Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That (3523 Views)

Do Qur'an Says Jesus Has Died?! Explanation Of The Word "Tawafii" / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / What Qur'an Says About Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Abuzola(m): 10:40am On May 29, 2009
noetic2:

thou pathetic whiners . . . . . when did He die? show evidences from ur koran.

how can a person who never died RISE from the dead?

Is not every question that one need to answer except if u are a fool. hahaha,
Sahih Bukhari, Muslim and Abu Dawud hadith had stated it clear that Jesus wiill descend at the time of the anti christ (masih Dujjal) and slay him and no single person will remain on earth but all will be muslim he will spend 7 years on earth, he will lead a prayer in masjidil Haram, marry, born children and die, the muslim will bury him according to islamic rites, after his death the unbelievers will go back to their false worship

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2009
fellis:

Abuzola, I tire oh.
Qur'an 19:33; "Peace be upon me the day I was born, and THE DAY I DIE, and the day I shall be raised alive".(Judgement day).
For crying out loud.

That Judgment day that you put in brackets is an addition which is not part of the verse.  It is your own interpretation that you want to use to deceive others.

If you have a copy of the Qur'an you can read such stories of the so called childhood miracles of Jesus that can seen in Surah 19:29-33 and 5:110 where you have baby Jesus talking. shocked  This legend or myth was first spread by the gnostics in the 2nd century A.D.  The occultic Egyptians had similar accounts.  These gnostics wrote apocryphal gospels to contradict the synoptic gospels but using false characters as the names of the disciples of Christ.  The Qur'anic fable above was copied from the apocryphal gospel of Thomas which was a myth or folklore tales, but see how they found there way into the Qur'an which has been claimed to be received from heaven. undecided  Such tales could have been borrowed from one of the "prophet's" wives who was said to be a "Christian".

The verse in question states:

"Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

If you noticed you will discover that they made the first blunder by claiming in 19:28 that Mary the mother of Jesus was the sister of Aaron. shocked  They went on to say that Jesus spoke as a child and spoke of when he was born, when he will die and when he will be resurrected.  All these they claimed, he said a baby.  I don't see where you get the idea that he was talking about Judgment day or are we just grabbing at straws?

There is no doubt that Mo borrowed from both Jewish and Christian myth (folklore stories), which makes any attempt to describe the Qur'an as inspired or received from heaven difficult to support.

However, If you want to know the real story of the birth, life, miracles, death, burial, resurrection and His second coming your book got it right when it said that you should contact the people of the book.  So, you guys will have no excuse by saying "I did not know or I was not told" on that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nobody: 11:51am On May 29, 2009
OLAADEGBU,
No.
No. It is not my own interpretation. Because, first of all, we muslims believe that Jesus Christ is still alive, and that he would return to re-establish the worship of The One True God. And it would be during his stay on earth after the second coming that he would die. That is the death spoken of in the verse. And the only resurrection after worldly death, is nothing but the ressurrection on the Day of Judgement. That is the belief we hold. That is why I put Judgement Day in bracket there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by olabowale(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2009
@OLAADEGBU: I hope you can read english, since you live in England? If you are confused any further after this explanation, that follows, then know that it is not language but your disbelieving heart is what you need to blame.

You are a Yoruba man. Al Yorubas call themselves Omo Oduduwa. Is Oduduwa your father? No? Why do they call you Omo Oduduwa? I am also Omo Oduduwa, according to Yoruba term of endearment. Is your father, also my father? Am I related to you? Do I even know you from Adam? If all the above have a NO as their answer, then know that the Yorubas and those who follow similar traditions around the world, say the people who call themselves "CHILDREN OF ISRAEL (Jacob was named Israel after he had a physical contact/wrestle, according to your Bible, with an angel. Some of you Christians or all of you even think that it was "GOD" instead! Which one is it, confused English man? Is it Angel or God? I bet you will dock this question without a clear and concise answer.) are all out of order, confused and tall tale tellers!

Let me now come to the Christians as a whole to support my argument. You Olaadegbu and others called yourselves "god's children". Is God, your father in your family house in Nigeria, as your mother's husband, your siblings' father, your uncle and aunt's brother, your grandparents' son? Did your father God personally drove you to school as a child, and High School boarding house when you were in High School? When you call your father in Nigeria, now, is God the "Man" at the other end of the phone from you?

Or are you the son of Jesus? Follow the same pattern of arguments above, and think about others to support your "claim of child of Jesus or Support my destroying your Fake claims of God and Jesus relationships" to you. The last I check, none of you said that Jesus even have a wife! The foolish thought of disbeliever, and bet those who are yet to be born will say that God and then Jesus, separately is their father(s), not knowing that they are telling us in a very subtle way that their mothers are community properties and their fathers are not active in the bedrooms and they are bastards, since they claim at least one more as father than the person that share beds with their mothers.

