Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help (2147 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by sirdouglas(m): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2015
I had a business idea that i want to go into but had no money to finance it, I met my brother and told him about it. He has the money and i have the idea. We agreed that we will do the business together but after we passed the first phase, people start commending my brother on such great idea. he came back one day and told me that he wants to me to wok for him and not to be part of the business. I am currently staying in his house, even though a lot of technical know how is involved and i am the one who knew how to go about it. It is bringing a lot of problems cos I refused. Please what do you suggest??
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Hawx(m): 8:55am On Nov 17, 2015
Apply wisdom bro!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by pussygotlips: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2015
I dey cum embarassed
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by bronzegoddess(f): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2015
Family meeting naa...if u are igbo, summon ur umunna/kinsmen. Let him explain to everybody why he has decided to be wicked. But be ready to pack out o.

Money changes people, why

8 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Young03(m): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2015
Poison him

GOD WILL UNDERSTAND

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Setaje(f): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2015
If this is true, a brother that is capable of doing this can as well kill you. Na wah o. Who person fit trust now!!!!!!!!

At the same time, maybe u should work for him for a while. If u can come up wiv such a great idea now, then I am sure u can come up wiv something greater later. By that time, maybe u would have saved enough and then stand on your own. Living your brother now na suffer head u go face o. Especially if u have nothing. But u must also be very careful never to tell him or friends and any other family member about your next plan.

11 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by medoyin(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2015
sirdouglas:
I had a business idea that i want to go into but had no money to finance it, I met my brother and told him about it. He has the money and i have the idea. We agreed that we will do the business together but after we passed the first phase, people start commending my brother on such great idea. he came back one day and told me that he wants to me to wok for him and not to be part of the business. I am currently staying in his house, even though a lot of technical know how is involved and i am the one who knew how to go about it. It is bringing a lot of problems cos I refused. Please what do you suggest??

You think he has betrayed you, right ? No, he hasn't. Just play along and learn how to shut up your mouth bro..

In a very shortwhile, he we will hook to a very tight angle where you alone can provide the way out. It will surprise you that by then, you would have saved enough to start your own biz and ask him to work for you..

That's life bro..! #lifegoeson

12 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 17, 2015
Be patient and work for him for some time, during that period try and save some money to start up yours..

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Tallesty1(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2015
Never share your idea to someone you don't trust fully.

I did same thing with an Igala man sometime ago.

I have the idea, he has the money.

We got into the business and everything was as I planned them.

He was glad and I was happy too but things changed when his son finished school.

He wanted to replace me with him but I refused.

Then there was a robbery attack and he capitalized on that to achieve his plan but it failed but I am paying the prize.

I was locked up.

Forced to sign some documents

and I am still paying till today.

If you don't have money to fund you business idea, take loan or beg people to help but don't agree to any partnership if you don't trust them and don't reveal the business otherwise they will front you.

Or better still, get a lawyer.

That's was my mistake.

As for you and your bro, call a family meeting.

Say NO and mean it.

Goodluck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by sirdouglas(m): 9:38am On Nov 17, 2015
lol that got me laughing.....poison my only brother?? u must be joking
Young03:
Poison him

GOD WILL UNDERSTAND

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by funlord(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2015
grin
Try hala "efcc", cause this is a "brotherly scam!"
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by sirdouglas(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2015
I really concur with your suggestion.Thank you so much. I was planning to park out of his house by tomorrow, I guess I have to postpone that
medoyin:

You think he has betrayed you, right ? No, he hasn't. Just play along and learn how to shut up your mouth bro..

In a very shortwhile, he we will hook to a very tight angle where you alone can provide the way out. It will surprise you that by then, you would have saved enough to start your own biz and ask him to work for you..

That's life bro..! #lifegoeson
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by sirdouglas(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2015
Because I want to apply wisdom, that is why i need your help? what do you think I should do? I really felt angry and I'm planning to live his house
Hawx:
Apply wisdom bro!
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by sirdouglas(m): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2015
Thanks a lot dear< u r in the spirit
Setaje:
If this is true, a brother that is capable of doing this can as well kill you. Na wah o. Who person fit trust now!!!!!!!!

