Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House (18580 Views)

Atiku Dasuki's House Sealed By The EFCC - Pictured / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Exclusive Photo) / Ex-NSA Dasuki's House In Kaduna? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by iliyande(m): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2015
The siege on the home of a former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, by officials of the State Security Service, SSS, was still on, Sunday, despite a court order.
Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Friday reacted angrily to the siege on Mr. Dasuki’s house despite an earlier ruling he gave permitting the retired colonel to travel abroad for medical treatment. “My own orders will not be flouted” the judge said on Friday, while re-iterating his stance that the former security chief be allowed to travel for medical treatment.

PREMIUM TIMES could not confirm if the SSS had been served with Friday’s court order as the Service is yet to appoint a spokesperson.

Mr. Dasuki had returned to the court to sue the Federal Government for still plotting to re-arrest him despite the earlier court order.

Justice Ademola said on Friday that “a court order must be obeyed”.

He also said there was nothing wrong in allowing Mr. Dasuki travel abroad for medical treatment, saying “only a fit person can stand for trial and investigation.”

Mr. Dasuki had approached the court last Monday asking for an order to allow him enforce his rights.

In the suit, Mr. Dasuki sought enforcement of his fundamental human rights to dignity and security of his life.

Armed security operatives have been permanently stationed at his residence, closely monitoring in-and-out movements and occasionally checking trunks of vehicles.

PREMIUM TIMES observed that on Sunday, two Trucks belonging to the SSS were parked in front of Mr. Dasuki’s house at No. 13 John Khadiya street, in Asokoro district Abuja on Sunday.

Operatives of the SSS were also seen sitting in front of the House. Mr. Dasuki himself responded to our inquiry asking whether the SSS had left his house via text message to say “ They are yet to comply. At this moment, they are still here”.

The SSS had while reacting to initial reports of the siege on the residence of the former NSA issued a statement saying the “standoff” with Mr. Dasuki is based on a different investigation

The agency said Mr. Dasuki has refused to honour an invitation by a committee investigating arms purchase while he held sway as the NSA.

“It may be recalled that Sambo was initially arrested and charged to court for unlawful possession of firearms and money laundering, for which reason his international passport was seized and on the order of the court, returned to the registrar for custody,” the SSS said in the statement by one Tony Opuiyo.

“What has however brought the seeming standoff between Sambo and the Service, despite the court-ordered release of his international passport on 4th November, 2015, is his refusal to appear before a Committee undertaking the investigation of an entirely different case.”

But Mr. Dasuki reacted swiftly saying he was never invited to appear before the committee.

“I’m not also aware that the committee is operating from the SSS headquarters,” Mr. Dasuki told PREMIUM TIMES. “What I know is that the committee is operating from the office of the National Security Adviser. So why is the SSS the one inviting me?”

Friday’s court order was issued after the SSS statement.

Cc:lalasticlala
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193221-sss-ignores-court-order-maintains-siege-on-ex-nsa-dasukis-house.html

1 Like

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by BreezyCB(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2015
Ok
Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by ishiamu(m): 7:36am On Nov 16, 2015
Chai buhari is a terroristt

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 16, 2015
Now the great Dasuki can run to the court to seek redress. The same man who was all and all in the security circle few months ago.

This change of government, if not for anything should serve as a lesson to politicians that the days of unaccountability is over and a new boss is in town.

33 Likes

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by PassingShot(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2015
Dasuki sabotaged our nation's security. I don't pity him a bit.

As the NSA he took charge of budget for Defense (billion of dollars involved) and no weapons and ammunitions on ground to justify the money spent, hence BH thrived then. So, let him be brought to justice by hook or crook.

I don't care what anyone here calls me for this my opinion. Left to me, all those who actively brought the security and economic woes we're currently experiencing on us deserve no justice offered by our justice system they themselves flouted while destroying the nation.

Jungle justice is what they deserve. Period.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by tyson99(m): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2015
ishiamu:
Did he kill your family

Ewu

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Firefire(m): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2015
This government is lawless.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by palladin: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Wailers come and make this thread lively biko.

15 Likes

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by olumide81(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2015
He who wishes to change must be ready to change!

2 Likes

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2015
PassingShot:
Dasuki sabotaged our nation's security. I don't pity him a bit. Let him be brought to justice by hook or crook.

I don't care what anyone here calls me for this my opinion. Left to me, all those who actively brought the security and economic woes we're currently experiencing on us deserve no justice offered by our justice system they themselves flouted while destroying the nation.

Jungle justice is what they deserve. Period.

Those who make peaceful changes impossible make violent changes inevitable!! If Buhari keeps this up expects reprisals in the days ahead!!! BTW no one has a monopoly over jungle justice!!!

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by PassingShot(m): 7:56am On Nov 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Those who make peaceful changes impossible make violent changes inevitable!! If Buhari keeps this up expects reprisals in the days ahead!!! BTW no one has a monopoly over jungle justice!!!
To bring some of the evil doers who compromised our security and economy for personal interests to deserved justice, we may have to flout some laws.

Let anyone who wishes violent change bring it on. They should be rest assured that Nigeria under PMB will not fret in responding to their violence in equal and appropriate measures.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2015
PassingShot:

To bring some of the evil doers who compromised our security and economy for personal interests to deserved justice, we may have to flout some laws.

