Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians (2726 Views)

FCT Minister Orders End To Cattle Grazing In Abuja City Centre / Hoarded Fuel Explodes At Atani In Anambra / Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by 48noble(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, on Tuesday directed the Department of Petroleum Resources to seal off fuel stations found to be hoarding petroleum products and dispense the petroleum free to the public.
The Minister gave the directive after a working visit to some retail outlets in Abuja.
“I have instructed DPR that if they discover any fuel station involved in hoarding, they should sell the products for free to customers around there,” he said. “It is not just sealing the station that is the answer. It is penalizing them when they do these things. I hope the message goes out loud and clear.”
Meanwhile, the Minister has scheduled a session on Wednesday with key operators in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry, namely the Major Marketers Association of Nigeria, Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association, as well as Jetty and Tank Farm Owners Associations.
The meeting is expected to mobilise the oil marketers across the country to cooperate with government to ensure speedy clearance of the fuel queues.
“I am getting all the majors to get involved and they must take charge of the situation. They must take responsibility for all their filling stations. I have instructed the DPR and the Petroleum Equalization Fund and all the other agencies to work towards the Fast track movement of petrol bearing trucks and vessels,” he explained.
Currently, he said there was enough supply of petroleum products by the Nigerian National petroleum Corporation, as about 38 million litres of products haa been moved to various filling stations across the country help resolve the crisis.
On the approved payment of N413 billion subsidy claims to marketers, the minister confirmed that President Muhammadu Buhari had since transmitted a letter to the National Assembly for the approval of subsidy claims.
The Central Bank of Nigeria, he assured, would soon make the funds available to the marketers once appropriated by the National Assembly.
The Minister also said there was no plan by the government to reduce the price of petrol soon, adding that marketers should desist from hoarding fuel and make products available to the motorists.
To ensure that products become available to consumers, the NNPC said figures from the daily dispatch of petrol to depots across the country showed that by Tuesday about 38.3 million litres of petrol was dispatched by the Pipeline and Products Marketing Company, PPMC across the country.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193397-minister-orders-dpr-to-distribute-hoarded-fuel-free-to-nigerians.html

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by wachakuta(m): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lol.. Sai Baba

I knew dis was coming

6 Likes

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by babasolo(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
Sweeeeet were is my 50 litre galoonss
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by DaBullIT(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
wachakuta:
Lol.. Sai Baba

I knew dis was coming
me too

But I'm glad this statement was credited to Kachikwu

Otherwise they would have said Buhari is a dictator

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by TeamSimple(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yes o.. watched it live on channels news @ 10 grin

3 Likes

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by honeywealth75(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Jonnyseg(m): 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Good
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by ojoyentalk: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
Queues to dissappear soon.

4 Likes

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
... When ur government means business this what u get

5 Likes

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ibe or Buhari, you LIE. You do not have the right to force me to sell my wares. I chose to sell when I like. Do you order market women to sell their Garri or do you order Buhari to sell his cows?

This is not a military regime as such you cannot threatened people with your authoritarian approach. Flood the market with fuel and see if marketers will resort to hoarding.

NASS should WARN this government that we are in a DEMOCRACY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by tunwumi: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
Thank God free fuel

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Kyase(m): 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
DaBullIT:
me too

But I'm glad this statement was credited to Kachikwu

Otherwise they would have said Buhari is a dictator
The change na by force ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by basilo101: 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Imagine nonesense. Na by force ?? If NNPC stations is not enof to render them irrelevant then u have no option but meet their request
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by sanandreas(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Uncle please tell us a story.... wink
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by redsconsult(m): 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
they signed for it and must abide by what they signed for if their case wont be like MTN

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by dialfa: 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Zoo minister
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Ghandi12: 12:39am On Nov 18, 2015
Sounds like a good decision but it is doubtful if this will forestall fuel scarcity. President Buhari and Ministry of Petroleum resources should admit so much has changed since 1984 in the petroleum sector of the economy.

The marketers have grown powerful, almost indispensable, in the petroleum product supply chain of the economy. They are not only stupendously rich but control major stake in all political maze across the nation.

