Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? (1315 Views)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Tee1branson: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2015
If you earn about 300k a month with a lot of responsibilities attached to you, what is the ideal amount u should spend.

I just dey reason am. Because madam don ask me for about 150k so. Na wa
Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by babythug(f): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2015
How many people are coming to visit? And what exactly does she need all that cash for?

Is it just to feed them or it includes gifts?

I'd say its best to cut your coat according to your size and indeed your fabric/material wink

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by thorpido(m): 10:30am On Nov 17, 2015
Ask her what exactly is all that N150k for?You don't have to blow so much money just because it's the holiday season.There's money to be spent in January.
Just give something reasonable to them.
Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Tee1branson: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2015
.t
Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2015
Tee1branson:
If you earn about 300k a month with a lot of responsibilities attached to you, what is the ideal amount u should spend.

I just dey reason am. Because madam don ask me for about 150k so. Na wa
hmmm abeg give her to avoid stories that touch. "A MAN MUST BE A MAN.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Eketem: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2015
First of all, does your wife not work?

Is she aware of what you earn?

Why should any sane woman ask for half of your salary for her people just for the holiday?

What happens in January for school fees and house rent?

What about your own people?

Anyway I don't totally blame her, una go dey marry and will not be doing financial planning and family budget. Husband will be doing super man and hiding his income. Wife will be doing " smartness " looking for opportunity to chop money.

It is insane for anyone to spend half his or her income just for their inlaws for Christmas.

I will advice that oga head of home you sit your wife down and do better family financial management. Sort out your income and budget sane expenditure for BOTH YOUR FAMILIES what you can both realistically afford as gifts, if she is not working she has no business doing father Christmas to her people abeg.

Women I am a woman and I say a husband is not a job or a source of income, if you are not working you have no business being family mother Christmas. If a husband decided to be magnanimous and give her something to give her parents let her collect with thanks and be greatful.

Oga plan ya family

9 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by veave(f): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
Good for you. it's obvious your wife doesn't know how much you earn. Some guys be hiding their income like it's the tomb of Queen of sheba. How will somebody even ask for half of her husbands salary to give her parents for Christmas sef. Maybe they have a family project. Anyway even if you don't give her all, give her more than half. And let peace reign.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
There is no ideal amount. You should spend while remembering that there is tomorrow.
E be like your wife na vintage woman o.
Do people still burn cash all in the name of Christmas? After christmas, you guys would return to status quo?
Kiddies school fees nko?
By then those people you spent 150k on won't be there to help out
Does she work? 'tell her you guys should contribute (ratio 1:4... 1 being you kiss).

Please, buy one bag of rice, a carton of tin tomato/malt , a gallon of groundnut oil, big onion bulbs and provisions. If they don't like it, they should donate it to the less privileged in their church.

Afterall, it's Christ birthday not theirs. grin

150k? That money will buy plot of land somewhere inside Mbaise angry

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Pidggin(f): 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
Give her if it will make her happy
Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Eketem: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
Pidggin:
Give her if it will make her happy

Na wa oh, see how we subtly blackmail men. Is it everything that makes her happy thatis healthy for their marriage? I am sorry for quoting you but abeg that is not how marriage works in the 21st century oh. I am sure if he comes and says he wants her tp kneel down everyday and serve him food we will call him names we won't say ehnnnnnn fo it if it makes him happy
If we want modern husbands then we too should act like modern wives abeg. Why would she be " happy " with half their income doing mother Christmas with money she didn't end.

Marriage isn't about one person's happiness abeg

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by eyinjuege: 6:45am On Nov 18, 2015
OP, you shouldn't give her more than #30k to shop for her people. Don't you have parents?, siblings too?
You guys probably don't have children yet, but believe me you need to save your money. Remind your wife to also get a job!!
Your #300k isn't worth much by the time you start having your own family.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Ewuro4: 7:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Half of your salary for her parents gifts alone?

What about others , what about you? What about savings, life insurance, retirement plan, kids education , plot of land to develop into shops/flats to lease out for additional income or even your own home?

So , you blow all your monthly salary and open your mouth under a dripping tap till next month?

Na wa oh , where are your parents , I need to have a word with them.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by Kimoni: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2015
See queshion o undecided

It's obvious you guys don't have financial goals. Sit down with your wife NOW and draw a list of what you guys wanna achieve as a family in the short, medium and long term. This your question will be answered immediately.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ? by damiso(f): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Eketem:
First of all, does your wife not work?

Is she aware of what you earn?

Why should any sane woman ask for half of your salary for her people just for the holiday?

What happens in January for school fees and house rent?

What about your own people?

Anyway I don't totally blame her, una go dey marry and will not be doing financial planning and family budget. Husband will be doing super man and hiding his income. Wife will be doing " smartness " looking for opportunity to chop money.

It is insane for anyone to spend half his or her income just for their inlaws for Christmas.

I will advice that oga head of home you sit your wife down and do better family financial management. Sort out your income and budget sane expenditure for BOTH YOUR FAMILIES what you can both realistically afford as gifts, if she is not working she has no business doing father Christmas to her people abeg.

Women I am a woman and I say a husband is not a job or a source of income, if you are not working you have no business being family mother Christmas. If a husband decided to be magnanimous and give her something to give her parents let her collect with thanks and be greatful.

Oga plan ya family

U don talk am all

(1) (Reply)

She Stop Taking My Calls Because I Didn't Give Her Money For Christmas / My Blended Family - Why Won't He Touch Me? / READ: The Love Story Of Mountain Of Fire’s Pastor Olukoya & His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.