Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? (21203 Views)

"Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady / How We Can Reconcile and Restore Our Lost Relationship with God / My Parents Are Treating Me Bad Because I'm An Atheist- Anonym0us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Sprintson(m): 4:44am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.

Let me give u a word of advise my dear, I was a Mass servant same as my bro and I doubled as a choir member too just to tell u how deep I was ;I even served high mass under the now Cardinal Okogie,my ex gf father is a knight but Fastforwd to now in schl I swapped church and I must confess it wasn't the church that changed me rather I had been troubled about the bible and truth rather than church and politics..I now attend Omega Fire Min as am out of lag my ex and siblings attend Daystar christian centre...go home attend catholic avoid bowing down to the blessed sacraments and co,listen to service and try not marrying a catholic since u dnt endorse it anymore...email me on chazereel@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 4:57am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
I'm not being religious,,,i care for my eternity,,i want to please GOD,,,

I am a catholic too. I had my confusions when in was in the university. But the same Holy Spirit you claimed inspired you against the Catholic faith actually proved to me that the catholic faith is true. Everything preached by the Church is supported by the Bible. I can show them to you.

Some say they did not see the light when they were in the Catholic church and I tell them they couldn't see the light because they didn't open their eyes.

Were you a member of the CCRN while you were in the church? If yes, and if the CCRN had a good and well informed leader, you wouldn't have had cause to leave in the first place. It is all about knowledge of the BIBLE and the CATHOLIC CATHECHISM. You cannot know both and still go astray.

The Holy Spirit Will Never Tell You to Leave The Catholic Church!
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 4:59am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic

Kindly stop this nonsense. The Catholic church is a bible believing church. I had my first original encounter with then Holy Spirit right in the Catholic Church!
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:04am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
Wouldn't want to go into much arguments with u @rheether,,,read ur bible thoroughly,,,then compare their doctrines with the bible,,,ull clearly see the difference

Do you have a copy of the Catholic catechism? (I mean the big one). Have you read it? I guess not. So lady, you can't stand here and claim there is difference the catechism and the bible, since you Dont have adequate foundational knowledge to back your claim. Where did you read about the Catholic doctrine? Kindly give me your source.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:09am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic

Since you cannot marry a catholic, it means you will not tolerate your children to become Catholics too. By saying you cannot marry a Catholic, you are already stigmatizing and discriminating. Will the Holy Spirit lead you into discrimination and stigmatization? No. I suspect what is working in you is not the Holy Spirit, but your Human Spirit. You are free to confuse yourself, but Dont confuse others.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:19am On Nov 22, 2015
bastien:
Hmmmmmm

Catholic? World devilish church, covering under the name of the almighty and creator.

It seems ur parents love their church more than they love you, they can easily forget u because of Catholic. Just move on, the Holy Spirit go touch them someday somehow. Cheers

Is it the Holy Spirit that moved you to call the Catholic church the world devilish church? Or is it your blind, thoughtless and unreasonable human spirit? Can you pick out an iota of the Holy Spirit from that your statement?

Your condemnation of the catholic church made you sound more like a blind man; yet, you claimed you rejected the catholic church because there is no Light there. From your comment now, is there any evidence that you have any Light in you, even now that you are not in the catholic Church? No. You still lack self control; yet you claim you are in a bible believing church.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:30am On Nov 22, 2015
ocee31:
He who convinced you can do same to your parents

Her friends [s][convinced/s] confused her and not the Holy Spirit
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:31am On Nov 22, 2015
ocee31:
He who convinced you can do same to your parents

Her friends convinced confused her and not the Holy Spirit
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:38am On Nov 22, 2015
oludyke:
My dear hold on to your belief in the truth. It is part of the price you pay for giving your life to Christ. Our Lord Jesus Christ says as follows in Matthew 10:37-38 "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh the not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." True Christianity comes with a price and this could be part of the price to pay. I can assure you that more are still on the way. But you have to hold on to Him Who has delivered you from the power of darkness and has translated you to the kingdom of His dear Son ( Colossians 1:13). But God is faithful. He is able to keep all that you have committed unto Him against that day (2 Timothy 1:12). Keep on praying for your parents to see the light of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, while holding on to your faith. You will all reconcile one day. I'm speaking out of experience. God bless you.

