Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Lets Talk About Chess Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lets Talk About Chess Game (1545 Views)

Oluwafemi Balogun For World Chess Cup 2017 In Tbilisi, Georgia / Nigerians Talk About The Craziest Thing They Have Done For The Love Of Football / Lets Talk About Swimming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, I am a Chess lover and I am opening this topic for all Chess Game lovers, lets talk about our Chess Life, how good you are and do you like to improve more in it.

CHESS IS THE GAME.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by oteneaaron(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
I soooo looove chess......its one of those games I never get tired of playing......

I used to think i was the best chess olayer in my area...so i went on a trip and was challenging everyone around....one guy told me he was ready for battle......

I made only three moves before dis guy checkmated me.....well he tot me some insane moves.......chess is a beautiful game.....

@OP wats ur favorite chess move?
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by bluebella(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
Aaron if u r so good nobody can checkmate u in three moves, not even Kasparov.

Am so so good that am even scared about the quality of my moves.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by yorex2011: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
oteneaaron:
I soooo looove chess......its one of those games I never get tired of playing......

I used to think i was the best chess olayer in my area...so i went on a trip and was challenging everyone around....one guy told me he was ready for battle......

I made only three moves before dis guy checkmated me.....well he tot me some insane moves.......chess is a beautiful game.....

You must be a very serious "fish" to have been checkmated in three..
Not an insult.. Its d truth
I can't lose in less than 20 moves even to grandmasters
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
Heyo grandmasters. I am just an amateur chess player, i do hope to learn from you guys
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by oteneaaron(m): 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

Hahahahahahaha....yes....I jus started den......dah was abt 3 years ago......r u up for a challenge? Where's u at ? I'm in abuja........feel like whooping ur arse.....lol....

Whayasay?
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
oteneaaron:

Lolz .... The guy must have used the Napoleon Attack or The Fried Liver Attack. I like the Kings Indian Defense and Stonewall Attack, I like attacking. I like my pawns to stay together.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
bluebella:
Aaron if u r so good nobody can checkmate u in three moves, not even Kasparov.

Am so so good that am even scared about the quality of my moves.
Really? Hmmm ... Whats your favourite chess opening? And how many years have you been playing chess now?
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

Guy, you wil lose to Magnus Carlsen in 10 moves, the guy na hot cake for Chess Nationwide, not wit his Ruy Lopez Opening, your defense will crash, not an insult ooo
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
sylvalord:
Heyo grandmasters. I am just an amateur chess player, i do hope to learn from you guys

We are all novices, the advice i can give you is to play chess frequently and analyse your moves or game whenever you win or lose a game, dont fear your opponent and study about chess tru the internet and watch chess videos, by d time you do this, your chess vision will become wide and knowledge.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
oteneaaron:

Hahahahahahaha....yes....I jus started den......dah was abt 3 years ago......r u up for a challenge? Where's u at ? I'm in abuja........feel like whooping ur arse.....lol....

Whayasay?

Easy mate.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
I stay on Lagos, Sabo, If anybody wants a challenge, am up for one. Just notify me.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by yorex2011: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
Whizzdom:

Guy, you wil lose to Magnus Carlsen in 10 moves, the guy na hot cake for Chess Nationwide, not wit his Ruy Lopez Opening, your defense will crash, not an insult ooo
Baba I can't lose in 10 moves, ruy lopez that i even knw opening lines up to tenth move sef, murphy defense, chigorin variation, dude i don't lose to chess engines in ten moves sef, i don pass that fish stage, i fit play magnus blindfold 10 moves i no go lose...
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

Baba I can't lose in 10 moves, ruy lopez that i even knw opening lines up to tenth move sef, murphy defense, chigorin variation, dude i don't lose to chess engines in ten moves sef, i don pass that fish stage, i fit play magnus blindfold 10 moves i no go lose...

You? I no dey downgrade oo ... you can play magnus blindfolded? lolz you must be good in algebraic chess notation then ... I believe you my guy.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by yorex2011: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
Whizzdom:

You? I no dey downgrade oo ... you can play magnus blindfolded? lolz you must be good in algebraic chess notation then ... I believe you my guy.
Cant play a full game blindfold, but i sure can manage up to 10-15 moves,
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

Cant play a full game blindfold, but i sure can manage up to 10-15 moves,

Keep the checkmate going my bro. Where do you stay?
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
Whizzdom:

