Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,109 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! (769 Views)

BULLSHIT: Falling In Love Isnt A One Time Event. / Nigerian Lady Gets Mercedes Benz S Class As Birthday Gift From Boo (pics) / Isnt He The Most Handsome Yoruba Guy In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by donTbone(m): 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
William Masvinu, the current Zimbabwe’s Mister Ugly titleholder, hopes to win the weird competion for fourth year running.

William Masvinu is the reigning champion of the unusual “ugliness” pageant for three years now. But it seems it will be hard for him to hold the title this year as the huge number of people are willing to try themselves in the contest.

The pageant organizer David Machowa explained the idea of the competition saying: “We are looking for natural ugliness. Facial features count the most, but contestants will also be judged on their confidence on the catwalk, and how they handle a Q&A round. People have always seen ugliness as something to be ashamed of. Looks are God-given. We should all be proud of who we are.”

In 2012 when Mr Masvinu won the ‘beauty pageant’, there were only five participants. He won $100 dollars and a voucher for a night’s stay at a hotel, which he changed for food. Masvinu hoped that the victory would bring him advertising contracts but his expectations didn’t meet reality.

He still works at a local market but claims the victory has made him ready to “show the world my gift”. He said: “I was expecting to do some adverts and some modelling if I was asked. But I’m still poor, still carrying loads of cabbages on to buses. Being ugly is not a curse. It’s a gift God gave me and I’m proud of it. My face makes me special and I am not making any excuses about it.”

He won $100 dollars and a voucher for a night’s stay at a hotel, which he changed for food.

What concerns this year, the winner will get $1,000 dollars for prize money and a crown. The final is going to be held on November 20 in Harare. The organisers of the event also plan to launch a female version of the competition and expand it to other African countries.

Fellow NLanders, never underestimate the creation of God.

Re: Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by northvietnam(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
0h..... my God , people can be ugly oooo......
Re: Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by donTbone(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
northvietnam:
0h..... my God , people can be ugly oooo......

Yes! grin grin grin
mind you, he is proud of it! lipsrsealed

Even some handsome guys are not as confident as he is! angry
Re: Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by Lisaflex(f): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
He luks lyk Mr Ibu...I lyk d fact dt he's confidentsmiley
Re: Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by ivoatt(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nice 1
Re: Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by liquidmetall: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Wtf shocked
Re: Ugliness Isnt A Curse, Its A Gift From God! by donTbone(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lisaflex:
He luks lyk Mr Ibu...I lyk d fact dt he's confidentsmiley
Mr Ibu still get hope beside this one o! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Meet Zimbabwe's Ugliest Man / Someone's Experience About Marriage.. / Words Of Wisdom From Dr. Ben Carson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.