The God and Jesus of Christians must be two active beings in the sexual department, if the Christian statement is true. The Christians even day that God is Jesus father! I have asked a humpty dumpty times; who is the wife of God, Mary? Yet no direct answer, except the usual waffling. Even Pilgrim.1 have not come out directly on this. If Jesus said he is son of man, regardless of not having a father, dont you know that "man" is inclusive of woman too? Is it not true that Mary is part of the term "man" here? Did Mary say that God was her husband? No? Aren't you therefore mistaking about Jesus being son of God? No? Am waiting for a logical explanation; statement from Jesus directly, neither subtle, not just inferring, not open to interpretations, not convoluting, but direct to the point. Yes he said he is and here is his direct statement, that can be understood by ordinary people. Or I can't give you any, that it is so direct that a primary 2 child or even younger will be able to get it. It is known that every child knows who is father; mom's husband, the man whose male semen brought about the child! Apply the same idea here, since Mary was a man. And Jesus was a man. Or will a man produce a God? Will that produced God by a man be true God or something in the category of darn "Idols: worship of such a man is idolatry, like worshipping Ogun and the other nonsensical idols around the world", or am I wrong?

Finally, the Christians always say that Jesus is son of King David. Why and how? Did David have anything sexually to do with Mary and the production of Jesus? Is this statement made only because David, Mary and Jesus are from the Children of Israel? No? Proof the relationship that can drive you to say that David is Jesus' father. Am waiting. If all of my questions have no answer from you, except what I proposed in the relationships of the beings mentioned, then know that Mary being called "sister" of Harun (AS), who is the brother of Musa (AS), is a honoring statement because she hailed from a noble family among her people. And they are all from the same bloodlines; Children of Israel. Please proof me wrong with sound arguments. And by extension of his mother's family position among Bani Israel of his days, Jesus also came from noble family. All prophets came from Noble families among their people. This Noble family lineage is for you to read, C-NOETIC, sice Muhammad (AS) has a noble lineage among the Makkan, the Hashimin clan in the Quraishi tribe.

Chapter 19 verse 33 states the day I was born (past tense at the time he made the statement) "Born from my mother's womb to the outside world", and the day I die (something that will occur later in the future of the time of the statement) "Dies by my soul being removed and separated from my body, and called back to the One Who gave me the Soul. My body will be buried in the same way that the bodies of all prophets are buried when they died. I will be shrouded in the same way Adam was, Idris was, Noah was, Ibrahim was, etc. Not unclothedness without being washed. I will remain in this state until Allah decides", and the day I shall be raised up (something that will also happen in the future of the statement) "Raised up from the soil/grave where I had remained buried until now. I will hurry up, emerging from the soil, breaking loose in the same way planted seed emerges as a seedling with the new foliages; leaves and stem. Finally I will emerge completely, hurrying off to my appointed place, as head of my nation. My nation is are those people I was a leader of, as prophet, with my prophethood starting from when I announced it, by God's permission, ending with when the next Prophet after me (Muhammad) announced his. I am raised up not for show or purposeless, but for Judgement of me and those people who fall into my "prophetic era."

And Jesus was not the only baby he spoke in the Quran. Surah Buruj has a baby who spoke. An ahadith about "Juraj" who did not answer his mother's call has a baby who spoke, too. I wonder if the Quran culled out the child in Buruj and the one in the ahadith about Juraj from your lousy "Agnostic Bibles, also?" Orshi rishi. (I borrowed the Orishi rishi from the usual expression of Orikinla; Here I am a muslim. A follower of Muhammad. I borrowed an expression that is clearly Yoruba. I am a Yoruba man. But just because Orikinla came to mind when I was going to you it to yab you, Olaadegbu, I had to give props to Orikinla. Honestly, if Muhammad were to have taking anything from any place, do you think he would not have said where and give the credit to the author?

Here you find in the Quran that Allah says He is the Author and that Muhammad (AS) has no single contribution to it. Who is Allah, again from your Christian mindset? You say it is the moon god. Could the moon god write such a fantastic book, through the tongue of a person (Muhammad) who destroyed all gods/idols (including moon god) when he and his companions (RA) became victorious over Makka? Shouldnt he have retained this moon god? No? But you wear across your neck cross with yur worship of it; the wood and the onewho is hanging on it. I know you have now in gold and platnum, with all kinds of diamond studs. Regardless the cross is still an idol. If you say that Shaitan has anything to do with Quran, then it shows that you have not studied Islam or know muslims. Even when a muslim is still doing evil, he continues to say Audu billahi minal Shaitani Rajim. Muslims are required in Surah Gafir, the first of the Ha Mims, that one should seek protection of Allah against the accursed Satan, before reading the Quran. Also in the same Quran, muslims are encouraged to seek Allah's protection, against Satan when in order to avoid sins. Where do you come up with your warped understandings?

