Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? (784 Views)

Were Jonathan To Be A Northerner / Jonathan Would Have Nullified The 2015 Presidential Election If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by PigMeat: 6:39am On Nov 19, 2015
Considering jonathans experience as nigerian's president, if u were in his shoes would you accept been returned back 2019 as the president of nigeria if u were given un-opposed chance?
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by HungerBAD: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2015
He will not accept.

But his wife will offer to take his place.

1 Like

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Raiders: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2015
GEJ was a failure as a president. The same of losing election will not allow him to recontest again. Nigeria should be moving forward not backwards by bring gej again

1 Like

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Ikengawo: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2015
Gej performed brilliantly and has superceded the post of president of nigeria. Returning would be an insult as he is now called upon by the global community to strengthen democracy in developing countries as he did in Nigeria. You onlu redo classes you failed the first time, and we're already dealing with a redo president. Gej would decline the offer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by divinehand2003(m): 6:49am On Nov 19, 2015
It's only in Nigeria where failed and corrupt ex-heads of state, ex- governors, and obviously failed and bad leaders are returned to be flag bearers for corrupt political parties with evil intentions just because those class of persons still have their stolen billions hidden underground. Oga Jona will be begged by PDP to run as their presidential candidate come 2019. Just sidon look our shameless politicians.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by wordbank(m): 6:49am On Nov 19, 2015
Why not! Man wey fail dey repeat class

1 Like

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 19, 2015
NO! He will leave in worse circumstances than he did in 2015, if he comes back.

By the end of 2019, Buhari will be demystified, insulted and disrespected to the extent he will leave the remainder of his days trying to brush up his image and win back our confidence and respect. He will never get it till he is gone. This is the way of Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by otukpo(f): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2015
Never.

Nothing will make me come back as president of Nigeria again.

I would continue to enjoy my retirement in peace.
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Tallesty1(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2015
Raiders:
GEJ was a failure as a president. The same of losing election will not allow him to recontest again. Nigeria should because moving forward not backwards by bring gej again
Buhari has started doing all those thing he did that made him(according to you) a failure and will do more.

If he was a failure then our dear country is currently under the leadership of a bigger failure.
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2015
if I was Jonathan I probably would have resigned immediately after the kidnap of the Chibok girls.

I will be brutally honest with myself that I can't provide the security my people needed and expected from me, instead of blaming the opposition.

1 Like

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by lmm4real: 7:02am On Nov 19, 2015
Yes Na, but who go give am
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2015
Ikengawo:
Gej performed brilliantly and has superceded the post of president of nigeria. Returning would be an insult as he is now called upon by the global community to strengthen democracy in developing countries as he did in Nigeria. You onlu redo classes you failed the first time, and we're already dealing with a redo president. Gej would decline the offer

I don't blame your kind really. you are soo used to mediocrity that you could never recognize what good governance is even if it hit you in the face. all gej fans are like that and I pity them really.

1 Like

Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Raiders: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2015
Tallesty1:
Buhari has started doing all those thing he did that made him(according to you) a failure and will do more.

If he was a failure then our dear country is currently under the leadership of a bigger failure.
Its wrong to judge Buhari now. Its just like a teacher grading a student before the student completes his exam. Buhari should be judge after his tenure almost ends during the elections period. If Buhari fails as a president like GEJ, I assure you that Nigerians will kick Buhari out if he seeks a second term. However GEJ is not an option if Buhari presidency fails to deliver. We need to move forward not backwards
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Tallesty1(m): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2015
Raiders:
Its wrong to judge Buhari now. Its just like a teacher grading a student before the student completes his exam. Buhari should be judge after his tenure almost ends during the elections period.
A chick that will grow into a cock can be spotted the very day it hatches
Raiders:
If Buhari fails as a president like GEJ, I assure you that Nigerians will kick Buhari out if he seeks a second term.
He's likely to fail cause he's doing those things that GEJ did.
Raiders:
However GEJ is not an option if Buhari presidency fails to deliver. We need to move forward not backwards
This moving forward thingy is quiet hilarious.

So bringing back a man who ruled Nigeria in 1983 to rule again in 2015 is moving forward?
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by CallMeMadMan: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2015
Na madness dey worry this op. Make oga Jonah go siddon!
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by 4stylz: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria has been programmed from the beginning to fail.. if you like believe it or not
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by donholy28(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2015
Raiders:
GEJ was a failure as a president. The same of losing election will not allow him to recontest again. Nigeria should because moving forward not backwards by bring gej again
Tarrrrh shut up...we all know that jona wasn't a failure
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Raiders: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2015
Tallesty1:
A chick that will grow into a cock can be spotted the very day it hatchesHe's likely to fail cause he's doing those things that GEJ did.This moving forward thingy is quiet hilarious.

So bringing back a man who ruled Nigeria in 1983 to rule again in 2015 is moving forward?
Firstly, Buhari was never voted out of power in 1983. It was a military coup and his government was not that bad during his military presidency this was why Nigerians voted him back. Do you think Nigeria would have voted for Abacha or Babaginda if they had contested againt GEJ? Also, your chicken/fowl parable doesn't make sense in this situation. There are situation were a government starts slow but latter turn around and pick up speed before the tenure ends. So lets all hope for the best because if Buhari succeeds as a president that means all Nigerians will succeed and benefit but if he fails then it means Nigeria will also fail. Like I said before, If Buhari fails, I don't think Nigeria will vote massively for him or APC in the next elections. However PDP/ GEJ are not an option.
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Raiders: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2015
donholy28:
Tarrrrh shut up...we all know that jona wasn't a failure
how was GEJ a success if I may ask you?
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by donholy28(m): 7:32am On Nov 19, 2015
Raiders:
how was GEJ a success if I may ask you?
He wasn't 100% because no government can be 100% but he certainly wasn't a failure so stop blaming him for buharis bad government
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by juman(m): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2015
His performance as president does not deserve another time.
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by moderation2020: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2015
I don't know why some people reason with there anus instead of there brain. Now lets assume gej is not a responsible president as they claim, good. Now 90% of what pmb is doing are all on the foundation of what gej built, pmb himself is the minister of petroleum in this jet age as if we are in the military regime. Thirdly, do you think the international body will cloth or welcome Buhari for international assignments like Goodluck? Buhari that has speech problem, someone you can hardly understand what his saying, on in Buhari you will see were English is been reinterpreted into English. I wo der what is so special in this government when we are only hearing, probe, arrest, kill, assassination, scarcity, sack, violence, demonstrations, heavy company fines, closure of companies, etc all within 5 months.
I have said it time without number, what will destroy Nigeria is dangerous sentiments without allowing sound reasoning to do its work. j rest my case
Re: If U Were Jonathan Would U Accept Been Returned Back As Nigerian President? by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 19, 2015
Raiders:

But yoruba n hausa moved 30 years backward to elect buhari..

(1) (Reply)

Fake Genius: How This Nigerian Teacher Fooled The British Media / Audu Resurrected. .fiction Or Reality? / Buhari: “my People Are Useless, My People Are Senseless, My People Are Indiscipl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.