Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding (2572 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Photo Of Nigerian Army Pleading With The Muslim Sect To Open The Road / Photo:nigeria Army Officers Pleading With Shiites Yesterday To Stand Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by PointB: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There are basically THREE categories of 'leaders'.;

1. Those that are more concerned about the progress of their ethnic group and region eg Ahmadu Bello

2. Those that only concern themselves with party and national politics without bothering on basic concern of their ethnic group.. Eg Anthony Enahoro and;

3. Those that are 100% loyal to their parties and the interest of their ethnic group within the Nigeria State.. Eg Obafemi Awolowo.

I understand that the third category is usually difficult and somewhat controvial to manage most times. But, that's where I find myself. Hence, as much as I'm committed to the promotion of PDP's interest(not 'defending' PDP), I'm also concerned with the interest of the Ijaw nation and Niger-Delta region. Hence, my participation in threads/subjects that has to do with ethnic interests. Also note that even before my defection to the PDP, I always promote my ethnic group and region on this forum. I see no difficulty in it. I also understand the growing list of anti-barcanista element. My task is to please my conscience, our people and God.

Beside, this should be a political and not ethnic subject.

Thanks

Good luck! cheesy
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Alphaoscar: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=40199444][/quote]

who and who remain in AD today among the actors in the party then? The people pretending to be members of AD today are either in APC or PDP and only using the party's name to bargain for political patronage. AD as a party is technically dead.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
I'm wondering why you are not really interested in PDP anymore..
PointB:

Good luck! cheesy
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
Alphaoscar:

who and who remain in AD today among the actors in the party then? The people pretending to be members of AD today are either in APC or PDP and only using the party's name to bargain for political patronage. AD as a party is technically dead.
The truth is that AD is DEAD. The party died naturally for failing to do the needful. If they had done the needful, they would have been a strong force in SW today
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Mogidi: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
The process of re branding PDP is ongoing, the 53 member re-branding committee has only just started work, I'd give Dokpesi and co time before criticising them.
Ekweremadu's post-election review panel are yet to submit their report, I think its too early for this.

3 Likes

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Alphaoscar: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The truth is that AD is DEAD. The party died naturally for failing to do the needful. If they had done the needful, they would have been a strong force in SW today

Yes the AD as a party is dead but the main actors in the party are now the main live wire of APC in the SW. they allowed the party to die a natural death and except for Fayose all other governors in SW are still product of AD.

The only way forward is for the few progress minded elements in PDP to leave the party and join hand with others outside of PDP to float a new party and abandon PDP to the jegudujeras .

1 Like

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by PointB: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm wondering why you are not really interested in PDP anymore..

It's simple.

I have never supported PDP, I only sympathized with the party. Nigeria politics is about personalities, NEVER about parties. And fortunately, now there is a higher, and more passionate cause to give my support to - Biafra!
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by erunz(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nice one
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Ugomba(m): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
1- PDP should merge with some other parties like Kowa, Labour Party etc

2- They should rename themselves.
The name "PDP" is a bit stained in the eyes of people now.

3- Involve the youths in the leadership of the party

4- Play a mature opposition till 2019.

5- Bring out a Young Sellable candidate in 2019, NUHU RIBADU is a good choice.

6- Advice and Persuate PDP governors to work inorder to promote the party.

1 Like

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
PointB:

It's simple.

I have never supported PDP, I only sympathized with the party. Nigeria politics is about personalities, NEVER about parties. And fortunately, now there is a higher, and more passionate cause to give my support to - Biafra!
Oh, I see. I wish you guys well in your struggle.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mogidi:
The process of re branding PDP is ongoing, the 53 member re-branding committee has only just started work, I'd give Dokpesi and co time before criticising them.
Ekweremadu's post-election review panel are yet to submit their report, I think its too early for this.
I don't think that I've criticised the rebranding committee though. I just pray that they do perfect job.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by citizenY(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
TheSadist:
Quite an insightful thread I must say. Nevertheless I'm more concerned with the darkness the smiling, gap-toothed, roaster sucking monster, Buhari, has plunged us into.
Buhari is inevitably going to die a miserable death for:
Pledging that he's gonna rescue the Chibok girls yet, he - under the guise of searching for a false resolution - allowed his ruthless, vile boys to use the poor children as breeding stock.
Making the Boko Harams mistake us for animals.
For sharing a large portion of our earnings among his depraved greedy ministers, but neglects important issues that needs urgent addressing and funding, while we wallow impotently in suffering.
We have been scammed.
I will shed tears for the victims of Buhari's crimes; I will grieve the death of those who died in the struggle directed towards making Nigeria a better place. As for the APCs, not a single tear will fall - cause they were foolish, allowed passion to rule their reason, allowed evil to engulf their soul, failed to shun unrighteousness and uphold justfulness.

