Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,740 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) (16845 Views)

Protesters Block INEC Office In Akure Over Removal Of Eyitayo's Name (Photos) / Protesters Block EFCC Office, Want Lamorde Sacked / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Help4rmme2u(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Residents of Lagos State, western Nigeria on Monday blocked the two entrances to the State House of Assembly for hours refusing to leave until their grievances were addressed.

Armed with lanterns and placards against the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company, the protesters, under the auspices of Youth Alliance for better Nigeria, lamented that every month, they are made to pay huge sums of money as electricity bills when they hardly even get power supply.

Some of the placards read: “Outrageous bill, oppressive conduct of staff,” “Fashola save Nigerians from darkness,” “Enough exploutation of ten streets on a transformer,” “We need prepaid metres,” “Frustration of government effort to provide employment by not improving the epileptic power supply,” “Ikeja electricity should stop substandard prepaid metres and bult metres,” “If you cannot serve us, you should not exploit us,” “Dissolve NERC, withrraw ikeja electricity license and boost your party popularity,” “Buhari must dissolve Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission. Please do this for us,” and “When learning stops, liberation stops. We cannot read at night. Don’t kill the youths.”

The protesters got angry when hours after standing opposite the House, no lawmaker came out to address them.

They then decided to block the road which also leads to the Governor’s office sitting on the road to disallow vehicles from plying it.

The protesters lamented that some areas in the Alimosho area of Lagos have not had power supply for months even though they pay bills monthly.
Leader of the group, Moruf Adegoke Niniola, said this was not the first time of storming the House of Assembly to protest against the high-handedness of the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company.

Source: http://ngreports.com/protesters-block-lagos-assembly-over-abnormal-electricity-tariff/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Aminat508(f): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Please check this link, Light need your help cry

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighter/49
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Firefire(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2015
Interesting... cheesy

[size=14pt]
The suffering is REAL!
[/size]

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Disneylady(f): 8:18am On Nov 17, 2015
It's really abnormal! There is no power supply and they charging us....diaris God oooo

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Princecalm(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2015
it's not easy at all, I can see the frustration on their faces.

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ORACLE1975(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2015
I lough in geek
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2015
We are also suffering it o.

Let AEDC give us pre paid meters, they refused.

Now we are connected to the pole and they are charging us up to 7k per month.

Upon the 7k, our transformer is bad so we ration our light, one day on, one day off.

The days your area should be on, light fit no dey thru out till the next two days.

Then a week to when they are due to to disconnect, they will give us light constantly and then disconnect the wires of those who didn't pay.

Which way Nigeria?

29 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2015
Privatisation......brought to you by PDP. smiley

Seriously.....it was for the better. Govt could no longer look after Please Hold Candle Near well enough.

IMO.....the elephant in the room is the lack of Pre-Paid meters. We need more of them.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Firefire(m): 8:32am On Nov 17, 2015
Things fall apart... angry

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by PLANETMARS(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2015
Biafra would blame this on the ZOO...forgetting there is no zoo without animals and baba is making sure the animals remain in their cage

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Tuljaking(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2015
nice movement
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by DahtzFestjayz: 8:33am On Nov 17, 2015
Power Holding

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by penta(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2015
Na wa o for IKEDC, dem wan turn lagosians to ATM.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by jejemanito: 8:34am On Nov 17, 2015
sad
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by 201320142015ob(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2015
Boooohari,
Enjoy the change

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by oyetunder(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2015
By rivers of power discos...we sat down, and we always wail whenever we receive our montly bills.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Our5k(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2015
The amount of bill they give us nowadays is outrageous. We were paying between 6 - 8k per metre in my compound before but now it's 14 - 18!! We complained last month but the only reply we got was they would be giving out prepaid metres soon free of charge and there won't be any additional bill.

Imagine me paying up this amount every month and my 5k jobless graduate allowance has not been granted. Buhari, where's my 5K?!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2015
I believe one day things will be better. Fuel and electricity will be a story we will tell the next Generation

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Lordfranklin(m): 8:35am On Nov 17, 2015
This is something that needs urgent attention.
I can feel their pain.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Semilogou: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2015
I love this............
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by sexaddict08(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2015
no peace in the world truly
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2015
Aminat508:

Choi... Aminaaaaa. wink
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by free2ryhme: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2015
undecided
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by moneybag100: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2015
Buhari dey fall my hand big time.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by yemmynoni: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2015
This is what the Biafrans should be doing, occupy the state ause
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by godoluwa(m): 8:37am On Nov 17, 2015
am loving d drama, btw THUNDER FIRE IBEDC
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2015
About time we start protesting, these Discos have been ripping us off.

In my area, because of the small transformer serving the whole neighborhood, they she'd the load. One day off and one day on. Still the bills kept increasing monthly.

Just last month my bill was 7600 from 2300 for the previous month.

And they refuse to give out prepaid meters because they benefit more from estimated bills. Bunch of crooks

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by MEILYN(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
I don't know what Is happening. No light, No fuel but we pay huge PHCN bills. We youths have to start protesting for our country to be better.

Anyway, see the Top 10 most Educated Presidents In The World. See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>www.intensetalk.com

1 Like

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Moblord(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Brb
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by neweraomo: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
end time tinz
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by ultrazone(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Northern Governors, Others Plotting For Buhari's Seat / Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. / Sokoto Lawmaker Dumps APC After Losing Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.