destruction".
I will predict that in less than 10yrs from now, the "WEST" will categorically prevent most Nigerians and peopel of Islamic extract, from accessing their country........ and rightly so!
Thus, we should think of what we want our country to look like, play our part in ensuring that it looks like that...just like westerners have been ensuring their country is the envy of foreigners

To do otherwise is to "go to sleep with one's roof on fire"

Like an adage says "Heaven would fall, is not one man's Headache".
As we lay our bed, so we will lie on it.

Let those who have ears, let them hear!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2015
handie:
There are no petrol to buy, you are asking for the cost.
If they are available, I'll be willing to pay N500 per litre as it is now, to be honest.
This was in Iju-Ishaga, Lagos, was there yesterday for a business meeting

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by francizy(m): 10:00am On Nov 15, 2015
KingTom:
grin Gbaje till 2019 na him dey reign grin

Gbaja-bia-nmiria??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2015
handie:
Oga, be honest. How much is fuel in ur area?

The Black marketeers I finally got petrol from yesterday sold at N500 per litre, couldn't buy much.
Most people could not drive to church today because they are saving the little petrol they have in their cars for the week,
to take them to work and the kids to school.
the buhari's govt stinks

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by KingTom(m): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2015
francizy:

Gbaja-bia-nmiria??

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by tobiasbeecher: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2015
handie:
Can you just shut up you idiiot! Must everything be about the last administration? Do you have a car of your own? We talking about the acute fuel scarcity across Nigeria and you are here shamelessly defending the govt. What sort of man are you? Instead of you to demand that our govt should live up to their duties rather you are defending maladministration! Mind you, I don't care who is the president; even it is the pope i will still criticize him. You guys are not even ashamed to defend the govt. in a country that is regarded as one of the major oil producers

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Firefire(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2015
The earlier Buhary resign, the better.

It is evident that he cannot rule a modern society.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2015
Mynd44:

Considering I bought it for 87 yesterday but that's the media and they have to sell.

The main issue is that there is a form of scarcity(artificial or real) of petrol and this administration have got to deal with it. The fact that it has gone on for a long time and nothing has been done is disappointing and frustrating.

It is not a time to blame anyone but to find a lasting solution to this madness. The government has spoken about cutting the middlemen and unfortunately, we have not felt that impact. This present stress on Nigerians is on the president and we can only put the blame at his feet.

As we go into a new week, we can only hope someone will wake up and find a solution to it

Last week around middle of the week, it was 120...and yesterday, it was 130 in Enugu state...So it's no media hype bro...

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Goke7: 10:18am On Nov 15, 2015
Firefire:
The earlier Buhary resign, the better.

It is evident that he cannot rule a modern society.

For as long your beloved Jona refused to resign when over 200 girls was kidnapped by boko haram, you are just a joker
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by possibilita(m): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2015
At least Baba have horses we can ride on them.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2015
joseph1832:
Okay. May be its black market. Where I am, even though there's queue, its being old for 100 Naira, some even sell at 87 Naira I was told. But the queue in those filling station that sell for 87 Naira no be here oh. This is along Lagos Abeokuta expressway. Some of the filling station long the road sell at N100 per litre.

No wonder. I thought as much.

Firefire, you don chop dis morning? tongue
Black market ke! Filling station.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by porshuch: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2015
lionphil:

Do you know how to read at all? Where did the OP indicate that it sold for #400 in Lagos? Please read the las paragraph before u start disgracing yourself.
pls check those price list on the picture.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by oweman: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2015
That kwara sslling fuel at #200 is a very big lie as I do this post at. 10.30 Sunday morning fuel is being sold at MRS uniity junction with only one car and few. Okadas on line at #85 and OANDO surulere at #85 though with a long line of not more than 30 metres.
Let's face the truth this shortage is brought about by the too early announcement by a very senior government official of governments plan to reduce t.he cost of fuel recently .
I did not mention VP Osinbajo oh so anyone quoting this post is on his own so government officials should stop going to town with wide mouth !
Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by kaboninc(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2015
[s]
lastpage:

Most Nigerians, especially our YOUTHS....... have truly "lost it"!
In some countries, YOUTHS are at the Vanguard of turning their country around but our own Nigerian Youths, like this firefire, Barcanista, temitemi, ServereSnake, e.t.c...... wallow in Stewpidity and ignorance, with a beclouded sense (or lack of it) of Judgement!

