Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand (43481 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by awa(m): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
ministerblessed:
I know dis mite sound harsh but just let her be.... She feels she's matured, allow her learn on her own. The only tin u can do for her is pray,dnt stop praying. Don't try to apply force as u mite get d opposite response.

Suggestion above is exactly my thinking. Give her the opportunity to experience life a bit more. You guys were more than supportive during her pregnancy hence she hasn't truly learn anything yet about life and how best to face it.
Pls don't apply force at all. Just allow her to carry a keg of palm wine and container of water to know which one is heavier.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by afrikaa: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
daretodiffer:

It might get worse

No it wont, her peers there are probably influencing her negatively and her family is still not helping matters by petting her, she needs to have a sense of responsibility and perhaps see some other females her age setting/achieving nice goals... might actually motivate her for a change... She is young and can still be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by lumachris(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Listen to inspiration FM 93.2 on Saturday between 7 & 10 am in the morning.she is a cancillor that handle issues like that of your sister.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by johnstar(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Na wao
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Sanchase: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
First, you need to have one on one talk with her, your Mum and your brother without any interference, you will state to her who is the Boss around here i.e. your Mum gave birth to her and she will not show her any form of disrespect hence forth.
Secondly, remind her if her attitude continues she will be deprived some privileges like financial support and any other form of support.
Finally, if she doesn't assist around the house and continue to misbehave, she leaves you option than to throw her out of the house.
She is only a teenager and will listen when the principles are clearly stated. I believe she will turn a new leaf especially as she is young and needs direction to face the future wink.
Also, speak to the elder brother beforehand to support you in your decisions and give her upper hand, he needs to do more to ensure she doesn't disrespect your mum and any other person.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by poweredcom(m): 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
See as gals of now adays de spoil dis one go soon be olosho...I swear if she jam some wild babe's as friends....omo e donfinish....she don sign...later tatoos on her body later she won't even be around you guys.....soon I fit happen to bang her n pass her round my friends...cos now she needs money...many babe's that are single mum's are bow easy to blow...hahahha dem de hustle these days cos d. Guy wey run from. Them just used them and. Dumped dem

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:
Good day house, I have a younger sister who is almost 17yrs. She gave birth to a baby boy june last year, the boy that inpregnated her denied the pregnancy but we rallied around her as a family and bought everything she need and also take care of her and the baby. But just some months after she gave birth she always argue and exchange words with my mum. She will always carry the baby to the baby daddy & stay till around 10pm. She doesn't want to help my mum in the house, I am a poultry farmer & she always steals egg from my farm & takes it to her baby daddy‘s mum. She disrespects me, my mum & my elder brother always. I have alot of dreams for my sister & i wanted her to have a good future but she is already a drop out. Now my mother wants to send her out of the house but i still want her to make good use of her life but she doesn't see it that way.

House what can i do to put her back on track? Thanks
allow nature to do it cause.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by ELGREF(m): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Send her out, she I'll come back with tear in times come like prodigal duaghter,she need hard life to get sense.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
I guess she needs councelling or probably d type dt wanna learn about life d hard way
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by delors(m): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
ClassCaptain:
Have you Considered getting her to a Professional counselor ..
Professional gini?
In Nigeria right? cheesy
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
obiak4:

best advice ever also to add to it just let her stay with the baby dad for sometime say 3months,am sure by then she would have seen reason to always obey ur mum, and u,
cos she cannot get half the love and care she gets from u and ur mum,
if you follow this steps r she does not change aje pee
w have to consult ifa lol

I won't advice that

Personally you could use a few tricks

Stop judging her
Try to listen more
If she is about to visit the baby dad and you know, send him your greetings
Tell her about your personal stuff
It will break her and before you know it she will start opening up to you
Still, do not judge her and the baby dad, pretend like you care for him
When you realise that she is getting close, introduce positive reinforcements like going for GCSE lessons or learning a skill, how brilliant and successful she could be if she give it a shot
Don't just tell her, act on it like enrolling her yourself
If she refuse to, let her know how deeply she has hurt you
Dont ever nag her about it or about how she has wasted your money
Let it be about how it is affecting you and other family members emotionally
Make things up if you have to
Tell your parents not to shame her again