When Jesus said something that was in Torah, or read from it, was he rejecting his own New Testament or his own mission as inferior, or it was the commandment given to him by the "One Who Sent him?" And is the New Testament on its own sufficient, for the Christians? If so why do you read the Psalm of David for "Protection?" If not, and obviously it is not enough for the Christians, why do you go to the Book of the man you said he was an adulterer and a Murderer? Since the Taurah, Sabur and Injil of today is deemed corrupt, a true Muslim will have nothing useful in it, except to use it to argue against you guys.

@C-NOETIC: I hope you do under simple English? Since Quran says Jesus did not get crucified and did not die (go to Surah Nisaa), then it simply means that when you think he died on the cross, at best he was in a coma. Or just tired from his ordeals, and hence there was no visible sign of life at first glance. No wonder his blood flowed liberally when the spear was thrust and pierced his skin. But he was too tired to even give any sign of pain. But as the carriers claimed him for burial rites, they soon found that his body was still warm (to the touch and not cold, usually the sign of death), a sign that his blood was still flowing and all organs were still working. So they laid him down and began to medicate him, with balm or oil so that he can recuperate and get well. They knew it will take time for him to be well. So they knew they have to repeat the medication so that he is nursed back to complete good health. Afterall he lived like a human being (eating, drinking, sleeping, tired, fatigued, needing rest, urinating and deficating), among them, without anything special about him, except his Prophetic messages, preachings and miracles. (If you know any different tell us. If you are arguing that he was God, please tell us in Jesus own word in the Testaments, where he said he is God? Does God Almighty also falls under those beings that He God has created death to overtake? If God dies, who will still be the Irrestitately God? Who will remain Lord and God over all creations? What do you think Satan will do if God dies? What do you think the Angels will do if God dies? What do you think humans will do if God dies? Do you think humans will still worship a dead God or one upon a time "dead" God? I am waiting and I don't have all day. And if he had said that he was God, would it not be a shame and an endictment on him, if he couldnt have healed himself right away on the cross for all to see? Those who said he was speaking blasphemy would have to believe him, wouldnt they? They would be certain then that they couldnt hurt him? NO?).

If he did not die and just pretended to have died, like how we have seen many do even today, in a situation where their life is in danger of being taking, then know that Allah prevented Jesus was being killed and later regained consciousness, in a safe place; the cave! If you know the culture of the Children of Israel, you will know that they bury their dead like the muslims, immediately. What could have been the reason for the people who took possession of Jesus from the cross, to keep him longer, if they actually believed that he had died, and not burying him right away, going against their traditions? Since he knew that he will be rattled out/betrayed by Iscariot, he announced it to his community. According to the Bible, it happened that Iscariot greed did not guide him away from being the betrayer.

Since Jesus did not announce to anybody that he will die on the cross and remain dead for three days and then come to back to life, we have to now assume with good argument that neither death nor coming back to life occurred from the Friday that he was hung and the Sunday that he was out of the recuperating cave! Here is my argument: Jesus said that he gave his community a sign of what happened exactly to Jonas in the belly of the whale will happen to him, in the belly of the earth. In this case we know that Jonas was swallowed, still alive when it happened. And He remained in that alive state in the belly of the whale for complete 3 days. Not part, but complete three days and then was spittted out still alive, with some body sores. At no single time did it die, according to the Quran. The incidence with the whale was a reproach from God on Jonas (AS).

Now lets turn to Jesus condition and analyse it from the time of mounting the cross all the way to the empty tomb. Jesus was already tired when he was hung. We can now see that without any food or drink, it is only a matter of time before he collapsed and have no pulse if still alive or completely dead. But wait, if he died on the cross, then his condition will not be exactly that of Jonas and the whale. For Jonas was swallowed alive and remained throughout the ordeal, alive and did not die at anytime. If Jesus died on the cross then the equation have changed and no more aceptable as a true prophetic saying/prophecy! That will disproof him as a prophet, wouldn't it? Yet prophet must be less than God or isnt it? If Jesus was incorrect, becaused he died can we not say that he had said something that was false, hence he will not be regarded by true believers as Prophet even? How can you take the word of those who speak falsehood and say that they are prophets or even one of them is a GOD?

Let move forward, if we take my premise, the islamic premise that he was alive throughout on the cross, then when he was taking down, he was still alive. This will be consistent with the Jonas condition and what is written in the Quran. If you christian says he died on the cross, or off the cross in those three days you have disproved him because his statement as to what will happen to him similar to Jonas will actually be the archille's heel here.

