Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? (1863 Views)

Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / Clash Between Yoruba And Hausas' In Yaba. -true? / Reprisal Attacks Against The Hausas In Sapele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by yicob(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2009
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by EKENEA(m): 10:45am On May 20, 2009
because others are only interested in oil companies.'chikina'
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by MrCrackles(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2009
Because there are enough Gworro sellers, cattle rearers, mai-gaurd, suya sellers, bureau de change operators and shoemakers!
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by JJYOU: 11:13am On May 20, 2009
cos they are more interested in keeping nigeria one. dont ask me why.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by MrCrackles(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2009
JJYOU:

cos they are more interested in keeping nigeria one. dont ask me why.

Ah oh, now i know! grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by OneNaija(m): 11:28am On May 20, 2009
Because they are the only and only Zombie. tell am to go kil na one hand. zombie zom zom bie.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by JJYOU: 11:42am On May 20, 2009
OneNaija:

Because they are the only and only Zombie. tell am to go kil na one hand. zombie zom zom bie.
hausas are cleverer than you think
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by Ahmadtjk(m): 11:52am On May 20, 2009
Because we are the only brave pple remain, abi na lie,
where are your pple when Nigeria Army is recruiting, Busy drinking Palm Wine,
So wht do you say!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by OneNaija(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2009
Yes the brave peoples wen fela talk about abi? Zombie. look am for right na one hand. zombie way na one way.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by Backslider(m): 12:05pm On May 20, 2009
it is a lie, the army has a popular language that is hausa. the pure hausa know themselves. it is like saying every agbero or areaboy is a yoruba.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by Backslider(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2009
it is a lie, the army has a popular language that is hausa. the pure hausa know themselves. it is like saying every agbero or areaboy is a yoruba.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by asha80(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2009
a large no of those people are from middlebelt and not hausa but as backslider said hausa is the common language in the army.However i wonder if that was the situation before the war.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2009
"hausas are cleverer than you think"

Someone told me a story that during the Biafra war, if the comander of a unit wants to know where the enemy position where, he will come around and talk to his soldiers and say

Commander : private Adekunle come here,

Priv Adekunle I am here sir,

Commander : Do you want double promotion,

Priv Adekunle : of couse sir,

Commander: infact I will not just give you double promotion I will make you an officer,

Priv Adekunle: Me officer ( the private starts dancing thinking he is a lucky man )

Commander: But there strings attached to it ( the commander now explained to the private as officer he will lead his men from the front,

Private Adekunle sensing the inherent danger involved in the task, now declined the promotion,

Priv Adekunle: oga, I know won be Lt anymore I rather remain a private.

The Commander now called private musa,

Private Musa: YES SIR,

Commander : You won be Lt ,

Private Musa: Yo mean me officer, the hausa soldier start praising God for the quadruple promotion ishau llao, allau arkubah o

The commander pinned the officer strip on his arm. Private Musa was the happiest man in the world

The Commander now informed now Lth Musa that the promotion comes with responsibilty.

Lth Musa accepted the responsibilty and now made a charged into the jungle with his men going after him, a few hundred yards down stream the men heard the crackleing of rifle fire, they all ducked. After about 20 miniutes of total silence the next in command saw Lth Musa's body down by the stream with a bullet in his head. he now call his troops to retreat to base,  but with valuable information as to where the enemy fire was coming from.

On getting to base the Sgt brifed the commander.

The Commander now informed his troops that they know where the enemies are now and Lth Musa was a brave soldier. He now asked his men does any one wants to be an officer, all the Yoruba soldiers declined, another Hausa man Corpol Shehu volunteered. He led his men into this 2nd attack which was sucessful. After the operation he became a full Lt from a 2nd Lth and after successful operations he climed through the ranks until after the war in 1970.  He was a major when the war ended.