So, you are comparing the catholic church to blindness? Is that the holy spirit you met in your new church thstntold you that or your skewed human spirit? There are many in the catholic church that will enter into eternity and many of you in the so called "bible believing churches" will end up in hell fire. You will be surprised on that Day.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:48am On Nov 22, 2015
Sprintson:

Let me give u a word of advise my dear, I was a Mass servant same as my bro and I doubled as a choir member too just to tell u how deep I was ;I even served high mass under the now Cardinal Okogie,my ex gf father is a knight but Fastforwd to now in schl I swapped church and I must confess it wasn't the church that changed me rather I had been troubled about the bible and truth rather than church and politics..I now attend Omega Fire Min as am out of lag my ex and siblings attend Daystar christian centre...go home attend catholic avoid bowing down to the blessed sacraments and co,listen to service and try not marrying a catholic since u dnt endorse it anymore...email me on chazereel@gmail.com

You call yourself a mass server, yet you Dont know the meaning of the blessed sacrament? Big shame on you. It means you were just going to church without knowing what you were doing. Shame on you once more. We that are not alter servers seem to have better understanding of the blessed sacrament because we take our time to learn about hour faith from the catechism. But you that was s close to Christ still knew nothing about Him or the sacraments that represent him. Shame on you once more.

You asked her not to bow down to the blessed sacrament? It is similar to asking her not to bow down to Christ.

"It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble"- Luke 17:2

You better be careful about what you advice.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by ocee31(m): 5:54am On Nov 22, 2015
tonytony208:

Her friends convinced confused her and not the Holy Spirit
they should confuse convince her parents on her behalf
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:55am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Satan was responsible for the oppression of Isrealite in Egypt, a way of stopping fulfilment of God promises but unknown to him he was fulfilling it.

Catholic compliled the Bible doesn't makes them Godly,they are not the end but a means to the end.

How can something compiled by "demonic people" lead you to salvation?

Can an impure thing give birth to purity? Can a bad source give birth to good? You are shooting yourself in the leg.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 5:56am On Nov 22, 2015
ocee31:
they should confuse convince her parents on her behalf

So, you are agreeing that she was actually confused?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by glossy6(f): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
When so called Catholics attend masses only on Sundays they come up with stories of having seen the light.
So catholics are not bible believing abi? What stopped you from joining charismatic movements.
The last time I tried hooking a guy I ran to BBC as you have done but it didn't take me anywhere.
Today I am Proudly Catholic

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by bastien: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2015
tonytony208:

Is it the Holy Spirit that moved you to call the Catholic church the world devilish church? Or is it your blind, thoughtless and unreasonable human spirit? Can you pick out an iota of the Holy Spirit from that your statement?

Your condemnation of the catholic church made you sound more like a blind man; yet, you claimed you rejected the catholic church because there is no Light there. From your comment now, is there any evidence that you have any Light in you, even now that you are not in the catholic Church? No. You still lack self control; yet you claim you are in a bible believing church.
ok
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tommysparks: 7:59am On Nov 22, 2015
This is just to show you that christians are very disunited and a house divided against itself will fall. CAN (christian association of Nigeria) only remains a political tool. Catholic, witnesses, deeper life, apostolic faith, and the rest protestant churches are all in christ like with this kind of disunity. I rather worship God in my house with my family sef and we take turns to read portions from the bible.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Highcuerayte: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2015
tonytony208:

How can something compiled by "demonic people" lead you to salvation?

Can an impure thing give birth to purity? Can a bad source give birth to good? You are shooting yourself in the leg.
You are below my level of communication, I don't expext you to understand. My words are meant for the wise not fools.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Amokwe(m): 8:56am On Nov 22, 2015
quincybee12:
Wouldn't want to go into much arguments with u @rheether,,,read ur bible thoroughly,,,then compare their doctrines with the bible,,,ull clearly see the difference

Pls lets know the Catholic doctrines that are not Biblical and I will direct you where you can locate them in your Bible. From your post you have already JUDGED and CONDEMNED the catholic church and that is not Christ-like!
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by dejol88: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2015
uboma:

Please enough of these lies you and your cohorts keep saying.

The Bible is not a product of the Catholic Church.

The Bible is God's word/instruction to mankind and God alone made it possible for almost everyone on earth today to have the copy of the Bible in his/her language.

I won't give the credit to Catholic Church.

I laugh at ur ignorance, and am too busy to start schooling you on how the bible came about.Some of you claim bible believing church but when you meet an atheist to discuss the bible you run, because you do not know the origin nor understand tradition of the past.I doubt you even know the bible self.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Malakh: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2015
Krystalzkris:
duh!!
what is that suppose to mean
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tonytony208(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:
You are below my level of communication, I don't expext you to understand. My words are meant for the wise not fools.