The people should have buried him right away, except that they did not. That raised the question why they did not according to the traditions? What will they be doing with dead body, by robbing oil on it; experiment to know how long it will take for it to begin to smell bad or what? Remember that this man was their leader and prophet. Did he leave them an instruction? No? Then why keeping a dead body around? THey are not even carnibals for crying out loud!

Muhammad left instructions about his burial. He said after you have washed me, leave me for a period of time. This period was the period that the Angels came down to even make Janazah prayer on him. He also said that when he was buried the people should remain at the grave site for a perid that it will take to cut up a camel. The Arabs knew the approximated times. So they did exactly that. What instructions about the after the cross period that Jesus left, concerning any happening that will make the custodians of his body wanted to keep him for three days with oil rob, at some appointed time, if I can ask you again? They are now going to annoit him in dead which they did not do while he was alive? Shio on you C-Noetic idea?

Back to Islamic understanding; The people knew that he did not die, or they suspect it, so they decided to keep him under observation, while they medicate him. They robbed oil as a healing solution on hiswound and his aching body. In time, he regained his energy and emerged from the Infermmary/Dispensary/Hospital, take your pick, guy. All of this is within the plan and command of Allah. All He needed to say was "Be!" Jesus emerged, well enough, but still carrying the signs of the ordeal; sores and body aches. No wonder he did not want anyone to touch him, according to your Bible. But then he ate, because of hunger, just the way he used to eat before the ordeal Another sign that he was still a human being. I do not see any inconsistency or a transformation, here between from before the cross and now that he has emerged and join his community!

We both agree that he was lifted up to heaven. He did not do it out of his own power, considering that the Bible said that God told Jesus that he will strenghten him. I am point out to you that God is not Jesus and Jesus son of Mary is not God, but a human prophet, needing God all the way.

I guess now you will undersatnd that it is either Jesus prophetic saying came true, exactly as he said, or it did not. I say that it came true since I have argued that he did not die on the cross nor was he crucified!

By the way do a Jewish people calculation of a day for us. When does their day begin? When does it end? How is it that Friday evening through Sunday just after dawn can be 3 Jewish days? Many will enjoy your reads.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by babs787(m): 5:24pm On May 29, 2009
@Olaadegbu

Na wa for this my friend o. You are still with that your Christianity googles cheesy

That Judgment day that you put in brackets is an addition which is not part of the verse.  It is your own interpretation that you want to use to deceive others.

Read to understand my good friend. I would provide explanation below since you keep repeating same thing over.

If you have a copy of the Qur'an you can read such stories of the so called childhood miracles of Jesus that can seen in Surah 19:29-33 and 5:110 where you have baby Jesus talking. Shocked  This legend or myth was first spread by the gnostics in the 2nd century A.D.  The occultic Egyptians had similar accounts.  These gnostics wrote apocryphal gospels to contradict the synoptic gospels but using false characters as the names of the disciples of Christ.

Na wa for you, so you are claimig that Jesus didnt talk during infancy but how do you reconcile the story when her mother left her people but only to return with a baby? How do you expect her to tell people and prove her chastity when confronted by her people as to how she got the baby. The baby happened to rescue her mother from the people thinking of her to have indulged in illicit affair.The talking of the baby happened to be a miracle and its only people of faith that have wisdom, would appreciate and believe that just like we have stories of miracles done by Jesus in the bible like walking on water etc.

BWT, how did muslims copy the bible and it runs contrary to some man made doctrines and spoke of who really Jesus is? If Muslims have copied that, then it should have Jesus as saviour and others being inserted into the bible after the demise of Jesus.

The Qur'anic fable above was copied from the apocryphal gospel of Thomas which was a myth or folklore tales, but see how they found there way into the Qur'an which has been claimed to be received from heaven. Undecided  Such tales could have been borrowed from one of the "prophet's" wives who was said to be a "Christian".

Do you have any hadith or fact to back your stories up? How do we have difference in the true nature of Jesus, why did Quran kick against trinity, sonship, Godship if they have copied the bible?

"Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

If you noticed you will discover that they made the first blunder by claiming in 19:28 that Mary the mother of Jesus was the sister of Aaron. Shocked  They went on to say that Jesus spoke as a child and spoke of when he was born, when he will die and when he will be resurrected.  All these they claimed, he said a baby.  I don't see where you get the idea that he was talking about Judgment day or are we just grabbing at straws?

Firstly, let us go into what Jesus would be asked on Judgement day. In Surah Maidah, Allah on last day, would call Jesus and ask him thus:

Quran 5 v 110: (Remember) when Allâh will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Rûh­ul­Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle[] and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al­Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' "

Having done that, let us go to read the verse that you failed to comprehend

Quran 19 v 33:  "So peace is upon me  the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life."

