Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Why Are You A Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You A Christian? (2477 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Image123(m): 11:08pm On May 24, 2009
When will people stop being so full of themselves? The requirement for life is that if any man thirst, let him come and drink FREELY. Salvation is so free. Humble yourself Chrisbenogor, Mazaje, Bindex, Huxley, Bastage, Duduspace and others.
John 3v14,15
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up. That whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Herein lies the basis for being a Christian. In there is why we all must be christians. Judgement is coming on the human race. The human race has being, as it were, bitten by the serpent and set to perish. But Jesus Messiah has come to save us ALL. What we should all do is to look and live, look to Jesus lifted up on the cross and live.
Complaining about why we were allowed to be bitten, and postulating theories and laws will not save us from our present predicament. What will save us is to look up and live. Its not difficult to look up. It doesn't cost anything. Don't be fooled by pride. How is it that the cure is simply to look up and someone is too proud to look up, and would rather die angry with God and with Moses! Beats me. Don't be full of yourself and knowledge. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by mazaje(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2009
Image123:

When will people stop being so full of themselves? The requirement for life is that if any man thirst, let him come and drink FREELY. Salvation is so free. Humble yourself Chrisbenogor, Mazaje, Bindex, Huxley, Bastage, Duduspace and others.
John 3v14,15
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up. That whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Herein lies the basis for being a Christian. In there is why we all must be christians. Judgement is coming on the human race. The human race has being, as it were, bitten by the serpent and set to perish. But Jesus Messiah has come to save us ALL. What we should all do is to look and live, look to Jesus lifted up on the cross and live.
Complaining about why we were allowed to be bitten, and postulating theories and laws will not save us from our present predicament. What will save us is to look up and live. Its not difficult to look up. It doesn't cost anything. Don't be fooled by pride. How is it that the cure is simply to look up and someone is too proud to look up, and would rather die angry with God and with Moses! Beats me. Don't be full of yourself and knowledge.

what is all this drivel? grin how has this made any sense? the human race have been bitten by a snake eh? can you see how delusional you are? what evidence do you have that it's the god of the bible and that belief in jesus christ saves you from divine wrath? what if it's allah? what if it's Zeus? what if it's buddah? why are all religions so anti knowledge? why is the biblegod so afraid and angry with knowledge?

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God.

and i say blessed are the foolish and the gullible who can not reason for themselves for they shall continue to live in fear. by the way did your god tell you this himself or did you just read it somewhere? why does god have to be a he? do you remember anything before your were born? sure you don't, then why do speak as if you know what was happening when everything came into existence? do you have video tape?
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:51am On May 25, 2009
Stop being full of yourself Image123, just cut out the whole boring quoting of the bible thing and try to make sense of what you are saying. Sometimes I think you are just a kid stuck in a room with a torn bible and a computer that is firewalled to connect only to the religion section in nairaland.
Blaming you for your current predicament would be the same as running after a madman for eating from a dump. Sadly you have been wired to see the world the way you do, GIVE IT A BREAK!
You know there's ways to reboot the human system, you should try electroshock therapy and see if you would become a christian zombie again.
Cheers cheesy
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Image123(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2009
O my gads! Almost ignited armageddon. Advice is to cringe as I await the reply of the others. The presence of Christ truly brings out the antichrist vent in atheists. Mazaje's so full of questions and confusions. The reason why Jesus is the way is because He is the way. Now before that throws you off the chair, let me add that true followers of Christ have KNOWN Christ. They've experienced the new life. Its a definite experience and change. Others around have seen a real transformation as to agree that this one has received something (in this case Jesus).
I'm not against knowledge. Its just that you have the wrong knowledge. You remind of sometime ago when I was to write an exam. There was this mate who wasn't reading with us, who said his brain was full. He went on to fail although his brain was full. Thats why I'm telling you not to be too full of yourself and of 'knowledge'. What you know and you're so full of may not even be part of the syllabus. If you'll humble yourself and give room/space for real knowledge, you'll be saved from the wrath to come. The serpent I'm alluding to is the Devil who has stung men with sin. Your Bible knowledge is so poor, yet you try to force your views about it on others. You can read Matthew 5v3 and more if perhaps it would give you some tranquility.

@chrisbenogor
Are you a clown or a comedian? Your post was very funny.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Image123(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2009
O my gads! Almost ignited armageddon. Advice is to cringe as I await the reply of the others. The presence of Christ truly brings out the antichrist vent in atheists. Mazaje's so full of questions and confusions. The reason why Jesus is the way is because He is the way. Now before that throws you off the chair, let me add that true followers of Christ have KNOWN Christ. They've experienced the new life. Its a definite experience and change. Others around have seen a real transformation as to agree that this one has received something (in this case Jesus).
I'm not against knowledge. Its just that you have the wrong knowledge. You remind of sometime ago when I was to write an exam. There was this mate who wasn't reading with us, who said his brain was full. He went on to fail although his brain was full. Thats why I'm telling you not to be too full of yourself and of 'knowledge'. What you know and you're so full of may not even be part of the syllabus. If you'll humble yourself and give room/space for real knowledge, you'll be saved from the wrath to come. The serpent I'm alluding to is the Devil who has stung men with sin. Your Bible knowledge is so poor, yet you try to force your views about it on others. You can read Matthew 5v3 and more if perhaps it would give you some tranquility.

