Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators (30121 Views)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / Militants Back Pro-biafra Agitators, Give FG June 3 Ultimatum: PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by pazienza(m): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
This was how they sabotaged the first Biafran attempt at freedom.

Bunch of ever hungry insatiable sellouts, consumed by selfish interests and affinity for materialism at the expense of their own people.

Looking at events now, my respect for Ojukwu keep increasing. Not only did he have to deal with the combined firepower of the USSR and British, he had to deal with fifth columnists like Obi Achebe within Biafra, all these for a young man who was just in his thirties.

6 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by molas02: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
i think d obi visited aregbe of recent, he took small from osogbo weeds....omo ale jati jati

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by sochima1989(m): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ihemba:

Please if you don't have the answer to such a question about a bold claim then don't reply with redundancy.
omo Igbo.....Wat is ur casual definition for violence....mental hobo

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by BodyKiss(m): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
like his northern collegues; he supports them secretly and opposes them publicly..

Common sense not so common for you. Public condemnation will be a huge morale killer to many of the agitators.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by rhabs: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
Tell dis useless Biafra people 2go nd ask dare grandf about what hapen during Biafra war. Useless inyamure

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by FreeGlobe(f): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
pazienza:
This was how they sabotaged the first Biafran attempt at freedom.

Bunch of ever hungry insatiable sellouts, consumed by selfish interests and affinity for materialism at the expense of their own people.

Looking at events now, my respect for Ojukwu keep increasing. Not only did he have to deal with the combined firepower of the USSR and British, he had to deal with fifth columnists like Obi Achebe within Biafra, all these for a young man who was just in his thirties.

It is hightime we started dealing with these sellouts. Just because he went to collect ordinary chancellor in zaria he started trying to please them with a matter that is so dear to his people. All these selfish old men brought us to the condition we are today, we must not continue to tolerate their nonsense. This is sheer cowardice

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by arresa: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
Finally, the adults in iboland are waking up from their deep COMA...

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Danfuster(m): 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
AdaNri1:
Nonsense. The only thing I condemn is the violence and protest that has been attributed to IPOB. A group of people can decide if they want to be together in a country or not. If Britain agreed for Scotland to have a referendum on independence why should it be denied people in the south east if that's what they want. Give them referendum and if they vote to go it's goodbye Nigeria. I grew up in the North and I saw the hatred Hausas have for Igbos coming on nairaland showed how much hatred some yourubas have for Igbos. If this much hatred exists then it's folly to want to share a country.
I can understand a Ghanian's hatred for a Nigerian, at least they don't share a country but hating on a fellow Nigerian because of tribe is confounding.

No doubt, there is hatred amongst this three tribes but I can tell you the Yoruba is the fairer of them all, you doubt me... Ask any igbo man to choose between Yoruba and hausa and ask a hausa man to choose between igbo and Yoruba, trust me... The highest choose would be a Yoruba man. You think this isn't enough point then you need to look at the statistics of Yorubas marrying igbos which is by far greater than igbos marrying hausa (very rare). I can proudly argue it that igbos are properly rooted in the south west than in northern region, this is because Yorubas are welcoming. The igbos should know that Yoruba has never and would never be their problem, all the hate they're feeling is just transfer of aggression.

8 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
philips70:
The wise ones who saw the war and faced the consequences are speaking peace while these kids who know next to nothing are on the streets spoiling for war. Only because a fraudster who should rot in jail is deceiving them.
Only if a good historian can show these lost ones the page by page pain of war their heads will calm down.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
igboboy3:
[size=13pt] This is always the problem of the Igbo race. Many of our leaders are sell-outs, each only after his own pocket. You will never see the the Ooni of Ife, Olubadan of Ibadan or Alaafin of Oyo condemn the activities of the Oodua Peoples Congress as long as the activities remain peaceful.
The Sultan of Sokoto has never reprimanded the Arewa Forum, even in their occasional maniacal ranting.
A member of the Boko Haram was seen in the house of Sen. Ali Ndume. What happened to the case? Nothing
Today, Rochas Okorocha is grovelling for the favour of Northerners at the expense of his own people.

