Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

Many Shall Come In My Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Shall Come In My Name (643 Views)

When The End Shall Come? / Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives / The Bible Says Time Shall Come When The Ladies Wil Be Runing After The Men For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Many Shall Come In My Name by jagunlabi(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2009
A lot of christians take this verse from the NT and throw it at others to call them liars.
"Take heed and let no man decieve you.Many shall come in my name saying that i am the christ,and shall decieve many.Do not believe them".

Question: Who are the ones this verse is referring to?Who are the ones that always come in Jesus's name?Aren't they christians themselves,christian leaders in particular?Whoever come in Jesus' name has to be his representative,or the ones who claim to be so.In other word,CHRISTIANS.

You are all free to prove me wrong.
Re: Many Shall Come In My Name by ttalks(m): 11:13pm On May 23, 2009
Nobody needs to waste any energy proving you wrong.
It is true that verse is referring to a lot of the false teachers within the Christian world.
It is referring to those who are preaching a distorted gospel of Christ; those who twist the sayings of the bible to mean things they do not mean.
It is also referring to the various anti christs that are popping up here and there.

Nobody is denying such a fact; so it is just a waste of time bringing this up.
Re: Many Shall Come In My Name by jagunlabi(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2009
Can you shed light on who these socalled "anti christs" are?
From my own understanding, christians themselves are the anti christs because they preach,believe and accept everything that Jesus did not teach,and that since the christian faith was created about some 1,700 years ago.They are the only ones who fit the description ascribed by Jesus in that verse.
And let us bear in mind that Jesus was a jew and of jewish faith(until proven otherwise),and never a christian(the christian religion did not even exist in his time).
ttalks:

It is also referring to the various anti christs that are popping up here and there.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe / Tattoo And Defacing! / Extracts Frm D Found Gospel Of Jesus Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.