Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment (1131 Views)

The Church - A Novel / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Read For Free: Blood On The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
THE BEER SELLER a novel by Ibrahim M Gombe
DEDICATION
I dedicate this book to my late mum: Aisha Ibrahim

...............CHAPTER ONE...............
Ben, an orphan who lost his parents was sitting beneath the oak tree at Oluwo Market. There were bottles of wine and beer of different sizes in his front. Adenike,one of his classmates met him up. She was dressed up in her school uniform.
"Hey Ben! Why are you still here? Won't you go for school today?" Adenike asked in poor language.
"The wine and beer are not sold. My step mum will stick me," Ben said,a stream of tears gushed out from his eyes.
"I am sorry for you. You heard that Mr Tinubu will punish late comers today. And also you know today is Monday," Adenike said. Henceforth she picked up the school bus.
Ben was totally puzzled in her words that she fired toward him like missile.The day began to get hot and hotter without anyone buying the wines and bear, so he made up his mind to take up the leave. On his way back home,one taxi knocked him down over the tarred road. All the bottles on his head bursted into pieces. Ben was seriously wounded and injured. His two arms and legs broke too as how branch of a tree does in an airy place. A thought began to come into his mind like a bird dropping on her nest,that he was about to become a handicap boy.
"Hey! Hey!! Hey!!! Young man,are you blind? Why did you knock a very young and poor boy like Ben? We are going to burn you together with this dilapidated taxi. Eradicating reckless drivers like you will bring good serenity in our Yoruba societies!" Some aggressive area boys roared at the taxi driver.
"This accident is beyond my control, don't burn me, I have family;a wife and two kids," the driver pleaded.
"We don't care,setting fire on you is the best solution if Yoruba want peace. Now for goodness see how you paralysed this BEER SELLER and his bottles. Are you not ashamed of yourself? Just surrender your life to us or else we go rope you,"The boys' leader said.
"Don't kill me woo! Oduduwa come for my rescue,I am perished today in the bad hands of area boys," the driver prayed.
Suddenly,one rude boy rained petrol over the taxi driver.
"Who has matches? no matches around here, I will be the boy who'll set the fire on him!," one notorious boy shouted.
Have this one,but the box is wet!" another boy said.
"Shit! Thunder will kill you all,nobody with a good matches! The boys' leader said angrily.
"Don't burn me,I beg your pardon my master," the taxi driver said in a polite tune.
"A moment later, the boys' leader pointed at Ben, "oya! Mr driver pick him to the hospital, I shall accompany you there for adequate treatment. Afterward,you must pay him a ransom of three hundred naira!"
"Thank you Sir, I agree,let's go now,I will sale this car too in order to rescue my life," the taxi driver said in an odd voice which expresses happiness.

............CHAPTER TWO.............
Two months later,Ben became fully recovered. He could play football,long jump,hide and seek and other games. He was growing rich and richer in the other hand because he owns one super market at Oluwo Market that specialized people used to run for him. When Mrs Tinubu,his step mother heard this surprising news, she stopped sending him to the market for hawking the beer and wine she used to tap. She persuaded her stubborn boy,Olumide to start hawking the beer,one day,he shall be richer than Ben.At the first time,Olumide disagreed, he later on accepted.
On Olumide's first day at Oluwo market as a beer seller,he felt lonely. At the end of the day,he went amidths the road and lied down. One taxi driver and area boys began to flog him heavenly like donkey. One very wicked boy slapped Olumide on his face,he began to see things appearing in twos.
" I want to make money like my brother Ben,it was my mother who sent me. She said I should lie over the tarred road like how Ben did," Olumide said.
"Hhhhhh! I cannot forget one of Hausa boy from north who used to tell me,'if someone dance,he shall get money,if another person dance may be stick'. So Olu go and tell your mum that she should treat your injuries."
"Please, I beg give me three hundred naira I want to open supermarket too like Ben," Olumide pleaded.
"It's either this boy is psychologically sick or he is new in Lagos. Area boys teach him a lesson,"the taxi driver said.
The area boys flogged Olumide mercilessly, still he was begging the three hundred naira.The boys roped him and took him back to his mum.
"What's up? Untie my son!" Mrs Tinubu shouted fiercely like an angry lioness.
"Your son is stubborn,he begs money from us! Now we shall not untie him until you pay his ransom. It's just a sum of for hundred naira for bringing your child back safely,because he's psychologically sick. A normal person will not lie down amidths a busy road......
DOOOOO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPPEN NEXT? IF YES STAY AWAKEN CHAPTER THREEE WILLL SOOOON ROOOOCK! OR WAIT THE CONTINUATION HERE: click. here.... https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=452111174944477 MAKE SURE YOU LIKE US TO SERVE YOU. MORE AND MORE

1 Like

Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
why no replies?
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by emmchi(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Kind of confuse with the title of your novel. Is it Beer or bear?
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
emmchi:
Oops! the beer
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
emmchi:
Oops! the beer...whats about my grammar u know I am a learner
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
emmchi:
no more confusion
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Hardethaewoh(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
Imgombe2016:
THE BEER SELLER a novel by Ibrahim M Gombe
.....Adenike asked in poor language.

huh?! for this story, its not only Adenike oo, the narrator and the casts express themselves poorly!

Oga OP check your grammar too! ah-ahn. kilode!

Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hardethaewoh:

huh?! for this story, its not only Adenike oo, the narrator and the casts express themselves poorly!

Imgombe2016:
no more confusion
Hardethaewoh:

I do not beg you to correct me....it seems you are Biafran.Abi? How many ppl here on Nsitaland use wrong gtammar?
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hardethaewoh:

Imgombe2016:
no more confusion
Hardethaewoh:

I do not beg you to correct me....it seems you are Biafran.Abi? How many ppl here on Nairaland use wrong grammar? Uncountable.... so leave me alone to learn
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Imgombe2016(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
anyone with further suggestions or complaints?
Re: The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment by Hardethaewoh(m): 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Imgombe2016:
I do not beg you to correct me....it seems you are Biafran.Abi? How many ppl here on Nairaland use wrong grammar? Uncountable.... so leave me alone to learn

LOL @Biafran!
...and you are right! many people also avoided this thread
BTW.. taking careful note of ur composition isn't too much! Neither did I stop ur learning! But I believe you can do better!
what kinda learner flares up at correction?! Huh?
ONE LOVE BRO!

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: The House Business (18+) / The Girl Has A Plan / Awaiting Val

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.