Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies (23450 Views)

Fayose Faults Buhari Christmas Bonus For Workers / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Charles Soludo has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to abandon what he termed the ‘old Buharinomics’ if he must bring about the desired change in the country.

Soludo made the call while delivering a lecture at the Realnews third annual lecture in Lagos on Thursday which he titled ‘Avoiding the mistakes of the last Buharinomics’.

Soludo said there seemed to be a perception of the sense of nostalgia, a thing about command and control regime battling with what is required in a competitive market economy worldwide.

He said: ‘the element of the old ‘Buharinomics’ that we need to change include Fix exchange rate, fix capital control, import bans and forex rationing”.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/soludo-faults-buharis-economic-policies/120283.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by LRNZH(m): 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
More like Soludo criticisms of Emefiele's policies.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by mozel247: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
That is just the truth

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by EternalTruths: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buhari the confused President cool

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
How many Soludo's do we have in Nigeria?

Okay we have one on Nairaland and he's on front page saying the opposite of this thread

8 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by divinehand2003(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Another paper that leads no where. Okonji did her own rebasing of the Nigerian economy on paper without its actual rebasing in reality. We are tired of paper economics

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Prof Charles Soludo had been heavily critical of the economic policies of the Jonathan administration. His criticism had been published as newspaper articles in major news dailies of numerous occasions. The Jonathan administration had in turn attempted to witch hunt the former CBN governor by using the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] to harass and embarrass him. The EFCC was successfully used to derail the 2012 gubernatorial aspiration of the former CBN governor. The EFCC finally cleared the former CBN governor of all wrong doing in February 2015.

Don't mind him he was busy criticizing the past administration but I guess when OBJ recommenddation fell on deaf ears he dey talk a new one again.

Available information indicates that the former Central Bank of Nigeria [CBN] Governor, Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo may have been presented by the former president of Nigeria, General Olusegun Obasanjo as the possible Minister of Finance for the Buhari administration. Prof. Soludo had served as a member of the economic team for the Obasanjo administration prior to becoming the governor of the CBN.

Soludo’s presentation to the incoming administration as the likely minister of finance is reported to have raised eyebrows within the inner circles of the All Progressive Congress [APC] – who explained that Soludo remains a card carrying member of the All Progressive Grand Alliance [APGA]. He complained that Soludo cannot be allowed to reap where he did not sow. The main chieftain of the party, Bola Tinubu is said to be among the APC members who were skeptical about Soludo’s possible appointment as Finance minister.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
LRNZH:
More like Soludo criticisms of Emefiele's policies.

He said: ‘the element of the old ‘Buharinomics’
Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Kyase(m): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
EternalTruths:
Buhari the confused President cool
When he talked about gej you insulted him.
Now you change gear.

15 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Mogidi: 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
He said: ‘the element of the old ‘Buharinomics’ that we need to change include Fix exchange rate, fix capital control, import bans and forex rationing”.

He's not alone in the criticisms, most financial gurus would agree with him on this one.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by saint047(m): 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Two things I don't understand
1. Why was there no FEC Meeting yesterday? 2. Why is there official silence on this news of missing soldiers?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by bolabolakemi(f): 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked
Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by kestolove95(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Sharap cox u knw gt minister u don dey vex...see ur head biafra man

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Okanokan(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Wetin he want make we TALK!
Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
Kyase:

When he talked about gej you insulted him.
Now you change gear.

In criticizing Jonathan he was contradicting himself...How can someone who had the worst economic team achieve the under listed according to Soludo himself?...
But, according to statistics from NBS, the PDP handed over a $550 billion economy (largest in Africa and 26th in the world), with 7.5% unemployment rate (better than European Union, France, Sweden, Belgium, etc although the underemployment figure is much higher); 32%?? poverty rate (as claimed by the former Finance Minister, or 61%??: NBS needs to clarify this claim); a stock of reserves of $30 billion; GDP growth rate averaging 6% over last 12 years; a relatively more diversified economy, with ICT penetration from 0.2% to over 60%, and a new contributory pension scheme now with trillions of Naira in pension fund. “Our external debt is down although total debt stock is escalating.

Our Gini coefficient (degree of inequality) is not different from China’s. Nigeria has consolidated and stronger banking system that currently finances both government debt and the private sector, with a relatively vibrant capital market. The capitalization of the Nigerian Stock Exchange grew from less than N1 trillion to N12 trillion as at handover. For the first time, Nigerian economy is now rated by credit rating agencies (Fitch, and Standard and Poor’s).”

He told us where TI rated Nigeria but didn't tell us where they rated us in 2015 under Jonathan...

He told us he should have saved more because his predecessor did save but failed to tell us that Jonathan had about 150% wage increase for civil servants and NYSC...

Hatred makes people lose sense of reasoning... unfortunately truth like smoke will always find its way out with time...Just like buhari is continuing Jonathan agricultural innovation eg dry season farming using rice...auto policy etc wink

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by speedyGonzales: 11:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
OH! SO SOMEONE FINALLY TOLD HIM THE ALREADY SELECTED THE MINISTER...?

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by ITbomb(m): 12:17am On Nov 20, 2015
holyFRED:
How many Soludo's do we have in Nigeria?