IPOB doesn't want war. Only weapon manufacturers ever want war.. All we want is a fair chance at self-expression and progress

I weep for my brothers cry cry
[/size]
Gbam! that's the more reason my people should know that nobody is leading this cause whether they like it or not them they mislead themselves.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
tobtap:
cool ...only he-goats follow nnamdi kanu,who is a well known fraudster
Your mind is so wappy that you think that everybody is a fraudster. Guess what, there are still good men. Nnamdi is one of them!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by 2sex(m): 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
rhymaster:
ibos don't have kings or respect their elders anyway. This ibo igwe is a mere civil servant and will be insulted by his fellow ibos soon. Watchout!
so true
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ikechu1278: 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
Obi of Onitsha can say whatever he wants...e no concern us. He's obi of Onitsha, not obi of Igboland.

He's not my king. Asagba Is my king and even if asagba denounces Biafra, I'll tell him to shut up as well.

Biafra is here to stay. Any sellout, king or no king, can pack his or her bag and waka commot to any land belonging to the zoo. Biafra does not want or need saboteur.

Obi of Onitsha Shut up and go sit down.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Walelavender(m): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ihemba:

This isn't a dictatorship, the people choose the leaders and their destiny, not the otherwise.
You know what? Hoodlums can easily hijack agitation like this. Why? 'The strongholds' are needed to give life to this struggle, if not it will continue to be like flocks of sheep without a shepherd. The sanctity of human lives should be considered first. The wolves can keep hitting the sheep if the shepherd is found wanting

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ikechu1278: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
FreeGlobe:

It is hightime we started dealing with these sellouts. Just because he went to collect ordinary chancellor in zaria he started trying to please them with a matter that is so dear to his people. All these selfish old men brought us to the condition we are today, we must not continue to tolerate their nonsense. This is sheer cowardice

Imagine!!! And I used to have a high respect for the f00l way call himself obi. All the individuals I used yo have respect for aka utomi, mbaka and now obi of Onitsha just shows why Igbo should get biafra. Niggeria corrupts the mind and limits our ways of justice.

If this was the past, obi of Onitsha would have been dethroned instantly for speaking against situations dear to his people all because of "political correctness".

Onitsha people your freaking king have been compromised. I'm now thinking Onitsha is not moving in high rate as it supposed to be because of him. Get unaselves a new obi cause this one is now your version of mbaka

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by igboboy3(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
Abagworo:

I never knew Rochas Okorocha was the Obi of Onitsha.

I don't know whether you heard that, but definitely not from me. Rochas Okorocha is the governor of Imo state. Obi Achebe is the Obi of Onitsha. Would you care for a map? smiley
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by menxer: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Jesumed:
South-eastern PDP bigwigs are currently holding a meeting, strategizing on how to make PDP win the next general elections which has been zoned to the north. Some southeastern jobless youths are busy fighting over one dead Biafra. The same jobless Igbos fought tirelessly for GEJ's second term to come to reality- but they were shamed! After this, they started fighting for Jimi Agbaje of Lagos(a southwestern state). They were shamed again. All these while, they didn't remember Biafra. Then when GEJ failed, and Jimi Agbaje failed and the PDP zone their next presidential candidate to the north, the Igbos youths knew they had failed in all ramifications, hence they began to agitate for Biafra, when their elite are busy enjoying at the national assembly and in PDP hoping for a next win in a united Nigeria!
Will Biafra solve their problem? Wait, what exactly is their problem?

from recent happenings it's obvious that the igbos are not politically creative as they are business savvy.

They seem to be making political miscalculations too often.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by PassingShot(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
AdaNri1:
Nonsense. The only thing I condemn is the violence and protest that has been attributed to IPOB. A group of people can decide if they want to be together in a country or not. If Britain agreed for Scotland to have a referendum on independence why should it be denied people in the south east if that's what they want. Give them referendum and if they vote to go it's goodbye Nigeria. I grew up in the North and I saw the hatred Hausas have for Igbos coming on nairaland showed how much hatred some yourubas have for Igbos. If this much hatred exists then it's folly to want to share a country.
I can understand a Ghanian's hatred for a Nigerian, at least they don't share a country but hating on a fellow Nigerian because of tribe is confounding.
Has anyone stopped them from having a referendum? Have they requested for one in a proper manner and through a civil means and was declined?

The IPOB youths are simply jobless nonentity.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by MightySparrow: 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
johnshagb:
Their leaders washing off their hand from the so called agitation. As per the advice, let them continue....

Aja to ba fe sonu, koni gbo fere ode

aAWON AJA EEYI EI AOU YIPE
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ikechu1278: 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Abagworo:

I never knew Rochas Okorocha was the Obi of Onitsha.

Nigg@ is paying all of them. You think we don't know. After he so called "meeting" to SE leaders, all of a sudden ohaneze spoke against biafra who themselves once condemned okorohaysa for speaking against biafra. In addition obi of onitsha now spoke against biafra despite never once saying anything through out the entire years Massob headquarters and activities was predominantly in onitsha.

