Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data (19274 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues / How To Check The Status Of Your National Identity Card (NIMC) Online / How To Get Your BVN Code Straight From Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by sapientia(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
you want to give mastercard our BVN too grin grin grin
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by darelar(m): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
Amee1:
Second 2 comment. NIM does not produce any identity card 4 d nation. only GEJ & PMB Have d identity card. senate should look into this matter.useless NIMC
you are wrong guy. I have my national ID almost 3 weeks now. It can serve you as atm card but can only be link with access bank for now.
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by charlsecy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Sijo01:
He said that NIMC would obtain the BVN data
from the banks and process them through the
NIMC system to eradicate.....
Another thing I wonder about is how NIMC would know that a given BVN belongs to particular individual.
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by mfm04622: 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
Sijo01:
NIMC system to eradicate duplication before
issuing the National Identification Number (NIN) to
the successful enrollees.

The above paragraph though........ What will happen to the cards that has already be issued?

Nothing. Issued cards remain valid. What he mean by process is compare info from BVN and their own database, where th person have done National Identity card, they will not process new ID card do the person. Where the person have not, no need for the person to do so again
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by mfm04622: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
charlsecy:

Another thing I wonder about is how NIMC would know that a given BVN belongs to particular individual.

Before you are given BVN, they take all your details including your finger print. So they know all about you already
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by donodion(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
Sijo01:

The above paragraph though........ What will happen to the cards that has already be issued?

I scanned through the report after third paragraph as I was irritated.

How much " billions" had been expended on this project that they now have to wait for Bank BVN data..? Too many saboteurs in Nigeria and Nigerians are their own enemy.

It's banks that should be requesting for assistance for verification of their captured data and not the other way round. Pfffft.
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by Sijo01(f): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
donodion:

I scanned through the report after third paragraph as I was irritated.

How much " billions" had been expended on this project that they now have to wait for Bank BVN data..? Too many saboteurs in Nigeria and Nigerians are their own enemy.

It's banks that should be requesting for assistance for verification of their captured data and not the other way round. Pfffft.

Chaiiiii, I never taught of the last paragraph. Smh, it's a pity.
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by Theophrastus(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
Sijo01:

they will just sync the data
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by Theophrastus(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
lomprico:
666 lipsrsealed

Your thinking is shallow maybe it is genetic!
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by lomprico(m): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
Theophrastus:

Your thinking is shallow maybe it is genetic!
And you are a plain, straight fool!
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by satowind(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:

I don wanna believe your the one in the pics
Why
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by satowind(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
godson36:

Who dash dis monkey BANANA ?
Who dash did donkey browsing phone
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by ishiamu(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
satowind:

Why

Cos nobody does that
Re: NIMC Moves To Integrate BVN Data by ASHLAND(m): 3:12am On Nov 21, 2015
That is what I have been thinking, but my thought is beyond that. NIMC don't have to create another number; they should completely adopt the data and the number -- BVN and use it as National Identity Number just as Social Security Number is used for every data in America. That does not put any account at banks at risk. When that is done, the government should compel every person 18+ (working or unemployed) to file tax return yearly; that will expose people e.g (self employed) that are working and claiming that they are unemployed. The overall advantage for the citizen and government would be unlimited: It would be easier for citizen to get loan from bank because their financial information would be easily accessible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your Most Embarrassing Moment This Year / What Are Those Bad Habits Or Things You See People Do?(discussion Thread) / 6 Basic LIFE Skills You Should Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.