Okay we have one on Nairaland and he's on front page saying the opposite of this thread
That must have been Chukwuma Soludo before the selection of ministers, this is Charles Soludo after the swearing in of ministers grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 20, 2015
ITbomb:

That must have been Chukwuma Soludo before the selection of ministers, this is Charles Soludo after the swearing in of ministers grin
Guy abeg nigt don reach.
I no want wake my neighbours with laugh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by LastSurvivor: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2015
Buhari and soludo are simply confused old folks with one more confused than the other. .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Amaso99(m): 12:30am On Nov 20, 2015
When you been dey there wetin you do? Who you help! Nonsense
Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by biafranqueen: 4:58am On Nov 20, 2015
saint047:
Two things I don't understand

1. Why was there no FEC Meeting yesterday?
2. Why is there official silence on this news of missing soldiers?
They claim they all made it home safely it was in Vangurad

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by biafranqueen: 5:00am On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

In criticizing Jonathan he was contradicting himself...How can someone who had the worst economic team achieve the under listed according to Soludo himself?...

He told us where TI rated Nigeria but didn't tell us where they rated us in 2015 under Jonathan...

He told us he should have saved more because his predecessor did save but failed to tell us that Jonathan had about 150% wage increase for civil servants and NYSC...

Hatred makes people lose sense of reasoning... unfortunately truth like smoke will always find its way out with time...Just like buhari is continuing Jonathan agricultural innovation eg dry season farming using rice...auto policy etc wink
Why is it so hard for APC to give GEJ credit? If you don't appreciate what you have how can you expect to do better. They are cursing themselves by not excepting and continuing the great policies GEJs administration pushed through.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by biafranqueen: 5:01am On Nov 20, 2015
ITbomb:

grin grin grin
You read my mind!

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 20, 2015
Soludo is becoming restless...This minute he criticises GEJs team and faults Buharis Policy. No disrespect Here Sir, but do take a chill pill, I wonder why he's fighting for relevance, perhaps he feels hurt that Ngozi landed a huge portfolio

I am not trying to be partisan here but I kind of liked the stability that came with GEJ in some Sectors and areas of national life. I never had to pay 350 for a litre of petrol....

I had hoped PMB having toiled for twelve long years for the job would have the chops and know how to tackle Nigerias problem. I looked forward to real change but alas the feelers out there can send shivers down your spine. "Boko overtakes Isis" so we are in the record books again on a truly monumental scale. But in the not so distant past when we graced the record books it was for something positive “Africa's largest economy" a 500B behemoth. That news was uplifting, recent news? Certified Kill Joys.

21 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 5:15am On Nov 20, 2015
divinehand2003:
Another paper that leads no where. Okonji did her own rebasing of the Nigerian economy on paper without its actual rebasing in reality. We are tired of paper economics
So you think the Western economic team that accepted the rebasing were fools or bribed by Jonathan. What was not real about it?

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 5:17am On Nov 20, 2015
Mogidi:

He's not alone in the criticisms, most financial gurus would agree with him on this one.
Absolutely!

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by FreeGlobe(f): 5:23am On Nov 20, 2015
biafranqueen:

Why is it so hard for APC to give GEJ credit? If you don't appreciate what you have how can you expect to do better. They are cursing themselves by not excepting and continuing the great policies GEJs administration pushed through.
madam, your master peter obi's lies have been finally busted by obiano, everyone has now realised he is not the saint he claims to be. Just like most former governors he left Anambra state in so much debt and he indeed was borrowing money while claiming he was saving for the state. I wonder why you smartly avoided the topic? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 5:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Soludo said that?
Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Bitterleafsoup: 5:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Ravenwolf:
I am not trying to be partisan here but I kind of liked the stability that came with GEJ in some Sectors and areas of national life. I never had to pay 350 for a litre of petrol....

I had hoped PMB having toiled for twelve long years for the job would have the chops and know how to tackle Nigerias problem. I looked forward to real change but alas the feelers out there can send shivers down your spine. "Boko overtakes Isis" so we are in the record books again on a truly monumental scale. But in the not so distant past when we graced the record books it was for something positive “Africa's largest economy" a 500B behemoth. That news was uplifting, recent news? Certified Kill Joys.

Your right about that. I remember how I felt so excited when I read Nissian and Kia signed contracts to manufacture cars in Nigeria. So many jobs!
That contract was cancelled and the used car tariff lowered again to encourage importation of cars from US. Most people did not know that Nigeria was one of the top destination for cars exported out of the states.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 20, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
Your right about that. I remember how I felt so excited when I read Nissian and Kia signed contracts to manufacture cars in Nigeria. So many jobs!
That contract was cancelled and the used car tariff lowered again to encourage importation of cars from US. Most people did not know that Nigeria was one of the top destination for cars exported out of the states.

Propaganda soured our people's thinking...

I think most of us haven't realised the enormous power our huge market and growing economy holds. It is our ticket to economic freedom for every citizen because if such policies are enforced on a wider scale we would achieve self reliance in a lot of sectors, but just like the proverbial way they say you have to eat an elephant, one bit at a go, this time it would be one policy/sector at time. Such excellent policies but the evil ones with their propaganda machines sullied our support.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by kernel501: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2015
Buhari: "The Confused One"

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Faults Buhari's Economic Policies by ggajjahk: 7:18am On Nov 20, 2015
under Jonathan...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buratai Hometown Under Bokoharam Attack / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Governor Aregbesola Checking Out Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.