At the same time, maybe u should work for him for a while. If u can come up wiv such a great idea now, then I am sure u can come up wiv something greater later. By that time, maybe u would have saved enough and then stand on your own. Living your brother now na suffer head u go face o. Especially if u have nothing. But u must also be very careful never to tell him or friends and any other family member about your next plan.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by shobam1410(m): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2015
sirdouglas:

Pray and apply wisdom.
Make money with little or no stress all you need to do is join and invite friends to join the money chain, and one click below, you are good to go. This is for real!
http://Done4Job.com/index.php?ref=20432
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by JonTal: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2015
I quite agree with those who say the op should be patient and work for his brother while saving up money, as that is the only way to ensure that the relationship between him and his brother remains cordial. However, I would like to ask. How does op cope with the mental torture that will come with having to work for his brother in the waiting period?
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by sweetMichael(m): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2015
human beings, put Go90 otapiapia in his drink before he first finish you, no brother in the jungle
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Eketem: 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
Next time don't be doing " my brother " sign an agreement before you start a joint business and clearly state each persons role in the business. Sadly he has the power and will use it now to force you to do his biddings. You have no evidence that you shared your idea with him. You have no money and no house. It doesn't look good for you bros. You were naive take it as life lessons and use it for the future. Now there isn't much you can do

1 Like

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
Greed, covetousness, love of money, Deadly sins of the catholic church..
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by crystalzt: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
don't work with him because a time will come when you will need to have your own and it will be difficult for you instead just give him advice if he needs any........don't allow anything to spoil you people's future relationship.........
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by mekzyjoe(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Buy me Beer first bfo i advice u yung blood
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Pidggin(f): 1:56am On Nov 18, 2015
It depends on his age. If he is a lot older than you, try and be humble, work under him for a while but do not keep giving him more ideas. Save the money you make and start your own biz. If he is only a few years older, report him to your parents/relatives.
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Ewuro4: 6:44am On Nov 18, 2015
Money Money what money will cause eh?

OP follow @medoyin 's advice. Patience is a rare virtue. Don't move out yet. You are in dare need of his capital, use him to achieve your goal(s).

Good luck
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2015
@Op, blood they say is thicker than water, he is your brother and will always remain your brother so don't allow money come inbetween you guys. But of a truth, that decision he took was wicked of him because I can feel your pain of working for someone instead of being your own boss as planned. However, my advice to you is to play along, work for sometime, save your money and establish yours, afterall the idea is your own so you should have all the tech-know-how about the biz. On final note, this should serve as a lesson to you, me and others reading your story that it is never adviceable to leak all your business secrets to somebody, (not even your blood, because nobody can be trusted) all in a bid to secure a loan to finance your business. Also make sure whatever business you are doing with a friend or even with your blood brother, let there be a written agreement because that is the only legal backup you will have in times of misunderstanding. MONEY CAN CHANGE PEOPLE, BEWARE!!!
Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2015
OP, agree to work under him, but at a very reasonable salary, not peanuts.
If you take peanuts, you will never be able to save up to stand on your own.
Also, make him sign that no matter the circumstances, he must always pay you first before anything. Because if you give him this inch of taking over, he will want to take a mile by reminding you that you stay with him. He's family, but have everything ironed out already and not live in his own shadow forever.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
OP you believe its a great idea and he has the money..
Why not look at it this way..
Since he wants you to work for him, he will be the financial risk taker..
Use his funds to know the pitfalls of your 'great idea' then save and plan towards your own...
You might be surprised that the idea/business might not be what you envisaged

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Betrayed Me Please Help by shizzy7(f): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
Young03:
Poison him
GOD WILL UNDERSTAND
Ah Ah God will not understand such....

(1) (Reply)

GOLDRUSH: $3,000 Will Make You A Mixed Race Baby In Ghana / Etiquette for A Perfect Relationship / 10 Fears You’ll Inevitably Have To Face (and Some You Likely Already Have)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.