Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Intercontinental Bank Again - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Intercontinental Bank Again (1535 Views)

What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? / Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again / Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank Again by Gadols(f): 9:15am On May 23, 2009
They have slashed salaries to keep afloat in this tumultous times.
many banks have done the same though a few have downsized.
This is the result of global meltdown that the CBN governor says cant affect our economy.
in my company, we downsized too.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by Finecat(m): 6:00pm On May 24, 2009
konti:

All banks are mapping out different strategies to survive the economic meltdown.All the banks have slashed salaries and in its place introduced variable pay.This is no longer news.so why the reference to Intercontinental.

Intercontinental bank stinks. their employees are super stressed. The bank is choking seriously they bit way more than can chew. Almost all the guys i know in that bank is looking for a new job. they are so scared of getting sacked because of target.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by konti(f): 10:07pm On May 24, 2009
why not join us and catch fun.lol
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by Donmeca(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2009
I don't even understand peoples'problem. What has IBPLC done that others don't do, except record-breaking? D global crisis affects everyone, even private biz- not to talk of banking industry. Saying the Bank is "stinks" is an insault. They cut salaries in order to tie reward to performance. u can't be sleeping at home and be paid heavily. All d guys dat Finecat knows may not be good enough for d bank, so let them go. Gadols, ur firm did worse than pay cut- downsing. Y don't we dicuss d fate of d sacked workers? The Bank is one of the best in the country and has one of the best pay packages even with the cut. pls let's talk of beta things, not unfounded lies.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by konti(f): 11:07pm On May 26, 2009
tell them grin tongue na bad belle shocked
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by Finecat(m): 4:26pm On May 27, 2009
Donmeca:

I don't even understand peoples'problem. What has IBPLC done that others don't do, except record-breaking? D global crisis affects everyone, even private biz- not to talk of banking industry. Saying the Bank is "stinks" is an insault. They cut salaries in order to tie reward to performance. u can't be sleeping at home and be paid heavily. All d guys dat Finecat knows may not be good enough for d bank, so let them go. Gadols, ur firm did worse than pay cut- downsing. Y don't we dicuss d fate of d sacked workers? The Bank is one of the best in the country and has one of the best pay packages even with the cut. pls let's talk of beta things, not unfounded lies.

Nonsense! The bank stinks and i said it again. They have been systematically sacking their staff over the so-called target. you are here defending a bank that lean on loans from ADB to survive. The bank has bit way more than it can chew. It's one of the bank that is heavily burdened by loans and investor are at their neck to get their money back.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by konti(f): 11:58pm On May 27, 2009
ur so full of hate man.change ur ways. tongue
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by maddock(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2009
Gadols:

They have slashed salaries to keep afloat in this tumultous times.
many banks have done the same though a few have downsized.
This is the result of global meltdown that the CBN governor says cant affect our economy.
in my company, we downsized too.

I think we should be careful in whatever we post here, i really do not understand why you decided to single out Intercontinental bank as a case study. Intercontinental Bank is growing stronger by the day and i really do not think any amount of PHD syndrone can bring them down. Just came out from an IB and look at the banking hall,it is as if its a market place with customers everywhere. Definitely all this rumours about its liquidity are just unfounded, i am yet to see anybody complaining that the bank is unable to perform its obligation to its customers.
Re: Intercontinental Bank Again by Donmeca(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2009
Pple are jst being ridiklos hia. Quoting things u don't know anything abt!!! ADB loans were open and IB was chosen. Oda banks have collabos wit oda intl orgs. take out time and have a first hand feel of d bank's strenght. Pls stop caryin baseless rumors.

(1) (Reply)

Rigzone, WTS, Oilandgasjobsearch, Oilcareers, Gulftalent / Travelling Abroad Or Staying In Nigeria / 10 Ways To Help You Develop Your ''Thinking Outside The Box'' Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.