The above verse didnt say he was crucified as we read by Allah in Surah Nissai:

Quran 4:156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge;  That they said (in boast):  'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.'  But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.  Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.  And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him  (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them."

Jesus didnt die nor crucified but was raised to Allah and would come as a muslim to fight Dajjal when the time comes and would die a natural death and be raised back to life on last day as we will all do just like someone cannot die a natural death twice:

Quran 44 v 56:  "Nor will they [all humans who end up in heaven] there taste death, except the first death; [/b]and He will preserve them from the penalty of the blazing fire.   

Mna would die once just like your bible states that 'it is appointed unto man to die once but after this, the judgement'. Some Christian sects like the  Basilidans, Docetate and Marcionite do not believe that Jesus was put on the cross.

[b]Similar verse goes to John the Baptist too in :

Quran 19 v 15:  "So peace on him  the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life! 

There is no doubt that Mo borrowed from both Jewish and Christian myth (folklore stories), which makes any attempt to describe the Qur'an as inspired or received from heaven difficult to support.
When did he do that? Why are in they not in agreement with regards to sonship, trinity, Godship etc?

However, If you want to know the real story of the birth, life, miracles, death, burial, resurrection and His second coming your book got it right when it said that you should contact the people of the book.  So, you guys will have no excuse by saying "I did not know or I was not told" on that day.

Go siddon somwhere cheesy. You even count yourself as one of those mentioned therein. Go read about early christians and their believe and when you do that, let me know as we would know if christianity being practised today happened to be the same practised then. You would have even read about the Basilidans, Docetate, Marcionite etc, they dont believe in his being put on the cross!!!

@Olaadegbu, Davidylan, Noetic, No2atheism, Todak

One of you claimed that/ or asked me to furnish him with plagiarism from the bible in which I said I would get back. Well, here it is

2nd king 19 and Isaiah 37 recorded same stories in the mentioned chapters and that make me to wonder as to who wrote the book of Kings and that of Isaiah. Christians say Isaiah wrote the book of Isaiah and can we say he authored 1st and 2nd King as well?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by todak(m): 9:22pm On May 29, 2009
@Abuzola
That does not answer my question, show me in the quran or the bible where he fought jihad. goon

@All slaves

How did he die since he was not crucified?

And also one of you said, he is still alive, i'm glad to hear that, but this also proves the diety of Jesus, cos the quran says, he will be raised up to God, and if Jesus is alive and muhammad dead. Who is a better prophet? wink
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by olabowale(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2009
And Moses is dead. We know that he liberated and saved the lives of more Jews than Jesus did. Does it make Moses less of a prophet than Jesus because he died? What about how the Jews, the holders of the laws and salvation is through them, look at these two men, Jesus and Moses? Will the opinion of the Jews count? Am asking you, Todak.

Abraham is dead. He was the Friend of God. And every religion, Judaism, Christianity and Islam is always wanting to be affiliated with him. He is dead, I said, Todak. Why is Christianity wants to be known as one of the Abrahamic religions? Please tell me who is greater between Abraham and Jesus, even now that you say Christianity is Abrahamic religion?

Finally, John the son of Zachariah baptized Jesus. John was beheaded. Who is greater, the one who baptoized or the one who was baptized? I hope you have your thinking cap on. These questions will betray your ignorance. Rather your blind faith, without any logical explanation.

Who is stronger the person that a whole mob of people killed or the person who died on his death bed, at home among his family? This person was revered so much that when he was alive his enemies could not dare to kill him with all their weaponry. They resulted into using poison which he live with without immediate effect on him for many years, before he died. This same person, his close companion, Umar bin Khattab (ra) said that if he ever hear anyone says that he had died, he personally will behead him. He was only brought back to his senses by another companion, Abu Bakr (ra) reciting the verse predicting his death, from the Quran. Read Surah Al Imran.

I will not sppoon feed you my man. But when you spew lies, if I see it, and am not too busy, I will respond yo it. Tell me who is greater or who is less, if you are their Creator? Stop acting childish and intentionally lying about the truth. Unless you don't know. Then just say so and somebody will educate you, inshaAllah.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Frizy(m): 9:22pm On May 30, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

That Judgment day that you put in brackets is an addition which is not part of the verse.  It is your own interpretation that you want to use to deceive others.

If you have a copy of the Qur'an you can read such stories of the so called childhood miracles of Jesus that can seen in Surah 19:29-33 and 5:110 where you have baby Jesus talking. shocked  This legend or myth was first spread by the gnostics in the 2nd century A.D.  The occultic Egyptians had similar accounts.  These gnostics wrote apocryphal gospels to contradict the synoptic gospels but using false characters as the names of the disciples of Christ.  The Qur'anic fable above was copied from the apocryphal gospel of Thomas which was a myth or folklore tales, but see how they found there way into the Qur'an which has been claimed to be received from heaven. undecided  Such tales could have been borrowed from one of the "prophet's" wives who was said to be a "Christian".

