Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student (9467 Views)

300-Level UNN Student Stabbed To Death By Suspected Armed Robbers In Anambra / Suicide Note Of Chukwuebuka Akachi: UNN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) / UNN Student Stabs His Roommate After Watching Episode 3 Of Game Of Thrones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by BadNews: 4:40am On Apr 22
Fear has gripped many over the disappearance of John Udochukwu Elekwachi, a final-year student of Combined Social Sciences at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Elekwachi, a campus blogger, was picked up by some yet-to-be-identified armed men last Monday at his lodge in the middle of the night. This is coming a few days after he completed his final year examination.

Elekwachi’s elder sister, Uchendu, who spoke with PUNCH Metro on the telephone on Sunday, said she got a distress call that her brother was taken away by some men. She expressed concern about the incident noting that the family had not received any update regarding the victim’s whereabouts.

Uchendu said, “I was in Port Harcourt on Tuesday when they called me. The landlady said some unknown men came to my brother’s lodge with four Hilux and one Jeep by 3 a.m., and took him away on Monday. Since then, we have not heard from him, and those people have not called since then.

“I have gone to report in various places. We went to the Enugu State Criminal Investigation Department, the Department of Security Services, and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to make complaints, but they said he was not there. I have not been myself since then.”

The incident was also confirmed in a statement released on Sunday by the Executive Council of the combined Social Sciences Students Association (Comssa), UNN chapter, co-signed by the President, Okonkwo Richard, and the General Secretary, Obolo Mmesoma.

The statement partly reads,” It is with concern that we announce that our classmate, Elekwachi John U (John El), has been reported missing. He was last seen on April 15, 2024, at his lodge in the Green House.

“An eyewitness gave an alleged account of John being taken away by armed men who arrived with four Hilux trucks, but the name of the agency was not disclosed.

“We are working closely with the authorities and John’s family to ensure his safe return. If anyone has any information regarding his whereabouts, please, contact UNN security or any federal agency immediately.”

When our correspondent contacted the spokesperson for the Enugu Police Command, Daniel Ndukwe, on Sunday, he did not respond to his calls or reply to the text messages sent to his telephone number as of the time of filing this report.

Source: https://punchng.com/armed-men-abduct-final-year-unn-student/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by BadNews: 4:40am On Apr 22
Bad News, Is Back On Nairaland Forum ooooo
Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Mikespecialone(m): 4:51am On Apr 22
Might be cult related oooo

14 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Towncrier007(m): 5:38am On Apr 22
Sad
Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by KingLennon(m): 6:22am On Apr 22
I was shocked when kidnappers demanded 250,000 as ransom sad for a guy they picked up.

Fear dey catch me these days o sad

8 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:40am On Apr 22
Blogger.
Armed men
Kidnapped
Lodge

No resistance
No security
4 Hilux trucks
He must have written a blog about a powerful person.
In Nigeria police fit carry you but na bandit on police uniform
Anyone wears law enforcement cloths

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Betanaija42moro: 7:40am On Apr 22
Insecurity everywhere, what is the government doing about all these.
Is gradually getting out of hand

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Curious345: 7:41am On Apr 22
Nigeria is a Gestapo state

2 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by davillian(m): 7:41am On Apr 22
He is a blogger grin
We all know the people that kidnaps blogger at night....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Asmmi: 7:42am On Apr 22
Otilo
Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Agadinaagwuofe: 7:43am On Apr 22
It might be DSS that is there modus operandi. Check his SM handles if he has posted shady and malicious stories about someone. That is the first place to start looking for him

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by chybuzky(m): 7:46am On Apr 22
Na my man be dis ooo 😔😔 I was really sad when I heard the story last week.

Wetin sup wer make Hilux come pick person just like that 😔 nawa oo

Hope you are safe John El

9 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:48am On Apr 22
The Nigeria security agencies behaving like terrorists and kidnappers. This is the hand work of the state governor. Peter Mba

7 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by DeeNet1: 7:48am On Apr 22
Nawao
Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Risingblue008(m): 7:49am On Apr 22
Na cult matter

4get am
Na chop dem wan go chop that guy soo
If u knw
Den u knw
Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Homeboiy: 7:52am On Apr 22
Make una no bother una selves, na yahoo matter

Nsukka now seems to be the semi headquarters of yahoo boys now

3 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Homeboiy: 7:54am On Apr 22
chybuzky:
Na my man be dis ooo 😔😔 I was really sad when I heard the story last week.

Wetin sup wer make Hilux come pick person just like that 😔 nawa oo

Hope you are safe John El

You no know say him de run streets?

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by REALretep(m): 7:55am On Apr 22
Ahhh...4 Hilux trucks and 1 jeep!
Na Government agency

9ja is a lawless country where the powerful and politically connected folks do as they like

8 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:56am On Apr 22
Mikespecialone:
Might be cult related oooo
Not really. Which cult operate on 4 hillux vehicle?

11 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by civilserva: 7:56am On Apr 22
Risingblue008:
Na cult matter

4get am
Na chop dem wan go chop that guy soo
If u knw
Den u knw

Cult members operate with 4 Hilux pickup?

9 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by chybuzky(m): 7:57am On Apr 22
Homeboiy:

You no know say him de run streets?

The guy no dey run any street bro na just blogging the guy base on

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Kajaard: 7:58am On Apr 22
They came in a convoy of 4 Hilux pickup and 1 Jeep to pick one person?

Do university cults have access to 5 heavy duty vehicles to move around at once to pick one person?

Something doesn't add up undecided

7 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Nemesis0147(m): 8:00am On Apr 22
Reporter/blogger don go talk anyhow😂

2 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Nemesis0147(m): 8:01am On Apr 22
Homeboiy:
Make una no bother una selves, na yahoo matter

Nsukka now seems to be the semi headquarters of yahoo boys now

u lie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by 900warriorz: 8:02am On Apr 22
From the handwriting on the wall, that guy might not be coming back alive...this is not kidnap for ransom considering the kinda vehicles that came to pick him up

I sincerely hope he's found though

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Mikespecialone(m): 8:08am On Apr 22
SpecialAdviser:

Federal police cult grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Mcslize: 8:26am On Apr 22
Betanaija42moro:
Insecurity everywhere, what is the government doing about all these.
Is gradually getting out of hand

ariesbull have some questions to answer about this, as he is more concerned and worried about those who chose to run for their dear lives to saner climes.
Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Johnson225(m): 8:29am On Apr 22
Blogger don blog about the wrong person grin
Na DSS pick this guy like this

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Mcslize: 8:29am On Apr 22
SpecialAdviser:

Ask am o. Where they get money to buy 4 Hilux.

5 Likes

Re: Armed Men Abduct Final Year UNN Student by Mcslize: 8:32am On Apr 22
Kajaard:
They came in a convoy of 4 Hilux pickup and 1 Jeep to pick one person?

Do university cults have access to 5 heavy duty vehicles to move around at once to pick one person?

Something doesn't add up undecided

I just tire. People wey never see food chop, na 5 heavy duty vehicles they will buy take dey fight their cult wars.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Close Friend Was Butchered / Hard Drugs, Street Names And Effects / Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.