Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri (49190 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
oluamid:

We all know that the term 'Yoruba' is relatively new and loosely used to describe the peoples who live in south western Nigeria. The real question is: Do the Ilaje trace their history to Ife (the ancestral home of the Yorubas) or not? That, I think, will put paid to the issue once and for all.

Yes ilajes traced their history to ife
Who created ife?
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by oluamid(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
dejavski:

Who created ife?

Then Ilajes are Yoruba. EOD.

Except you want them to be something else which you have the right to.

How would I know who created Ife? I wasn't there grin. But history says Ife has always been even before Oduduwa 'descended' from wherever he descended from.

7 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytecat: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nice!
I was surprised to see any part of ondo on biafra map until yesterday, Now I know.
Biafra is still being pushed, no one knows the way it's going but we have seen the maps, and if what I've read here is anything to go by, when nigeria splits ilaje of ondo will be in the republic of niger delta if they don't go with biafra. That's important for we Yoruba to know now because non Yoruba must not be allowed in the new Yoruba country.
dejavski:

Yasere - king spokesperson/second in command
Logbosere - kingmaker
Oliha - chief priest

NB: as an ijebu person that you are we have no qualms with you people as we r one
One love
@ the bolded ilaje was and has never been part of biafra...it's a fictional map...though ilaje was under Benin Kingdom back then.
Was there anything like biafra in the 19th century?
I doubt

1 Like

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by yamunla(m): 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
Soxxy:
How about the Ikales and Benin people? any similarities?

Will be very elated if someone could give me answer to this cos I saw some benin people while praying.

Am from Ikale.
You are not from ikale...YOU ARE IKALE...#Same here too
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros na complete thrashing we inflict on Madrid. I pray theu survive relegation grin

C ronaldo killed the game.. he was just too selfish and greedy..
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by Odunharry(m): 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
Elebiju:
he has a long list to choose fromAbealala Abereke Aboto ilepete Agerige
Agba
Agbala
Agbala Olopemeji
Ago Doroh Ago Ijebu
Ago Ikuebolati Ago Lulu Ago Olomidegun Akata Araromi
Aruwayo Asisa Atijere Aiyetoro
Betiegbofo Broke Camp Ebute Ipare Ehin - Osa Elegboro Ereke Ereke Majofodun Ereke Makuleyi Erunna Ikorigho Erunna Isale Erunna Atia Erunna Odun Erunna Ero
Etigho Ewa
Gbabijo Holy Centre
Ibila Ideghele
Idi Egben
IdI OGBA Igbegunrin Igbo - Okuta Igbobi Igbokoda igboedu Igbolomi Igogun Ikale Camp Ilefifun
Iloro Ilu Sosi Imoluwa Ipepe
Ita - Age Italita Camp Itebukunmi Job Camp Korolo Kugbonre Kurugbene Legha Lerenren Logede Camp Madagbayi Magbehinwa Magbojuri Mahin Mahintedo Maran Moferere Mogunyanje Motiala Motoro Obinehin
Ode Etikan Odun Akitubuwa
Odun Oloja Odun Oluma Odun Oroyo Odunmogun Ogorogo Ohaketa Camp Ojan Oke Etigho Okishilo Okesiri
Okoga Okunniyi Olosunmeta Olopo
Opolo Orere - Ara Oribero Orimoloye Orioke Iwamimo Oriranyin Orofin Camp Oropo Zion Oroto Oroyomi Pete-Inu Piawo Ramasilo Seja Odo Seja Oke Seluwa Tedo Camp Temidire
Tomoloju Tomoloju Camp Ugbo Ugbonla Obe-idapĆ³ Obe-nla Obe-Ogbaro Apata-Ilaje Uhapen Upare Zion Ipepe
Zion Gbabijo Zion Igbokoda Zion Mahintedo Zion Ogogoro Mine is abealala and ebute ipare.
rep idi ogba ati igbokoda
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by onuwaje(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
dejavski:

Someone that prosperity befits
One uwa je grin
mine s onetuwaje (someone who eats wealth
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by Ilaje44(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Elebiju:
ayemafughe......

Se wo ba Elebiju ti Ketu (Eko) tan?
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
wytecat:
Nice!
I was surprised to see any part of ondo on biafra map until yesterday, Now I know.
Biafra is still being pushed, no one knows the way it's going but we have seen the maps, and if what I've read here is anything to go by, when nigeria splits ilaje of ondo will be in the republic of niger delta if they don't go with biafra. That's important for we Yoruba to know now because non Yoruba must not be allowed in the new Yoruba country.

A united oduduwa republic will consist of all who have ties and history with oduduwa
That means the likes of Benin empire of old will be in that map

Benin Empire consists of present day South Ogun, Ondo some parts of delta

1 Like

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
onuwaje:
mine s onetuwaje (someone who eats wealth

Oh that's cool....it looks kinda similar in context
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
oluamid:

Then Ilajes are Yoruba. EOD.

Except you want them to be something else which you have the right to.

How would I know who created Ife? I wasn't there grin. But history says Ife has always been even before Oduduwa 'descended' from wherever he descended from.

OYo-ruba existed before the pre-ife era
Ileife was created by Oduduwa when he arrived ife. Read more on the great Benin Kingdom

NB: Oduduwa did not fall from any sky. It's all fallacy. Oduduwa came from the eastern part of the then yoruba community

1 Like

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by onuwaje(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
dejavski:

Oh that's cool....it looks kinda similar in context
Very
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by Zeus777: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
dejavski:

Ileife was created by Oduduwa when he arrived ife. Read more on the great Benin Kingdom

NB: Oduduwa did not fall from any sky. It's all fallacy. Oduduwa came from the eastern part of the then yoruba community
just like Jesus rising up to the skies or Mohammed flying on a winged horse are all fallacies . .. Or what do u think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytcat: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
It's not going to happen! Nothing will stop us from having a true Yoruba nation once this is over. The land where 'kaa ro o ji ree' is the standard. All Yoruba blood.

