Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder (43490 Views)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dolfman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Trapnews: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked Hope you didn't kill your friend because of your intention. Some things are better left unsaid. An average woman has insecurity issue. Going to the family may land you in jail. My advice is for you to grow up and move on. Last bullet.... Whenever you are drunk with wine or love, keep calm and stop talking at random grin Women interpret messages diversely than men!

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Toktee(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
henryhemon:

Am sorry to burst your bubble, she is worth it and she is a very good woman,how many can resist marrying a comfortable man knowing how he made his money,she's very rare bred. Don't give someone a bad name to hang him or her.
Take her to your pastor or her pastor,xplain everything to him,and waite for his response,tell her you are not forcing her,but she should pls follow you to the pastor to confess your sins,if she love you,she will obey by hearing that u want to confess.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by HopeAtHand: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is the type of secret you go to the grave with.

OP, you fvcked up biig time.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
You f.....k up big time....who wl believe you dat u re not d one dat kill ur friend so dat u can attain a big post....let ur secret b inside you forever...
Pray to God first,confess ur sin to him secretly and approach ur finance with a clean h@... I pray u get out of dis mess and we shouldn't be in your own shoes...

But next time, try to b urself
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by balancediet(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Psychology states that the average time a woman can keep a secret is 47 hours 15 minutes.,

3 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by juman(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
I smell lies.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Mchayy(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
OP, what you did is not that bad.

1. Are you the one who killed the guy? If no, then no problem. If yes and you refused to open up on that, na die be your case.

2. Lets say you didn't kill the guy, you're using his result, then no f.acking problem. Why? you're paying it forward to his family and even if you later confess to his family with all what you're doing for them , they will have your back! Taking care of their kids and all that no be beans.

If at all the guy is alive, he might , I repeat he might not be doing half of what you're doing! Many 2.1 dey outside wey dey roast.

The boy himself will be happy with you coz u r taking care of his family.

3. For your fiancee, you should have presented it in anoda format. Think like a scammer! Anyway since the deed has been done, just have a deal with her not to tell anyone and at this stage, reach out to the boys parent (Father and mother only), don't include friends and their family because as time goes on they will use it against you like blackmailing you and using it to get money from you.

So the issue should be between you, his dad and mom and settle scores!

For your fiancee again, while you are begging her that even if she refused to marry you but she shud not leak the secret and during the canvassing period use it to open up to the boy's parent and if later the gal later effed up, the parent of the boy can back you up. and even say you're their child.

Also, don't rely on the job anymore, diversify. Invest your money or start businesses incase of any clash!

That's all!

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by holusormi(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Although I know you are lying , but just for talking sake ... You did nothing wrong my man , the nigger is dead , dead people don't use certificates ... And technically the certificate is yours because you saw to completion what the dead man couldn't undecided .... As for that your fiancée , kidnap her , toture her till she tells you who she has told about it .. Then kill her , kill everybody she told also .. Then go to a bar , get moderately high and go back to your life .... (Since we all want to be childish and bring stupid stories to nairaland , we might as well get childish with our replies ) .... And if it's true , still follow my advise grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hw do u manage to live wt urself?walking around with a dead mans properties...i want to believe dis is a script for a movie doe
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
The girl preferred your dead course mate friend as her fiancee make sure both of them meet as soon as possible. This is the only solution.

Code the message to DECODE IT WELL

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
I don't have compassion for you. What you sow, you reap.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by SSpeter(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Tales by moonlight......... grin

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by lemolemo: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
You should have mention the name of that your higher institution where dead students are being replaced by the one alive. This country is indeed a jungle and people like you make up the animals in it. Be proud of what is your s, late Gani fawehinmi we learnt graduated with a university pass in law and for eternity his name will live for generation to come, bill gate was a drop out, dell computer founder was a drop out, Facebook founder was one, Steve job of apple another one and in Nigeria here many people claim Uzor kalu never completed his university in those days, today he's a billionaire and control thousand of people under his employment. Not too late for you to retrace your step back !
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by gladokpe(f): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
I concur
DoroMega:
Why did you stab yourself, you should have died with that secret. What she doesnt know, wont kill her.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by yorke1: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Silent the lady in question before she open your secret to the world.

undecided
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by STENON(f): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmm... @ OP, Are you sure that you not the one that killed your friend because of his results?
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Have a meeting with the girl. Ask her to not reveal what you told her that if she does, you will commit suicide. Unless she can leave with the guilt of being indirectly responsible for someone else's death, I guess this will shut her up.

Although you messed up, no need to start crying over spilt milk. Time to quit working for people. Use your savings, revert to your real name and start all over again. You will sink deeper if you continue to leave a false life.

If you can't do any of the above, just travel out and stay there forever.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by AleAirHub(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
db10dtruth:
Fellows I need help.

During my early uni days I got carried away by extra activities which pretty much cost me academically and even if I am among the best in my dept my result suffered, as a result my CGPA was embarrassing to say the least.

Upon resuming 300 Level, a good friend of mine did not resume, after a few weeks I was worried as you would expect so I traveled down to his family's house to inquire since his number was not going through and was told about his sad demise. He had an accident which cost him his life. I was saddened by what had happened because he was really good and was most probably the 4 best student in the dept, strong CGPA, a 2.1, he was really good not just academically but he had pure natural talent and the way I see it was the hope of his family.

On my way back so many thoughts were running through my mind....my result is poor and there's absolutely no way I can improve on that and still graduate with a 2.1 or even a 2.2 so I made a resolution.

