Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? (851 Views)

12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship / Is Washing Your Girlfriend's Clothes An Act Of Love Or Foolishness? (Photos) / Lady Steps On Guy Lying Flat: Is This Love Or Stupidity ? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by omophuneh9(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
We've known eachother for abt a year now, and I've made my feelings known to her on several cases,(the way I know best), to which her usual response would be ''hmm''. I've never been really bothered about her response, since to an extent, greater part of the fault rests on me not standing up to the standard Nigerians have built for themselves in terms of relationships.
Last night, I received a surprising message from her which read 'hi' as if to reaffirm that she sent the message intentionally, another message flew in ''gud pm''. The content of the message have no element of surprise, its the timing that had me wondering. She never initiates a conversation between us except in situations where I might have left her alone without any form of communication that she would manage to send messages like ''so this is the kind of person u are, and later u would say you care''. So receiving those messages sent a signal to my mind; she is either in need of sth or she has changed for the better(and judging from d recent trends, change was no where visible).
So, I flowed with the tide she had created and finally the message came.
Bose: pls can I ask you for a favour?
In my mind I was like ''if this girl is thinking of asking me money, then she is sitting on a long bench'', but I was determined to know what was on her mind.
Me: Yes, pray tell.
Bose: could u wake me up by 5am?
Me: do u want me to develop wings and fly to your room by that time of the day?
Bose: no na, jst call me.
Me: aiit but am not promising anything.
The conversation went on and with time she fell asleep, I was in a group chat section till about 11pm and with the level of health my body was operating, there was no way I would be able to wake up before 5am not even with the loudest alarm. So I reached a decision and from where the strength to engage in such a task came from I don't know. My eyes visited the wallclock on regular basis, until it was about 10mins to the time...I finally called her, now am wondering is its an act of (true) love or self inflicted punishment, staying awake all night just to call her early in the morning, and ended up not having enough strength to go to work.
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by orlando5: 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
I can't conclude, but you would find out as time goes by
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
I seriously dnt understand the op writeup.
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
It is love
I trust menix on this he will wake me by 5.00 too
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by Behira(f): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
Aint anytin called Love so pls dear dnt get all confused
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by RexKexMilann: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
Behira:
Aint anytin called Love so pls dear dnt get all confused
Are You Serious? "Ain't anything Called Love"?
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by omophuneh9(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
I seriously dnt understand the op writeup.
Simply saying I stayed awake all night, because I wanted to call Bose by 5:00am, as she had asked; do u tink its love or self-punishment
Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by omophuneh9(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
RexKexMilann:
Are You Serious? "Ain't anything Called Love"?
Help me ask her oooh...if a guy stays awake all night cus of u, wat would u say abt it, is he ur watch angel? (refering to behira)

1 Like

Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
@ Omophuneh9

Lol. Leading question: Do either of you own an alarm clock?

If so, that's a certain kind of madness. Therefore, you're, probably, in love.

1 Like

Re: An Act Of True Love Or Self Imposed Punishment?? by JumpingChicken(m): 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
omophuneh9:
We've known eachother for abt a year now, and I've made my feelings known to her on several cases,(the way I know best), to which her usual response would be ''hmm''. I've never been really bothered about her response, since to an extent, greater part of the fault rests on me not standing up to the standard Nigerians have built for themselves in terms of relationships.
Last night, I received a surprising message from her which read 'hi' as if to reaffirm that she sent the message intentionally, another message flew in ''gud pm''. The content of the message have no element of surprise, its the timing that had me wondering. She never initiates a conversation between us except in situations where I might have left her alone without any form of communication that she would manage to send messages like ''so this is the kind of person u are, and later u would say you care''. So receiving those messages sent a signal to my mind; she is either in need of sth or she has changed for the better(and judging from d recent trends, change was no where visible).
So, I flowed with the tide she had created and finally the message came.
Bose: pls can I ask you for a favour?
In my mind I was like ''if this girl is thinking of asking me money, then she is sitting on a long bench'', but I was determined to know what was on her mind.
Me: Yes, pray tell.
Bose: could u wake me up by 5am?
Me: do u want me to develop wings and fly to your room by that time of the day?
Bose: no na, jst call me.
Me: aiit but am not promising anything.
The conversation went on and with time she fell asleep, I was in a group chat section till about 11pm and with the level of health my body was operating, there was no way I would be able to wake up before 5am not even with the loudest alarm. So I reached a decision and from where the strength to engage in such a task came from I don't know. My eyes visited the wallclock on regular basis, until it was about 10mins to the time...I finally called her, now am wondering is its an act of (true) love or self inflicted punishment, staying awake all night just to call her early in the morning, and ended up not having enough strength to go to work.

Its an act of Genocide!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! I don't Know How to have an elongated Coversation With A Lady. / Help! I Fall In Luv Too Easily / Why Blackmen Prefer White Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.