You think we don't know who's sponsoring it all. Don't worry, tell okorohausa soon enough he'll not be a politician anymore and we'll be waiting for him. Let him continue. We marking down every thing he does to inhibit the need of the people he claims are his people all because of his greedy, selfish ambition. Let him continue

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
rhymaster:
ibos don't have kings or respect their elders anyway. This ibo igwe is a mere civil servant and will be insulted by his fellow ibos soon. Watchout!

One thing that in have noticed about Yoruba people over the years is that they are always insulting people's parents. I wander which other elder dem wan respect

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
johnshagb:
Their leaders washing off their hand from the so called agitation. As per the advice, let them continue....

Aja to ba fe sonu, koni gbo fere ode

Check what introvert wrote
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ikechu1278: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Has anyone stopped them from having a referendum? Have they requested for one in a proper manner and through a civil means and was declined?

The IPOB youths are simply jobless nonentity.

See am trying to rewrite history.

Referendum was the FIRST thing Massob asked for when they began... what did massib get back in return? Constant harrashment and killing from your zoo politicians.
Referendum was also the FIRST thing IPOB, BZM, BILIE, etc all asked for when they began. Each time denied and accused of "treason".

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by rusher14: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
ikechu1278:

Imagine!!! And I used to have a high respect for the f00l way call himself obi. All the individuals I used yo have respect for aka utomi, mbaka and now obi of Onitsha just shows why Igbo should get biafra. Niggeria corrupts the mind and limits our ways of justice.

If this was the past, obi of Onitsha would have been dethroned instantly for speaking against situations dear to his people all because of "political correctness".

Onitsha people your freaking king have been compromised. I'm now thinking Onitsha is not moving in high rate as it supposed to be because of him. Get unaselves a new obi cause this one is now your version of mbaka

I'm sorry but the Obi is not a fo0l.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
philips70:
The wise ones who saw the war and faced the consequences are speaking peace while these kids who know next to nothing are on the streets spoiling for war. Only because a fraudster who should rot in jail is deceiving them.

Go n read - Yoruba, the problem with nigeria.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by ikechu1278: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
rusher14:

I'm sorry but the Obi is not a fo0l.

A king not listening to the need of his people but rather the need of those that hate him is a big fat f00l. A saboteur. Quote me anyday

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by joseph1832(m): 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
This is exactly what I'm saying. The Obi of Onitsha coming out to condemn in strong terms those IPOB nitwits. If the Sultan of Sokoto had come out earlier on to condemn Boko Haram and ask the muslim faithful not to show sentiment. Perhaps things would not have escalated to this level.

But instead, he called for amnesty!. I'll always say [size=45pt]SENTIMENT[/size] is one of the bane of this 'great' nation.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by rusher14: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
ikechu1278:

A king not listening to the need of his people but rather the need of those that hate him is a big fat f00l. A saboteur. Quote me anyday

Perhaps experience has taught him a lesson many out of exuberance and adventure cannot understand.

Perhaps he is a lover of humanity who can only see the good in his fellow man regardless of ethnicity, colour or creed.

This disunity you feel so much today has only grown in the last few years.

Perhaps democracy, mobile phones and social media have rather than unified us given us the spirit of discord.

We the youth need to come together in peace and harmony.

There is strength in diversity.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Technocrat1759(m): 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
I'm an igbo 4 life and i blieve in everything about igbo. I state it clear that d igwe of onitsha is not my king nd i ve never benefited anyfin 4rm him. So he can't speak on my behalf btw he's old $ am young, i have great dreams while his days are short. (wellcome 2 d land of d rising sun).

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by thoth: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
Very few people on here knows anything about the Onitsha people and their sabotage of igbo aspirations since the time of the civil war, only an ignorant igboman who is not educated in his history would accept an Onitsha as a revolutionary.
From the 70's during the short period of military occupation of the eastern Nigeria till late they have always sabotaged, undermined and spied on igbo movements.
Find any Onitsha indigene and ask him if he is a Biafran ? don't be surprised about his reply. If you really want to be astounded get an Onitsha man and ask him whether he is IGBO ? if you find his reply shocking then you really need a thorough education of post-colonial history of the south-east till date.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
Biafra, Bokoharam, OK o
B I T C H when are we going to eat rice at your wedding? time is moving faster o o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha / Nigerian Senate Mace Snatched By Invaders / Explosions Reported In Kano!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.