Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun (55929 Views)

Jonathan, Sirleaf, Ikpeazu At Obasanjo's 80th Birthday (Photos) / Patience Jonathan Hits Back At Buhari - Nigerian Women, Leave KITCHEN Now / Ghana’s President Hurls Insults At Obasanjo At African Forum In London-bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Lionsclaw: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
What I see here is that GEJ election lost is still paining him since he is no longer relevant in the political line! !! cool
You are a blind fool who dont see anything grin The press make their daily bread from people like you.
Even Obj know that Jonathan never 'blasted him' as Daily Sun has made u believe.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by sammyj: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
........ grin grin angry sad shocked grin grin
Lionsclaw:
You are a blind fool who dont see anything grin The press make their daily bread from people like you.
Even Obj know that Jonathan never 'blasted him' as Daily Sun has made u believe.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by 49cents(m): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
babafirst:
I agree with you especially with your point that the political space has changed dramatically since 1999 and Tinubu actually galvanized the Yorubas but I just want you to know that Tinubu is not the magic wand in Yoruba land.

I should trust your judgement on the poltical popularity of Tinubu amongst the yorubas

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by tonytony208(m): 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
49cents:
GEJ, first statesman to say the Truth to that treacherous snake called obasanjo, a man whose first daughter disowned and whose son accussed him of sleeping with his own wife but yet is highly respected by his tribe, says a lot about their general judgement on life

If I remember correctly, this same obasanjo went to celebrate his son's wedding somewhere across the Niger and the tribe in that part were celebrating him as if a god has come to visit them. In fact their sense of reasoning and judgement are decayed and upside down.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Lionsclaw: 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
........ grin grin angry sad shocked grin grin
grin The joke is on you buddy. Its either of 2 things -either u are a mumu or you are not, the choice is yours wink
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by 49cents(m): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
DrMoffy:
shut up!!! whose hypocrisy is obvious now, you or Yorubas you have just castigated? some of you fail to understand there's more to humanity than tribe or race. what's d essence of admitting you have met great people from an ethnic group of more than 40m after ur hate n senseless speech. you are d greatest hypocrite and it boils down to orientation

When has describing a tribe, especially their "bad side" equal to castigation....

I have lived in Lagos all my life and have heard yorubas castigate themselves, the way Igbos too castigate themselves....

i even heard it from yoruba ladies that Igbo men take care of their wives than yoruba men, just as I have heard from yoruba men that Igbo girls are more money than yoruba girls but that igbos wives hardly leave their husbands in hard times......now these aren't sweeping statements for both sides......

I am rational enough to know which is true and which isnt

Who you are on social media says a lot of who you are offline...

You lack a great deal of social media etiquette and I surmise in your case is factor by age or maturity or upbringing or a combination of all threee
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by sammyj: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
..... grin tongue
Lionsclaw:
grin The joke is on you buddy. Its either of 2 things -either u are a mumu or you are not, the choice is yours wink
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Jacko1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
49cents:

The Yorubas sdefault survival mechanism is pretense.....they act as though they are loyal, or they agree to your position while secretly plotting behind you their attack.....

I have had three back to back experiences with three "close" friends this year alone

I still live with them freely but with more awareness and still have about five as staff....i think is just their cultural way of self preservation

Could not have said it better no matter how close you fil you are with them they will always set u up
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by DrMoffy(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
49cents:

When has describing a tribe, especially their "bad side" equal to castigation....

I have lived in Lagos all my life and have heard yorubas castigate themselves, the way Igbos too castigate themselves....

i even heard it from yoruba ladies that Igbo men take care of their wives than yoruba men, just as I have heard from yoruba men that Igbo girls are more money than yoruba girls but that igbos wives hardly leave their husbands in hard times......now these aren't sweeping statements for both sides......

I am rational enough to know which is true and which isnt

Who you are on social media says a lot of who you are offline...