If you noticed you will discover that they made the first blunder by claiming in 19:28 that Mary the mother of Jesus was the sister of Aaron. shocked  They went on to say that Jesus spoke as a child and spoke of when he was born, when he will die and when he will be resurrected.  All these they claimed, he said a baby.  I don't see where you get the idea that he was talking about Judgment day or are we just grabbing at straws?

Ever noticed why I stopped disputing with these folks on N/L?

1. There lots of issues I need to study and improve in my faith than waste my time with people that don't reckon

2. Because I try to study the Koran as much as I can, I observe Allah Saying repeatably that He does not guide wrong doers, and in their ears is a deafness. Why then should I bother to convince someone that is destined to remain lost.

3. I also notice that many Muslims including myself are terribly sleeping in faith, because it's productive to awaken ourselves, since we wont object and think on the consequences of what makes us lag behind, I have concluded that the best thing is to help Muslims that recognize Allah as their God to avoid hypocracy and foster our bond with Allah and ourselves than wasting time disputing with the Kafrs.

4. Another reason I stopped this davidlyan whoever dispute, is that Allah Himself does not like Muslims disputing (with evidence) with non-believers, since I registered on NL, I must say reading Kafric post about Allah and His Messenger, are blasphemes I never have thought in my life, and this disturbs me, I found out the only way to avoid evil is to keep away.

5. Lastly, I don't think it's Allah's intention to guide these people, just leave them alone their laugh would indeed stupefy them soon, no doubt. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Abuzola(m): 9:35pm On May 30, 2009
I hail u frizzy, by ALLAH this was wat i wanted to post before reading yours, i gbadun lagosboy attitude
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Frizy(m): 9:39pm On May 30, 2009
Abuzola:

I hail u frizzy, by ALLAH this was wat i wanted to post before reading yours, i gbadun lagosboy attitude

I hail you to my brother, Salam, that's the truth. If they were to change, we could have been seeing results, at least having some forms of agreement, but not so. Besides, faith in Allah is not that hard, if one is not wicked to his own soul.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Abuzola(m): 9:50pm On May 30, 2009
Babz and olabowale bravo u do well, kudos twale,
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Abuzola(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2009
After long debate with the hypocrites i observed their strong animosity for islam and no amount of proof will alter them
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Abuzola(m): 10:18pm On May 30, 2009
For me henceforth i will only respond to serious topic and to serious unbiased atheist and xtrian
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by todak(m): 1:08am On Jun 04, 2009
@Olabowale
And Moses is dead. We know that he liberated and saved the lives of more Jews than Jesus did. Does it make Moses less of a prophet than Jesus because he died? What about how the Jews, the holders of the laws and salvation is through them, look at these two men, Jesus and Moses? Will the opinion of the Jews count? Am asking you, Todak.

Which do you think is greater? and that is not the answer to my question, you are spoilt of that, using question to answer question via change of topic.

Abraham is dead. He was the Friend of God. And every religion, Judaism, Christianity and Islam is always wanting to be affiliated with him. He is dead, I said, Todak. Why is Christianity wants to be known as one of the Abrahamic religions? Please tell me who is greater between Abraham and Jesus, even now that you say Christianity is Abrahamic religion?

And if i tell you will your islamic brain fluid make you accept or see "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God", so tell me where is Abraham?

Finally, John the son of Zachariah baptized Jesus. John was beheaded. Who is greater, the one who baptoized or the one who was baptized? I hope you have your thinking cap on. These questions will betray your ignorance. Rather your blind faith, without any logical explanation.

hahahahahahah, John the baptist gave the answer him self "the one who come after me whose shoe i'm not worthy to unloose". Olodo, he has swallow all muhammad told him through the quran.

Who is stronger the person that a whole mob of people killed or the person who died on his death bed, at home among his family? This person was revered so much that when he was alive his enemies could not dare to kill him with all their weaponry. They resulted into using poison which he live with without immediate effect on him for many years, before he died. This same person, his close companion, Umar bin Khattab (ra) said that if he ever hear anyone says that he had died, he personally will behead him. He was only brought back to his senses by another companion, Abu Bakr (ra) reciting the verse predicting his death, from the Quran. Read Surah Al Imran.

well, you have taught me to answer questions with question, now tell me who is still alive and will still come back among both of them, tell me also which of them was his death predicted to be accurate, did the quran specifically say, muhammad will be killed by malaria or is it fever.?

