Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder (43494 Views)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by doe: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Story don't add up.
But if true the only option is to continue as you are and hope for the best.
Or panic and leave the country.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by aspirebig: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
So people really believe this story?

Chai.

This is unintelligent lie naa.

Even if the whole lecturers assisted you, what about people that know you with your old names?

Remember, there is no part of the story that state that Op and the late friend were name sake.

For instance, Op is Andrew Zik and his late friend is Emmanuel Taylor. Forget other names now. How will one be Andrew Zik in 100L and graduate as Emmanuel Taylor?

No exams and record in that school?

What about final year clearance exercise? When WAEC certificate will be requested, if you had presented statement of result in year 1.

This story doesn't add up at all.

2 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lekjons(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Oga, women keep secrets pass men ooh..
If na lie, cum and ask my X grin

Any woman dat gossip a lot can't keep secret,but those dat gosip small (of course, every woman gosips) cn keep secret a lot.

LMAO!
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by BABANGBALI: 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
dead man walking(working) cheesy
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Toks2008(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala

A perfect excuse for herr to leave you...she never loved you...take it or leave it...im not implying that you didd no wrong by impersonating but she would have at least give you the chance to confess to the parents of the boy and pray they dont take it up..

I have learned a long time ago that while its good to be sincere,most ladies appreciate lies more than truth...quote me anywhere.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
jabojafa:
my dear na im mk me ask. Bt mayb dt DeltaIgboYoruba gal fit nor sha
gringringrin could it be me
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by UjGina: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
yomi007k:

No machinery is smart enuf to write exams for me.

Speak 4 urself.
stop taking things personal not healthy for you.it was a general statement except you did that y its geting to u
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
This remind of the literature text I read back in secondary school " Swizwi Banzi is Dead" he had to steal a dead man's pass book so as to be given a job in his own contry.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by kayolaigbe(m): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
If you're really good at what you do, relocate to a different country don't even tell any one and start a new life. No social media, no sloppiness. You need to cut ties with anyone that can connect you to your previous life. Save up for some years, come back home and start a business with your own identity.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by kacglobal: 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala

Fine I understand were ur. Coming from. . all u need to do now is to kill that Lady. She knows your secret and you need to get rid of her as soon as possible . my two cent.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Rukkydelta(f): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
yomi007k:
I am surprised that Nairalanders can even support this Fraudulent Op.

Maybe wen u guys die, someone else will start using ur degrees to work.

No good woman will stick with u if they know the truth.

Your wealth is ill-gotten, it will leave at last.
You're so on point bro the op betrayed his late friend. If am the lady in question, I'll also do that cos i don't want anything like generational curse on my children and lineage's to come PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=henryhemon post=40172877][/quote]
Boss seems you don't get a few points. What is marriage when we keep secrets? This funny mentality of seeing one sin bigger than the other is funny. I'm sure the girl doesn't have a perfect past as well and if she did lucky her but for a guy to open up the cankerworms to you before marriage and you come hold him to a PAST that is gone, baba she isn't worth shit. But OP no worry yourself with this Hollywood movie because I don see the type for Bollywood before and all the guy did was to tell the family of him padi say he wants to be their son
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
kill the biatch!! immediately before she passes on the secret.. go to some Fulani cattle herders in the OWODE area, they can transform into a cow and look for the biatch and horn her to death before shitting on her carcass grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by jabojafa(m): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
ADENIKETINA2015:
gringringrin could it be me
yes it is u.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by sashaa(f): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
PureWays:
Nah Bro.. I sense Pride in her..
She wants a perfect marriage, that kind of woman can't be with you through thick and thin, though I may be wrong but I think it's up to the Op to decide on that. Judging by his write up and story, he should be smart enough to see that if I'm correct..
this here isn't good reasoning
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
yomi007k:
I am surprised that Nairalanders can even support this Fraudulent Op.

Maybe wen u guys die, someone else will start using ur degrees to work.