You lack a great deal of social media etiquette and I surmise in your case is factor by age or maturity or upbringing or a combination of all threee
you sound so unintelligent..... stop acting smart n peaceful after being mischievous. by d way, what's d correlation between d topic and ur aforementioned description of ethnicity? spare me ur long epistle, faceless forum has given some of u opportunity to spew rubbish. mind u, I respect e-warriors for what they represent cos they don't pretend. what I detest about ur attitude n folly is HYPOCRISY. u claimed u had bad experience with 3 Yorubas, have about 5 of them as staff in ur imaginary organisation or 2×2 shop n 2 as ur project partners; you indirectly admit ur success is attached to people you badmouthed!!! and if you think they are necessary evil, look for necessary angels n saints from ur region n tribe and live Yorubas alone. I tire for una!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by 49cents(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
DrMoffy:
you sound so unintelligent..... stop acting smart n peaceful after being mischievous. by d way, what's d correlation between d topic and ur aforementioned description of ethnicity? spare me ur long epistle, faceless forum has given some of u opportunity to spew rubbish. mind u, I respect e-warriors for what they represent cos they don't pretend. what I detest about ur attitude n folly is HYPOCRISY. u claimed u had bad experience with 3 Yorubas, have about 5 of them as staff in ur imaginary organisation or 2×2 shop n 2 as ur project partners; you indirectly admit ur success is attached to people you badmouthed!!! and if you think they are necessary evil, look for necessary angels n saints from ur region n tribe and live Yorubas alone. I tire for una!

That you find it difficult to believe that not everyone who visits nairaland is a Jean sagging, jamb writing, job seeking, ethnic bigot says a lot of you already

Now run off to your regular e warriors as I won't honour you with a reply no matter how uncouth they are
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

How about their front man and defacto political leader who is a total fraud, convicted drug trafficker and kleptomaniac who has ripped them a new hole?

Sometimes I wonder where the Yoruba gets the audacity to be a critic of the central govt where their region is led by immoral hedonistic criminals
Let them be o.Face your biz
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by DrMoffy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
49cents:

That you find it difficult to believe that not everyone who visits nairaland is a Jean sagging, jamb writing, job seeking, ethnic bigot says a lot of you already

Now run off to your regular e warriors as I won't honour you with a reply no matter how uncouth they are
if you are not a kid, you reason like one with d lowest IQ.... I don't have ur time, I thought I could help u from d shackles of stvpidity, not knowing it's a colossal addiction to ur psyche. don't bother to mention again either

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
Lionsclaw:
And you think the press doesn't make a living from you too from the time you spend teaching?
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by lastpage: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
What I see here is that GEJ election lost is still paining him since he is no longer relevant in the political line! !! cool

Can you imagine?... such a clueless slowpoke ...giving lectures? shocked shocked grin grin grin

SMH

Lastpage!
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by nwanwaoge(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
49cents:

The Yorubas sdefault survival mechanism is pretense.....they act as though they are loyal, or they agree to your position while secretly plotting behind you their attack.....

I have had three back to back experiences with three "close" friends this year alone

I still live with them freely but with more awareness and still have about five as staff....i think is just their cultural way of self preservation

On point bro. Just last week, d yorubas in an organisation down south here, did a noctural meeting over night to betray certain persons who felt they were behind them during the election campaign BTW the northern candidate and a candidate from south east.....d man from south east won....but dat singular act of the yorubas goes a long way to paint a picture for me......doh not all yorubas r like that.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by anigbajumo(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
crowns2:
Jonathan can blab all he wants but he should remember that it was this same Obasanjo he is bad mouthing now that made it possible for him to reach the peak. We all know that it was Obasanjo who picked Yaradua and Jonathan and sold them to Nigerians. Jonathan owes Obasanjo a lot of gratitude because without him, he most likely would never have been vice or even president in the first place.
Am nt PDP supporter,BT your destiny will never by pass you.It had been destined that GEJ will rule this country. Forget the fact that OBJ was involved.

What GEJ said was absolutely truth,I only respect OBJ coz of his political tactics and intelligent but he is not a worthy leader.IamyoruBA
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
looseweight:
Some re just full of hate and malice. Instead of commenting on the topic, you start castigating a tribe as if yours is saint. With you guys still present, your region and state will never move forward because the last time I check, its only in yourubaland you can have an igbo king and seriki. Which region can you try such with?
For where will they allow that to happen?yet Yoruba is this Yoruba is that.Long live Yoruba.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Xerum(m): 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Since the average yoruba man is "deceptive and crafty"....these, are for them, their means of self preservation.....they rather not be confrontational but will lie like a harmless snake to gain your trust and then gbam strike.....