I will not sppoon feed you my man. But when you spew lies, if I see it, and am not too busy, I will respond yo it. Tell me who is greater or who is less, if you are their Creator? Stop acting childish and intentionally lying about the truth. Unless you don't know. Then just say so and somebody will educate you, inshaAllah.

Well, you can declare a fatwa or spew your jagourns on what i am about to say, Jesus is greater, far greater that all you have mentioned. hit your head on the wall grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by babs787(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Todak

And if i tell you will your islamic brain fluid make you accept or see "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God", so tell me where is Abraham?

Are you aware of what you quoted above?This is the verse:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The above is in King James Version authorised in 1611 and formed the strongest evidence for the Doctrine of the Trinity. But now this part, 'the father, the word and the holy ghost; and these three are one' has been expunged in the Revised Standard Version of 1952 and 1971 and in many other bibles as it was a gloss that had encroached on the Greek test.

I john 5 v 7 and 8 in the New American Standard Bible read as follo[/b]ws; 'and it is the spirit who bears witness because the spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness, the spirit, and the water and the blood and the three are in agreement[b].

Also in the New World Translation of Holy Scriptures used by Jehovah Witness, you will find 'for there are three witness bearers, the spirit and the water and the blood and the three are in agreement'.

Trinity is not biblical, it is not even in the bible, not in bible dictionaries, Jesus never taught trinity nor mentioned same. There is no basis or proof in the bible for the acceptance of trinity.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Zauma(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2009
SHARIAH LAW ON ITS WAY TO AMERICA (WORLD'S GODDESS IS REPENTING)

On top of that, this Obama pick believes that "America's focus on the War on Terror [is] 'obsessive.'" And his list of countries that flagrantly disregard international law highlights North Korea, Iraq, and the U.S.A. -- which he collectively calls "the axis of disobedience."
"Obama's most perilous legal pick," by Meghan Clyne for the New York Post, March 30 (thanks to Doc Washburn):
JUDGES should interpret the Constitution according to other nations' legal "norms." Sharia law could apply to disputes in US courts. The United States constitutes an "axis of disobedience" along with North Korea and Saddam-era Iraq.
Those are the views of the man on track to become one of the US government's top lawyers: Harold Koh.
President Obama has nominated Koh -- until last week the dean of Yale Law School -- to be the State Department's legal adviser. In that job, Koh would forge a wide range of international agreements on issues from trade to arms control, and help represent our country in such places as the United Nations and the International Court of Justice.
It's a job where you want a strong defender of America's sovereignty. But that's not Koh. He's a fan of "transnational legal process," arguing that the distinctions between US and international law should vanish.
What would this look like in a practical sense? Well, California voters have overruled their courts, which had imposed same-sex marriage on the state. Koh would like to see such matters go up the chain through federal courts -- which, in turn, should look to the rest of the world. If Canada, the European Human Rights Commission and the United Nations all say gay marriage should be legal -- well, then, it should be legal in California too, regardless of what the state's voters and elected representatives might say.
He even believes judges should use this "logic" to strike down the death penalty, which is clearly permitted in the US Constitution.
The primacy of international legal "norms" applies even to treaties we reject. For example, Koh believes that the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child -- a problematic document that we haven't ratified -- should dictate the age at which individual US states can execute criminals. Got that? On issues ranging from affirmative action to the interrogation of terrorists, what the rest of the world says, goes.
Including, apparently, the world of radical imams. A New York lawyer, Steven Stein, says that, in addressing the Yale Club of Greenwich in 2007, Koh claimed that "in an appropriate case, he didn't see any reason why sharia law would not be applied to govern a case in the United States."
A spokeswoman for Koh said she couldn't confirm the incident, responding: "I had heard that some guy . . . had asked a question about sharia law, and that Dean Koh had said something about that while there are obvious differences among the many different legal systems, they also share some common legal concepts."
Score one for America's enemies and hostile international bureaucrats, zero for American democracy.
Koh has called America's focus on the War on Terror "obsessive." In 2004, he listed countries that flagrantly disregard international law -- "most prominently,North Korea, Iraq, and our own country, the United States of America," which he branded "the axis of disobedience.[, ]
Even though he's up for a State Department job, Koh is a key test case in the "judicial wars." If he makes it through (which he will if he gets even a single GOP vote) the message to the Obama team will be: You can pick 'em as radical as you like.
When the time comes let the adverseries of Shariah take their flight to Mars sad - IBRAHIM BELLO ZAUMA
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by igbalajobi: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2009
@Abuzola,
After long debate with the hypocrites i observed their strong animosity for islam and no amount of proof will alter them

spot on bros.