And I am sure it is the Holy Spirit that teaches you to call others foool. It is clear your life is now better than that of a Catholic.

It is also the Holy Spirit that teaches you to see yourself as better than others.

I am a Catholic and it is clear your life is not better than mine. If the catholic church is the church of darkness, you must be the darkness itself.

People like you claim to be holier, whereas you are straight candidates for hell fire, since your conducts are not better than that of a pagan.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by RICKYMARIO(m): 11:36am On Nov 22, 2015
Athanatos:

Azzzzin eh!

She's inadvertently condemning All Catholics to Hell with her tongue. And she aint God.

My 2 kobo still.
Hey, what happened to skywalker na?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by uboma(m): 11:37am On Nov 22, 2015
dejol88:

I laugh at ur ignorance, and am too busy to start schooling you on how the bible came about.Some of you claim bible believing church but when you meet an atheist to discuss the bible you run, because you do not know the origin nor understand tradition of the past.I doubt you even know the bible self.

Keep passing on judgement, I know nothing about the Bible.

And you call yourself a Christian.

Rubbish
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by RICKYMARIO(m): 11:42am On Nov 22, 2015
tonytony208:

I am a catholic too. I had my confusions when in was in the university. But the same Holy Spirit you claimed inspired you against the Catholic faith actually proved to me that the catholic faith is true. Everything preached by the Church is supported by the Bible. I can show them to you.

Some say they did not see the light when they were in the Catholic church and I tell them they couldn't see the light because they didn't open their eyes.

Were you a member of the CCRN while you were in the church? If yes, and if the CCRN had a good and well informed leader, you wouldn't have had cause to leave in the first place. It is all about knowledge of the BIBLE and the CATHOLIC CATHECHISM. You cannot know both and still go astray.

The Holy Spirit Will Never Tell You to Leave The Catholic Church!
100% correct.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by dejol88: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2015
uboma:

Keep passing on judgement, I know nothing about the Bible.

And you call yourself a Christian.

Rubbish

Well I have not vilified u , i only said I have my doubt you knowing the bible.Do you know how Christianity began , persecutions etc Can you preach the bible to and atheist who does not believe the bible.Do you know events that happened during Jesus's time where recorded after 200 years he left.Can you proof events recorded in the bible outside bible account.Yet you guys will be the first to talk down on catholic church .yet when you are been engaged you run
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by uboma(m): 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
dejol88:

Well I have not vilified u , i only said I have my doubt you knowing the bible.Do you know how Christianity began , persecutions etc Can you preach the bible to and atheist who does not believe the bible.Do you know events that happened during Jesus's time where recorded after 200 years he left.Can you proof events recorded in the bible outside bible account.Yet you guys will be the first to talk down on catholic church .yet when you are been engaged you run

Take your confused reasoning elsewhere.

Unless you take time out to post here on how the Catholic Church should be credited for making the Bible accessible in different languages today, only then will I continue to engage you in further conversation.

Without this, you can continue to blabbing and don't expect a response from me.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Vision4God: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
@quincybee12
I was once in ur shoes........
Hold on to ur faith,take ur stand and kip praying for dem.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Krystalzkris(f): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
Malakh:
what is that suppose to mean
whatever u want it to mean.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Malakh: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Krystalzkris:
whatever u want it to mean.
lol whatever
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Krystalzkris(f): 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
Malakh:
lol whatever
grin
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by dejol88: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
uboma:

Take your confused reasoning elsewhere.

Unless you take time out to post here on how the Catholic Church should be credited for making the Bible accessible in different languages today, only then will I continue to engage you in further conversation.

Without this, you can continue to blabbing and don't expect a response from me.
Catholic has done a lot for continuation Christianity
How many of your bible believing church has face science,atheist , Illuminati,philosophers and idolatry etc. And still come out strong.
Like I said if you know the bible, you will know it only catholic church that worship in verbatim according to the bible

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by liricyst(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
its safe to say that if any child of yours leaves your "bible believing" church and joins the Catholic Church..you would quarrel with him/her too.

The same God you so claim to know his mind wants you to get along with your parents so much he added a blessing to it

-Honour thy father and mother.....so that your days may be long!

Now I'm not much of religious person but if your church keeps you away from your parents.....then its not of your God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak / True Life Confession Of A Witch Woman! / Presidential Election Now A Spiritual Battle – Pastor Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.