Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,648 members, 7,816,662 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One (4654 Views)

Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 / Xiaomi Mi4 In Nigeria, See The Specs And Review / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by bongolistik(m): 11:59am On Nov 16, 2015
It is no longer news that Xiaomi finally made its way into the Nigerian market and currently Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Xiaomi Mi4 are selling on Jumia.

Picking out the Xiaomi Mi 4 which is selling for N56,000 and looking towards the direction of the latest Tecno Phantom 5 that is selling for N70,000 which of the devices will you prefer?

Yes we are fully away that Xiaomi Mi 4 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon device while Tecno Phantom 5 on the other hand is MTK.

Considering the high end and premium specs that both devices are packed with, we can assure you that aside from their display sizes and processor type, they share many features in common that are within similar range.

Though the Xiaomi Mi 4 variant that is selling for that amount is that with the 16GB ROM, not forgetting that the 64GB variant will cost higher and you know that the Phantom 5 came with fixed 32GB ROM and both do not support expandable microSD slot

Which of the device will you go for?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2015/11/xiaomi-mi4-or-tecno-phantom-5-which.html
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by kilode100(f): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
None biko. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
Make una try, when Xiaomi make phone less than 20k let me know, I no get that kind big big money.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
Both have very similar specs, but to be safe, I choose the Phantom 5. Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:
Both have very similar specs, but to be safe, I choose the Phantom 5. Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

Xiomi phones are far better than tecno phones

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by calddon(m): 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
I compare mtk processors to Asian made motor engines; low fuel consumption, moderate performance, cheap, etc. whereas Qualcomm snapdragons are European made motor engines high performance, high fuel consumption, expensive, etc .

MTK: Hyundai motors, Jin bei, etc

Snapdragon: Mercedes Benz(Snapdragon 810/820: Mercedes AMG), Volkswagen, etc

Huge developer support for custom roms on the mi4, for custom Rom freaks.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Youngzedd(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
Xiaomi any day.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Youngpo413: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sugarhugs:

don't mind her,sha what should you expect from a marketer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

KEY FEATURES OF MI4
Display: 5" Full HD Display
Network: 4G LTE
Operating Sytem: Android 4.4 Kitkat, MIUI 5.0
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
Processor: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB Internal
SIM Type: Micro SIM
Main Camera: 13MP with auto focus & LED flash; 1080p video recording
Front Camera: 8MP; 1080p video recording
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Radio, USB 2.0
Battery: 3080mAh

Sorry they are not similar at all may be Bluetooth 4.0 are same

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by okitikpo: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
4peace:

KEY FEATURES OF MI4

1. Screen resolution the same 2. RAM the same 3. Front camera the same 4. Back camera the same 5. Batteries the same range 6. Both no card slot 7. Both LTE 8. Country of origin the same

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Belosconi: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Xiaomi come rain come sunshine
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Maximum83: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
It should have come with sdcard slot. That is definitely a minor this day. It's an old phone though
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by lekjons(m): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
tecno phantom 5 has 32gb rom, finger print scanner
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
okitikpo:
1. Screen resolution the same 2. RAM the same 3. Front camera the same 4. Back camera the same 5. Batteries the same range 6. Both no card slot 7. Both LTE 8. Country of origin the same

And one is flagship in 2014 while the other is flagship at last quarter of 2015.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
okitikpo:
4peace:

And one is flagship in 2014 while the other is flagship at last quarter of 2015.

Need I say more ?
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
4peace:

KEY FEATURES OF MI4

So how are supposed to compare when you've just listed The spec for only one of the two phones in question. Smh
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
don't mind her,sha what should you expect from a marketer.

Don't mind him, this is what you expect from a biased person.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ps. I'm not in support of any one, just be wise in your selection, that's all.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sugarhugs:

I'll be glad if you back up your claim with facts.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

So how are supposed to compare when you've just listed The spec for only one of the two phones in question. Smh

You dont need to smh because it may fall.
The reply is for you because with your reply then you talked as if you owned phantom 5 and you dont know or have spec for mi4.

Btw you should have ask op for the spec of the two phones and i tried to get spec for phantom 5 but na only fingerprint all the blog and paid agent were talking about.If i see i will update you

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
4peace:

You dont need to smh because it may fall.
The reply is for you because with you reply then you talked as if you owned phantom 5 and you dont know or have spec for mi4.

Btw you should have ask op for the spec of the two phones and i tried to get spec for phantom 5 but na only fingerprint all the blog and paid agent were talking about.If i see i will update you

Who lie Don help before ?

So even the new Xiaomi already has paid agents, well I'm Not surprised.

I've handled the tecno phantom 5 & I mist say it's worth every dime. I've never seen, talk more touched or handled Any Xiaomi phone before.

Na from heaven I collect this specs then.

I ask again, who lie don help before ?