ALLAH has blocked their eyes to see the truth and their ears to hear the truth. Remember that Church is the fastest way of making money in Nigeria today and these infidels will do anything to protect their best source of financial prosperity
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2009
did mohammed die of eating a poisoned esiewu?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by olabowale(m): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2009
you wont understand that the poison cant be only thing that accounted for his (as) death or can it, after surviving it for many years? i think you forgot that he died at 63, much older than jesus, according to your bible. much older than john, too. no? shall we then diminish the position of a person by they wy he dies? Jesus by hanging, John by beheading and Muhammad surviving poison for many years before dying? you are out of your league in this matter and many others, man!
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Abuzola(m): 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
Nice input
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2009
The esienwu was poisoned and mohammed didnt know it was poisoined. Jesus predicted his death.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by olabowale(m): 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
Did jesus predict that he will be beaten up, strung up too? If he liked it as if prepared for it, why prayed against it so much he wept, cried, begged so many time, every which way from evening to morning time? And lamented about why he was forsaken by another God, if jesus was the little God like the onishongos, etc? And finally he asked for his followers to sell their few clothes to almost become naked so that they can buy Swords, which they did, anyhow, proofs that he really predicted and prepared for the death?

Let me ask you; what shall we be expecting in the Darby Bible to be published? We are happy that Muhammad (AS) died of combination of old age, poison, etc. Muhammad said he was a human being and human beings are expected to die. Finally a non human, a God dying? Why take the nature/quality of man? Or he is half man had other as if some mythical being? Never become a whole of either, no wonder the evolutionists are making their case so unrelenting!
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2009
Did jesus predict that he will be beaten up, strung up too? If he liked it as if prepared for it, why prayed against it so much he wept, cried, begged so many time, every which way from evening to morning time?
See how you have struck yourself? you ask if Jesus predicted His sufferings, which of course He did, and you went on to refer to His prayers not to suffer them. If He was not aware of His suffering, then how come He was praying against it?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2009
And lamented about why he was forsaken by another God
God forsaked Him at that point He carried the sins of the whole world on the cross, because He can not behold iniquity. Upon His descent into hades, He rose again to regain His seat at YHWH's right hand.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2009
if jesus was the little God like the onishongos, etc?
Jesus is not the little god. He is God the son, sharing the throne with His Father, YHWH, from whence He will come to judge the living and the dead, BTW, why are you so jealous over Jesus's Deity as God's son? mohammed could not claim to be a deity because he was just a mortal man.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2009
And finally he asked for his followers to sell their few clothes to almost become naked so that they can buy Swords, which they did, anyhow, proofs that he really predicted and prepared for the death?
He was speaking with his disciples who were twelve by then. Though you quoted out of context, what do you think an untrained army of twelve will do to the then highly sophisticated roman soldiers?, BTW, you forgot to quote where He told Peter to shield his sword and healed the son of one of the soldiers who came to arrest him.
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2009
Let me ask you; what shall we be expecting in the Darby Bible to be published?
And which other koranic verses are we expecting to be abrogated after the satanic verses saga?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2009
We are happy that Muhammad (AS) died of combination of old age, poison, etc. Muhammad said he was a human being and human beings are expected to die.
he died of a poisoned esiewu, full-stop. You expext me to believe that once you are poisoned, you die immediately? rubbish!
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2009
Finally a non human, a God dying? Why take the nature/quality of man? Or he is half man had other as if some mythical being? Never become a whole of either, no wonder the evolutionists are making their case so unrelenting!
When Jesus came on earth, He took up the form of a man, that was why He was conceived and born of a woman. He died as a ransom for our sins. His death on the cross was for our good, He bought us with His blood which He offered for our sins. He came to feel our pains and failings as mortal beigns, that is why He is constantly interceeding on our behalf. When God was to appear to Moses, He became afraid, dont you feel people would have ran away had Jesus come in His Godly form on earth?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by muhsin(m): 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2009
Nezan:

Jesus is not the little god. He is God the son, sharing the throne with His Father, YHWH, from whence He will come to judge the living and the dead, BTW, why are you so jealous over Jesus's Deity as God's son? mohammed could not claim to be a deity because he was just a mortal man.

This alone captures my eyes:

If Jesus, on whom be peace, is not mortal tell me who was crucified on the Cross, according to your belief?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by Nezan(m): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
If Jesus, on whom be peace, is not mortal tell me who was crucified on the Cross, according to your belief?
dunce, you expect me to say it was mohammed or judas?
Re: The Bible Says This, The Qur'an Says That by muhsin(m): 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2009
Nezan:

dunce, you expect me to say it was mohammed or judas?

Cut calling names off, Nezan. And behave yourself!

Answer the question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ask Yourself: What Will Mohammed Do? / Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge / The Merits Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.