Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage (35614 Views)

My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me / My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by MrsBimbo123: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
My father in law is late (RIP), he was a good man and he never stressed me. When things were really rough for my husband, I didn't see any family member, in fact no one came to visit us except my father in law, my mother in law too is late.

My problem is my husband's two Aunties, for 2 years now they have been making my life miserable, always saying bad things about me to people. Someone in my husband's family told me that they are behaving like that because they think I am the one collecting my husband's money but God knows. They are always demanding large sum of money from my husband & I don't mind (it's none of business, even though my husband complain to me most times).

There was a day one of my husband's aunt told my husband to always tell them about anything he is doing. One thing I will never accept from any human being is someone disrespecting my mom, one of his aunt was talking anyhow to my mom few months ago (my mom is very old & she doesn't make trouble). They also talk anyhow to me in public and in the presence of my staff that I will even start crying due to the embarrassment.

I have complained to my husband several times & he told me to do whatever I wish to do to them but It's not in my nature to disrespect elderly people, they are really pushing me, if they continue behaving like this I might disrespect them.

I can remember how my husband's family members tell me that women don't stay long in their family before they go but which woman will stay long with the way they treat them.

I didn't know from the beginning, I have been with my husband for 5years now, he is a very good person, in fact he told me himself that he wish he has no family member, he also told me that he can't talk to them about the way they are behaving.

I will appreciate any good opinion, God bless you all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by eezeribe(m): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
you also wrote that "his aunties are always demanding money from him and it's non of your business,even though he sometimes complains to you"...

'And he told you to do whatever you like to his aunties,because there is nothing he can do about it '..

Both of you are indifferent to each other's plight,and until you both come together and figure out the best way to handle the situation...
There is nothing we nairalanders can do about it....
This is my own suggestion...
#God bless you too.

309 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by eezeribe(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
lalasticlala,Mynd44
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Venica(f): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
I will advice you to pray about it. some people are just so wicked. they will never remember you when you are in the pot of poverty but they will start shouting your name the moment you hammered. when next they come with their troubles, make it clear to them that you are just respecting them as elders n in-laws. but since they don't want respect , you are ready to handle them the best way they deserved. this will make them to think twice. above all pray. pray and pray. may God change their minds towards you in Jesus name Amen

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by mrsfavour(f): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
are u staying with his aunties or what?

7 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by DarkMagic(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
undecided
i see that u r d kinda girl dat don't want trouble but still...
U and ur hubby should down and talk on how to deal with this aunts...
Cos if tins goes out of hand..u will get fustrated and ur marriage might not last
Only u and ur husband should b d ones running the marriage...not this aunt's

8 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by heendrix(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
nawa o family issue weak me
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2017
If am to go by your explanation,then it shows that ,ur sisters in-law are not to be blamed.Rather ur husband shld be blamed for the too much leverage and leniencies he gave them.Please don't get me wrong.From the little I understand about marriage, it is a life long contract between TWO people, not THREE not FOUR.Your husband gave his sisters the room to pokenose into his personal affairs,and that's what's causing all this problems.Am not saying he shldnt help his siblings, but there's a limit to everything. His immediate family ought to be his first priority. He shld tighten the nuts and make them understand that he has a family of his own to cater for ,and so they shld expect less from him.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by VargasVee(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Your husband is at fault here.

Why would he continue to fund 2 overgrown babies who choose not to do anything meaningful with their lives but keep on demanding money just to spite you.

He should set boundaries and talk to them about their attitude or it'll continue.

26 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Evablizin(f): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
If am to go by your explanation,then it shows that ,ur sisters in-law are not to be blamed.Rather ur husband shld be blamed for the too much leverage and leniencies he gave them.Please don't get me wrong.From the little I understand about marriage, it is a life long contract between TWO people, not THREE not FOUR.Your husband gave his sisters the room to pokenose into his personal affairs,and that's what's causing all this problems.Am not saying he shldnt help his siblings, but there's a limit to everything. His immediate family ought to be his first priority. He shld tighten the nuts and make them understand that he has a family of his own to cater for ,and so they shld expect less from him.
Thanks dear,there is 100% sense in your post.

Op sort things out with your husband,telling you to do whatsoever you want is not the solution to the issues at hand.

7 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Headlesschicken(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
undecided Replace words wiv action yuh husband has given u d go ahead order.... or just continue taking d crap,d choice x yuhs.... U Berra man up and mark yuh territory... Choice x yuhs...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Evablizin:
Thanks dear,there is 100% sense in your post.

Op sort things out with your husband,telling you to do whatsoever you want is not the solution to the issues at hand.

