Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding (2545 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Photo Of Nigerian Army Pleading With The Muslim Sect To Open The Road / Photo:nigeria Army Officers Pleading With Shiites Yesterday To Stand Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Today, November 19, 2015 makes it five months and three weeks since the opposition People's Democratic Party surrendered power to the now-ruling All Progressive Congress on the order of majority of Nigeria electorates that spoke through their thumb on the 28th day of March, 2015. Since the verdict, it became imperative for the party to embrace serious rebranding and reform if she must survive in the 'business' of Nigeria politics.

Rebranding of PDP is not just an opinion of the author of this article, it also represent the position of Nigerians within and outside the party that believe in strong opposition and desire good for the party. While we keep repeating the 'Rebranding' rhetoric, we need to answer several questions that will aid a rebranded PDP.

1. What Is Brand PDP At Present?
If we are to ask five random people for their perception of PDP, I am sure that at least four out of the five will give negative response. While some will give account of PDP's impunity since 1999, some will reel out names of morally bankrupt element in the society that participated in the destruction of Nigeria and has found solace under the Red, White and Green umbrella. Even PDP members will tell you that "PDP is not saint but APC is worse". It is not uncommon to hear statement like "APC members are also corrupt but they are pretenders" from PDP members. In terms of leadership, what does PDP as a party represent? Has brand PDP promoted internal democracy since 1999? Is brand PDP seen as one that believe 70% in election rigging and fraud? What do the electorate think of brand PDP? How does party members see the party? A former chairman of PDP, Adamu Muazu once said that the difference between PDP and APC is Muhammadu Buhari. Is that not self-indicting on the party?

2. What Does PDP Wish To Represent?
We will only be fooling ourselves to believe that PDP enjoys positive perception among the electorates. The party needs to portray itself as an institution that is committed in strengthening democracy, promote rule of law(its laws and Nigeria laws) and also seek for policies that are favorable to Nigerians, including the war against corruption irrespective of whose Ox is gored. For the party to stand a chance in 2019 and other subsequent election, it must portray itself as a national party and not an establishment that represent sectional interest. It also need to engage Nigerians and win their trust as a party that put the country's interest above any other interest. More importantly, it need to play the role of patriotic and responsible opposition, so as to position itself for power in the next election and subsequent elections.

3. Why PDP Need To Be Rebranded:
Why should an electorate leave APC to vote for PDP if they see APC and PDP are one and the same? Why not Kowa or APGA? Why should a businessman change his bank to do business with another when he feels that both banks are offering the same service? Why should I join PDP instead of APC, KOWA, APGA or LP? This is exactly the reason PDP must embrace rebranding. There is need for the party to appeal to Nigerians as better alternative if it seeks to gain their thumb-print in elections. There is also need for it to appeal to prospective politicians that it is better than others in the political field. It must have unique selling proposition.

4. Who Should Drive A Rebranded PDP?
Rebranding goes beyond hosting meetings, seminars, conferences and tagging as "Rebranding" gathering. It is a process aimed at influencing the perception of the target audience in order to achieve favourable perception and image. The drivers of the rebranding campaign must be people with impeccable integrity that are ready for the serious task of winning the supposrt and trust of Nigerians. The party MUST bring on board young, intelligent and patriotic men and women to drive the campaign that will change its fortune. Leadership of PDP and leadership positions should be attractive to those that have the interest of project Nigeria and project PDP as their number one and two priorities respectively. The party need selfless and patriotic faces to be its face.

As a party, PDP should take serious the e-registration for prospective party members, implement the Ekweremadu report and support the Youth Restructuring Committee that it setup in August if it must move forward. The party must also put in place structures that will attract credible aspirants and produce real delegates to seek for offices and participate in its March 2016 National Convention respectively (and other subsequent conventions and primaries). The party must not make the mistake to assume that they are infallible. Virtually everyone witnessed the rise and fall of Alliance for Democracy and the near extinction of ANPP(until APC came to the rescue).

As a party member, it is my desire that power returns to the Umbrella in 2019, but we have the responsibility of positioning ourselves to gain the power for the good of Nigerians because power is worthless without positive impact on the citizens.

Power to the People!!!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ishiamu(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Brb
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Quite an insightful thread I must say. Nevertheless I'm more concerned with the darkness the smiling, gap-toothed, roaster sucking monster, Buhari, has plunged us into.
Buhari is inevitably going to die a miserable death for:
Pledging that he's gonna rescue the Chibok girls yet, he - under the guise of searching for a false resolution - allowed his ruthless, vile boys to use the poor children as breeding stock.
Making the Boko Harams mistake us for animals.
For sharing a large portion of our earnings among his depraved greedy ministers, but neglects important issues that needs urgent addressing and funding, while we wallow impotently in suffering.
We have been scammed.
I will shed tears for the victims of Buhari's crimes; I will grieve the death of those who died in the struggle directed towards making Nigeria a better place. As for the APCs, not a single tear will fall - cause they were foolish, allowed passion to rule their reason, allowed evil to engulf their soul, failed to shun unrighteousness and uphold justfulness.

woe awaits thee!