This story is a true story, a lot of Hausa soldiers volunteered and those that where not killed live to tell the story as officers. That is the reason why there are a lot of Northerners in the army.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by beystwin: 12:30pm On May 20, 2009
There are more housas in the Nigerian army because they are the perfect soldiers. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by foye57(m): 12:42pm On May 20, 2009
KnowAll:

"hausas are cleverer than you think"

Someone told me a story that during the Biafra war, if the comander of a unit wants to know where the enemy position where, he will come around and talk to his soldiers and say

Commander : private Adekunle come here,

Priv Adekunle I am here sir,

Commander : Do you want double promotion,

Priv Adekunle : of couse sir,

Commander: infact I will not just give you double promotion I will make you an officer,

Priv Adekunle: Me officer ( the private starts dancing thinking he is a lucky man )

Commander: But there strings attached to it ( the commander now explained to the private as officer he will lead his men from the front,

Private Adekunle sensing the inherent danger involved in the task, now declined the promotion,

Priv Adekunle: oga, I know won be Lt anymore I rather remain a private.

The Commander now called private musa,

Private Musa: YES SIR,

Commander : You won be Lt ,

Private Musa: Yo mean me officer, the hausa soldier start praising God for the quadruple promotion ishau llao, allau arkubah o

The commander pinned the officer strip on his arm. Private Musa was the happiest man in the world

The Commander now informed now Lth Musa that the promotion comes with responsibilty.

Lth Musa accepted the responsibilty and now made a charged into the jungle with his men going after him, a few hundred yards down stream the men heard the crackleing of rifle fire, they all ducked. After about 20 miniutes of total silence the next in command saw Lth Musa's body down by the stream with a bullet in his head. he now call his troops to retreat to base, but with valuable information as to where the enemy fire was coming from.

On getting to base the Sgt brifed the commander.

The Commander now informed his troops that they know where the enemies are now and Lth Musa was a brave soldier. He now asked his men does any one wants to be an officer, all the Yoruba soldiers declined, another Hausa man Corpol Shehu volunteered. He led his men into this 2nd attack which was sucessful. After the operation he became a full Lt from a 2nd Lth and after successful operations he climed through the ranks until after the war in 1970. He was a major when the war ended.

This story is a true story, a lot of Hausa soldiers volunteered and those that where not killed live to tell the story as officers. That is the reason why there are a lot of Northerners in the army.

cock and bull story!
I'd rather say that most hausa's have nothin better to do thats why they end up in the army. most of them dont go to sch n u dont need a certificate to be in the army.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by THESEA: 12:55pm On May 20, 2009
This is because most of them are not educated, but they can be clever to some certain extend.

To know more about me visit www.fishmanagementips..com
and leave comment

NB:IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MORE MONEY THEN CLICK ON CASHMAIL BANNER OR THE LINK OR CALL 08037649117 FOR MORE CLARIFICATION
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 1:05pm On May 20, 2009
"There are more housas in the Nigerian army because they are the perfect soldiers.  "

No sentiments in this me I am a SW person and I agree, most hausas are tall dark the perfect shape of a geniue infantry men. Even the briitsh recognise that some tribes or ethiniticites are perfect soldiers just like the Gurkhas in British army

I'd rather say that most hausa's have nothin better to do thats why they end up in the army. most of them dont go to sch n u dont need a certificate to be in the army.

I also agree with u, but all education where has it taking you and your tribe today. Education makes you a thinking man, lack of education makes u a zombie, but zombies make perfect soldiers, tell am to go right, na jorojarajo, right turn, left turn attention quick march, slow march. But lets call a spade a spade that is what the military is all about decipline. A decipline force can destroy anything in its path unlike an unruly force.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by Fhemmmy: 1:08pm On May 20, 2009
Cos the easterners are more into buz.
Yoruba parents hardly allow their kids to enroll cos they see it as a timing bomb that will kill their kids
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by foye57(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2009
KnowAll:

I also agree with u, but all education where has it taking you and your tribe today. Education makes you a thinking man, lack of education makes u a zombie, but zombies make perfect soldiers, tell am to go right, na jorojarajo, right turn, left turn attention quick march, slow march. But lets call a spade a spade that is what the military is all about decipline. A decipline force can destroy anything in its path unlike an unruly force.

ur point exactly pls. are u tryn to go tribalistic?
there are lot of answers and examples to the question u asked.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2009

Can you name 10 biliionaires in dollars from your tribe. I will name 10 billionaires in dollars that are ex soldiers of northern extraction that you claim are un-educated.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On May 20, 2009
KnowAll:

Can you name 10 biliionaires in dollars from your tribe. I will name 10 billionaires in dollars that are ex soldiers of northern extraction that you claim are un-educated.

