Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Tattoo And Defacing! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoo And Defacing! (640 Views)

Tattoo On The Body Is Evil / Am I A Hypocrite For Getting The Lords Prayer Tattoo / Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tattoo And Defacing! by ayobase(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2009
Tattoo and Defacing Carving. Are They Ungodly?

I have been hearing this same message from Pastors since last couples of years, but it has never been of any meaning to me cos I was only religious, but spiritual.
It eventually struck me while reading thru my Bible this morning and that is the Book of Leviticus 19:28.
Was totally struck dead when I saw this. Don’t even deface with carving and don’t put mark (tattoo) on ur body. With researching, I learnt that tattoo was a form of idol worshipping by the people of Amorites, Hittites, Jebusites and other generational occupants of the Promised Land before the Israelites took over.
These people had to make tattoos on their bodies to worship their idolS as the case may be, but mostly when there is death. It could be thru beating, fingering, biting and other vices.
With this, I learnt that one has to do some research or observation b4 a certain thing is done. I have been a victim of this, but it is time I let go. Permanent tattoos should be cleaned off by operation or by any other means. God detests this. Yes, we are vulnerable to some certain things cos of ignorance, but it isn’t an excuse. I am very sure that somebody outside there can still come to justify this, don’t even think it cos I wouldn’t compromise so far it is boldly written in the Bible without any MISCONCEPTION.
It is not even only the case of tattoo, but also in ramifications of shaving/carving and having of hair cut. Shaving/carving of one’s beard or side board that will result into defacing is detested by God. Also, the one of baldly shaving ones hair after a death in mourning is not Biblical. These have been forms of idols worshipping in the past.
This goes down to the fact that what one knows not its origin/basic should not in any way be of influence.

KNOW THE TRUTH, AND IT WILL SET YOU FREE!!!
Re: Tattoo And Defacing! by JeSoul(f): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2009
The very foundation of your argument in flawed hence the rest of your case is no stronger than a house of cards. However no need for repetition, this topic has been dealt with several times:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-108212.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-267506.0.html
Re: Tattoo And Defacing! by ayobase(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2009
I have been reading urs opinion(s)
from those threads, but,

Imagine Jesus Christ putting on a tattoo,
fine, u are gonna say civilisation matters!
pls, dont forget that He is the same today,
yesterday and forever!!!

Do u still remeber the perfect way?The Old Way!

People are so much losing it these days
due to the effect of civilisation and satan is
so fulfilled with that.

U at a point said Bible aint against tattoo,
where is that?

What does it even cost u to shun tattoo?

U have a very short period on this planet.
1000 years is like a day before God.

Imagine going to hell after wearing tatto
for 1.68hrs as per 70yrs in our world!

And please, stop being temperamental!

(1) (Reply)

Wanting God To Direct Your Path? / Aborted Feotuses Go To Heaven / Todays Devotion,9th August.2009(Your Life On Earth)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.