Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:07 PM

Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) (16936 Views)

Protesters Block INEC Office In Akure Over Removal Of Eyitayo's Name (Photos) / Protesters Block EFCC Office, Want Lamorde Sacked / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by otr1(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2015
The government needs to look into the agreement with these DisCo.
We can not continue with PDP arrangement, as it's bound to be fraudulent.
As a starter, the FG should revoke the licence of IBEDC and AEDC with immediate effect.
The unwarranted hiking of tariff should be curbed and fixed charge stopped at once.
Make the provision of prepaid meter mandatory. Otherwise, no one should pay beyond N750 on direct connection.
The number of houses on each Transformer should not exceed the maximum of 150.
Any neighborhood that purchase their own Transformers should be refunded within a month or no payment for 6 months.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ceejay80s(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Privatisation......brought to you by PDP. smiley

Seriously.....it was for the better. Govt could no longer look after Please Hold Candle Near well enough.

IMO.....the elephant in the room is the lack of Pre-Paid meters. We need more of them.
And also to remove that monthly 750naira thing they call monthly fix charge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by deramarks(f): 8:40am On Nov 17, 2015
I do not know y am guard
Of such country of
Sluggars
Ur complains make me sick
U wear ur self it makes u
Weak
U re like an unchastised child
Dat weeps @ nyt
U re neva mild
NIGERIA I filled u wit
Malaria...
To kip u calm whn ur
Wild
Uv neva listened to me
U neva saw me from above
Uv neva ackowledged me
As d one put incharge
I shall rise
And leave u
I shall pay the price in
Where I'll live.

_______the forsaken guardian angel(written by deramarks for her country)
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting... cheesy

[size=14pt]
The suffering is REAL!
[/size]

Yes o!!! Thank God we voted out Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by jerryjere(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2015
For my area is the same. pls papa bubu save us from darkness.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Louislewis: 8:41am On Nov 17, 2015
[size=16pt]Prepaid meter should have been the best to regulate power supply. For the organization lack of trust and confident in regular supply being visible so soon, the organization is doing everything humanly possible to deny the public access to prepaid meters. They are doing everything to frustrate the idea of prepaid meter because regular supply of electricity is not visible. For no hope of regular supply, they have imposed fix charges for those that have prepaid meter, such that, with or without light, they are still making money (750 naira) at the end of every month from each prepaid meter consumers. Whether you use your charged meter or not, they are still making money. This is a sign that, electricity supply can never be stable in this country. What a useless organization and useless country governed by useless policy makers![/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by skotch(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2015
Ndo nu
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ceejay80s(m): 8:42am On Nov 17, 2015
Monthly fix charge on prepaid must be removed , make I see how dem wan get money if dem no give us light, 750naira multiply by 80million nigerians every month weda u get light or not .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by lawrenceunaa: 8:42am On Nov 17, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Biafra would blame this on the ZOO...forgetting there is no zoo without animals and baba is making sure the animals remain in their cage
ur Yoruba sisters are entrepreneurs but unfortunately they deal in dogoyaro and other concoctions. Those ugly ladies with lamps on there head are proves.
cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Drikojigzy(m): 8:44am On Nov 17, 2015
end time I near
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 17, 2015
these people would not still stop with the crazy bills.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Aminat508(f): 8:46am On Nov 17, 2015
figo05:

Choi... Aminaaaaa. wink
thanks for quoting me to modify. Don't knw the thread is on FP
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Toks2008(m): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting... cheesy

[size=14pt]
The suffering is REAL!
[/size]

A gotv staff called me and asked why i have not subscribed for months...i simply told him that until they introduce pay per view,it will be a double waste for me to subscribe and also buy fuel to power my gen cos i wan watch cable channel. I would rather relax and read rather than burn fuel to watch a paid tv when tvc and ontv dey there to watch freely.

This country is in a mess and fashola needs to put on his thinking cap...trust me,if we can have steady supply,unemployment will reduce drastically as corporate entities will save more money to pay more staff,enterprenures will save more money and low scale industries will thrive well..

Even gangsterism will reduce cos wen i was young,once there is light,we all sit at home watching movies and lovely tv programs but once Nepa takes light,we will all come out and start strolling around in groups and constituting nuisiance to girls and the neighborhood.

Too many merits are attached to regular supply.

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by PLANETMARS(m): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
ur Yoruba sisters are entrepreneurs but unfortunately they deal in dogoyaro and other concoctions. Those ugly ladies with lamps on there head are proves and my igbo brodas are busy bringing shame to my beloved country nigeria.
cheesy cheesy grin grin
so u like 9ja and u dey insult yoruba and igbo #epic
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ikombe: 8:52am On Nov 17, 2015
kennygee:
We are also suffering it o.

Let AEDC give us pre paid meters, they refused.

Now we are connected to the pole and they are charging us up to 7k per month.

Upon the 7k, our transformer is bad so we ration our light, one day on, one day off.

The days your area should be on, light fit no dey thru out till the next two days.

Then a week to when they are due to to disconnect, they will give us light constantly and then disconnect the wires of those who didn't pay.