Technology

GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: HSDPA 900 /1900/ 2100
4G: LTE
SIM Type: Dual SIM; Micro SIM
OS: Android Lollipop 5.1 (planned upgrade to Android 6.0)
Design

Dimensions: 151 x 75.8 x 6.8 mm
Weight: 172g
Display: 5.5-inch, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 PPI), Full HD, In-cell capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-fingerprint coating
Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity
Metal build
Hardware

Processor Type: 64 Bit Octa-core 1.3 GHz CPU
Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
RAM: 3 GB
Internal Storage: 32GB
External Storage: MicroSD card up to 128GB
Camera

Rear: 13 megapixel, autofocus, dual LED flash
Video recording: 1080P HD
Front-facing: 8 megapixel with soft flash
Multimedia

Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr, wb-amr, midi
Loudspeaker: Yes
Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
FM Radio: Yes
Connectivity

Bluetooth: v4.0
WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
GPS: Yes
USB: microUSB v2.0; USB On-The-Go
Miscellaneous

Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh
Fingerprint Sensor at the back
HIFI 2.0, DOLBY Surround Digital
Metal HiFi earphone included
Ultra lower power mode
Launch Date: September 2015
Availability: September 2015

Source : http://mobilityarena.com/tecno-phantom-5-specifications/
Launch Price: NGN70,000
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by lilmonarch(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
Wtf undecided xiaomi over tecno any day
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

Who lie Don help before ?

So even the new Xiaomi already has paid agents, well I'm Not surprised.

Na from heaven I collect this specs then.

I ask again, who lie don help before ?

Technology

GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: HSDPA 900 /1900/ 2100
4G: LTE
SIM Type: Dual SIM; Micro SIM
OS: Android Lollipop 5.1 (planned upgrade to Android 6.0)
Design

Dimensions: 151 x 75.8 x 6.8 mm
Weight: 172g
Display: 5.5-inch, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 PPI), Full HD, In-cell capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-fingerprint coating
Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity
Metal build
Hardware

Processor Type: 64 Bit Octa-core 1.3 GHz CPU
Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
RAM: 3 GB
Internal Storage: 32GB
External Storage: MicroSD card up to 128GB
Camera

Rear: 13 megapixel, autofocus, dual LED flash
Video recording: 1080P HD
Front-facing: 8 megapixel with soft flash
Multimedia

Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr, wb-amr, midi
Loudspeaker: Yes
Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
FM Radio: Yes
Connectivity

Bluetooth: v4.0
WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
GPS: Yes
USB: microUSB v2.0; USB On-The-Go
Miscellaneous

Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh
Fingerprint Sensor at the back
HIFI 2.0, DOLBY Surround Digital
Metal HiFi earphone included
Ultra lower power mode
Launch Date: September 2015
Availability: September 2015
Launch Price: NGN70,000

grin grin grin grin may be you

http://mobitrends.co.ke/tecno-phantom-5-price-in-kenya/

Esotericbaby:
This is where you started please go back and read my reply.

Let me enjoy my gionee small grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Esotericbaby: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
4peace:

grin grin grin grin may be you

http://mobitrends.co.ke/tecno-phantom-5-price-in-kenya/

This is where you started please go back and read my reply.

Let me enjoy my gionee small grin grin grin

Last Last, you go dey alright.
Just try to put your brain to good use & also things at your disposal. Eg the internet. Enjoy your life !
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by kolexepana: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Someone with brain would know Phantom5 is better
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by okitikpo: 6:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
kolexepana:
Someone with brain would know Phantom5 is better
what are you trying to say, is that a polite insult or people no longer have power of choice for loving Xiaomi over Tecno?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nsonaso(m): 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:
You mean the devil that is known all over the world (XIAOMI) is better than the Angel that is only known in Nigeria (Tecno) right? Sure.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

Last Last, you go dey alright.
Just try to put your brain to good use & also things at your disposal. Eg the internet. Enjoy your life !

brainless comment

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Kamaye(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
Xiaomi over Tecno any day anytime, cos it's better and cheaper. 56k vs 70k.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nsonaso(m): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

I'll be glad if you back up your claim with facts.
It will never cause you anything to call a spade a spade.

Quality and Standard wise: XIAOMI has passed Nigerian standard, XIAOMI is internatinal standard certified.

XIAOMI is manufactured by foxconn who manufacture Tecno?

Xiaomi MI 4 screen is made by sharp who made Tecno Ph5 screen?

XIAOMI Mi 4 Camera lens is made by Sony who made Tecno Ph5?

Before XIAOMI Mi 4 was released it passess some standard certification, who certified Tecno Ph5?

You think its just by gathering cheap chinese parts and put them together by one God knows cheap anonymous company and high the price will make your phone standard? NO

Even though I don't like other chipset apart from MTK (because others are too expensive to maintain nd thats why I will not buy XIAOMI MI 4). But all things being equal, on a normal ground, no glo IMEI tweaking, I choose Mi 4 over any Tecno that is produced as at today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by ahmadgtx: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
I rather buy a samsung or htc for dat price
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Maximum83: 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nsonaso:
[b]It will never cause you anything to call a spade a spade.

Quality and Standard wise: XIAOMI has passed Nigerian standard, XIAOMI is internatinal standard certified.

XIAOMI is manufactured by foxconn who manufacture Tecno?

Xiaomi MI 4 screen is made by sharp who made Tecno Ph5 screen?
Forget about the story you can't finish. This tecno phantom 5 is quality dignified. Premium and cute
XIAOMI Mi 4 Camera lens is made by Sony who made Tecno Ph5?

Before XIAOMI Mi 4 was released it passess some standard certification, who certified Tecno Ph5?

You think its just by gathering cheap chinese parts and put them together by one God knows cheap anonymous company and high the price will make your phone standard? NO

Even though I don't like other chipset apart from MTK (because others are too expensive to maintain nd thats why I will not buy XIAOMI MI 4). But all things being equal, on a normal ground, no glo IMEI tweaking, I choose Mi 4 over any Tecno that is produced as at today[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jumia Sells Gionee L800 For Hilarious #25000 / Finally Got My First Iphone / Do You Answer Unknown Number Phone Calls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.