Tinubu and obasanjo are the kings in this affair that is why they are sincerely glorified and extolled by the average yoruba person as great and a model of emulation

I remember aregbesola saying "Obasanjo is a blessing to the Yoruba Nation"......so many yoruba kids on Nairaland deem Tinubu as a Hero they would like to be like

I still live with them freely but with more awareness and still have about five as staff....i think is just their cultural way of self preservation.

Ever heard of the expression: “In politics there are no permanent friends or enemies, but permanent interests”?

These are individuals and in a political context, and if you want to be reasonable and mature in your observation, you should not castigate a whole ethnic group for the sins of a few people. They are not exhibiting these traits because they coincidentally belong to a specific ethnic group. People should stop generalising and judging a whole group of people based on the short-comings of a few.

A lot of yorubas share your observation on Tinubu and Obasanjo, they are just shrewd politicians and businessmen who take advantage of chances and opportunities that are prevailing in their environment.

There is this video going viral on social media lately of an Igbo lady warning pro-Biafra supporters about the disunity with Igbo people. What does that say about Igbo people in general? Not much if you ask me. Moral is, stop generalising, see things / people in context and in perspective. Thanks.

These are all selfish Nigerian politicians, none of them is worth developing high blood pressure and becoming a tribalist about.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by lastpage: 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

How about their front man and defacto political leader who is a total fraud, convicted drug trafficker and kleptomaniac who has ripped them a new hole?

Sometimes I wonder where the Yoruba gets the audacity to be a critic of the central govt where their region is led by immoral hedonistic criminals

Keep wondering!Mr. Wonderer! grin

We are your MASTERS, you are our SLAVE and we will not grant you any freedom. No Biafra! tongue tongue tongue

I am sure Tinubu is the only Yoruba your Igbo, No-brain has ever heard of ?

Ritual killer like yourself! shocked shocked

Without OBJ, how on earth will a "shoeless nincompoop" like Jonathan ever become President of Nigeria?... and see how he messed-up!
[size=14pt]Bloody Ingrate![/size]

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
efilefun:
But let's call a spade a spade, what's the difference between both of them, they both left the country in mess after leaving power, they both turned the nation upside down while seeking extra tenure in office. Dokpesi is still facing the consequences of the dirty game he played for GEJ. All those being accused under GEJ can't deny GEJ's involvement in their atrocities or else he was just a figurehead throughout his tenure. Obasanjo's tenure also should have been probed by GEJ assuming he meant good for the nation. How will someone spend such Billions of dollar on electricity and the nation is still wallowing in darkness. It simply shows they both after the same thing THEIR POCKETS!!!
The only people I see useless here are those ignorant youths who call this same man their role model, he shouldn't have accepted the result and see what happens to him and his family, the same America he went to freely would never ever had been possible cuz he would be hiding right now
What is unbelievable is that some lost ones are here busy praising one against another like they don't know these guys are all selfish.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

u are as stupid as d fool u quoted...
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
you are clueless.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by sammyj: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
........ grin wink shocked grin grin tongue
shadowgwalker:
you are clueless.
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by mindtricks: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

When we learn to leave generalizing on tribes, we grow. You cant speak ill of a whole tribe because of one or two people you may have considered bad. That is fallacy of hasty generalization, is rather unfair, and leads nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Lionsclaw: 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mekwen:
And you think the press doesn't make a living from you too from the time you spend teaching?
grin Why are u using 2 handles. I dont believe this grin You are such a mumu
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by kenchylala: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:

APC,
I believe u still have a little common sense
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Eggheaded(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
IlekeHD:

Osibanjo or Obasanjo?
Osibanjo, High Profile Politicians e.g. Obansanjo Thanks
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by Eggheaded(m): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
IlekeHD:

Osibanjo or Obasanjo?
Osibanjo, High Profile Politicians e.g. Obansanjo Thanks
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by sammyj: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
......... grin shocked grin
kenchylala:

APC,
I believe u still have a little common sense
Re: Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun by lookingfly: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
sammyj:
see this one..... Person de jolificate n flex all over the world with peace of mind, you de talk about election loss they pain him. Him don be governor, vice President and president for 6yrs. What else does someone wants in this life? Enjoy your self my Gej!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest Dino Melaye's Doctor Who Treated Him At Zankli Hospital / How My Journey To UK For A Job Turned To Organ Harvesting- Davido Nwamini Narrat / Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.