Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Re-branding Nigeria Website - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Re-branding Nigeria Website (8887 Views)

Tech Giant Google Re-branding As ALPHABET / Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 9:24am On May 23, 2009
erm. . . one more thing. y'all can kindly start telling ur ID (if u got one) so the banning process can begin! cuz damn u just made the boss mad. grin sam i no dey now so u cant touch meeeeeeee yay!! tongue
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 9:24am On May 23, 2009
dammit page 2 angry
why me undecided
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by biggjoe(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2009
Dual Core:

design doesnt trip me(even tht sucks ass too), there's more to a site than meets the eyes

I have always been afraid of using this line on several occassions where issues such as the one at hand comes up. Reason is: I believe many people will say I am not a complete designer.

But l agree with Dual Core theres much more in a site that meets the eyes! If Your site is very good looking and not user friendly, somebody like me willl not even notice the good looks. We are not even talking about security yet.

As for the cotek IT site, I dont hold anything against it more than that of Akunyili grin There isnt much difference.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by JJYOU: 10:32am On May 23, 2009
is the dora woman the nigeria project? 
is she the brand?
where is nigeria on that site?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by AjaraEwuro: 12:43pm On May 23, 2009
moronic arguments.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by SamMilla1(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2009
Atleast certified designers are talking now.
Not that little boy making noise about cotekit.
I tld him that i saw pre-made signatures all over it.

i spent only a minute on that cotekit and hate it already.
I dont stay on a site that is not user friendly.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by AjaraEwuro: 12:51pm On May 23, 2009
Let each one of you list here websites you have designed, let us make our own judgement, if you cant, then shut up.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Neptune(m): 1:35pm On May 23, 2009
lol !!!. i always try to make people understand something. i don't give a damn if nairaland is one of the ugliest forums i've ever been in. the fact is, it works. simple.
what functionality is on that nigeriarebrands.com? contact us form? u've got to be kidding me. why should'nt that site be more attractive. what did the developer spend his time doing? building contact forms and drwing tables? think about this thing for a while now haba!!! when i sat down and tought about it, i came to the conclusion [maybe it was done by an in house guy and they had to rush the thing]. that i understand. but if that site was contracted out, i totally totally refuse to accept that it's even close to being ok. if the Ministry of Information and Communications contracted that site out and is ok with it, lol, what do they think of u yes u. not to talk of foreigners who check it out. bone the whole small talk abeg.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by SamMilla1(m): 2:35pm On May 23, 2009
Good, Neptune, show us three of your works. lets see how perfect they are.
dont take it personal.
Thats just the easiest way to tell people to put their mouth where their money is.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Neptune(m): 3:24pm On May 23, 2009
you look for it. or send me an email requesting for my portfolio. i'll send them to you. i'm past bragging about my works man. those who know me know what i'm capable of.

infact, just google me !!!! grin LOL grin LM*AO !!!
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by abhosts(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2009
@Sam

Your maturity is indeed commendable. Empty barrels make the most noise.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by AjaraEwuro: 3:49pm On May 23, 2009
Neptune:

lol !!!.   i always try to make people understand something. i don't give a damn if nairaland is one of the ugliest forums i've ever been in. the fact is, it works. simple.
what functionality is on that nigeriarebrands.com? contact us form? u've got to be kidding me. why should'nt that site be more attractive. what did the developer spend his time doing? building contact forms and drwing tables? think about this thing for a while now haba!!! when i sat down and tought about it, i came to the conclusion [maybe it was done by an in house guy and they had to rush the thing]. that i understand. but if that site was contracted out, i totally totally refuse to accept that it's even close to being ok. if the Ministry of Information and Communications contracted that site out and is ok with it, lol, what do they think of u yes u. not to talk of foreigners who check it out. bone the whole small talk abeg.