Let anyone who wishes violent change bring it on. They should be rest assured that Nigeria under PMB will not fret in responding to their violence in equal and appropriate measures.

Exactly!! To bring on Justice we will have to disregard the laws of the zoo republic !!! Every day Buhari keeps proving Kanu right that this country is a zoo!! Finally no one has a monopoly over flouting of the nations law!!

BTW enough of your boasts about Buhari's military strenghths,he has already been tested these last six months and found weak and incompetent!! The NA was even stronger during GEJ's reign than the pathetic bunch we now have under the dullard.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by PassingShot(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Exactly!! To bring on Justice we will have to disregard the laws of the zoo republic !!! Every day Buhari keeps proving Kanu right that this country is a zoo!! Finally no one has a monopoly over flouting of the nations law!!

BTW enough of your boasts about Buhari's military strenghths,he has already been tested these last six months and found weak and incompetent!! The NA was even stronger during GEJ's reign than the pathetic bunch we now have under the dullard.
Cry to high heavens as you like. It's your portion.

Contrary to your assertion, the NA has proved more effective and efficient under PMB than under GEJ and every sane person knows this fact.

No amount of protest or blackmailing will make "the zoo" to let "the caged monkey" go except he fulfills his bail condition to the last letter of the conditions. Even at that, "the zoo" may still not let its "prized animal" escape and will await the worst from the chest beaters.

Bring it on and you'll soon know that "enough is enough" already.

[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
The undemocratic and dictatorial character of this Buhari administration is pathetic, annoying and anti-developmental. It is a shame that Nigeria has denigrated into a military-democracy under this accidental APC administration. We can't wait to send them out in 2019
[/s]
Stop crying!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2015
The undemocratic and dictatorial character of this Buhari administration is pathetic, annoying and anti-developmental. It is a shame that Nigeria has denigrated into a military-democracy under this accidental APC administration. We can't wait to send them out in 2019

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by macaranta(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Is this even right?that court orders should be rubbished for whatever reason?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by 360ng: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
tyson99:

Did he kill your family

Ewu

LOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by g4everybody(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
The man from Daura is bringing hooliganism and rascality into Dss. They are now reduce to chasing and oppressing political opponent

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
oo
Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Ok
Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Seunaj05(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
When the president of ur country can not define "FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS" this is wot happens
Oh yes! Dasuki should be investigated but u can't prosecute a dead man!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by boboLIL(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Meanwhile.... Start ur week wid laughter

a convo between a wife and her husband

wife: If I had known you were this poor I wouldn't have married you...

husband: when I was telling you that you are the only thing I have in this world. What were you thinking?

.. better psyching grin grin
Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by damola311: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2015
so they are above obeying the law?

2 Likes

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by gameboy727(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2015
The man should just succumb to the SSS. There is no escaping justice.
Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by lonelydora: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2015
Nigeria, a land where anything is possible.

1 Like

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2015
Buhari, let rule of law prevail

check my signature.

5 Likes

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by sukkot: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
animals dont deserve democrazy. its a system only for the civilized. its not for africans. stop this your colo-mentality.

you done be slave man before, dem done release you now, but you fit never releaseee yourself FELA. COLO-MENTALITY

1 Like

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by Guyman02: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2015
He is innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law and SSS is not in a position to declare him guilty according to Nigerias laws.

My only problem here is that many APC e-rats mostly from the 'unsustainable South West according to recent statistics' will defend this arrant misbehaviour of the SSS as good deed by Buhari, even when the President may not be aware of what some of these organisations do until it is brought to his attention by his inner caucus who may even shield him away from this acts.

Let us tell the SSS that they are embarrassing tax payers who pay their salaries by disobeying court orders before it becomes a norm.

Meanwhile, why would our respected Army stoop low to threaten Biafran agitators; it is still a Police matter and until the Police says they have been overwhelmed before the Army can be called by the President through the national assembly to intervene under emergency declaration.

Catalonia has declared secessionist ambition from Spain and the Spanish Army has never threatened anyone.
Scotland wanted independence from Britain and a referendum was conducted, the British Army never threatened anyone.
Why is our Army showing utter incompetence by giving undue publicity to the agitators by calling a Press conference and talking rubbish on our behalf?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2015
May God punish people who imposed this old terrorist on us. May the lawlessness he is perpetuating also reach them before his administration run. May they live to regret their actions

3 Likes

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by DFemaleBoss(f): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2015
Is Nigeria still under a democratic govt or not? undecided

1 Like

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by cathodekazim: 8:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Tiamiyu kudirat

I know ur new bfrnd is here and cn read this

Beware of tht girl ooo

She don dey shatter hrt from time immemorial

U will be her 6th bfrnd

We ? Her real add gan ooooo

Tht thing don wattery

My advice for you

Find one side chick incase she effed up

Meanwhile am inv all n sundry to my traditional wedding. 26th of November @ Aso Villa. Ireni quarters. Ajah. Lagos state.

For more info call +2348162045679

1 Like

Re: SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House by OnankpaBa(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2015
ishiamu:

receive sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Bullets Of Same Calibre As Army’s, Says Forensic Expert / FG Bans Use Of Phones In Prisons / Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.