We are all novices, the advice i can give you is to play chess frequently and analyse your moves or game whenever you win or lose a game, dont fear your opponent and study about chess tru the internet and watch chess videos, by d time you do this, your chess vision will become wide and knowledge.
Thank you
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

you can play magnus blindfolded? I doff my heart for you sir.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
I love the queen's gambit, but maybe that is because i have not tried other opening moves.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by yorex2011: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
sylvalord:
you can play magnus blindfolded? I doff my heart for you sir.
Abeg o.. To play blindfold chess not a big deal..anyone can be played blindfolded, I'm just saying 10 moves is too small to lose, even of its blindfold or simultaneous play
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by yorex2011: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
The real beauty is in the end game and middle game, tactics vs strategy, attack vs defense, initiative vs material,
The beautiful game
Personally i play Sicilian as black against e4 and semi slav against queen's gambit, then i play e4 as white, if Sicilian then i play fischer variation, if french i play tarrash variation, if e5 i play ruy lopez, its good to have spme knowledge of opening play but juat know the principles behind them and not move cramming...

Ruy lopez is a compact and rigid style and can be problematic for black
Sicilian offers more flexibility and sharp tactics
French is a little more positional
Queens gambit is also quite dynamic
Gambits such as the evans gambit also can be exciting to play

But all in all, the real sweetness starts in the late middlegame and endgame, knight maneuvering, sacrifices, counter sacrifices, pins and skewers, pseudo pins, desperado pieces, zwechenzugs (in-between moves) , threats and counter threats, zugwangs, poisoned pieces, deflections, over working, pawn storms.. Game too sweet abeg
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

Abeg o.. To play blindfold chess not a big deal..anyone can be played blindfolded, I'm just saying 10 moves is too small to lose, even of its blindfold or simultaneous play
oh
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Sheikwonder(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
Whizzdom:
I stay on Lagos, Sabo, If anybody wants a challenge, am up for one. Just notify me.

They just finished masters chess today at unilag,top prize of 1million and u dey waste ur talent for sabo? Chai!
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Sheikwonder(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
yorex2011:

Emma,abeg no intimidate all these small boiz 4 here abeg,wetin dem sabi 4 chess? No be people dey play multiple blindfold? If you know your openings you can survive 20 moves even against chess engines like komodo,stockfish and houdini...

Meanwhile on chess moves;

I for like sabi that "berlin wall" wella. Kramnik played Kasparov in 2001 as black using that defence 4 times,he didn't lose once! Even oga Kasparov confessed that the berlin wall is very complicated...

As black,I play the sicilian dragon. It makes for an unpredictable endgame. As white,I play e4 with "fishes",but against strong players I either try a gambit[danish]or I try english opening. Trying to learn the london system when i have time...but e don tay since I touch chess board sha!

I miss those days!
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2015
Sheikwonder:

They just finished masters chess today at unilag,top prize of 1million and u dey waste ur talent for sabo? Chai!

Hmm ... Why the braggin? So you are claimin grandmaster now abi? for your mind ... who knows if you are not lying sef, even if it is true ... i play chess becos i love the game not that i want to make money out of it. so back off.
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Sheikwonder(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Whizzdom:

Hmm ... Why the braggin? So you are claimin grandmaster now abi? for your mind ... who knows if you are not lying sef, even if it is true ... i play chess becos i love the game not that i want to make money out of it. so back off.

What are you saying about me "Claiming G.M? I stopped playing active chess a long while ago!

I was only doing you a favour. You stay at Sabo which is not far from Akoka and you say you want to play chess and get better at it,why not head over to unilag and meet solid players so you can learn from them rather than stay home?

Chess is practise,constant practise. You are obviously a fish to lose in 3 moves. Go join a chess club or at least get chess books to improve on your openings so you don't lose in 3 moves again. I suggest e4,it is the most basic opening and as Fischer put it,best by test...

Goodluck though...and just so you know,bragging is not exactly my thing...
Re: Lets Talk About Chess Game by Whizzdom(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Sheikwonder:

What are you saying about me "Claiming G.M? I stopped playing active chess a long while ago!

I was only doing you a favour. You stay at Sabo which is not far from Akoka and you say you want to play chess and get better at it,why not head over to unilag and meet solid players so you can learn from them rather than stay home?

Chess is practise,constant practise. You are obviously a fish to lose in 3 moves. Go join a chess club or at least get chess books to improve on your openings so you don't lose in 3 moves again. I suggest e4,it is the most basic opening and as Fischer put it,best by test...

Goodluck though...and just so you know,bragging is not exactly my thing...

I am not a fish, and mind you these solid players of yours usually makes blunders, am a fan of Garry (d4 master) making the best moves + tactics and the endgame is what makes you a good player.
I would love to challenge these players a unilag, which side in unilag do i have to go to and which day of the week.

(1) (Reply)

Siasia Explains Why He Left Out Leon Balogun, Ideye, Success against Egypt / Liverpool, CSKA, Napoli Qualify For Champions League Group Stage / Manchester United Overpower Everton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.