The point is foreigners who look at it doesnt give a damn about beauty, they give a damn about what they read, about the content. A website, in your own eye should be judged by what? by the beauty or by the content?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Neptune(m): 4:24pm On May 23, 2009
hmm, i wonder why most of their sites dont look like that. anyways, each visitor to a site expects or comes with his own different view. if my company for example took part in that, i'll be checking the site probably to see the remarks my M.D. made. that way i dont care about beauty. or if i wanted to go into branding and wanted to view whatever they had to say. if i was a web designer or a graphics person or even an IT person, i might need information on the site but the look also would matter to me. it has to. it's like reflex.out the site up in the computer area, nobody would care. i use nairaland all the time but you'll also hear me say "men that nairaland no fine at all oh!" why you guys are taking this personal i still dont understand. show NIIT students the site and they'll laugh about it. even though only a very few of them can do better. no matter wahtever lenght you take this to or whatever comments u make in support, the fact would always remain that nigeriarebrands.com was'nt well designed. if you learnt web design, web development or whatever you want to call it, you'll know that. for those of you who stumbled on it, i totally understand if you like it.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by lepashandi: 4:28pm On May 23, 2009
@Neptune

You have no point, you should please excuse us and do something better.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 23, 2009
thread on fire!!!.

Mehn, cotekit.com doesnt suck and same with dora's rebranding brand
What pissed me from the start is the fact that i was expecting a tattered design based on comments here
only to be disappointed. The site is not too bad as claimed.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 6:08pm On May 23, 2009
Is the site informative? Yes!
Is it live? Yes!

k, end of story. No amount of noise here will even change one html tag on that site.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by ddonobi(m): 7:20pm On May 23, 2009
That rebrandnigeria site is wack! pls, sam milla should tell us just 1 site that he has designed! i said mine, so, samo, say yours!!!!!! Wacked designer! UP Neptune! u gat taste for excellence! Dnt mind all these guys who jst stumbled on dis topic without following it from the start, they aint got taste for quality! Samo, if u want some tutorial, i can gelp u out online, c'mon!
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by ddonobi(m): 7:31pm On May 23, 2009
this page is for webmasters, not wanna beeee's. pls, if ur not a webmaster, can u excuse us?
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by ddonobi(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2009
yes!!!!

Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by lepashandi: 11:25pm On May 23, 2009
na small small craze dey take start o
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Nobody: 8:15am On May 24, 2009
lol, i guess he was trying to get http://imostate.gov.ng/ across.

Thats good work if you developed that.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Neptune(m): 11:39am On May 24, 2009
@ ddonobi
nice one!!! putting this thread apart, that's a brilliant site/portal (as u may). very well done. na that one dem dey call [size=18pt]EOD[/size] (end of discussion). like dual core said "Is the site informative? Yes!
Is it live? Yes!

k, end of story. No amount of noise here will even change one html tag on that site. "

we all understand that. but this is a webmasters forum and it's only right we talk, discuss or argue about things like this (especially when we are not even paid to do so). that's what we are suppose to do (i think). and though some people always take these things personal (which is'nt professional) we'll, that's their business.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by SamMilla1(m): 1:08pm On May 24, 2009
I had fun arguing here.

@ddonobi , I can easily detemine now that you are not 100% sane.
@neptune, We are not arguing whether your work is good or bad,
I just said you should link us to it and you suggested i google NEPTUNE.
I guess you are NEPTUNE right?
Because without consulting google, I know what neptune is.
I suggest you google me too,
I dont design, I use templates, there are thousands of them free out there and since i dont want to work as a designer, i see no reason to design except for fun.
I write humour stories and jokes for magazines and newspapers.
Some of the internet jokes you read are my works.
So you can as well google up my name.

Dont forget to join my fans club on facebook.

http://ja-jp.facebook.com/pages/Samson-Akpaka-aka-sam-milla/58990442026
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by remoranger(m): 2:31pm On May 24, 2009
@kobojunkie shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i think you are been damn unfair on Nigerian web developers becos u met a few template pretenders dont mean the rest of us is like that. Thats why i have started a project celebrating nigerian webmasters nor matter their skill set http://www.websitenigeria.com at least i havent viewed a site there yet that looks template driven. IMO
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On May 24, 2009
Roflmao!!!

