Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (47883 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ah ah, they've repackaged this story already? It hasn't been up to a month.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Farkars: 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
The economists una dey high o. You guys will still be the one to give this woman credit if she succeeds the milestone are predecessors claimed to have achieved. Mofos waray

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dam4wummy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Only if you can tell me how lawyer fashola is qualified for his post or the English man Ameachi as transport minister....... APC are doing it their own way, not by qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by nicklaus40: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
4Play:

This reasoning is so absurd. You seem to operate from the premise that Iwealla messed up the economy, therefore we should try less qualified people. But if the economy is in dire straits, why entrust it to the unqualified? If you take your reasoning to its logical qualification, we might as well appoint a secondary school leaver because the university educated have not performed to expectation.

What makes me laugh about this is that Kemi Adeosun was finance commissioner for Ogun state and at the end of her tenure, Ogun state required a bailout with the assistance of the Federal Government as it was effectively insolvent. So these people have faith in her ability to do at the Federal level what she could not do at the state level. It's a classic case of the triumph of hope over experience.
U started the arguement well but I got it rong at d end.. kemi is qualified if u look at her qualifications den ogun needing a bailout is nt a point, the economy was affected from the Center (FG) wen d price of oil fell
Kemi should be given a chance, it's too early to conclude dat shez a failure, she may end up doing better than NOI or not

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by biafranqueen: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
ki02020:
Fashola never appeared qualified to so many...m even his first term govenorship debate was less convincing look what he's been able to achieve...besides what has the almighty Ngozi achieve
Please Please open a thread with Fashola achievements I have been begging for 4 years!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Walelavender(m): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
Trash from the Pessimist sorry Economist. Ngozi had her chance. Let Kemi get hers. All this beer palour journalism sha

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by cabaliciouscabal: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?

Tank u my Broda, u opined my mind, is bcus d government did not grant d stupid magazine audience dats y dey ar writing rubbish.

It is a gang up from d western world, but Wateva dia intention.

God Pass Dem

Nigeria shall be great again.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by mekaboy(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
kemi over to u. The world is watching in 3D.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by biafranqueen: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
dam4wummy:
Only if you can tell me how lawyer fashola is qualified for his post or the English man Ameachi as transport minister....... APC are doing it their own way, not by qualifications.
Help me ask them what Fashola has done in 8 years with trillions of dollars. I never got a thread since 2011 I haven been asking them.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by yyeanqah(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
Commot make I see road.....
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Kennydoc(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:

Bro. My point is so clear. What I'm trying to say, Is we should not place her performance based on qualification. That was why I brought up iwella as an example.

She served under obj and Jonathan still yet the economy remains un-diversify with all her qualifications and expierence

And how was she supposed to diversify the economy?
Didn't we have other ministers that should have boosted their own ministries and thus helped diversify the economy?

Akunwumi Adesina started that in Agriculture, and if the present government can sustain it, we'll soon be a top food exporter in the world. Same goes to minister of Mines and Steel (or rather Solid Minerals), and likewise Minister of Trade and Investment. These are ministers that have a major role to play in helping to diversify the economy. Minister of power infact has the most important role to play.

What is my point? Diversification of the economy isn't the job of the minister of finance alone, though she can help produce a blueprint for it. It's a work that involves a host of other ministers/ministries, coordinated by the president himself. The Finance minister however has a major role in managing the economy, and making the best out of the present situation. That is the area where Kemi is assumed to be an underdog. The onus thus lies on her to disprove that.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by masqot(m): 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
What if these "poorly qualified" individuals come out to be the solution that Nigeria needs. It's all about doing the right thing and not about being most qualified.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dee60: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2015
What qualifies a person?

This is a monumental goof by The Economist! It is the same way that some described Obama as being 'not ready' or 'immature'. 8 years after he is one of Amercica's best!

We must learn to give people a chance.

Even GEJ was deemed not to be fit, and the same South West fought to have him installed after the demise of Yaradua. I guess he tried his best.