No good woman will stick with u if they know the truth.

Your wealth is ill-gotten, it will leave at last.
Somebody open up to admit his mistake instead you castigate him. Tell me who doesn't have secret in this world?supposing he kept this secret for a long time probably when they had kids to reveal, would she had left? Wouldn't we castigate him for not opening up ever since given the fact that he is wrong? The woman isn't worth and am I very sure she has secrets too that she's hiding. But there is something op isn't saying which I doubt. His girlfriend or fiancee didn't just leave him like that, there is more to it. Is either she persuaded him to confess and he refused or she bluntly refuse to marry him. There are many fishes in river anyway
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Pamelayoung: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Is this 4 real? @ op did this really happen? I don't believe u, buh if it's true u are really smart but d day of reckony will soon be here
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ProudOlodo: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

Boss seems you don't get a few points. What is marriage when we keep secrets? This funny mentality of seeing one sin bigger than the other is funny. I'm sure the girl doesn't have a perfect past as well and if she did lucky her but for a guy to open up the cankerworms to you before marriage and you come hold him to a PAST that is gone, baba she isn't worth shit. But OP no worry yourself with this Hollywood movie because I don see the type for Bollywood before and all the guy did was to tell the family of him padi say he wants to be their son

So in ur own opinion, no sin is bigger than d other abi? Let someone slap ur brother and d other shoots him, and we'll see whether u'll still believe no one sin is bigger than the other ehn? angry
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by abdulrazat(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
The best criminal advice will be to kill the girl and continue living the lie......

But then you can relocate or seek for a transfer out of that town. She will never ever find you.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by mechanics(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmm, ur case is a complicated one, u ave to first report urself to ur late friend's family den afta dat go back to sch and get ur own result cos if u are eventually caught, u wil loose all wat u have and u wil refund both ur salary and allowance 4rm d first day u started work til date, just as a man who was caught with his friend's certificate who was stil alive in d ministry of health, he was told to refund both salary and allowance rite 4rm wen he started work till date, and i knw he must have bin convicted. U can see wat u have put urself into, 3rd class is not d end of d world, a colleaque of mine had 3rd class and she's working, assuming u didnt allow d pleasures on campus to enter ur head, u wud ave come out with a good result, u shud have a cause to worry cos u ar living a deceitful life unless u repent and do d necessary restitution, gudluck.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by mechanics(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
lekjons:
women don't keep secrets..smiley
lolz, den there's prblm.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by mechanics(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
henryhemon:

Am sorry to burst your bubble, she is worth it and she is a very good woman,how many can resist marrying a comfortable man knowing how he made his money,she's very rare bred. Don't give someone a bad name to hang him or her.
dats rite, she wont be able to stand in d midst of her friends when she remembers dat her husband is living a deceitful life,
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by sisisioge: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
Well, you are on a rollercoaster dude. Bounce!

It is good that you told her to atleast attempt to build your marriage on truth. It is however unfair that you had to burden her with your crime. She couldn't have married you, your crime is yours alone. Anyways, I think your time is up here in the country. Don't tell the guys people lest they petition the school to revoke the cert. No point in giving that up since you partly worked for it too. Pls don't get it twisted, I'm not supporting what you did. It's done and undoing it is really gonna get messy.

So skip town forever! Settle the guy's people well, settle your folks and settle the girl too...off you go to faraway country. I hope the dead remains really dead cos nemesis can be a biatch. Go and sin no more, people have done worse.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dazekid(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
damocool:

Did u just say sentiment! my opinion solely based on scriptures bro... You could as well relate the whole thing to you pastor and hear him out...