a) To the average user, design INCLUDES functionality, aesthetics and all. I am not a designer, so I am giving a user's point of view here. When I approach a website on a government, say IRAQ, Aesthetics, combined with functionality will cause me to decide IF I will trust information posted on that site or If I will choose to move on for data/info I need.
So forgive me if, I don't get how a WEB DESIGNER can conclude that site functionality is not a part of WEB DESIGN/ARCHITECTURE when we are not in kindergarten.

b) Foreigners do mind about the Design of a site. That is why we keep hearing companies speak of REBRANDING and CHANGING COMPANY IMAGE. . . let's stop fooling ourselves please

I can pick out, with my eyes closed, 10 sites developed using ready-built templates, with that were customized by Nigerians, in 1 minute. How many Nigerians sites, built from scratch and not copy/paste jobs, do you think I can pick out in the 10 times that time? Even Nairaland uses a pre-built template and to be honest, that IS why it does not seem as bad as tons of other Nigerian forums out there. I remember when Nairaland first came online, it was really uninviting. I mean functionality was there but the white and green plaster was just too much.

Now, about your celebrating Nigerian webmasters site, I say PLEASE!!!! That site looks more like it is for everything and even baskets. And aesthetically speaking, it is not really pleasing to the eye either.

I am here on a WEB DESIGNER BOARD, as a user to air my grievances. To Help Designers understand that they probably need to do better than to sit most of the day thinking they have it all figured out. COPY AND PASTE DOES NOT CUT IT. You NEED TO LEARN to do things from scratch so you better understand how to tweak what already exists and MAKE IT YOUR OWN in the end.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by remoranger(m): 3:01pm On May 24, 2009
@kob Well i am going to start with my own sites. And please dont run me into the ground cos i aint flaunting and i m just one year into the biz. but if any where templated then show me the duplicates and i would resign
http://www.webextremeng.com
http://www.faabbizlimited.com

ok let me stop there

as for the forums i agree i did not develop them but the themes are original
http://www.unicalgist.com
http://www.iuogist.com
http://www.christiannigeria.com

and the one dearest to me heart http://www.websitenigeria.com even though i know it sucks grin
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by bug24(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2009
AM ENJOYING YOU GUYZ.
the naggin, yabbing, and all.
we are all learning from em though, but i'll beg that the matters be restricted only to the people talking and their jobs and no third parties.

u guyz ride on.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by remoranger(m): 4:31pm On May 24, 2009
@kokojunkie I did not really get round to the part of you dissing my site. just found it. all i have seen in all your posts are unnecessary attitudes and a whole lotta empty noises. Now will his royal assness, sorry grin highnesss (excuse my bad Portuguese cool) please show Nigerian web masters how to design sites that would please our great web design lord and master? this site sucks embarassed! this site aint shit embarassed!! this site wasn't designed by my momma embarassed!!! when the 4q would you stop whining? cry what have you done anyway? grow some BALLS!!!!!! and stop acting immature.
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Neptune(m): 7:05pm On May 24, 2009
Kobojunkie, please do not reply to remoranger's last post. bust this thing. or read this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-275886.0.html grin (ok i'm sorry) but let's end this thing.

like samson said "I had fun arguing here."
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by DualCore1: 7:30pm On May 24, 2009
so whts the fight about now? who better pass who abi? tht's wht its always about here anyway.
i'm thinking the only way to end this would be to hold weekly or monthly web design/dev competitions.
yea yea yea this would help sharpen skills but i really would like something like that to put everyone in his/her place and it will make everyone talk with respect.
no be wen i talk one thing, one small html boi go follow put mouth, come dey drive rough on top grin
i kid (not). tongue
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 24, 2009
@remoranger,

Nice websites, i guess you have a thing for search bars

and ur photoshop brushes need some scaling before use, maybe doubling it
Re: Re-branding Nigeria Website by remoranger(m): 10:00pm On May 24, 2009
@webdezzi Thanks. I Don't use photoshop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Online Payment Gateway In Nigeria? / Simple Truths All Nigeria Bloggers Must Face For Success In Blogging! / Websites And Browser Compatibilty Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.