Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Three Paths - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88268 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
She noticed how Blossom's face crumpled in disappointment but of course Cosmos couldn’t see it. He was backing her so he missed the action. He smiled some more and Belinda noticed his pearly white teeth and beautiful smile ''I'll drop you off at your place once we're done. I promise'' he replied. Then he turned around and stared at Blossom who remained covered under her wrapper ''dear, did you hear that?''

''I did, thank you''

''Yeah and so I expect you to be up now lazy. C'mon, move that lovely body of yours and wear something real sexy'' then the pair began to laugh while Belinda watched on. As Blossom got up from the bed, he tapped her backside and she giggled in gratitude. But of course, as a girl she had to pretend small ''haba, see this man oh, leave me alone!''

''How can I leave you alone, don’t you know how much I love you'' then he looked at Belinda and continued ''I'll leave you girls to get ready, I'll be downstairs by the common room'' then he nodded at them and walked out of the room.

Suddenly the room was quiet like no one was present. At that time of the day, Blossom's roommates were away so the girls were all alone. Immediately, Blossom stepped out of her drab looking dress and striped down to her birthday suit. Her fair skin shone as she selected a fresh pair of undies. It was too much for Belinda to take so she shook her head and looked away.

Meanwhile Blossom opened her wardrobe and began to select some fancy looking dresses. As she pulled them out, she began to whistle ''what do you think of this?'' she asked.

Belinda stared at the dress then looked at her and stared at the dress again. She had absolutely nothing to say. Blossom quickly realized this but she was not one to give up especially when she was pretending. She flung the dress aside and brought out another one. This was a sleeveless, knee length red dress ''what of this one?'' she asked. All the while, she had a plain look on her face like nothing was amiss.

''Really?'' Belinda whispered. ''Really? Are you going to seriously act like this is routine?''

''Not here'' Blossom whispered through clenched teeth.

TBC

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by kenwins(f): 5:12am On Dec 07, 2015
Thumbs up....
#ReadingSilently.
Re: Three Paths by joliematt(f): 5:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Fantasy babe,u Dis gal,I dt really know wat to describe u,only u knows how to bring d beauty in ur characters.u rock gal,following u silently.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by stonecoldcafe: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2015
For now, Ebube appears to be the most sane of the three.
Re: Three Paths by Shebarh(f): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
For now, Ebube appears to be the most sane of the three.
All of them r insane.. except for Nat sha tongue

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by stonecoldcafe: 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Shebarh:
All of them r insane.. except for Nat sha tongue

Is a runs girl better than who is committed to 2 boyfriends? Lol
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
OMG! How in Nairaland did i miss this, was actually looking out for a new one from you at the romance section until i stumbled on this...how i so love the way you write Fantasy, you write so deep and always very easy to relate with, I mean it's fiction but looks very real with everyday life occurrences...God bless you swts with more insights and knowledge. Lemme quickly go back and catch up, had to comment 'sharpally' grin grin

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Shebarh(f): 3:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Is a runs girl better than who is committed to 2 boyfriends? Lol
at least she get sense pass the oda ones
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Still #team belinda#

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by etiosapeacepe(m): 12:48am On Dec 09, 2015
hmmmmmnmnn. am breathless swit write up....
Re: Three Paths by jtenna: 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
"Keep it coming baby!" In Belinda's voice wink
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
jtenna:
"Keep it coming baby!" In Belinda's voice wink

LOLZ
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2015
Everyone seemed to have arrived at the same time. Ebube had just finished showing off some new clothes and it was Natasha's turn. The moment she brought out the phone from a leather case, the room fell silent. Belinda had been sulking at a corner but the moment she saw the phone, she moved closer and whistled ''jeez, that’s like the Holy Grail!'' Ebube whispered.

''Give it to me'' Belinda hissed. She snatched the phone from Natasha and wiped the screen ''oh my God, this is the real deal Nat!''

''Where did you get it?'' Ebube asked. ''Is it your friend you met at the airport?''

''It's Chief's old phone. I helped him do some stuff and he decided to let me have this one''

''Really? This is expensive stuff and it's not the way you are saying it like old phone. Look! It's barely got a scratch on it. Chei Charles! Why you do me like this nah? Common small Nokia phone when don reign pass, I ask you nor gree give me yet see wetin Nat dey bring come as old phone. Girls, this is 2004 and I'm dulling oh!''

''Calm down and quit lamenting. I'm going to sell it sef'' Natasha continued.

''Why?'' Belinda asked.

''It's too much attention besides my phone is still new. But more than anything else, I need the cash. Ken's father is recovering but the family is still struggling. He told me that his dad needs to buy some drugs and it's not cheap''

''Hmm! You do so much sometimes that I actually forget you are a girlfriend''

''I agree'' Belinda continued.

''But what do you do when you can help and you truly love the boy?''