I can send you a book that might help you. It is about resolving conflicts especially behavioral issues

cc Agathabishen

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by damextra: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Really, everything in this world is a matter of choice. To make or mar your life is your decision. In that regard, your sister may have made her own choice. Let her go. Anyone that has a child is no longer a child. If she goes out, she may learn the truth you've been trying unsuccessfully to pass across. But if you keep sheltering a bad child, he/she will only make the whole place uncomfortable for everyone else. God bless your family

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by kings09(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Slap her back into RESET, she ll stay inside d hand. It works
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by waice6571: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
ministerblessed:
I know dis mite sound harsh but just let her be.... She feels she's matured, allow her learn on her own. The only tin u can do for her is pray,dnt stop praying. Don't try to apply force as u mite get d opposite response.

I share the same thought with you.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by hola106(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:
Good day house, I have a younger sister who is almost 17yrs. She gave birth to a baby boy june last year, the boy that inpregnated her denied the pregnancy but we rallied around her as a family and bought everything she need and also take care of her and the baby. But just some months after she gave birth she always argue and exchange words with my mum. She will always carry the baby to the baby daddy & stay till around 10pm. She doesn't want to help my mum in the house, I am a poultry farmer & she always steals egg from my farm & takes it to her baby daddy‘s mum. She disrespects me, my mum & my elder brother always. I have alot of dreams for my sister & i wanted her to have a good future but she is already a drop out. Now my mother wants to send her out of the house but i still want her to make good use of her life but she doesn't see it that way.

hope u re nt d agatha dat we both attended d same secondary skool?
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Ganjafama(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
I am sorry to say this but there is nothing you guys can do to bring her back to her senses becos she is currently obsessesed with sex. Just let her be. If possible let her go live with baby daddy. That way, she will begin to reason better when she begins to experience hardship

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Wait u said she will be 17??...so nah 17 years old dem no fit beat??.... undecided....flog cry common for her body....she go hear word...@ 18 if i misbehave I dey collect confound slap from maale...how much now??....i trust popsy if u were his child...na die u for die... cheesy
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by bank2k4real(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
December sales and promo is on, get all the items at a cheaper rate and get your free gift,
Check my signature below for more details

https://m.facebook.com/Sweet-African-Fabrics-and-Designs-from-Ghana-291943470987758/

can contact me on whatsapp +2348063203540.....call...
+233264859942, +233540975809, 08063203540, bank2k4real@gmail.com
Bb pin 2AB2EF45
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
afrikaa:

No it wont, her peers there are probably influencing her negatively and her family is still not helping matters by petting her, she needs to have a sense of responsibility and perhaps see some other females her age setting/achieving nice goals... might actually motivate her for a change... She is young and can still be celebrated.

It will. I am a daughter of a counsellor/secondary teacher so I am well familiar about issues like this. undecided
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by monimekaz(m): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
I swear ! there is nothing u could do or say to change her ....Leave her alone else u might be an obstacle to her and u know what a girl can do when she is foolishly and blindly in love ....stop the care. don't be bothered by any of her actions ...see what happens after 3 months ....I'm saying this out of experience... Silence is d best answer to a fool u know

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by UniqueGem(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Op you are 29 years, you have an elder brother who is probably in his 30ies.
One useless thug is miss using your 17years old kid sister and you and your agbaya of a brother are running around confused? You and your brother are probably older than this boy ruining the name of your family. Lemme tell you a secrete, apart from your kid sis promiscuous life style, your mum is more disappointed in the inability of you 2 to handle your kid sister. Your mun should be in her 50ies if not 60ies, you two should be calling the shots in the home and save your aging mum the heartache.
Agathabishen

3 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by afrikaa: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
daretodiffer:

It will. I am a daughter of a counsellor/secondary teacher so I am well familiar about issues like this. undecided

well thats my 2 cent.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:

Give her food and economic blockade. That weapon Awolowo recommend for Nigeria to defeat Biafra. HUNGRY MAN CAN NOT FIGHT, THEREFORE HUNGRY GIRL MUST BE LOYAL OR GO DOWN.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Ursinmind(m): 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
My immediate younger sister behaved like that 8years ago. We allowed her packed to the guy's house and after 4years she came back begging for second chance. Now She will be writing her final year exam at Adeniran Ogunsanya college of Education by next year. She need to learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Jabioro: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Are you said she running out of sense. I fear you,away back to your issue as you want a good life for her. and the owner chosen other way round, let your mum send her out, she learn on hard way then you and mum can lend her hand of help, but for now third leg they sweet am....She learn when her baby daddy disappointed her
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by sammieee(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hmmm... All of u caused it. Y? Simply because she drop out of school according to your post and she didn't take responsibility of her child. And if i may ask have you noticed her regreting that what she did was wrong? I mean having child at a tender age? If the answer is no then forcing her out of the house is no option. It's time she takes responsibility of her child. Get her a shop and motivate her. Let her know that the shop is purposely for her to feed her kid. Bro, if u throughly love her then it's now the right time to be harsh on her positively. Let her be responsible. The truth is that if she leave without you people discipline her i pray that her case won't be 7 children, 7 husbands. But if she had for twice regret some of her actions then i think all what she need is prayer or maybe you should try to hear her out try to know how she thinks because sometimes it might not be deliverance needed but her faculty of thinking needs to be deliver. And if she don't want a shop let her learn work (no be yahoo o) sha make her responsible sha... God will help you bro!

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by eightsin(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
shocked My sister. The boy's family is using 4G WiFi network!

This got me laughing.

In a more serious note. What actually led to this is over pampering. She will realise her mistakes in future but the problem is how to help her not to waste her life in self pity and regret in that future. Sorry, it's a problem I don't have a solution to just yet but will dp some research

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by deathmen12: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
it is true that you love her,but you have to understand that not everybody learn by advice. Some have to learn by experience. And your sis happen to fall into this category.

Right now,she sees you people as an obstacle. Allow your mum to send her out to go meet those people she always go to. let he figure out who her true friends are. Cos you can't do anything for her.

You people have pampared her much. Its time she feel the reality of life.

I admire you mum's courage. It reminds me of how my mum arrest me with soldier's anytime I miss behave. Nobody tell man pikin to mellow grin

Initially I thought she hated me,but I now see the benefit of the person I have become.
C
[/size]
bro said it all

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by HARDDON: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
ministerblessed:
shocked shocked

Let her what? She feels matured and brought a baby back home(mistake 1,everbody is to blame) which d boy denied, cant imagine the ache/shame/finance she must have caused d whole family. Now u want them to keep taking her excesses? What an advice.

op, your mum has to place her foot down!: If she feels she is matured,let her go n get her apartment , pay her own bills n care for her child. If u keep petting n encouraging her wayward ways, be ready for baby number 2 soon.

It is either she lives by d rules of the house, or she hits d streets.

By the time it dawns on her, it wud be too late to amend.

No man wants to marry an illitrate let alone d one with an out-of-wedlock-baby-baggage

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Seculent: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
misspicy:
slap sense into her head undecided
Slap and you think that would solve the problem?

2 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by klbakare(m): 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
You must understand that the father of the baby is probably the first person to taste your sister, hence her addiction to the guy.

Try all means to dissociate her from the useless guy.pray for her and yes beat her, beat her thoroughly when she misbehaves. Beat and talk sense into her. She needs a man, a daddy figure, an authority figure and you and your brother will represent that figure for her.

Enrol her back to school, let her start in ss2 or ss1, if possible a public boarding school or a day school where you can monitor her resumption to school in the morning and the time it takes to return back home.

Any slight discrepancies, flog her. Give her house chores to be accomplished in the morning. Let her come and resume farm in the afternoon after school with her books.

If she steals your eggs, give her corporal punishment. Let her do frog jump with cane. You must do the daddy responsibility if you love her
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by blessedfavoured: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
Harbosede02:
She needs someone dah will talk sense into her head!!!....I don't think ur parents are disciplined enough, forget the fact she is a mother,she needs iron hand!!! And dah her baby daddy must be very stu.pid sha,he denied the pregnancy and his mother still has the gut to collect egg frm ur sister.....TRASH
greg42:
U know sometimes experience is the most reliable teacher........if you've done all this and she's still being stupid........protect your own interests safeguard your eggs.......and when she has suffered at the hands of her baby daddy's parents or family..........nobody will tell her to coman goan respect herself..............foolish geh

Why are you both concerned about her eggs lmao.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.