Which way Nigeria?
my side na 12K undecided
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by damiloladuke: 8:52am On Nov 17, 2015
too bad

DO YOU NEED LAPTOP LIGHTS? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ceejay80s(m): 8:54am On Nov 17, 2015
Louislewis:
Prepaid meter should have been the best to regulate power supply. But for the
They still rip us dry from prepaid ,imagine paying 750naira for free to nepa every month as fixed charge weda u have light or not, a man paid 12k credit on nepa which should last him 10-12month, after 12months his nepa credit finish ,I dey queue for nepa dat day to buy my own prepaid credit, they told him that he was owing 750naira fixed charge multiply by 11 months and that he can recharge his card until he pays that money finish
Haba
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by menix(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2015
I think say nah only me dey suffer from PHCN..

Just thank God for the inverter I use else no how I wan take sleep..
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by tgmservice: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2015
This is good development PHCN is a fraud
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by lakeside30: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2015
neweraomo:
end time tinz

Bros how market na,help me greet ur senior brother lasisi69 o

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Kk4(m): 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
otr1:
The government needs to look into the agreement with these DisCo.
We can not continue with PDP arrangement, as it's bound to be fraudulent.
As a starter, the FG should revoke the licence of IBEDC and AEDC with immediate effect.
The unwarranted hiking of tariff should be curbed and fixed charge stopped at once.
Make the provision of prepaid meter mandatory. Otherwise, no one should pay beyond N750 on direct connection.
The number of houses on each Transformer should not exceed the maximum of 150.
Any neighborhood that purchase their own Transformers should be refunded within a month or no payment for 6 months.
grin grin grin
My thoughts exactly
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Shoot the protesters. Just like Yoruba's want to happen to Biafrans
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Toks2008(m): 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
ikombe:
my side na 12K undecided

lol

I laugh in igala language wen some people say they pay 3k or more a month for phcn....

well i dont know the light situation in your area but except i see at least 10hr supply daily for 1mnth i will nver pay above 2k even if they bring 50k mnthly bill.....stupid people

It is only in Nigeria that a service provider will increase subscription in anticipation of a better service but in the real sensible world...they do pay as you use so that you dont have issues and they would rather invest to give a better service before increasing subscription.

We are living in bondage in this country and even the rich are living in more bondage because they spend so much for what they should have easy access to.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 17, 2015
This buhari's government will bring the much awaited revolution in Nigeria. since he amounted power, protest everywhere. aii dullard ka shi ga uku. ba ka na zun ka zaman fresident ba?
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Chookym(m): 9:18am On Nov 17, 2015
Disneylady:
It's really abnormal! There is no power supply and they charging us....diaris God oooo

Prepaid meter is the solution
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by obicmag(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2015
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company is a gang of robbers who have decided to rob innocent and helpless consumers.in Bucknor Estate where I reside you hardly see light. Yesterday their shameless staff brought a bill of 6,500 for the month of October. I was forced to call their customer care and she was bold enough to tell me that it was an estimated bill. Must we pay for the light we did not consume? I asked her about the prepaid metre. She said they are sharing it in phase. This was the same answer I got 3 months ago. My question is must they exploit us to zero point before the installation of prepaid metre? NERC should save us from the hands of Economic Terrorist(IkEDC).

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Gboliwe: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2015
Funny Nigerians. Online they claim 36hrs of uninterrupted power supply daily in their homes, offline they carry lamps blocking entrances. #Change
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by tonquendo4u(m): 9:29am On Nov 17, 2015
Our5k:
The amount of bill they give us nowadays is outrageous. We were paying between 6 - 8k per metre in my compound before but now it's 14 - 18!! We complained last month but the only reply we got was they would be giving out prepaid metres soon free of charge and there won't be any additional bill.

Imagine me paying up this amount every month and my 5k jobless graduate allowance has not been granted. Buhari, where's my 5K?!!!!!

Lwkm
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by alaskido(m): 9:37am On Nov 17, 2015
I know they will be blaming Goodluck Jonathan for this one now. Useless people.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by BrBakreez(m): 9:40am On Nov 17, 2015
I participated in the struggle and I heard this song recorded and played as the theme song by the organisers. I will encourage all Nigerians to download, share and start playing on the street clubs, hotels and every public places until the voice is heard at the corridors of power.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ambient: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2015
they gave me 10000 naira as my bill for this month for a 3 bedroom flat,na dem go tire.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by BrBakreez(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2015
obicmag:
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company is a gang of robbers who have decided to rob innocent and helpless consumers.in Bucknor Estate where I reside you hardly see light. Yesterday their shameless staff brought a bill of 6,500 for the month of October. I was forced to call their customer care and she was bold enough to tell me that it was an estimated bill. Must we pay for the light we did not consume? I asked her about the prepaid metre. She said they are sharing it in phase. This was the same answer I got 3 months ago. My question is must they exploit us to zero point before the installation of prepaid metre? NERC should save us from the hands of Economic Terrorist(IkEDC).
I am part of this struggle known as Youth Alliance for Better Nigeria and one of the major organisers, can you allow us come down to your community so that you can join this struggle. My whatsapp number is 08074340361. Regards

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno APC Governorship Aspirants Spent Total Of N425 Million On Forms (photo) / Lagos Primaries: APC Members With Slips, Party Cards Can Vote In Lagos – Panel / Aisha Buhari At NDE Empowerment Of 11,600 Women And Youths In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.