Ywc,if she goes ahead and do what her husbands says,the whole blame will still fall on her.After all blood is always thicker than water.

17 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Zeze06(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
cry

How can a man, a full grown adult, a responsible married man, allow his relatives (dad, mum, brother, sister, uncle, auntie or under any relationship definition) harass his wife for any reason whatsoever undecided

Truly not all "men" are men... embarassed

12 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by elipheleh(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
Both you and your husband don't care about one another. He often complain to you about his problems and you are here saying it's not really your concern. At thesame time you still want him to be concerned about your own issues with his aunties?
The earlier you two start supporting each other, the better for the marriage.

5 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Bolustical: 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
My advice comes in form of a question?

Who did you get married to? Your husband or them?

Just make sure your husband keeps loving you and ignore your in-laws.

Avoid them not because you are afraid but because you cannot shout

Leave them to time and God, most wicked in-laws often go back to their vomits (sooner or later, they are coming to bow for you)

I am telling you this not because I know anything about marriage but I learnt it from my mum.

6 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by rossyc(f): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
Speak to ur husband together u guys will come up with a solution. Asking u to do whatever u like won't solve the problem instead might worsen it.

7 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Narldon: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
In-laws

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Guyman02: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Your in-laws wont speak bad of you if your husband did not give them the information to be used against you.

''There was a day one of my husband's aunt told my husband to always tell them about anything he is doing.''

Its probably because your in-laws dont trust you as you may have shown signs of being selfish, are you among the type of women who do things without their husbands knowledge as regards finance or investment?

Check yourself, there could be something you are not doing right in your marriage and when you start doing it right, your husband will step up to protect you as it is within his ability to call his siblings and your in-laws to order in matters concerning you.
Cheer up and learn new ways to build your home and those who speak ill of you today will be the same people to speak good of you tomorrow.
Dont quit yet!

9 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Abfinest007(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
sorry oh
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Josh44s(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Woman you said it all, the two people you owe something to are late. Any other person is an intruder, be it uncles or aunties.

5 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by chibike69: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
smiley
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by darlenese(f): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
did u just say your husband is a good man? hell no, he isn't even A man let alone a good one, he is not protecting u, he is giving room for his relative to verbally assault u and u call him a good man?

u mentioned that it's none of your business if he gives his aunt large amount of money Are u for real? you dnt seem to know your place in his life, your hubby is wasting monies meant for u and ur children's future and u are playing pretend what happens if things go bad and u find yourselves in tough times?

please this isn't an issue of fasting and prayer, your husband should put his feet on the ground and be the man of the house. if it's possible to relocate, do that ASAP, both of you should set out time to plan for the family , set achievable goals, invest on business and properties and more properties, it is only when u dont know what to do with your money that u will allow a relative turn u to an ATM, these relatives your husband is wasting his sweat for will not hesitate to laugh at u and call u a witch and waster when u find yourself in financial crisis, may that not be your portion. You need to stand firm, fight for your marriage, fight for your children and their future, dnt allow them to bully u, wicked people enjoy your tears and weakness, so they will always want to make u cry.

7 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by maxiuc(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
This what I can't allow my relatives do to my wife

Your husband is supposed to handle the issue rather than telling you to do them anything you want

Madam this is not your battle

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by yeyeboi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Do you have kids for your husband?

Does any of his family members stay with him?

My sister I will advise you to do whatever you like to them.

Atleast for once e no go bad make person cut chain sad

If you don't show them your strength, They will always take you for your weakness

2 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
They are always demanding large sum of money from my husband & I don't mind (it's none of my business, even though my husband complain to me most times). 

the day the money finish, we go know weather na your business or not. You are his companion, he falls. You all suffer it together

8 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by xxgig(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
Na Wa for some people O
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by marvisryt: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
Chronicles of in-laws

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Dramadiddy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
My take..it's confusing cause your husband doesn't wanna do anything about it that's very weird try and talk to him because he's the head and he can't say he can't do anything about it and that you should do what you like so who is now the head of the family? Good luck ma

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
If there is another elder in your family, beckon on them to speak on your behalf!

I personally don't encourage 3rd parties in a union.

Your husband should man up and give them the piece of his mind! After they have gotten the gist na apology go end am in the long run.

Kill their plans before they sow their seeds of discord in your marriage!

These ones are enemies of progress ooooo speaking harshly to you in the presence of your staff lipsrsealed

Omò, you too slack!
Re: My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage by ivolt: 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Your husband is to blame not your in-laws, he has given them
too much leverage over your marriage.
Do not fight them because your husband will be keeping scores,
let him face them himself.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.