Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft (9491 Views)

US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage / Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed / Landlady & Children Brutalize Woman Over Complain Of Peeping When Bathing (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by ijustdey: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
A middle-aged man, Tope Adegbehingbe, has explained why he killed his 86-year-old neighbour, Mrs Janet Oyeniyi, at Ajebambo village near Oniparaga in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

Adegbehingbe, who was arraigned before an Akure Chief Magistrates’ Court yesterday, said he murdered the octogenarian because he saw her in his dream trying to kill him.

Although Adegbehingbe’s plea was not taken as the court has no jurisdiction to entertain murder trial, the accused, however, said he took the measure because the woman was a witch. The accused said he attacked the woman with machete in early hours of that fateful day.

In his confessional statement made available to reporters at Oke-Eda Magistrates’ Court in Akure, yesterday, Adegbehingbe confessed that he was guilty of the murder charge brought against him.

According to the prosecution counsel, the accused was alleged to have on 23rd of October, 2015 at Ajebambo camp via Oniparaga, Araromi Obu in Odigbo Local Government Area of the state, killed one Mrs Janet Oyeniyi with machete.

The police also told the court that Adegbehingbe murdered the 86-year-old woman with machete until she gave up the ghost.

The offence, the prosecution counsel said, was contrary to and punishable under Section 319 of the Criminal Code Cap 37 Vol. 1, Laws of Ondo State of Nigeria.

Adegbehingbe said he personally killed the woman because he saw the deceased in his dream trying to kill him. He said:
“The woman happened to be my neighbour.

I killed her because I saw her in my dream trying to kill me. So immediately I woke up the following morning, I went straight to her house to kill her because I thought that was the best thing to do before she would kill me.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/man-murders-86-year-old-woman-over-witchcraft/

lalasticlala
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by HungerBAD: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Not sure this man is of a sound mind.

Still praying for the day, the law of Moses (Mosaic laws) will start getting implemented in Nigeria.

The Law of Moses is definitely needed.

Maybe, then people will think before taking another life.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by agarawu23(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked

You for kill her in the dream nao .

Werey!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reads the names of the murderer and the murdered. Ok. Walks out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by politricks: 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Martins301:
Reads the names of the murderer and the murdered. Ok. Walks out.
Come back here and come and explain yourself.

13 Likes

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by naijapips02: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
fools.
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by kennyman2000(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by benedictnsi(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69...... Na this one be the real End-Time news...... Both the murderer and the murderee are are End-Time generations gringrin

Agarawu23 I sight your comment jareh.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by damton(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
When the village witches have pitched tent on your head
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Newshint: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
strange things...
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by SweetJoystick(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by pheyikemi: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Stoopid man, now you do your jail time.
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Newshint: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
hmm
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Godsonkemz(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
Coward. you should have attack her back in the dream since she attacked you in dream. Nigerians are so superstitious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by homirefacuny(m): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Now that's epic stupidity on the guys part... Take him to Sambisa. He is needed there.
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Murder the sleeping lion to avoid further complications

1 Like

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by ojaydedon(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
hmmm

wetin person no go see for nija...

Rip to the dead.
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Innodon(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bad
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by holyokoto(m): 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
African mentality, he will face the music and tell the court how the woman crawled and enters his dream. yeye man he should be sentenced to Book Haram for Bombing
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by tkpoint2(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
The Word says......

Though we live in the flesh but we do not war after the flesh..............
for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong hold............

He should have gone spiritual......and it was not the unfortunate aged woman behind it after all.
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Adonis86(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
He would have gone back to sleep with the machete, and kill her in the dream... A schizophrenia.
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by johnstar(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
Anoda bad news again

9ja which wayyyyyy

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by sexaddict08(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
I have a friend here who almost did same thing few years back. those old women can be frustrating. 80%/of them are guilty as charged.

1 Like

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by ELGREF(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ajebambo,onigbaraga, oke EDA....the names self
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by NNPCFACTS: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
When you can't take responsibility for your situation you look for someone to kill... Rubbish
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Simple...he should also be killed over stupidity
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by kingsleyugwu: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by NNPCFACTS: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
sexaddict08:
I have a friend here who almost did same thing few years back. those old women can be frustrating. 80%/of them are guilty as charged.

When you were young and eating big bowls of jollof rice in old people's house, they were not annoying.

Now that you are old and making a little living, you want to shy away from supporting them with a flimsy excuse that they are the reason why you are not making as much as you expected.

You forget that the country's economy is bad and that we have constantly been governed by irresponsible leaders who will never put a program in place to support the youths talk less of hapless elders without any form of social security.
Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by kennyddonn(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
ok
Re: Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
agarawu23:
shocked
You for kill her in the dream nao .
Werey!!!
lmao...haha... He must v been high on ecstastic

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student / My Close Friend Was Butchered / One Killed As Gunmen Invade Ohaukwu LG Chairman's Hotel In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.