''That na JAMB question nah'' Belinda announced then everyone began to laugh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Kajiang02(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Let me know how to reach you fantasy.
Cheers.
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
[size=18pt]10[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Kajiang02:
Let me know how to reach you fantasy.
Cheers.

fantasyisland788@gmail.com
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
He was different and Belinda had to understand that. He wasn’t just different but he had great prospects. He was a whole medical doctor who had his eyes on a branch of medicine known as nephrology. Like that was surely going to be hot cake once he became a consultant. Dude (as Belinda often referred to him) was so handsome, so intelligent, honest, forthright and loving. He had his bad side alright but who didn’t?

The first time he said he wanted to become a nephrologist, Blossom went ''huh?'' then he broke it down and said ''like a renal physician'' and then she nodded but even then, she wasn’t sure of what he meant. He probably saw the look on her face so he told her ''like a kidney doctor'' and then she began to laugh at her herself. He understood her so well and she loved him to the moon and back. She wasn’t sure why Belinda couldn’t see the spark in him just yet but in the meantime, she had chosen to ignore her.

It took a while for Belinda to finally see that Blossom meant business. And after their final paper while the rest of their classmates were hugging each other, she swallowed her pride and walked up to Blossom. The pair hugged and ever since, Blossom had been weeping as the spirit led.

And as she continued weeping that night at the garden, Belinda stared right ahead and the tears continued to fall down her face. Suddenly her phone began to ring, it was Ebube. She was probably calling to say congratulations or something but Belinda was not interested.

Some seconds later, the congratulatory text message came in and she switched off her phone and kept it in her bag. As she did, she noticed Blossoms hands over her face. Her engagement ring sparkled and somewhere in her heart, she wanted to be happy for her friend ''the ring is sha lovely'' she finally whispered.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
''Yes you are but you have always been in denial''

''No you let me finish. I am not a lesbian like lesbian in that sense''

''A lesbian is a lesbian, try to colour it as much as you like''

Then Blossom cleared her throat and began to speak in a firm voice ''I am not like you. Have you forgotten how I got into this? It just happened. It's not like I was born like this or I've been dating girls. You recall I was actually dating a guy in 100 Level before we became friends''

''Hmm, tell me something else''

''I am not what you think I am. I am not your soul mate. This is not that serious for me; it's like a stopover before I get to my final destination. And marriage to a man is my final destination. I've never pretended about that and you know it''

''I hear you''

''I mean I like you but I like men too. I love Cosmos and we will get married. Don’t start acting up and doing funny things. Don’t try to badmouth him the way you did my last relationship because it wouldn’t work. I'm sure you know what I mean, you've been aware about this for quite a while and it's still waxing strong. If you try to thwart this thing, I would never forgive you. I will hate you forever and yes that’s how much I love Cosmos''

''You have looked me in the eyes and said you love him so why would I thwart your relationship. This is now more than a relationship. Why would I want to ruin your engagement? I wish you well but I can only ask that you remain vigilant. Dude is…''

''Here we go again''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
''We will get married. I understand your concerns and I thank you for it but I love him. He is not perfect but I've chosen him like that. I am not perfect either and he has chosen me. Bel, this madness has got to end some day. We are in Nigeria and there is no future for us''

''If we like go abroad… I mean to like the USA it would be okay. I can help you get papers and stuff. You can go as a student and we can… like… civil partnership is allowed there… ''

''I don’t think you get it Bel. I don’t want to live as a lesbian in Nigeria or USA! I want to marry a man. I want to have my children. I want to bear children. This is just childish stuff I indulged in and it's over. ITS OVER BELINDA, ITS OVER FOREVER!'' then Blossom stood on her feet and picked up her handbag ''it's over Belinda!'' she repeated.

''It's okay, stop shouting''

''No, I will shout some more. You can choose to remain in it but that’s for you. I won't judge you so don’t judge me. You can choose to remain civil with me like a decent person or stay out the door. You can choose to be friend or foe, it's up to you. Just know that whatever you choose to do would not change my wedding plans with Cosmos''

''It's okay, I hear you. I hear you loud and clear. I wish you well…''

''Thank you and good luck to you''

By this time, Blossom's tears were long gone but Belinda continued to cry like her life was over ''can we at least like hug or something?'' she asked. She continued to cry and as she did, her shoulders continued to rake. She looked like a complete mess! Earlier on, Blossom would have hugged her but not that day. Hugging Belinda had long reaching effects and a final romp was not something she wanted to indulge in. It was going to be hard but someone had to do it ''I'm so sorry'' Blossom whispered ''but it ends here. There is no need for that. Bye now'' then she walked out of the garden with determined strides. Belinda continued to cry as she watched Blossom's retreating figure.

Blossom heard her cries alright but there was no looking back one last time. She had burned her bridges and there was no wishful longing. From that point, it was one way forward and her future lay ahead with Dr Cosmos Ndukwe.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Bb4u(f): 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
tnx for d update ma'am...
Re: Three Paths by hottadiva(f): 12:00am On Dec 10, 2015
thank You fantasy. your attention to details is on point!!!

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2015
cheesy
Re: Three Paths by Shebarh(f): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nice one blossom..

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by mubzay(f): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
I hope she finds happiness with Dr Comos. I feel for Belinda. What's are nxt step now?
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
[size=18pt]10 years later[/size]
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
[size=18pt]11[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit / Last Gang Standing (Crime)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.