@chrisbenogor
Are you a clown or a comedian? Your post was very funny.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by mazaje(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2009
Image123:

i at least know the history of the bible, how it was put together by people voting on what they decided to call the word of god and what they decided not to call the word of god. i also know that most of the alleged authors of the bible NEVER wrote any thing in the bible and i know that there was no bible until after about 350years after the death of jesus. the gospels were written at least 40-90years after the alleged events the were narrating, by non eye witness. paul letters were written before about 20 years before the first gospel and all the gospels were written based on pauls reflection and defination of who jesus was, the jesus he NEVER meet in person.

most of the epistels were second centuary forgeries who were written by very educated greek speaking christians not the illetrate disciples of jesus who was just an ordinary person that was later turned into a deity by paul and his cronies. by the way if the bible were divinely inspired, and expected to be believed by reasonable people, you would certainly expect it to be in line with what you learn through scientific methodinstead all you have is faith(delusion) and no evidence for any of its assertions at all. let me say this again ,the case for christianity is only logical and reasonable to the person who has faith (based on NO facts) that everything about it is true.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Bastage: 9:27pm On May 25, 2009
@ image123

You can stick your judgement up your ass.

Personally, if I am invited into Heaven and I run into any blind drones like you, I'm going to ask The Man to send me downstairs.
Either way, Hell would be being stuck listening to your crap for eternity.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2009
@bastage
200 bucks says image123 still didn't understand what you said, you in?
cheesy
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by duduspace(m): 1:54am On May 27, 2009
@Bastage

Solipsism is quite weird and I doubt you truly beleive it yourself, it doesn't seem to be a very pragmatic philosophy and has already closed any avenue for reconsideration of your beliefs. It is too self centered for my liking. In the spirit of self preservation I would rather be close to an hypocrite like Davidylan than you (I know I would be safe if I pay lip service to his delusions but I could never feel safe near you since your philosophy denies even my very existence).
But you do owe it to us (the make belief creations of your thoughts) to prove the validity of Solipsism.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by duduspace(m): 2:22am On May 27, 2009
Bastage:

My guy, I do not dispute evolution. But I look at it through eyes that judge on the material realism that I exist in. To me, evolution makes sense. Creationism is a literal definition of the Bible that has no foundation in logic.
I mostly agree with you though the evolution theory has gaps to be filled, biblical creationism to me is just like the yoruba theory of creation involving obatala and the expanding sand he brought from heaven or wherever he came from from a rope hanging in the sky.

Bastage:

Within the reality that we exist in we have choices to make. Not always free choices but choices none the less. I am guided to believe that the form in which I exist was created by evolution. But as I mentioned earlier, I try to look beyond the veil. To me, evolution or creationism are just distractions. The real me (and you) are not bound by their physical meanings. The theories of creationism and evolution are only things used to describe our physical being. We exist beyond them.

This isn't exactly a Solipsist's mindset, yu do acknowledge others exist also? Your hypothesis on existence are interesting and cannot be easily waved off but the burden of proof lies with you so I term them beliefs.

Bastage:

I hear you. Bear in mind though that an individual can also be a rabble if he is confused by the many voices in his heart. Christian churches are just the same but on a larger scale if you don't try to exert control over yourself and let them overwhelm you. Any answer lies with you and you alone. Personally, I see the Bible as the most interesting book ever written. I've stated time and time again that one has to study the context in which it was written to understand it though. But even then, it's deeper message can only be defined by you and you alone.
The most interesting collection of books you meant? I agree with most of your other conclusions though.

Bastage:

On a philosophical level there is no difference between belief and knowledge. Again, you only have yourself to judge as the measurement. If you believe in your own judgement then you have a knowledge.

On a philosophical level as defined by your solipsism belief you meant?

Bastage:

What is an unbounded number if it is not infinite? Are you saying that an unbounded number has an end? To me, the number is like Pi - it goes on forever. We know Pi exists and that it is infinite so why can we not apply that same idea to our beliefs?
No I don't mean that an unbounded number has an end, I was only implying that some of our diffferences have to do with terminology. Pi is a mathematical construct with clearly defined attributes necessary for geometric calculations. God isn't necessary for anything. Even if used as a placeholder for the yet unknown origins of existence, most of the attributes associated with it cannot be proven e.g intelligence, existence of a plan e.t.c.
By the way, could you clearly define what your concept of God is and what his/her/its attributes are because it is clear the God you beleive in is not the same one mainstream christianity believes in.
Re: Why Are You A Christian? by Bastage: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
duduspace:

@Bastage

Solipsism is quite weird and I doubt you truly beleive it yourself, it doesn't seem to be a very pragmatic philosophy and has already closed any avenue for reconsideration of your beliefs. It is too self centered for my liking. In the spirit of self preservation I would rather be close to an hypocrite like Davidylan than you (I know I would be safe if I pay lip service to his delusions but I could never feel safe near you since your philosophy denies even my very existence).
But you do owe it to us (the make belief creations of your thoughts) to prove the validity of Solipsism.

On the contrary, Solipsism is the opposite of self-centred and it opens up every avenue.
My philosophy does not deny your existence. In fact you could look at it in a totally different way and say that Solopsism confirms your existence.
The reality of Solipsism is that I could totally discount your existence if I feel the need to do so. Yet I choose not to. I'd personally say that the fact that I believe in you with no absolute proof shows that it's far from self-centred.

After all, I choose to believe in you just as I believe in my God, right? wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Is Love, The Innocent Wouldn't Suffer. / Does Hell Really Exist? / Prophecy: Churches Will Be Turned To Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.