Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize (38332 Views)

Why Nigerian Companies Use Personality Assessments During Recruitment / Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by pure11(m): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
lifo,fifo what about tifo(talk in flush out)
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by deeswagger: 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Enlightening
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
It's high time I diversify..its high time we all diversify...the oil industry is caving in at a fast pace and I am afraid many jobs would go(God forbid)..in our country where we barely have a government it would be so tough for us all..
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by smoby(m): 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Or may be dem go bring if na box then put all the name of worker in side then choose randomly grin
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by abiolag(m): 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nice write up
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Mishydoo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nice Piece....Dats why I find it difficult to choose between my current contract job jn a coporate org and a Fed govnt Job...
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by piagetskinner(m): 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
Abeg what's the acronym for hiring people# na that one I dey interested in

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Junior66(m): 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
softandmoist:
Not true. Village people could be doing you.
Na una no de allow grandpa and grandma for village enjoy their old age ba? Diaris godu o.
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by kennycalls(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
can't wait to be a victim of downsizing in the federal parastatal where I work and be compensated with a couple of million nairas
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by kennycalls(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
NOTRIBE:
PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO REGISTER IN NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MASTURBATORS{NAM}....CALL.08037669812(dont flash) IT IS SAFER TO MASTURBATE THAN TO BE GAY OR HAVE SEXX...NO RISK OF STD, NO HEARTBREAK..IT IS YOU AND YOUR BODY....please be serious my battery have been going flat because of excessive flash calls.
Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by murtalaa(m): 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
See what a senator is advocating for be made legal: https://www.nairaland.com/2743470/see-what-senator-advocating-made
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by ifyalways(f): 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
jenyfah:
Don't Laugh alone!
Dem say Boko Haram don poison beans after I buy half bag
for house. From the one wey I cook, I give my dog, Bingo,
make im first test am. 45mins later, bingo still dey waka,
dey jolly. Na im I come chop my own. After I don chop
finish, my gateman run come tel me say bingo don die, hey!
I run enter house, begin drink full gallon of palm oil for my
belle, chop 22 bitter kola wit 3 long bitter leaf stem, chop
walnuts with the shell no time to crack, swallow moringa
with aloe vera as treatment combo. Garlic and onions be like
sweet for my mouth. I come dey sweat as if na oven be my
bedroom. I dey think say my life don finish. I come outside.
Na im gate man com they tell me say the driver wey kill
bingo wan come beg me! If na u, wetin u go do the gate
man? Don't laugh alone.........
Lmao. This just came in handy after a long stressful day.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Moyanbe(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
In a country whereby people are being sacked, it's high time we try to be independent and depend less on govt for daily meet.

Only if we can discover ourselves before others do and not take advantage of us. E. g the whites
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by emmydee(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
jenyfah:
Don't Laugh alone!
Dem say Boko Haram don poison beans after I buy half bag
for house. From the one wey I cook, I give my dog, Bingo,
make im first test am. 45mins later, bingo still dey waka,
dey jolly. Na im I come chop my own. After I don chop
finish, my gateman run come tel me say bingo don die, hey!
I run enter house, begin drink full gallon of palm oil for my
belle, chop 22 bitter kola wit 3 long bitter leaf stem, chop
walnuts with the shell no time to crack, swallow moringa
with aloe vera as treatment combo. Garlic and onions be like
sweet for my mouth. I come dey sweat as if na oven be my
bedroom. I dey think say my life don finish. I come outside.
Na im gate man com they tell me say the driver wey kill
bingo wan come beg me! If na u, wetin u go do the gate
man? Don't laugh alone.........
the last time i laughed so wildly like this was about a year a go!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
okay.
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Ahmeduana(m): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
jenyfah:
Don't Laugh alone! Dem say Boko Haram don poison beans after I buy half bag for house. From the one wey I cook, I give my dog, Bingo, make im first test am. 45mins later, bingo still dey waka, dey jolly. Na im I come chop my own. After I don chop finish, my gateman run come tel me say bingo don die, hey! I run enter house, begin drink full gallon of palm oil for my belle, chop 22 bitter kola wit 3 long bitter leaf stem, chop walnuts with the shell no time to crack, swallow moringa with aloe vera as treatment combo. Garlic and onions be like sweet for my mouth. I come dey sweat as if na oven be my bedroom. I dey think say my life don finish. I come outside. Na im gate man com they tell me say the driver wey kill bingo wan come beg me! If na u, wetin u go do the gate man? Don't laugh alone.........
YOU FUNNY DIE, WAHLAI!
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by zubby29(m): 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
it happened to alot of staff today at union bank,
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by aprokomanager: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
PRAGLO: PRAGLO is an acronym for "post rubbish and get laid off.
If you are the type that post rubbish on social network (nairaland, facebook etc) they probability that you will be laid off when the company is downsizing is higher.

indeed
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
It is well..
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by 9jaboi8701(m): 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
This thread gives people liver failure. *runs out of thread fast fast*
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by djbigc86: 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
There was a mistake in the first link.here is the original link download and share http://9jabaze.com/site_52.xhtml?get-id=14682

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by lokonzo78: 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
This piece is on point. I was once a victim of LIFO.
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by scarr: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
360ng:

indeed.. many are mad but few are roaming..this guy is a perfect example... angry

But y dies it pain u so much? Dis is d second thread I'm seeing in 10mins you're attacking dis guy!

You hating on his niche or wah?
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by 360ng: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
scarr:

But y dies it pain u so much? Dis is d second thread I'm seeing in 10mins you're attacking dis guy!

You hating on his niche or wah?

hating?? u are a joker..
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by micholalo(m): 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
Shinelle:
LIFO FIFO and weighted average lol

Na inside account I see am last. Lol....
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by PBundles(m): 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
If it aint Airforce1, we aint listening.

djbigc86:
There was a mistake in the first link.here is the original link download and share http://9jabaze.com/site_52.xhtml?get-id=14682
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by nwadiuko1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
Shinelle:
LIFO FIFO and weighted average lol
those are accounting terms......are you an accountant? Am one
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Blow074: 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
Enlightening
Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Pascalberry(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
jenyfah:
Don't Laugh alone! Dem say Boko Haram don poison beans after I buy half bag for house. From the one wey I cook, I give my dog, Bingo, make im first test am. 45mins later, bingo still dey waka, dey jolly. Na im I come chop my own. After I don chop finish, my gateman run come tel me say bingo don die, hey! I run enter house, begin drink full gallon of palm oil for my belle, chop 22 bitter kola wit 3 long bitter leaf stem, chop walnuts with the shell no time to crack, swallow moringa with aloe vera as treatment combo. Garlic and onions be like sweet for my mouth. I come dey sweat as if na oven be my bedroom. I dey think say my life don finish. I come outside. Na im gate man com they tell me say the driver wey kill bingo wan come beg me! If na u, wetin u go do the gate man? Don't laugh alone.........
my guy E nur funny! So i cant lauqh!!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize by Bflexing(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
U forgot to mention [size=16pt]OFFICE POLITICS[/size] which is a major thing too...

Totally different from random selection because is not random!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms / Pictures Of Ebonyi State Vocational College. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.