Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter (1652 Views)

Symbol Of Justice In Nigeria Leans On Stick For Support / Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Afokesco(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
Former United States President Jimmy Carter has poured encomiums on Nigeria’s former President Goodluck Jonathan. The 39th US President described Jonathan as a symbol of democracy on the African continent. He made the remark while receiving Jonathan at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum located at the Carter Center in Atlanta. They were said to have held a fruitful meeting at the Carter Center where they held a wide-ranging discussion on global issues and shared views on how to promote peace, democracy and good governance in Africa and the world. Speaking on Jonathan’s time in office, Carter said: “President Goodluck Jonathan is the symbol of democracy in action. You set an example that other African leaders should follow.” The former American President also praised Jonathan for organizing a transparent election and easily conceding defeat and handing over to the opposition. By so doing, he said that Jonathan showed his deep democratic commitment. Responding, Jonathan said that his actions while in office were informed by his belief in a peaceful, transparent and people-oriented governance, adding that Africa can only move forward through democracy and good governance. He commended President Carter for the exemplary manner he had in his post- presidential life, adding that he was inspired by Carter’s commitment to causes that advance the path of humanity. Jonathan and Carter share a common experience as one term Presidents and have both retired involuntarily from politics while rededicating their lives towards making the world a better place. They both agreed that peaceful and stable government increase foreign direct investment and sustainable development. The Carter Center is a nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization founded in 1982 by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn Carter and guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering. It seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health. Jonathan has been visiting many strategic pro-democracy institutions where he had been invited to share his experience in office as a promoter of democracy and advocate of good governance in Africa. He had so far been hosted by the Presidential Precinct in Virginia, John Kennedy School of Government, King Center as well as the Carter Center. While visiting the Presidential Precinct in Charlottesville Virginia, last week Jonathan assured the international community that African leaders were displaying more commitment to democracy and good governance, as a means of engendering sustainable development an improving the lives of the people. He is scheduled to speak a long side with Former US Secretary of State Johnnie Carson about elections, peace and democracy at the National Democratic Institute, and Howard University in Washington DC.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by moderation2020: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
THE LEGEND, THE INDOMITABLE LION OF THE BLACK RACE, THE AMACRICOROCORO OF IJAW KINGDOM, INFACT GEJ IS THE MANDELA OF OUR TIME. Q.E.D

may you live longer than the longer, may you become stronger than the strongest, may daysis be highly enlongated, may your children nevef resemble your your landlord.
infact madam bring one bottle for oga Jona

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by tolexy007(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
b
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by mazzi: 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
M
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by ewigmee: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good name is better than silver and gold - a lesson for the youth.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
if jonathan is truly the symbol of democracy in Africa then Africa is doomed forever.

i shudder to think of what Nigeria would have become right now if the clueless otuoke idi*ot had been voted in again.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by speedyGonzales: 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
god! he is very white! well, hope president carter's cancer treatments goes well...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by erunz(m): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
My mentor God will continue to uplift u

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Tallesty1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ioannes:
if jonathan is truly the symbol of democracy in Africa then Africa is doomed forever.

i shudder to think of what Nigeria would have become right now if the clueless otuoke idi*ot had been voted in again.
Can't you make your point without insulting a man who's old enough to be your father?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by LesbianBoy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ioannes:

It shall not be well with you! FOOL! Werey rey o!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by urbanmonk: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
"Jimmy Carter is a white wailer" - Femi Adesina
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
I've always known that this man's worth will be known when he leaves office. Soon, he will be made the UN Chief in our own eyes.

1. Buhari adopts Gej's treasury single account strategy.
2. Buhari inspects peugeot cars manufactured in Nigeria, a feat achieved by Gej without media hype.
3. Buhari continues with Gej's subsidy payments, an act he vehemently condemned but have realised it's the only way out for now.

Please help me count numerous others.undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ioannes:

Hopeless and disgruntled element from the Southwest. Because GEJ is not from your poverty infested yorobastards region?

GEJ IS GOING PLACES AND REMAINS NO 1 DEMOCRACY ICON IN AFRICA.
Unlike apeman called obasanjo who wanted a third term in office as the Zoogerian president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Agwoden(m): 12:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Ioannes:

Kai! e pain am ooo. Anyway the lagoon is always there for your type.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by 4Kemzy(m): 1:01am On Nov 20, 2015
Good talk from man wey sabi @Carter. Goodluck remains the father of Africa's Democracy.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by swagaholic: 1:41am On Nov 20, 2015
My hero grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2015
Agwoden:
Kai! e pain am ooo. Anyway the lagoon is always there for your type.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2015
masterpower:

Hopeless and disgruntled element from the Southwest. Because GEJ is not from your poverty infested yorobastards region?