5 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ify2016: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
hmmmmmmmm. I no fit shout o....
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ishiamu(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
ify2016:
hmmmmmmmm. I no fit shout o....

Ya pics na scam... new moniker too shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
To my co-wailers, read the content of the article FIRST and not be in a rush to activate attack mode angry

1 Like

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
ishiamu:

Ya pics na scam... new moniker too shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Walahi, the pic too fake but...

What can you say about the article?
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Dannyset(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahaha! grin
Finally, somebody is taking to the advice of Lai Mohammed, The Honourable Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He's said it often times that if PDP want to still exist, it must rebrand itself.
But they are forming so that people won't say they heeded Lai's advice.

Let me also state categorically here that, if PDP want to rebrand anything, it must start with its name. That acronym "PDP" has been engraved in the heart of Nigerians that it is badluck, corruption, backwardness, impunity, stealing, demonic, satanic, evil, barbaric, killing, poverty, manipulation, rigging, etc. At the hearing of that name, people throw up now(thank God Op knew it too).

And as for bringing in vibrant youth and persons of integrity, internal politics and tussle will maim this on arrival. Definition of politics in Nigeria does not bow to such pressure.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, PDP is sinking fast. Morally, people no longer trust them. Politically, APC now has the power to gored their Ox.

I can't imagine a Party that one of its chieftain came out to beg Nigerians that we are sorry for our 16 years of misrule and corruption, only for another member to come out and lashed him that they are never sorry for their misconduct.
That's simply saying, "this is our way of life".

Please forget PDP my brother. They are not the option now.

9 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by docadams: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmmmmm

Rebranding is meant to promote a product that has been rejigged for better performance and/or satisfaction.

The major problem PDP will face will be who does the rejigging and who needs to be rejigged. Everybody in that party na oga operating on different frequency thereby generating asynchronous beats. If na lie ask AIT man and Metuh.

In APC, pre- and post-election, na Lai dey do the talk after which market go close. Everybody agrees as pronounced.

So PDPians need to understand what party supremacy is. At least, they should draw a good example from the travails of Saraki, who wanted to know more than, and attempted to control, his guardians in APC.

Progressive politics is propelled by sound ideology and sacrifice. Money can only give you a temporary momentum. If not matched with steadfastness and visionary goals, shipwreck don happen be that.

Na so I see am.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by afrideo(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Today, November 19, 2015 makes it five months and three weeks since the opposition People's Democratic Party surrendered power to the now-ruling All Progressive Congress on the order of majority of Nigeria electorates that spoke through their thumb on the 28th day of March, 2015. Since the verdict, it became imperative for the party to embrace serious rebranding and reform if she must survive in the 'business' of Nigeria politics.

Rebranding of PDP is not just an opinion of the author of this article, it also represent the position of Nigerians within and outside the party that believe in strong opposition and desire good for the party. While we keep repeating the 'Rebranding' rhetoric, we need to answer several questions that will aid a rebranded PDP.

1. What Is Brand PDP At Present?
If we are to ask five random people for their perception of PDP, I am sure that at least four out of the five will give negative response. While some will give account of PDP's impunity since 1999, some will reel out names of morally bankrupt element in the society that participated in the destruction of Nigeria and has found solace under the Red, White and Green umbrella. Even PDP members will tell you that "PDP is not saint but APC is worse". It is not uncommon to hear statement like "APC members are also corrupt but they are pretenders" from PDP members. In terms of leadership, what does PDP as a party represent? Has brand PDP promoted internal democracy since 1999? Is brand PDP seen as one that believe 70% in election rigging and fraud? What do the electorate think of brand PDP? How does party members see the party? A former chairman of PDP, Adamu Muazu once said that the difference between PDP and APC is Muhammadu Buhari. Is that not self-indicting on the party?

2. What Does PDP Wish To Represent?
We will only be fooling ourselves to believe that PDP enjoys positive perception among the electorates. The party needs to portray itself as an institution that is committed in strengthening democracy, promote rule of law(its laws and Nigeria laws) and also seek for policies that are favorable to Nigerians, including the war against corruption irrespective of whose Ox is gored. For the party to stand a chance in 2019 and other subsequent election, it must portray itself as a national party and not an establishment that represent sectional interest. It also need to engage Nigerians and win their trust as a party that put the country's interest above any other interest. More importantly, it need to play the role of patriotic and responsible opposition, so as to position itself for power in the next election and subsequent elections.