Yes, and the scriptures do not hold any weight to the law so stop basing the man's choices on scriptures written thousands of years ago, nothing there applies in this situation so it is purely sentiment.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by sisisioge: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
ProudOlodo:

So in ur own opinion, no sin is bigger than d other abi? Let someone slap ur brother and d other shoots him, and we'll see whether u'll still believe no one sin is bigger than the other ehn? angry

grin grin grin grin grin

The other cheek will be turned while the brother gets buried in the other scenario. Good analogy Olodo.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by sniper1305(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bros she don alrdy gist sombody b4 dem advice her to free d guy. My thought tho
refreshrate:
How many times have you listened to 10 crack commandments by notrious BIG in your lifetime?

3. Never trust nobody

7. keeep your family and business completely separated

How could you make such a fatal blunder in your life?

You coulda just had a small wedding at the registry with the girl let her cry all she wants send am go dubai for shopping she go quiet. Blame the economy for why you dont want a big wedding {at least apc fvck up for favor you} that theres jist going on in the office that staff will be reduced anytime soon and you know youre not making the list but you just need to keep a low profile and as a matter of fact youre looking for another job after the wedding. Automatically you don discharge office people coming to your wedding be dat and you can successfully have your small wedding.

The rest of your career get hostile anytime she attempt visit you for office. Scook up a story to keep her away. Anything dey she shuld call or text. Then those office peeps let them stay were they are - office. No need coming to your house anything, wetin dem dey find? keep your friends from secondary school plenty so if una wan do anything na dem go full ground throway that way she no go feel say you get plenty skeleton inside cupboard.

Shes returned your ring.
Stop wasting your time, shes never coming back. whats love without trust?

Trust is what she believes, you made a lie obvious. babanla fvck up.

Have you not heard that a man who does not lie to his wife does not respect her?

See, find a way to get the babe to just free you, if she go jist one of her friends remember its only a matchstick that it takes to start a bush fire?

This na major fvck up i swear. anybody sugarcoating this is lying to you

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lolaluv1(f): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
PureWays:
Nah Bro.. I sense Pride in her..
She wants a perfect marriage, that kind of woman can't be with you through thick and thin, though I may be wrong but I think it's up to the Op to decide on that. Judging by his write up and story, he should be smart enough to see that if I'm correct..

So she should be 'humble' and marry a fraud, right?
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lolaluv1(f): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
I don't believe this story. How won't people know a guru who is blasting his exams? No matter how low key he is....
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ify84(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
damocool:

No bro, it's a must bro if you re GENUINELY BORN AGAIN, scripture never puts it as dependent, read through the scripture you will find out the modalities of restitution...

For instance, during my O’Level exams, I was doing expo, by talking in the hall and copying from my friends... Now, a Christian, In my university days, stopped all that and wrote alone...

Another person testifying, said.. . 'he had to go back to write O’Level because he did expo to get the result. He destroyed his result, at this time, an undergraduate, left and wrote another O’Level to gain fresh admission.. ' for him, the spirit insisted he do so. ..

For me, it has never crossed my mind to go do that, re write O’Level. .. Abi if na you, u will just decide to go re write?
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by damocool(m): 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
ify84:

For instance, during my O’Level exams, I was doing expo, by talking in the hall and copying from my friends... Now, a Christian, In my university days, stopped all that and wrote alone...

Another person testifying, said.. . 'he had to go back to write O’Level because he did expo to get the result. He destroyed his result, at this time, an undergraduate, left and wrote another O’Level to gain fresh admission.. ' for him, the spirit insisted he do so. ..

For me, it has never crossed my mind to go do that, re write O’Level. .. Abi if na you, u will just decide to go re write?
Well, I never said he should actually do what I typed... It's just an opinion bro.. It doesn't really calls for an argument... Peace..
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nemesis99(m): 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
itstpia8:

but why is this the woman's fault though.
shebi yur browser has Google. Buh if it doesn't, u can use this one

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by yomi007k(m): 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
UjGina:
stop taking things personal not healthy for you.it was a general statement except you did that y its geting to u

Buzz off dude.

Ur dragging me down

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / I Earned N10,000 Per Month For 2 Years / Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.