Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) (16935 Views)

Protesters Block INEC Office In Akure Over Removal Of Eyitayo's Name (Photos) / Protesters Block EFCC Office, Want Lamorde Sacked / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by chukjojo(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2015
Ugosonic:
I believe one day things will be better. Fuel and electricity will be a story we will tell the next Generation
how old are u? Has anything better since you were borne? Stop deciving yourself, thins will never be better in this one Nigeria until the fraud on which this con3 was built is dissolved.

Our collonial (Slave masters) are benefiting and enjoying from our suffering. And pls, don't quote me before thunder fire ur head.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by temisafety: 10:10am On Nov 17, 2015
Those electricity operators are notorious almost everywhere. It’s becoming more frequent now to hear about organised protests like this one despite the fact that Nigerians don’t usually like to do such when they can just pay for the thing in question and move on. Fela called it the suffering and smiling attitude. What Nigerians can do to quickly stop the discos in their reckless billings is to come together and sue them to court through class actions, in addition to protesting to the Houses of Assembly. Organise city wide groups of people that are affected and sue each one of the discos that are known to be over-billing. It can be done per state or per operator. All these protests alone seem to never have any effect on them and they are just going to continue with their way. Lawyers in the house can advise better ‘cos I’m not one.

Government has not allowed them to increase tariffs and things are like this, so what will happen when they’re allowed to increase the tariffs?

Like this post if you agree that mass legal action in addition to protesting to the Houses will make them bill properly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by wiseoneking: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Biafra would blame this on the ZOO...forgetting there is no zoo without animals and baba is making sure the animals remain in their cage
Nawaooh, you guys have join the biafrans to call Nigeria the great zoo. You even refer to your self as animals been fed by buhari. Una don dey enjoy change. Change for six months and Wailing is increasing. SCAM! Lol
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by BABANGBALI: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2015
is that not msglobalwonder i am seeing among those people?haahaaahaahahaaaa he don happen,omo see gobe
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by bomasek(m): 10:25am On Nov 17, 2015
It's truly a sad situation cause I'm faced with a peculiar issue. I have a flat in lagos but work in PH(was posted some months back) and still maintain my flat in lagos. Before travelling down to pH,I put off the switch that connects light to the house yet IKEDC bills to an empty apartment hovers between 6 and 7k. Mind you,I have the keys to my apartment and no one has access to the flat. Question is,how did IKEDC arrive at the bills they keep churning out monthly even when I spend only 2 weeks @most when I'm in town? I feel the motive behind such discrepancy is profiteering and it's obviously done in bad faith. I see no reason why I should pay for what I barely consume.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2015
Aminat508:
thanks for quoting me to modify. Don't knw the thread is on FP

I didn't quote u to modify but to tell u that my eyes are on u
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by PLANETMARS(m): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2015
wiseoneking:
Nawaooh, you guys have join the biafrans to call Nigeria the great zoo. You even refer to your self as animals been fed by buhari. Una don dey enjoy change. Change for six months and Wailing is increasing. SCAM! Lol
summary of wetin u write #senseless
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Aminat508(f): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2015
figo05:

I didn't quote u to modify but to tell u that my eyes are on u
I hope I did not offended u
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by dewstar: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2015
Infact, Alimosho LGA is one of the worst hit (if not the worst) area as it concerns this lack of power issue. Especially in places like Ikotun/Ijegun axis. Ile-iwe that is just a minute drive from Ikotun has almost constant light every single day, while Ikotun is in dark all the time. The same amount is being billed in this two places. This is crazy and unacceptable.

Fashola totally neglected Ikotun/Ijegun area during his time as governor.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by swindo1(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Oya civil defence, narvy,air force, police, immigration, army shoot on sight
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by amazingspiderma: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
This issue of over estimated bills is peculiar to Lagos.Every revenue generation agency is given a target including the power company.The power company workers wear clean cloths and speak English.That is the only difference between them and the touts at the bustops.In the end they are only after collecting money getting their comission and remitting agreed percentages to thier ultimate their god fathers.
People are taking advantage of the population to enrich themselves.

Please and please don't qoute me if you have never paid Lagos electricity bill in your life.
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Iamfrank(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
Aminat508
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by gungab(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
seriously, we need prepaid meter in abundance even if na chinco
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Aminat508(f): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Iamfrank:
Aminat508
angry
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
Aminat508:
I hope I did not offended u

Not really, jst wanna knw where exactly do u stay in centre of unity
Re: Protesters Block Lagos Assembly Over Abnormal Electricity Tariff (photo) by Ukemeh247: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
WORDS OF PROPHECY.
By #UkemeHenryProphetic

In the Vision of the night in the 1st Week of September 2015, the LORD opened my eyes, #UkemeHenry, into the #FUTURE_OF_NIGERIA.

I saw massive wonderful and blosomy structural developments ever experienced in Nigeria Under the Administration of President Muhammad Buhari but the cost of Living was so high and unbearable for the people of Nigeria.

Again I saw President Muhammad Buhari along with Our V.P Pastor Yemi Osinbajo both walking into their Offices very strong and healthy but after a while the President became very sick and had to be supported to even walk into the Office.

Prophetic Prayer Points:
Let's pray to God to intervene into the welfare of the people of Nigeria regarding future High Cost of Living.

Let's pray for Supernatural strength, good health and divine enablement for Our President Muhammad Buhari. That he shall complete his tenure in wisdom and divine health.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless You.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari In Closed-Door Meeting With Governors Over Minimum Wage / Early Morning Fire At Federal Ministry Of Finance, Abuja / Uzodimma Appoints Self Commissioner For Lands In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.