3. Why PDP Need To Be Rebranded:
Why should an electorate leave APC to vote for PDP if they see APC and PDP are one and the same? Why not Kowa or APGA? Why should a businessman change his bank to do business with another when he feels that both banks are offering the same service? Why should I join PDP instead of APC, KOWA, APGA or LP? This is exactly the reason PDP must embrace rebranding. There is need for the party to appeal to Nigerians as better alternative if it seeks to gain their thumb-print in elections. There is also need for it to appeal to prospective politicians that it is better than others in the political field. It must have unique selling proposition.

4. Who Should Drive A Rebranded PDP?
Rebranding goes beyond hosting meetings, seminars, conferences and tagging as "Rebranding" gathering. It is a process aimed at influencing the perception of the target audience in order to achieve favourable perception and image. The drivers of the rebranding campaign must be people with impeccable integrity that are ready for the serious task of winning the supposrt and trust of Nigerians. The party MUST bring on board young, intelligent and patriotic men and women to drive the campaign that will change its fortune. Leadership of PDP and leadership positions should be attractive to those that have the interest of project Nigeria and project PDP as their number one and two priorities respectively. The party need selfless and patriotic faces to be its face.

As a party, PDP should take serious the e-registration for prospective party members, implement the Ekweremadu report and support the Youth Restructuring Committee that it setup in August if it must move forward. The party must also put in place structures that will attract credible aspirants and produce real delegates to seek for offices and participate in its March 2016 National Convention respectively (and other subsequent conventions and primaries). The party must not make the mistake to assume that they are infallible. Virtually everyone witnessed the rise and fall of Alliance for Democracy and the near extinction of ANPP(until APC came to the rescue).

As a party member, it is my desire that power returns to the Umbrella in 2019, but we have the responsibility of positioning ourselves to gain the power for the good of Nigerians because power is worthless without positive impact on the citizens.

Power to the People!!!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

Quite insightful
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Rilwayne001: 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
Juss passing**
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ishiamu(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Walahi, the pic too fake but...

What can you say about the article?

Am still reading will modify
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by FreeGlobe(f): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
This ijaw exhibitionist should port to APC already without flooding the cyberspace with his irrelevant junk.

3 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
TheSadist:
Quite an insightful thread I must say. Nevertheless I'm more concerned with the darkness the smiling, gap-toothed, roaster sucking monster, Buhari, has plunged us into.
Pledging that he's gonna rescue the Chibok girls yet, he - under the guise of searching for a false resolution - allowed his ruthless, vile boys to use the poor children as breeding stock.
For sharing a large portion of our earnings among his depraved greedy ministers, but neglects important issues that needs urgent addressing and funding.
For scamming us!
Well, we should leave out Buhari and APC in this matter.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by smemud(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
TheSadist:
For sharing a large portion of our earnings among his depraved greedy ministers, but neglects important issues that needs urgent addressing and funding.
For scamming us!
Guy learn to read and comprehend, how does the topic relate to buhari and apc.U are a dummy and u get nothing upstairs.OLORIBURUKU,OMOALE. To the op that's what pdp need presently not all this stupid serminal or conference or whatever they call it.MAY GOD HELP MY PRESIDOR ACHIEVE HIS AIM,MAY GOD ALSO BLESS THE GOOD CITIZENS OF NIGERIA INCLUDING THE WAILERS.

11 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
No One Rebrands A dead Party!

Truth Tell, An average Yoruba or Hausa voter now thinks PDP is Purely a Biafran Party, No thanks to Oliseh Metuh and his irresponsible opposition to national issues and needless attacks on President Buhari and APC

Therefore it will be easier for KOWA Party to win any National election than PDP come 2019!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This ijaw exhibitionist should port to APC already without flooding the cyberspace with his irrelevant junk.

Nwannem onye Biafra! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
very insightful article.
Currently PDP opposition simply means defending our corrupt members since APC corrupt members are working free.
PDP currently has no single National interest.

currently PDP looks more sectional than National. it look more like a cult than a party today.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Tycoflu(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
*in 2 Baba's voice* "I work hard for the money but it is not easy"
Some PDP officials be like "
Make the rebranding start self, me need post too. I never chop my share of national cake you dey talk rebranding".
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Standing5(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
PDP's plan to stay united and in power with 'our' commonwealth has recieved a serious shocker .They rebrand or die slowly.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by naijapips02: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
with the Way BuBU Aand his APC thieves are going about things, PDP doesn't need to spend one dime on rebranding. BuBu is doing a Yoremans job already.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, we should leave out Buhari and APC in this matter.
Buhari is an unrepentant criminal. He should be held behind bars. One would think if that daura, fura dununo sipping dullard even have human sympathy.
Nigeria is stagnant for now. Not until that brainless monkey is pushed out from post and be completely rid of us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by PointB: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:

He could even be damaging the party more than building it.