Mrs Adeosun is well tutored. She has some experience.

I believe she will not be a lootocrat! I believe she will consult with the best to do what is right.

Her predecessor was good and classic. The fact that she always spoke like someone who had all the answers always put me off. She had some kind of intellectual arrogance that did not help Nigeria at the end of the day.

Her tenure was soiled by the saga of million billions (USD)!

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
lolaxavier:

English newspaper, The Economist, has undertaken a review of the newly constituted cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari, with a verdict that the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, who has an Economics degree from the University of East London and a Post Graduate degree in public financial management from the University of London, is poorly qualified to manage the nation’s economy.

It however described the Minister for Trade and Investment, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah, as “a respected businessman”, but feared that he “may lack the clout to stand up to the president”.

According to the publication, “Africa’s biggest economy, which relies on oil for 70% of its revenue, is sputtering as prices fall. Economic policy has been adrift since Mr Buhari came to power, and investors complain about the central bank’s use of trade controls and import restrictions.

“However, the new finance minister, an accountant who cleaned up the books of one of Nigeria’s smaller states, is poorly qualified for the job.

“Her counterpart in the investment ministry is a respected businessman, but he may lack the clout to stand up to a president with statist leanings.”

The report further quoted the lawmaker representing Kaduna central senatorial district in the National Assembly, Senator Shehu Sani, as describing the cabinet as “a government with local professionals and without superstars.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/20/kemi-adeosun-poorly-qualified-to-be-finance-minister-the-economist/

Economist, una thank you o. The last administration with stars & stellar qualifications did what again? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by lomprico(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?
We did not buy fuel 400 per liter during all her tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Ahmeduana(m): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
new2020:
We all know she unqualified except yorubas just want her there as their own Okonjo Iweala...always dick measuring with Igbos. Let the truth be told...she is unqualified. Look at her face!
I TALK AM THE OTHER DAY WHEN THEY ARE SCREENING HER THAT THIS WOMAN GO TAKE OUR MONEY BUY WEAVE-ON AND ARTIFICIAL NAIL FINISH!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by ipreach: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2015
i really Like tha woman

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by YUSUPH1986(m): 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
aventura:
The economy was good on paper was it her fault that the executive head couldn't translate it in the lives of Nigerians? Let's see what aunty kemi has to offer.
watin dis one dey talk, u mean motion without movement? Na dat u called gud 4 paper. U got 2 b kidin me
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by bakynes(m): 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
These Economist people are very funny, Kemi Adeosun has a Bsc degree in Economics and a Post graduate degree in Economics from two different Universities in London. She has also worked with PWC as a senior Financial Accountant and also the commissioner of Finance in Ogun state and you say she is not qualified for the job of a Finance Minister. Fine she doesn't have the qualifications like NOI but saying she is not qualified enough with all that in her CV is a crazy assumption from the Economist.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by simplycarro: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

don't worry under this buhari administration, very soon naira will be competing with Zimbabwe dollars. useless

You often come across like someone being fed. You don't talk like you have responsibilities that you take care of.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
[s]
lolaxavier:

English newspaper, The Economist, has undertaken a review of the newly constituted cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari, with a verdict that the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, who has an Economics degree from the University of East London and a Post Graduate degree in public financial management from the University of London, is poorly qualified to manage the nation’s economy.

It however described the Minister for Trade and Investment, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah, as “a respected businessman”, but feared that he “may lack the clout to stand up to the president”.

According to the publication, “Africa’s biggest economy, which relies on oil for 70% of its revenue, is sputtering as prices fall. Economic policy has been adrift since Mr Buhari came to power, and investors complain about the central bank’s use of trade controls and import restrictions.

“However, the new finance minister, an accountant who cleaned up the books of one of Nigeria’s smaller states, is poorly qualified for the job.

“Her counterpart in the investment ministry is a respected businessman, but he may lack the clout to stand up to a president with statist leanings.”