GEJ IS GOING PLACES AND REMAINS NO 1 DEMOCRACY ICON IN AFRICA.
Unlike apeman called obasanjo who wanted a third term in office as the Zoogerian president.

gutter-bred with gutter language. go find your type on this forum and sod off.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 20, 2015
LesbianBoy:

It shall not be well with you! FOOL! Werey rey o!

pocket your curse and distribute it to your family members at home. they need it badly. omo ale.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 20, 2015
Tallesty1:
Can't you make your point without insulting a man who's old enough to be your father?

thats funny. because in saner climes he will either be cooling his heels in jail or if he was unlucky to be in china he would be dead by now. you dont know me so you dont know my father's age e-diot. not everybody here is a teenager like you.

now run along.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by tomakint: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
....and just like that this great man has turned into a Global Citizen with class, dining with those that matters in the scheme of things. What he couldn't achieve as a sitting President God gave him as a former President.....he suddenly rose from being tagged clueless by the ungrateful "15 million Nigerians who never saw anything good in his humble approach to thorny issues" to an International Speaker, motivator, ambassador of peace, humanitarian, Darling of heads of States across the world. I can wager, Jonathan is being positioned for a position of Global Status by the International Community......I just love the simple life and the edifying smile of this Great Son of Africa.
Note: Obasanjo will definitely go paranoid with this edifying and cheering news.
Moral of this piece, no matter what people say about you don't let it bother you but press further with your good intentions and God will take care of the rest.

Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Tallesty1(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2015
Ioannes:

thats funny. because in saner climes he will either be cooling his heels in jail or if he was unlucky to be in china he would be dead by now. you dont know me so you dont know my father's age e-diot. not everybody here is a teenager like you.

now run along.
Oh Really?

So you're an adult?

I am so sorry if you're not a teenager and I suggest you go for a brain surgery since your skull is too weak to support normal automatic brain upgrade. The doctors there will need to do it manually because there's an urgent need to replace your childish brain with that of an adult before you disgrace yourself the more.

You reason like a fool's closest neighbour to be honest, you said that I don't know you enough to tell your father's age but you know me enough to tell that I am still a teenager?

Ode.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 20, 2015
Tallesty1:
Oh Really?

So you're an adult?

I am so sorry if you're not a teenager and I suggest you go for a brain surgery since your skull is too weak to support normal automatic brain upgrade. The doctors there will need to do it manually because there's an urgent need to replace your childish brain with that of an adult before you disgrace yourself the more.

You reason like a fool's closest neighbour to be honest, you said that I don't know you enough to tell your father's age but you know me enough to tell that I am still a teenager?

Ode.

you can sod off now.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 20, 2015
Nigerians are unfortunate people.

People like Jonathan are propped up for them by the Western world white supremacists as role model, when in actual fact they are laughing at us.

He lost an election what would he have done before? Sit tight? when he knew what happened to Gbagbo and wife.

We just keep celebrating mediocrity and we wonder why smaller countries in Africa are better than Nigeria.

A state governor sinks a borehole somewhere you see people screaming messiah.

he patches a road somewhere, the unfortunate people want to die for him.

People wake up. these guys are giving you crumbs of a crumb's crumb.

Most Nigerians have never left the country to saner climes so they may not understand what quality life should look like.

so unfortunate. lets see how many unfortunate human beings will insult me instead of digesting this and thanking me later
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by tomakint: 10:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Ioannes:
Nigerians are unfortunate people.

People like Jonathan are propped up for them by the Western world white supremacists as role model, when in actual fact they are laughing at us.

He lost an election what would he have done before? Sit tight? when he knew what happened to Gbagbo and wife.

We just keep celebrating mediocrity and we wonder why smaller countries in Africa are better than Nigeria.

A state governor sinks a borehole somewhere you see people screaming messiah.

he patches a road somewhere, the unfortunate people want to die for him.

People wake up. these guys are giving you crumbs of a crumb's crumb.

Most Nigerians have never left the country to saner climes so they may not understand what quality life should look like.

so unfortunate. lets see how many unfortunate human beings will insult me instead of digesting this and thanking me later

It is very certain you are lonely undecided see as you carry Jonathan matter for head like box of gala. APC lied their way to power yet you cannot start judging the wrong steps Buhari's administration took right from May 29 but that gentleman that handed over peacefully to him and now being recognized globally is your problem shocked shocked you definitely need a shrink.
Cc: Lalasticlala another frontpage worthy piece
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
tomakint:

It is very certain you are lonely undecided see as you carry Jonathan matter for head like box of gala. APC lied their way to power yet you cannot start judging the wrong steps Buhari's administration took right from May 29 but that gentleman that handed over peacefully to him and now being recognized globally is your problem shocked shocked you definitely need a shrink.
Cc: Lalasticlala another frontpage worthy piece

nope am not lonely, everybody cant be like you.

i should start judging a man who just got to power and leave the embezzler and clueless one who was there for 6years. you need to go treat yourself. get a cure before it gets out of hand.
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by ahaika23: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
Bad news for the APC leeches!
Re: Jonathan Symbol Of Democracy In Africa – Carter by MadCow1: 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
ahaika23:
Bad news for the APC leeches!

Becaue Jimmy carter said it.. grin

Is this how desperate things have gotten in the PDP?

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike's Plan To Escape! / Justice C C Nweze In The Panel: Ugwuanyi vs Ayogu Eze / DSS Detains Ex-colonel Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.