@Op,
You readership is waning. Either you choose defending your Ethnic group (Ijaw) or PDP. It's increasing becoming obvious you can't do both. By trying to do both, you'll damage the party's brand more than help it, especially on Nairaland. Look at Ochejoseph? Do you see him get himself involved in ethnic squabbles? That's food for thought.

As for me, and many people like me (and trust me we are many), we don't care what happens to PDP! It can very well go to blazes!

2 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
realnews:
very insightful article.
Currently PDP opposition simply means defending our corrupt members since APC corrupt members are working free.
PDP currently has no single National interest.
currently PDP looks more sectional than National. it look more like a cult than a party today.
I believe that PDP at this point in time need to come to terms with reality that there is need for real rebrand. We can't continue to defend 'our goats that allegedly stole yams" simply because APC did same while in opposition. This is a counter-productive strategy.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by funlord(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
wink
The "pdp brand" seems 2 be on life support!
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
@Smemud abi smellymud, you're the bigger fool and you have got comprehension issues for failing to thoroughly read through my post before lunching a fruitless attack at me. Its either you're a dumb fvck or your brain was substituted for a cow brain at birth. Ewu iberibe. Just to tell you how worthless you're.

3 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Alphaoscar: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
To my co-wailers, read the content of the article FIRST and not be in a rush to activate attack mode angry

Egbon , sofri sofri catchee monkey ooooooo.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
PointB:

He could even be damaging the party more than building it.

@Op,
You readership is waning. Either you choose defending your Ethnic group (Ijaw) or PDP. It's increasing becoming obvious you can't do both. By trying to do both, you'll damage the party's brand more than help it, especially on Nairaland. Look at Ochejoseph? Do you see him get himself involved in ethnic squabbles? That's food for thought.

As for me, and many people like me (and trust me we are many), we don't care what happens to PDP! It can very well go to blazes!
There are basically THREE categories of 'leaders'.;

1. Those that are more concerned about the progress of their ethnic group and region eg Ahmadu Bello

2. Those that only concern themselves with party and national politics without bothering on basic concern of their ethnic group.. Eg Anthony Enahoro and;

3. Those that are 100% loyal to their parties and the interest of their ethnic group within the Nigeria State.. Eg Obafemi Awolowo.

I understand that the third category is usually difficult and somewhat controvial to manage most times. But, that's where I find myself. Hence, as much as I'm committed to the promotion of PDP's interest(not 'defending' PDP), I'm also concerned with the interest of the Ijaw nation and Niger-Delta region. Hence, my participation in threads/subjects that has to do with ethnic interests. Also note that even before my defection to the PDP, I always promote my ethnic group and region on this forum. I see no difficulty in it. I also understand the growing list of anti-barcanista element. My task is to please my conscience, our people and God.

Beside, this should be a political and not ethnic subject.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Alphaoscar: 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I believe that PDP at this point in time need to come to terms with reality that there is need for real rebrand. We can't continue to defend 'our goats that allegedly stole yams" simply because APC did same while in opposition. This is a counter-productive strategy.

The only way out is for the party to be disbanded or allowed to die natural death. Even AD with all its goodwill that it enjoyed within the SW folks ( even after the 2003 coup) continue to rebrand till the main promoters or main actors found their way to the center talkless of PDP ? a party that never have good image among the educated and the middle class right from its inception.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Cc:
flets kenai firefire anonimi nigerianvenom Teryfik Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase gunuvi truckpusher bomsilaga, erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Tomakint Francizy Temitemi1 Mizmycoli Hinwazaka Dumkem21 Biafranqueen Mogidi IsraeliAirforce Ambivert Rose2014 Opiaoku Engineerboat, Talktimi ahaika23 coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria Chukwudi44 kaboninc Flets Kenai Eyeview Revdesmondjuju and all patriots
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Alphaoscar:

The only way out is for the party to be disbanded or allowed to die natural death. Even AD with all its goodwill that it enjoyed within the SW folks ( even after the 2003 coup) continue to rebrand till the main promoters or main actors found their way to the center talkless of PDP ? a party that never have good image among the educated and the middle class right from its inception.
I disagree with you Sir! AD died because it thought that people will naturally remember the black star without engaging in massive campaign. Add to the fact that AC gave an impression that AD had metamorphosed into AC. In fact, it was like AD had ceased to be living. It took many of us time to figure the reality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

London In 1926 Neater And More Organised Than Any City In Nigeria In Year 2050 / REPORT | Buhari Violating 'federal Character' In Interior Ministry Appointments / One Of The Released Chibok Girls was Spotted Wearing Catholic Scapular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.