woe awaits thee!

\
^^^^^
Brand PDP........ worst advertisement of the product Tonye wants to sell. Tonye this is your youth....
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by biafranqueen: 4:53am On Nov 20, 2015
As for me PDP is a symbol of the Cabal. I am weary of PDP and will never endorse them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2015
biafranqueen:
As for me PDP is a symbol of the Cabal. I am weary of PDP and will never endorse them.
Coming from someone that voted for a PDP candidate(Jonathan). This shows that the party has lot of work to do in order to redefine its image
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by swtdrms(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I believe that PDP at this point in time need to come to terms with reality that there is need for real rebrand. We can't continue to defend 'our goats that allegedly stole yams" simply because APC did same while in opposition. This is a counter-productive strategy.
My Oga pls its too early to start laughing like a Mad cow that escapes from the slaughter stab....@the bolded.

On the rebranding of PDP, i doubt if PDP wil able to successfully rebrand, the reason being that the elements at the control of PDP will never give these so called "young vibrant and intelligent" the chance to paddle the affairs of the party because that'll mean that those elements will have to go into extinction. And i can bet it, they ain't ready to retire yet. Are you trying to tell me that figures like Fayose with shallow mind will be ready to take orders from a younger intelligent chap? Or do you think PDP can accept to sack all members indicted of corruption? I think the only possible rebranding which can save PDP from total collapse is for the corrupt elements to go into extinction which is impossible.

Nethertheless, i applaud your efforts in trying to bring about credible and intelligent opposition.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by Beremx(f): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2015
PointB:

It's simple.

hmmmmmmmmm!!!
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ify2016: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Walahi, the pic too fake but...

What can you say about the article?
Scam ni . guys are funny. congesting my email inbox with nonsense.Thank you. I am a guy.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ify2016: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:

Ya pics na scam... new moniker too shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Thanks for your foolish observation. Who cares
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
Scam ni . guys are funny. congesting my email inbox with nonsense.Thank you. I am a guy.
You are welcome bros...
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Nov 20, 2015
Lol, you know say na our democraticc hro formulate the Goat and Yam theory... grin
On the rebrand, I am optimistic
swtdrms:

My Oga pls its too early to start laughing like a Mad cow that escapes from the slaughter stab....@the bolded.

On the rebranding of PDP, i doubt if PDP wil able to successfully rebrand, the reason being that the elements at the control of PDP will never give these so called "young vibrant and intelligent" the chance to paddle the affairs of the party because that'll mean that those elements will have to go into extinction. And i can bet it, they ain't ready to retire yet. Are you trying to tell me that figures like Fayose with shallow mind will be ready to take orders from a younger intelligent chap? Or do you think PDP can accept to sack all members indicted of corruption? I think the only possible rebranding which can save PDP from total collapse is for the corrupt elements to go into extinction which is impossible.

Nethertheless, i applaud your efforts in trying to bring about credible and intelligent opposition.
Re: Brand PDP: A 'Not So Favorable' Brand Pleading For Serious Rebranding by ishiamu(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2015
ify2016:
Thanks for your foolish observation. Who cares

Okay mr man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ongoing Road Construction In Faulks Road Aba / See Photos Of The Bullet-Proof/Ranger Rover Car Importer Who Cleared Saraki 2day / A Church In The USA Decorated With Biafran Flag And Colours

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.