Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

How To Apply Biblical Principles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Apply Biblical Principles (415 Views)

Biblical Principles Of Marriage / 5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction / 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply Biblical Principles by yommyuk: 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
The idea of applying biblical principles is often misunderstood. It’s not simply a process of HEAR, BELIEVE, APPLY—as if one were putting on a new doctrine like a borrowed overcoat. Two steps are missing between believe and apply: EXPLORE and DISCOVER.

EXPLORE
To explore a biblical principle means studying Scripture to understand what the surrounding context is, what the principle means for us, and what it reveals about God. Furthermore, we must consider how this lone principle relates to the rest of the Bible. Digging into the Word softens hearts and minds so that the new doctrine can be planted deeply.

DISCOVER
As we plow further into Scripture to explore, the new concept rises off the page and becomes real to us. We discover how the principle works and the proper way to apply it to our lives. As we do so, the rich truth becomes our own. It isn’t simply tacked onto our actions as an external influence; rather, we take the truth into our hearts and minds, enabling it to impact us from the inside out.

Making God’s principles an integral part of our lives is a delightful experience. Instead of feeling a passing fancy for a new concept, people who make an idea their own rejoice in it. And they dig back into the Word to learn more of the Lord’s statutes.

A believer who has little to say about God’s work in his life is probably not applying Scripture. Simply hearing and believing doesn’t make a concept yours. A principle is yours when you explore the truth, discover its place in your life, and apply the concept so that God can make. it work

2 Timothy 3:14-17
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Invitation!!! Invitation!!! Invitation / What Is Missing In Church Today? / Significance Of Christmas To Different People All Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.