Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,915 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? (584 Views)

Biafra:I’m Not Deceiving Igbos,Governor Okorocha Has Mental Problem–Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: I’m Doing What Ojukwu Taught Ndigbo, I Deserve Respect – Ngige / Nigeriannewspapers: Biafra: I’m Worried, Says Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? by easrael(f): 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
I draw inspiration from one of the legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s evergreen songs: Beast of No Nation, “This uprising will bring out the beast in us”.

Radio Biafra is the latest topic in town when talking about ethnic divides in our dear country and we all know about this highly controversial radio station. Before I proceed, I’ll like to give a little background info on what the radio station stands for:

The radio station and its leader for the liberation of the Biafran Nation…

That was the extract of my unpublished piece on Radio Biafra: I’m a Fan, Are You?

Now, its leader has been captured/detained/abducted etc.,(we all can use our preferred adjective) but we all know the young man is nowhere to be found free as claimed by the Department of State Security.

The recent protests have also been massive as some opine even the great “Ojukwu” couldn’t amass the same number of support he’s presently getting.

I really have no stake in the staying or leaving of the Igbos so I write as an objective analyst. In reality, the question I ask young Igbos is this: Who will be the leaders of Biafra if you leave?. The question is very critical because it is no rocket science that the present Igbo Governors will superintend over the Biafra Nation.

We all know the reason for disintegration as sold by the elites to the young generation is simply marginalization!

Yes, I know and we all agree but have you asked yourself this question; Has there been any cause fought for by these so-called elites without no underlying political inference? Let’s take our minds back to the most recent ones, Bring Back Our Girls, Occupy Nigeria, Save Lasu, Save Nigeria Group and a host of others.

These are the same set of people who when they feel and or are marginalized will use the youths to cry out for their cause. Do not be deceived, as much as having Biafra is a very good dream for the Igbo youths, have you pondered on whether the leaders of the Biafran Nation will be different from the Igbo leaders now who have at countless number of times failed the average Igbo youth.

We need to come to terms with the fact that if your voice does not count in your ward, local government, and state at present, Biafra would not benefit you when it materializes.

I therefore would like to encourage all Igbo youths that “politicians are out to use you for protests that you won’t be a stakeholder when it yields fruits! Now tell me, how many youths who protested for the BBOG movement which was largely politically motivated are stakeholders in today’s government.

I also would like to advice my Biafran youths, please do not agitate for a separation IF you won’t be an on ground stakeholder when it is birth and not some Facebook, Instagram or Twitter commentator while you are no where close to the powers that be in Biafra.

Source: https://ladispeaks./2015/11/16/biafra-im-a-fan-are-you/
Re: Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? by mufasasa: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
i'm not

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? by ArodeTsolaye: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
What is this one saying? I stopped reading your trash when you opined that 'the present Igbo Governors will superintend over the Biafra Nation'.

How do you know this, did any IPOB member tell you that we will invite these efulefus to come govern us in Biafraland? why do you think they are fighting to end the agitation with whiskey drunk Obiano ordering the shootimg of women?

Mr man, face your oduarewastan and allow Biafrans worry for Biafra. you worry about getting a real job and feed well, maybe you'll start thinking well when you do that.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? by basilo101: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lol, stop writing rubbish. The govornors are products of the zoo system. IPOB already have and organized chain of command
Re: Biafra: I’m A Fan, Are You? by easrael(f): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
What is this one saying? I stopped reading your trash when you opined that 'the present Igbo Governors will superintend over the Biafra Nation'.
How do you know this, did any IPOB member tell you that we will invite these efulefus to come govern us in Biafraland? why do you think they are fighting to end the agitation with whiskey drunk Obiano ordering the shootimg of women?
Mr man, face your oduarewastan and allow Biafrans worry for Biafra. you worry about getting a real job and feed well, maybe you'll start thinking well when you do that.
basilo101:
Lol, stop writing rubbish. The govornors are products of the zoo system. IPOB already have and organized chain of command

Go and study history very well you too or even as th case maybe an stop being in the dark!

When Nigeria was about to gain independence, our supposed members of the parliament forced their way into government. When the military was about to to hand over to civilian rule, they retired and became the ruling class...Spain/Catalonia, Sudan/South Sudan, The Yugoslavia Nation etc...

Like I encouraged, if you know you will not be a stakeholder when Biafra comes into light, don't let them USE you to achieve their selfish gains!

On ground stakeholder o not some NL stakeholder!

(1) (Reply)

Radio & T.V. Licence/Tax Collection By Lagos State Govt.... Is it legal? / Buhari’s Accountant General Signed TSA Agreement With REMITA, Not Jonathan / Edo Women Half Unclad Protest In Benin Against Oshiomole Lead governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.