These people are used to profiteering and using force in enjoining them to be reasonable will not achieve anything. They cannot be cowered, at least for now.

We the public understand the good intention of the FG but government should realize they are limited on this particular issue. The best option is for the FG to allow them to field for now while lasting measures are designed asap.
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 12:52am On Nov 18, 2015
Xetima:
Ibe or Buhari, you LIE. You do not have the right to force me to sell my wares. I chose to sell when I like. Do you order market women to sell their Garri or do you order Buhari to sell his cows?

This is not a military regime as such you cannot threatened people with your authoritarian approach. Flood the market with fuel and see if marketers will resort to hoarding.

As long as you're buying subsidized fuel and collecting subsidy payments from the FG, you MUST dispense that fuel to Nigerians.

Simple and short. Nothing about dictatorship there. In fact, this is most certainly a pre-requisite agreement before licenses to sell petrol products are granted.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by zinachidi(m): 12:58am On Nov 18, 2015
wachakuta:
Lol.. Sai Baba

I knew dis was coming
forget that thing mehn.. Nobody is giving u free fuel..
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by jerrywool: 1:17am On Nov 18, 2015
Welcome to 1984.
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by adconline(m): 1:51am On Nov 18, 2015
Staccato manners of dishing out orders to target small guys.. Why take over jetties, tank farms and vessels that are used to import fuel?
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by ibisko04: 2:35am On Nov 18, 2015
Xetima:

When greediness is blindfolding your patriotic sense, we will force your eyes open to see how you are making your people to suffer.
Petroleum products are essential commodity that affects our every day economic activities.

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by bencobenz(m): 3:09am On Nov 18, 2015
Which DPR? The one that is compromised? Those guys are busy making their money. In fact, they are the ones telling the marketers what time to sell.
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by egift(m): 3:18am On Nov 18, 2015
jerrywool:
Welcome to 1984.
Cry me a river. If the you and the marketers are not supporting Change, the least you can do is stop hoarding it.

Xetima:
Ibe or Buhari, you LIE. You do not have the right to force me to sell my wares. I chose to sell when I like.
The government has the right the oil marketers - remember government have already paid part of the cost of buying that oil. So it is not entirely their property to keep.

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Nomswilli(m): 3:46am On Nov 18, 2015
bencobenz:
Which DPR? The one that is compromised? Those guys are busy making their money. In fact, they are the ones telling the marketers what time to sell.
your point?
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by patrickmuf(m): 3:58am On Nov 18, 2015
Xetima:

So the government should be paying for subsidy but not have a say in matters like these? Next time you wanna write trash don't hide behind the beautiful mask that is Democracy...

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Udopasa: 4:13am On Nov 18, 2015
This drama go sweet o... And if this order is implemented with utmost honesty by DPR, watch as Nigerians wil queue behind Buhari. I only pity the marketers cos they wil be the ultimate losers.
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:25am On Nov 18, 2015
tunwumi:
Thank God free fuel
I dey go stand for one stuu*pid fuelling station for my area who only get fuel during scarcity @d rate of 150 pert lt
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by menix(m): 4:32am On Nov 18, 2015
Xetima:

Oga can I ask you, do govt pay subsidy on the garri nd Cow u mentioned..

Secondly, u just grew up to happening around you, re u not in ur early 20's Else u should know by now that Marketers re prone of hoarding fuel once it's getting to christmas period, this is a game plan to make huge profit for the Xmas expenditures..

Thirdly, there is nothing authoritarian once every stakeholder is made to understand it's a sanction to erring marketers nd agreeable by all...

Sure u will also say MTN fine is authoritarian...

1 Like

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by sondsfhn: 6:17am On Nov 18, 2015

Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by chimchim1(m): 6:33am On Nov 18, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun pls fp
Re: Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by chimchim1(m): 6:37am On Nov 18, 2015
sondsfhn:
Oga, DPR has every right to do so. I am sure you don't know anything about the DPR. Google is ur friend bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tompolo: Armed Youths Blow-up Pipeline, Oil Facilities In Delta / 3 British Parliamentarians Move New Motion For Biafra Independence / The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.