The report further quoted the lawmaker representing Kaduna central senatorial district in the National Assembly, Senator Shehu Sani, as describing the cabinet as “a government with local professionals and without superstars.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/20/kemi-adeosun-poorly-qualified-to-be-finance-minister-the-economist/
[/s]

Rubbish

What meaningful contribution has the so-called past qualified ones added to the economy

Wailers oshi

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by ruffDiamond: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
Who da fuvkin is da economist . Is it the latest ass wiper Here in fct We dont know what shithole it is .okonjo ,that bared face ,shameless economic fraudster like her rogue sister Allusonthief ikueke holing up in exile cool that one wey Jonah dodon spew cancerous sperm into her useless Toto ole buruku in jonaidiot o

Fuvk the economist
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by FreeGlobe(f): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
simplycarro:

You often come across like someone being fed. You don't talk like you have responsibilities that you take care of.
mention me when you stop reasoning like a zombie
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Bubu dunno that one oh! undecided

Favour ism @ the highest level grin

See ya mouth

*unzips pant and give a piss in her mouth *
undecided
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
ki02020:
Fashola never appeared qualified to so many...m even his first term govenorship debate was less convincing look what he's been able to achieve...besides what has the almighty Ngozi achieve

You forgot he archived all these as a result of favourable policy from FG unlike this present Goverment whose policy has only ended in strangulating the state and its masses.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
seunmsg:
Economist of London will not dictate PMB's choice of Finance minister. The last time the job was given to a world bank economist, she did a very bad job on the economy. We are satisfied with Kemi Adeosun, we don't want another IMF/World Bank puppet.

Pls define the bad job because all this suffering started as Buhari took over.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dramaqueen1(f): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ciscogod:
I swear you just said the best thing.God bless you for this comment...The woman is barely a Week in office and people arre already blabbing...let their fore father's come and take over now..all I can say is the Woman is the most intelligent person I've ever met.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by chocolateme(f): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Lol..ndigbo kwenu!!!
hahahahaha
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by adconline(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2015
4Play:

This reasoning is so absurd. You seem to operate from the premise that Iwealla messed up the economy, therefore we should try less qualified people. But if the economy is in dire straits, why entrust it to the unqualified? If you take your reasoning to its logical qualification, we might as well appoint a secondary school leaver because the university educated have not performed to expectation.

What makes me laugh about this is that Kemi Adeosun was finance commissioner for Ogun state and at the end of her tenure, Ogun state required a bailout with the assistance of the Federal Government as it was effectively insolvent. So these people have faith in her ability to do at the Federal level what she could not do at the state level. It's a classic case of the triumph of hope over experience.
Don't mind them! She left Ogun state broke and in financial ruins than NOI left Naija.. Ogun state is one of the heavily indebted states and income flow negative.. It currently spends more than it receives from FG and IGR.. This is another disaster waiting to happen!!

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by eaglechild: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
The economist is giving an unbiased report here and this has got many people fuming.

Why take a commissioner from an economically failed state and make her the finance minister of the largest economy in Africa (by the way that was an achievement under GEJ and Okonjo Iweala ).

They simply do not understand the rationale behind this and I don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dyn1800: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
Good on paper means she's full of lies
aventura:
The economy was good on paper was it her fault that the executive head couldn't translate it in the lives of Nigerians? Let's see what aunty kemi has to offer.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dramaqueen1(f): 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
seunmsg:
Economist of London will not dictate PMB's choice of Finance minister. The last time the job was given to a world bank economist, she did a very bad job on the economy. We are satisfied with Kemi Adeosun, we don't want another IMF/World Bank puppet.
Well Said....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dedication Of House Constructed By Osita Chidoka In Obosi, Anambra) (pics) / Jaafar Jaafar And Governor Ganduje Pictured Together Before Exposing $5M Bribe / We Only Invited Kunle Olawunmi To Help Us With Valuable Information - DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.