Has it occur to you that you dont need education to be a billionaire and be successful in buz?
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 2:20pm On May 20, 2009
Has it occur to you that you dont need education to be a billionaire and be successful in buz?

Name one such person that is un-educated and a billionaire in dollars and has always been a businessman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by foye57(m): 2:32pm On May 20, 2009
KnowAll:

Can you name 10 biliionaires in dollars from your tribe. I will name 10 billionaires in dollars that are ex soldiers of northern extraction that[b] you claim are un-educated[/b].
KnowAll:

Name one such person that is un-educated and a billionaire in dollars and has always been a businessman.

Mr KnowAll, Indeed u know it all. there's no point trading words over this. From the way u seem to speak, i want to assume that u r hausa.correct me if i'm wrong.
there's no such thing as a claim that hausa's are un-educated, it is just the earnest truth that most hausa's are not educated. u want me to name yoruba ppl that are billionaires; i'm sure u know them urself n i'm not goin to trivialise myself naming them. however did it occur to u that being a billionaire is diff from being an intellectual. i enjoin u to name 10 hausa ppl that nigerians would regard as an intellectual.
but hey, we dont need to go tribalistic on this. we r all nigerians!
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by Jakumo(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2009
You would join tha army too, if those 70 virgins were assured in the event you stopped a martyrdom bullet.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by asha80(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2009
Jakumo:

You would join tha army too, if those 70 virgins were assured in the event you stopped a martyrdom bullet.

grin
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 2:46pm On May 20, 2009
u want me to name yoruba ppl that are billionaires; i'm sure u know them urself n i'm not goin to trivialise myself naming them. however did it occur to u that being a

Me I hold no allegiance to nobody and deal with facts ang figures.  When you say Hausa have nothing to do that is why they join the army you make it sound like a dead-end job, but I will rather take take that dead end job as I will be a billionaire b4 someone else that took another route.

Apart from OBJ - 2 times presidency if he is not a billionaire then he is prick. He was only opportuned becos his boss was assinated in 1976 otherwise nobody would have known OBJ.

Femi Otedola and Mike Adenuga  name another yoruba billionaire in dollars.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by foye57(m): 3:01pm On May 20, 2009
KnowAll:

u want me to name yoruba ppl that are billionaires; i'm sure u know them urself n i'm not goin to trivialise myself naming them. however did it occur to u that being a

Me I hold no allegiance to nobody and deal with facts ang figures. When you say Hausa have nothing to do that is why they join the army you make it sound like a dead-end job, but I will rather take take that dead end job as I will be a billionaire b4 someone else that took another route.

Apart from OBJ - 2 times presidency if he is not a billionaire then he is prick. He was only opportuned becos his boss was assinated in 1976 otherwise nobody would have known OBJ.

Femi Otedola and Mike Adenuga name another yoruba billionaire in dollars.

i deal with facts and figures myself. i'm not tryn to make the army sound lik a dead end job. the truth is that in the Nigerian context, it is and i'm sure most ppl would agree wit me on this.
its rather untenable for someone who believes in facts n figures to say that "I will rather take take that dead end job as I will be a billionaire b4 someone else that took another route". check the statistics,how many army generals are that rich?and those that r rich stole from the nations coffers. u dont seem lik that kind of person.
lastly there r other yoruba billionaires apart from those u mentioned.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by ifyalways(f): 3:05pm On May 20, 2009
Jakumo:

rofl
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2009
lastly there r other yoruba billionaires apart from those u mentioned.

Mention them now abi they no get name.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by AjaraEwuro: 3:07pm On May 20, 2009
Tribal Sentiments being wipped up again.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by KnowAll(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2009
The fact is we as a nation we should be proud of these tall northerners who will lay down their lives for the good of the nation and stop condemning them. I will rather have a regiment of loyal northern soldiers than southerers that think they know too much. From my little story up the thread those yoruba soldiers that turned down the commander's request ended up still been privates or corporal while their Norther colleagus where officers.
Re: Why Do We Have More Hausas In The Nigerian Army ? by yicob(m): 6:54pm On May 20, 2009
Does it mean yoruba and ibo prefer to become doctors, lawyers, bankers etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change Has Come To Nigeria - Nuhu Ribadu / Corps Members In Lagos Get 400% Pay Rise / Tinubu Speaks On APC Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.