Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Must True Love Always End In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must True Love Always End In Marriage? (3494 Views)

Why Does Good Girls Always End Up Liking The Bad Guys / I Always End Up Dating Someone Already In A Relationship / Bad Girls Always End Up Marrying Good Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by Idorables: 4:59pm On May 22, 2009
Can a person love somebody and not want to marry them? You can love a girl but may not want to marry her. Does this mean that i don"t love her deeply enough?
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by MaiSuya(m): 7:24pm On May 22, 2009
Idorables:

Can a person love somebody and not want to marry them? You can love a girl but may not want to marry her. Does this mean that i don"t love her deeply enough?

Of course you can. Though, I have a feeling most ladies will not agree with the emboldened.

Moreover, in this part of the world, once you tell a lady you love her, the next thing she'll be expecting from you is the wedding date.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 22, 2009
it all depends on what each partners goal is. by the look of things, it seems like MOST 9ja women thinks that there is no point dating forever and marriage is the only way. also they seem to believe that dating forever is a waste of time even if true love and happiness is present. the marriage, to some is the obvious step after a few years(if not month) of dating.
nobody should ever get married if they are not ready for it or if its not THEIR choice.
to each their own
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by platinumnk(f): 10:48pm On May 22, 2009
agreed, but while dating is dating

marriage is a covenant, it sigifies that u are going to stick with that one person no matter how the wind blows

the only reason i see is ur not ready to marry if because ure not financially stable otherwise, i aint shacking up with u no way.

after a while, she will get tired and if she is a really good girl , another man will swing her way and marry her.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 22, 2009
platinumnk:

agreed, but while dating is dating
marriage is a covenant, it sigifies that u are going to stick with that one person no matter how the wind blows
the only reason i see is ur not ready to marry if because ure not financially stable otherwise, i aint shacking up with u no way.
after a while, she will get tired and if she is a really good girl , another man will swing her way and marry her.

so are you saying that"in your book" love marriages without money are not possible.
i wonder, how does the poor man fit in this equation? 2 poor person that loves each other dearly and unconditionally and that are not gold diggers. cant they live happily ever after? or does marriage without money, but true love, is impossible in your world?
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by platinumnk(f): 11:17pm On May 22, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

so are you saying that"in your book" love marriages without money are not possible.
i wonder, how does the poor man fit in this equation? 2 poor person that loves each other dearly and unconditionally and that are not gold diggers. cant they live happily ever after? or does marriage without money, but true love, is impossible in your world?

no u read me wrong bae,

i mean the only way i can see someone hindering themselves from marrying the one they love is lack of money to take care of said marriage, but if u want to marry by all means go ahead, take for example

me and my bf love each other very much , and if we wanted i would fly to 9ja tommorw and marry him,

but for the sake of our future and our kids , i want to be stable i mean really stable with a good job, (havent graduated yet) before we marry , but when i graduate and he is not yet marry still , then he will find wahalla on his doorstep. grin
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 22, 2009
ok i get you now.
having money is a preference but not a necessity.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by biina: 1:57am On May 23, 2009
If you love someone, you must be willing to see them happy, even if it is not with you.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by RuuDie(m): 6:01am On May 24, 2009
@ topic,

Nah. . . . .  sometimes, it ends with HEARTBREAK and these my friend, are the TRUEST, SWEETEST 1s !
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by duabba: 10:34pm On May 25, 2009
Biina has concluded. Gbam!
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by slap1(m): 11:08pm On May 25, 2009
Idorables:

can a pesin het som1 and want 2 marry dem? my take is if u luv som1 notin stands b/w u bot and d alter. am still very young but i tell u d girl i'm seeing now has made me not to see any oda. urs shud be dat way, if u REALLY luv som1 den u ar blind and can't see anoda pesin.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by iice(f): 2:12pm On May 26, 2009
Idorables:

Yes you can love someone but not want to marry. It depends on what you as a couple finally decide. Almost everything is based on decisions.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by biola44: 2:33pm On May 26, 2009
love is not enough, u've got family wahala, finances, racism(diff tribes/religions) n
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by vanderjo(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2009
@poster,
I don't think it will be love if it doesn't end in marriage?why do you love then?for loving sake or what?a true love must end in marriage.
Re: Must True Love Always End In Marriage? by bblacky(f): 5:20pm On May 26, 2009
ok, my bf told me strait b4 our r8lsp went deep dat he loves me bt we cant end in marriage. obviously i love him too and every of his action shows true love. now since we cant end up in marriage shud i back out?

of course nt every true love ends in marriage, i hav dat same question battling in my mind. its suprising how every lady feels dat any relationship they embark must lead to marriage, but i dont believe so, yea i dont.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice! I Like Him So Much / Guys Come To My Aid Pls / Ladies Which Of These Guys Will You Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.