On getting to the hostel I reflected on the whole thing and decided not to tell anyone but our course adviser. My friend was not the type that socialize, some persons in the dept don't even know him that well. He does all his things low-key, he's a very private person so I made an arrangement with our course adviser where I managed to convince him that it will be a shame if he's hard work is allowed to go to waste and amount to nothing, as usual with financial persuasion he allowed me to write his exams, I wrote both our exams until graduation where I graduated with a 3rd class and him a 2.1.

To cut a long story short, I did a change of name and began using his result; all this without anybody's knowledge but me and our course adviser.

It was very complicated but somehow I managed to use his result and even studied abroad with it, got my masters and other professional certificate before I got a 6 figure job in Lagos and came back home.
Ever since I got back I have been doing really well for myself and I have gone as far as taking good care of his family financially as well as training his siblings in school and presently sponsoring 2 in the university. I rented an apartment and bought his dad a car, I know it will never suffice for what their son may have done but I'm only trying the little I can to compensate for their loss as well as for pretending to be their son without their knowledge.

About 8 months ago I met a girl and we fell in love, we've been dating and 2 months ago I pooped the question and she accepted. We've been making our wedding arrangements but ever since I feel I have been hiding my real self from her and decided to tell her what I did many years ago. Initially there was no reaction but then this week she came to me and said she cannot get married to a fraud and gave me back the ring.
I'm scared and confuse she may ruin everything, she may reveal my secret which obviously will get me fired and most definitely a jail time. I don't know what to do, I have tried to reason with her and have done way too many explanations but she's not bulging. I don't want to go to jail and I don't want to lose my job. I'm really confuse. What can I do to change her mind or make her not to tell on me or get me fired or even worse go to jail?

Please I need help, real help please....you guys should share your wise words. I can't tell any of my friends, I can't tell anyone about my secret, this is the only place I can pour our my heart and seek advice.

I am dying inside. I have gone through a lot living this life of lie and its so hard but I cannot come clean, not now maybe not ever.

Cc: Lalasticlala
You Were The One Who Sold Your Self Out.... Just As The Certificate Is Own By Death Person So You Are To Keep The Secret Death Too...
WE CAN NOT CHEAT NATURE!!!
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by XwhY(m): 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is strong
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by petiteee(f): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked oluwawa ooooooo shocked Jesu Christi!!!!! Chisos! shocked na wa ooo some pp get mind sha

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by alcuin(m): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Seriously, you are one smart ass brother, Kudos....but u only failed when u spilled the beans to the lady.
Don't mind those people calling u a thief....if your late friend had properties, wouldn't they be inherited by other people? Of what good is a certificate to a dead friend, anyway?....believe me, your late friend will be proud of u, wherever he is.... Just return some good to his family, if you can, but never tell them why.

Thanks.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by linearity: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
This movie go sweet die, waiting for part two...

There is no way in hell this will happen i.e. one individual passing for two different people from 300L to 500L without been detected.

Even if you have a deal with the course adviser, what about the individual lecturers? They will surely notice the absent of the other individual, you didn't tell how you did your final year project and that of the other individual. Who supervised your final year project and that of the other person? Don't tell us that, it was the course adviser....How did you defend your project and that of the other person?

Most if not all schools have a form of clearance that final year student must go through around graduation time.

5 Likes

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by petiteee(f): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked
holusormi:
Although I know you are lying , but just for talking sake ... You did nothing wrong my man , the nigger is dead , dead people don't use certificates ... And technically the certificate is yours because you saw to completion what the dead man couldn't undecided .... As for that your fiancée , kidnap her , toture her till she tells you who she has told about it .. Then kill her , kill everybody she told also .. Then go to a bar , get moderately high and go back to your life .... (Since we all want to be childish and bring stupid stories to nairaland , we might as well get childish with our replies ) .... And if it's true , still follow my advise grin

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by DaegiiWealth(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Isokay
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Omolola1(f): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Instead of writing about money ritual, rich prince in love with a poor village girl etc, Nollywood scriptwriters/producers need to visit Nairaland home page today, stumble on this story and turn it into a Nollywood movie script, it would sell crazy undecided

@OP,

I really do not know what to say, the issue is really serious..

However,
PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT KILL THE GIRL TO KEEP YOUR SECRET
Because it is so obvious you are desperate and can do anything in order for this secret not to be revealed.

In other news,
Education system in this country is Sorry!!
Smh!
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Abbey2sam(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
that's why its very hard to get to the deepest part of my heart
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Adiwana: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
unless this is a movie,then you are in deep poo..
i no knw where to even start type..bottom line is shes a good woman,And in as much as things feel awkward,you did well by coming clean.you cant sacrifice a ladys future cos of your selfish interests-i dont think shes gona say a word..Bring her close,have a heart-heart talk.tell her you know how she feels and should pls,jus forget about you in entirety and move on..any move on her life could put you overboard

Buh peeps get mind oo shocked shocked
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by andyanders: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Op, what is secret? Answer; Secret is the ONLY thing ONLY you knows and nothing more. Any day you tell your wife, that your pant is torn, next time when she wants to do some washing, she will call on your child to go inside the father's room and look for a red pant that is torn and bring it. With that, the secret has been exposed.

Nothing you can do to redeem yourself as she will go and expose you more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Babandede Resumes Duty After Recovery From Coronavirus / 100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / I Earned N10,000 Per Month For 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.