Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists (7877 Views)

Lady Shocked As Man Masturbates While Staring At Her In A Bus In England / See What A Guy Was Doing Beside A GirI Inside A Bus Today (PHOTO) / How I Tapped Full Current In A Brt Bus Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Well this morning, i saw a practical reason why women should be feminists.
I was on this public transport heading to my place of work.
The driver was lamenting on how the prevailing issue of fuel scarcity and the high cost of available ones in Nigeria affected him negatively. He also talked about how the issue has contributed to the hike of transport fares.
It was meant to be an open discussion, the driver now said he buys petrol at 150 per litre, while the man at the passenger's side of the front seat said tis sold at 140 per litre.
Now the interesting part. A woman seating at the second row of the bus started supporting the driver that she also, buys fuel at 150.
Next thing was that the man sitting at the front row started telling the woman that she wasn't invited in the discussion, that she should backoff.
What started as a harmless dicussion almost escalated into a scuffle, as the man right beside me started shuning the woman that she shouldn't argue when elders are speaking. The woman was saying that she drives too, and and she's talking out of personal experience. The man beside me started questioning the gods.. "who bought her the car she drives, what does she do for a living" The woman equally responded i load sands at the river banks for a living..lol. The man started ranting that a woman can't do nothing without a man let alone buy a car. I was like Oga! This is not true. He started saying that women that drives earned the money from prostitution. Well i said to myself, "some people are in the Civilized Life and Stone Age Living.
Meanwhile when the woman was speaking, she neither insulted the man at the frontseat nor treated him with disdain. As the frontrow man was judging her dressing.
Me and one other guy were telling them she did nothing wrong.
Others were mute at all point of the journey. The driver who started the discussion later kept mute leaving them at the 'mercy seat'.
The bus was on fire when i jumped out of the bus as i reached my bustop.
Even when i was shouting "ka opuo" synonymous to the "Owa!" you shout in Lagos, the driver hardly heard my voice.
As i was leaving the bus, i heard the man at the front row call her "Ajo Nwanyi" meaning Bad Woman. What amazed me was that the woman who is being called all these was reacting with smiles as she defended herself.
http://starttells.com/2015/11/19/while-inside-a-bus-today-i-saw-the-need-for-women-to-be-feminists/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by deadZONE: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
At your age u still use public transport to work!!!

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

And you have the balls to post it here!!!!!

that woman is your mate yet she owns a car,
you are here doing Activist for feminist!!!!

8 Likes

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by abbeycial: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
deadZONE:

u are really a dead zone.
seems u are out to make pple unhappy ryt?

41 Likes

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Kayoski(m): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
OK..I don hear
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
deadZONE:

No fuel for a V8. Lemme be nice on you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
abbeycial:

u are really a dead zone. seems u are out to make pple unhappy ryt?
frustration will do that to people.

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by iruocious: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
deadZONE:

See my cab-man dey yab person wey take public transport go work

6 Likes

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by IamLEGEND1: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
fûck feminism
fûck feminists

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
fûck feminism
fûck feminists

And fùck anyone down with feminists or feminism cool

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by ggrin(f): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Np: Hotline bling - Drake undecided
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by JbravoAdodger(m): 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Np: walahi- runtown undecided
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
Am not sure what a feminist would have done differently.

Class act BTW. I already love this woman.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by oglalasioux(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Matured reaction from the woman

3 Likes

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
deadZONE:

chai! so this okada rider wey normally comes to my house to carry dirt dey hear dey yab trash infact make i no see u for my house tomorrow since u no get brain

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by MrsChima(f): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
Feminism 2015 grin
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by tpiah2: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Is she aware kidnapping, armed robbery and extortion are rampant in Nigeria?
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
That man does not belong to this generation.,

whoever does thatso a woman is not supposed to own a car aaah?a woman cant air her view,...what a mentalityshocked

Discrimination against women must be stopped.

That woman is really civilized and matured.

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
duchess25:

chai! so this okada rider wey normally comes to my house to carry dirt dey hear dey yab trash infact make i no see u for my house tomorrow since u no get brain
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Vyolet(f): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
That's the warp mentality,a woman can't do things for herself without the help of a man. Mtchewww.

In the actual sense,more women provide for their household these days. They only pretend it's their husbands that do things in the home just to save faces and also massage the man's ego.

12 Likes

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
halfrica boo abeg where u dey??
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
shiizzy:
halfrica boo abeg where u dey??

Honey i am here o kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Evathyst(f): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
What a dignified response from the woman! Experience has taught me that one doesn't need to be emotional when arguing with a fo*l.

Especially those ones that hide under the cloak of 'Manhood'

Proudly a feminist! 100%!

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
deadZONE:
u are an olosho for modifying my post.ewu gambia.no make thunder wey dey Sambisa strike ur olodo head for putting my father there.y on earth wil u insult d op for posting sumthing.onye ara.no quote me again or thunder wey dey WWE wresting ring go blast u.ode
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by faith551(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
So being a feminist would have stopped the man in the front seat to talk the way he talked to the woman?
Op I think men are the ones who should man up, because a lot are busy turning gay, gossiping and opening threads like this

2 Likes

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by czarr(m): 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
The op dey stay for enugu grin
#fact.

Quote me and expect mi abuelo a noches.
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
in conclusion, watery post

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by Tallesty1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Vyolet:
That's the warp mentality,a woman can't do things for herself without the help of a man. Mtchewww.

In the actual sense,more women provide for their household these days. They only pretend it's their husbands that do things in the home just to save faces and also massage the man's ego.
Do you have any empirical evidence to support this statement of yours or do you just type whatever the tiny voice in your head tells you to type?

@OP, I personally don't see what a feminist would have done differently.

You shouldn't have mentioned feminist because every sane person knows that the man(if your story is true) is sick in the head.

But feminists often cook up useless stories to buttress their valueless points. I think your post is just one of them.

It might interest you to know that the feminists of today no longer fight for women right as the early feminist fought, rather they now fight to be allowed to post their tits pics on twitter, Facebook and instagram.

Silly bunch of confused daughters of second Timothy.

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by herald9: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Tallesty1:
Do you have any empirical evidence to support this statement of yours or do you just type whatever the tiny voice in your head tells you to type?

@OP, I personally don't see what a feminist would have done differently.

You shouldn't have mentioned feminist because every sane person knows that the man(if your story is true) is sick in the head.

But feminists often cook up useless stories to buttress their valueless points. I think your post is just one of them.

It might interest you to know that the feminists of today no longer fight for women right as the early feminist fought, rather they now fight to be allowed to post their tits pics on twitter, Facebook and instagram.

Silly bunch of confused daughters of second Timothy.
She's right sir, I've seen such men. In fact.... Lemme stop there.
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by feeshoy(f): 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
its possible that the man's wife is actually the one feeding him....

1 Like

Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by duduade: 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
deadZONE:

at least he rides in something to work...Must he kill himself cause he has no car.. abeg gerrout...
Re: While Inside A Bus Today, I Saw The Need For Women To Be Feminists by italo: 1:34am On Nov 20, 2015
Evathyst:
What a dignified response from the woman! Experience has taught me that one doesn't need to be emotional when arguing with a fo*l.

Especially those ones that hide under the cloak of 'Manhood'

Proudly a feminist! 100%!

What is "feminism?"

I have been looking for a feminist to educate me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Romance Section People's Choice Tournament Females Edition (Round One) / See photo of a Wedding i attended. Will You Allow Your Brother To Do This? / OMG ... Meet Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.