Any group that can't say they are a Yoruba subgroup will not be allowed in the Yoruba nation, in fact it will be the first requirement to be in our new country. You will be either be with biafra or ijaw/Nigerdelta to Lord it over you.

You must be insane to mention ogun as part of your poultry empire. Did you hit your head in a bike accident or you have just been certified a lunatic? I don't play that shhitt! Don't ever bring your nonsense to ogun again! In ogun, we ride horses to shoo you and no one rides a roach to ours.

dejavski:

A united oduduwa republic will consist of all who have ties and history with oduduwa
That means the likes of Benin empire of old will be in that map

Benin Empire consists of present day South Ogun, Ondo some parts of delta

3 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytcat: 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Yoruba created Ile ife

Where are you from? I hope you are from a tribe you are proud of and can say out loud.
Oya say the name of your tribe!

dejavski:

Who created ife?

2 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
wytcat:
Yoruba created Ile ife

Oduduwa created ile-ife
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
Zeus777:
just like Jesus rising up to the skies or Mohammed flying on a winged horse are all fallacies . .. Or what do u think?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
wytcat:
It's not going to happen! Nothing will stop us from having a true Yoruba nation once this is over. The land where 'kaa ro o ji ree' is the standard. All Yoruba blood.

Any group that can't say they are a Yoruba subgroup will not be allowed in the Yoruba nation, in fact it will be the first requirement to be in our new country. You will be either be with biafra or ijaw/Nigerdelta to Lord it over you.

You must be insane to mention ogun as part of your poultry empire. Did you hit your head in a bike accident or you have just been certified a lunatic? I don't play that shhitt! Don't ever bring your nonsense to ogun again! In ogun, we ride horses to shoo you and no one rides a roach to ours.

Ok
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
wytcat:
Yoruba created Ile ife

Where are you from? I hope you have a tribe you are proud of and can say out loud.
Oya say the name of your tribe!

Ilaje-ugbo
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytcat: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
You can't create a place you met other people. People had lived for thousands of years in Ile Ife before oduduwa.
dejavski:

Oduduwa created ile-ife

3 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytcat: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
You are not!
You can't be ilaje or itsekiri, I know when I'm reading from those two. You are a 'bini' who has been lost for long in ugbo-ilaje territory.
dejavski:

Ilaje-ugbo

3 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
wytcat:
You are not!

Ilepete community
Ilaje - ugbo
N'udi oghonne
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by oluamid(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
dejavski:

Wait, is there a difference between Ife and Ile Ife? Because, how could Oduduwa create Ile Ife if he arrived Ife.

Please enlighten me.

4 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytcat: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
No, I don't believe you!
Your comments are that of a desperate Edo who has a lot to lose when nigeria splits, and risk being conquered by ijaws or ibos.
dejavski:

Ilepete community
Ilaje - ugbo
N'udi oghonne

3 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by dejavski(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
wytcat:
No, I don't believe you!
Your comments are that of a desperate Edo who has a lot to lose when nigeria splits, and risk being conquered by ijaws or ibos.

Me ne iru yi mo gha fo hun re angry
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by wytcat: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
Yeah! Keep with a burrowed language!
Ipenlapekun ajala mo oruwo re!
E ni daa re!
dejavski:

Me ne iru yi mo gha fo hun re angry

1 Like

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by Ilaje44(m): 6:23am On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=Odunharry post=40280626]
Just hearing that of Seyi law and akpororo... [/quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRhde_Tljk]
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by macof(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Bolaadu:
Ijebu say Dede too, ijebu and ilaje are more similar Dan isekiri

True! Ijebu and Ilaje are the most identical, Itsekiri would make it 3

The Ijebu, Ilaje and Ondo area used to be inhabited by the same people. Until new waves of migration from different places created different identities among them. . . And itsekiri was inhabited first by Ijebu/Ilaje people before the Edo prince established his dynasty over them

3 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by macof(m): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
jerome4u:
History says that the itsekiri are frm edo, but as a itsekiri man I understand yoruba to an extent, nut I don,t understand jack in edo language, hw come. Itsekiri,s understand yoruba and they don,t understand edo which history says itsekiri are from.

Because itsekiri are from Ijebu/Ilaje with a king from Edo

3 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by macof(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
scholes0:

It is on record that Ekiti, Ijesha, Ikale, Ilaje, Akure, Ogho (Owo), Ijebu, Akokos, Okun/Yagba and other Yoruba groups of the Eastern half, were never under the Oyo empire.

Some parts of Ekiti was...many other parts under Bini.
unless we don't consider Efon and Imesi as Ijesa(because they are in Ekiti state), because Efon and Imesi were under Oyo empire at some point

2 Likes

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by Elebiju: 11:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ilaje44:

Se wo ba Elebiju ti Ketu (Eko) tan?
you sabi person jare,that is where I reside and for your info, elebiju e pe meji. Okansoso agha.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri by iamwrong(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I love itsekiri women. I have an itsekiri friend called Misan. This babe fine like foreign witch. Nice article bros. Lalasticala and the mods show move this ASAP to the front page.

Seems i might be familiar with this your 'Misan' cheesy as well..... lives in Abj, surname starts with an 'E' and light skinned right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of Emir Palaces In The North, Where Tradition And Modernity Blend Well / Nigerian Ladies Are Beautiful! (pictures) / Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.