Lets look at it for a minute: There is Petrol scarcity yet, those selling at the "Black Market" have the fuel to sell!
Simple reasoning and logic will imply that "There is actually no Petrol scarcity (otherwise, where would the Black Marketers get it to sell?)..
...But what we have is SIMPLE HOARDING of petrol by the Marketers!

In Nigeria, we must agree that we are saddled by EVIL, UNPATRIOTIC MEN and WOMEN who would not bath an eyelid, to ruin their country, for personal gain.
From those who "fake" everything from infant formula or vehicle parts, to those who strip our bridges of its protective, safety railings, to those who steal overhead Power Cables. The list is endless.

So, it is not surprising that some Marketers and retail outlets, for personal gains, have decided to hold Nigeria and Nigerians to ransom.
Fuel that is supposed to be sold at the pump, is hoarded, to create an artificial scarcity, increase demand due to panic-buying and thus create the perfect avenue for extortionist pricing.
The hoarded fuel is then given to "thugs and urchins", by the same marketers and retailers, to be sold on the streets as "Black market" fuel, at times diluted with other solvents, to increase their profit!

Most of these Retailers flagrantly increase the pump price of petrol and "tamper with their dispensing machine so that it under-dispense, below what is paid for, by the buyer

Thus, we live in an environment that is morbidly corrupt and if care is not taken, the corruption will eventually kill Nigerians.
A few people get burnt from trying to store Petrol at home, due to this sort of hoarding-related scarcity.
Some get burnt at the fuel station, when carnage ensues.
We destroy our environment when people who cant get fuel, resort to other means like the use of firewood, to get by

When we combine the effect of poor electricity supply, high temperatures, lack of fuel to power Generators and the recent lack of pipe-borne water, it is easy to observe that we are not only creating an environment for disaster and disease but for a complete breakdown of our society.

You might think it does not affect you probably because you can afford the "black market" or you have a few jerry cans of fuel stored-away but *what if your neighbours house catches fire and spreads to your own?
*What if the Bus/Taxi you entered stores fuel in the boot and catches fire?
*What if another vehicle with fuel stored in it rams your own vehicle and both catches fire?
*What if it is your loved ones that meet their untimely death as a result of the above scenario?

This is why l am surprised that some of our YOUTHS who prefer to play "ignorant tribalism", at the expense of their future, when they should be demanding that the Hoarders of fuel get arrested and prosecuted while they themselves constitute themselves into the vanguard of restoring "normalcy" to their otherwise traumatised life.

Running abroad is gradually becoming uneasy as those people are increasingly becoming very hostile to immigrants, especially the "black ones".
Even the "blacks" born there and citizens by birth, still face a lot of discrimination, harassment and intimidation.... moreso with the backdrop of influx and terrorist activities, some of which are linked to immigrants, in recent past.

This challenge does not belong to Buhari alone (He is just a figure-head, representative of the aspirations of most Nigerians) but the bulk of the work, rests on the shoulder of the citizens.

Nigeria, Biafra or whatever area of the country you affiliate with, will become too dangerous to live-in, if you guys continue on this your "part of perfidy and pattern of destruction".
I will predict that in less than 10yrs from now, the "WEST" will categorically prevent most Nigerians and peopel of Islamic extract, from accessing their country........ and rightly so!
Thus, we should think of what we want our country to look like, play our part in ensuring that it looks like that...just like westerners have been ensuring their country is the envy of foreigners

To do otherwise is to "go to sleep with one's roof on fire"

Like an adage says "Heaven would fall, is not one man's Headache".
As we lay our bed, so we will lie on it.

Let those who have ears, let them hear!

Lastpage!
[/s]

Abeg hold your peace.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch by Meritocracy: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2015
Yoruba say if we never punish our close relation the distant will never fear. The way out is to enforce all NNPC that all of them should be reporting their sale to area manager and if they don't sell for max. of 48hrs they should be severely punished or even sack the manager, they won't like to loose the job. Most of them divert fuel to other stations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amotekun Kills 3 Youths In Oyo Over Carnival / Five APC Governors In Talks With Atiku - PDP / Agbaje Leads Ambode In Amuwo Odofin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.