Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. (27651 Views)

Any Diet Or Drug To Become Fat And Add Weight? / 7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore / 8 Common Habits That Are Unhealthy For Your Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by charlsecy(m): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
AsanwaKC:
....a spoonfull of pap contains 91cal
Raw or prepared?

Vyolet:
Slim people also get diabetes,it is not a disease for fat people.
True, but being obese increases risks.

DetectiveDeb:
She doesn't need loads of fruits if she really wants to loose weight, cos they are packed with sugar.
It is almost impossible to consume too much fructose from taking fruits. They are miles better and healthier than regular and added sugar.

martyns303:
Cheap foods got the highest calories, moreover being fat is in some persons genes. I have seen someone who ate only fruits and water in an attempt to loose weight but was still gaining.
Even though taking fruits are a healthy choice, care should be taken not to exceed the calories required for weight loss. Check http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-calories-per-day/ to determine how many calories required daily to maintain or lose weight, based on current weight and activity level.

freshcvvs:
And does this person exercise or just eat fruits and drinks water thinking these are enough to lose weight?
How many hours per day does the person sit?
Those are good questions. A combination of exercise, increased activity level and diet is usually required for weight loss. However, it is still possible to lose weight with just diet given a limited calorific consumption.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by freshcvvs: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

Those are good questions. A combination of exercise, increased activity level and diet is usually required for weight loss. However, it is still possible to lose weight with just diet given a limited calorific consumption.

I doubt of eating fruits alone is enough to make one lose weight.

Diet is not just about fruits consumption and watwr drinking you know?

The quantities and periods matter too same with the activities.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Emasel:

I'ld like to confirm. I'm quite sure you are chubby.
confirm if you can smiley

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by charlsecy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
freshcvvs:

I doubt of eating fruits alone is enough to make one lose weight.

Diet is not just about fruits consumption and watwr drinking you know?

The quantities and periods matter too same with the activities.
One can lose weight on just fruits, but it's not advisable as one would lose out on other nutrients that fruits can't provide.

Weight loss is usually created when one consumes fewer calories than one's body needs. For example, if one's body needs 2600 calories daily to maintain one's weight, then if one consumes 2100 calories daily, that is, 500 calories fewer; by one week, one would have created a deficit of 3500 calories [500 calories x 7], which is equivalent to 1 pound (~ 0.5 kg). One should lose around 1 pound in such a case. One should lose weight whether one creates the carolific deficit through exercise, diet or their combination.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by freshcvvs: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

One can lose weight on just fruits, but it's not advisable as you would lose out on other nutrients that fruits can't provide.

Weight loss is usually created when one consumes fewer calories than one's body needs. For example, if one's body needs 2600 calories daily to maintain one's weight, then if one consumes 2100 calories daily, that is 500 calories fewer; by one week, one would have created a deficit of 3500 calories [500 calories x 7], which is equivalent to 1 pound (~ 0.5 kg). One should lose around 1 pound in such a case. One should lose weight whether one creates the carolific deficit through exercise, diet or their combination.

In one sentence, you are saying eating fruits alone can make you lose weight even if you sit on your butt all day?
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by manny4life(m): 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

One can lose weight on just fruits, but it's not advisable as you would lose out on other nutrients that fruits can't provide.

Weight loss is usually created when one consumes fewer calories than one's body needs. For example, if one's body needs 2600 calories daily to maintain one's weight, then if one consumes 2100 calories daily, by one week, one would have created a deficit of 3500 calories, which is equivalent to 1 pound (~ 0.5 kg). One should lose around 1 pound in such a case. One should lose weight whether one creates the carolific deficit through exercise, diet or their combination.

Story... Go and teach your theory to experienced doctors on the show "My 600 Pound Life" which airs on TLC. You want to lose weight without any form of physical activity/exercise right? Okay... I really wish Dr. Nowzaradan as well as his team can see this statement.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by masties2(f): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
It is very possible to lose weight on diet alone without physical exercise, but not advisable because you end up losing muscles mass as well. The first thing you lose is water weight. Another dis advantage of loosing weight this way is it makes you look Sicky and pale e.g like malnourished prisoners. Exercise doesn't really loose weight it firms the body up. Calorie deficit causes the weight loss whether by diet or exercise like a poster rightly said above. It is 70diet, 30% exercise. People workout and add weight when they don't control their diet

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
losing weight as long as you can stay motivated...
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by charlsecy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
Anyone can lose weight if they create a calorific deficit. If a calorific deficit doesn't make you lose weight, then you may need professional help, and your metabolism could be impaired.

masties2:
Exercise doesn't really loose weight it firms the body up. Calorie deficit causes the weight loss whether by diet or exercise like a poster rightly said above. It is 70diet, 30% exercise. People workout and add weight when they don't control their diet
Exercise can help achieve calorific deficit required for a weight loss. For example, if one is on daily 2000 calories to lose weight, one can afford to consume 2200 calories, and then burn off the excess 200 calories through exercise. That way, exercise is handy for a weight-loss plan.
However, if one doesn't want to do exercise, then one has to consume just the given 2000 calories and still lose weight.

manny4life:
Story... Go and teach your theory to experienced doctors on the show "My 600 Pound Life" which airs on TLC. You want to lose weight without any form of physical activity/exercise right? Okay...
Please do not doubt. The reason why doctors including Dr. Nowzaradan would recommend exercise as one of the ways towards weight loss is because it is healthy. I emphasise again that you can lose weight without traditional exercise, if you are on diet, but it's not a healthy way to lose weight. That is why doctors would always include exercise, as it not only help you lose weight, but also improves your general wellbeing and health.

freshcvvs:
.... you are saying eating fruits alone can make you lose weight even if you sit on your butt all day?
Yes, because your body burns a minimal amount of calories called Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), even if you lie on bed all day. For example, if your BMR is 1200 calories, and you lie on bed all day, if you consume 800 calories daily, you can still lose weight because of the calorific deficit. But I must say it's an unhealthy way to lose weight.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
goldendainty:
I'm not fat/obese!

ok, bye
Somehow, i believe you are lying. I very much believe you are near obese.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
I don't recommend dieting for ladies rather i recommend exercise and good nutrition. I love those curves on a ladie's body most especially around d hips and back region. Lord have mercy. Tired of seeing chewstick gals claiming to be healthy. Who told u dat u are healthy? Skinny does not mean healthy.

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Somehow, i believe you are lying. I very much believe you are near obese.
Do you mind checking what dainty means? wink tongue
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by freshcvvs: 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

Yes, because your body burns a minimal amount of calories called Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), even if you lie on bed all day. For example, if your BMR is 1200 calories, and you lie on bed all day, if you consume 800 calories daily, you can still lose weight because of the calorific deficit. But I must say it's an unhealthy way to lose weight.

I disagree.

And you even said it's not healthy not to exercise.

Another thing exercise does to the body is to help various parts of the body stay within "shape", it's not just about losing weight, it's also about balance which diet alone can't do. True?
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
goldendainty:

Do you mind checking what dainty means? wink tongue
For your mind now u dey teach me english abi. Funny enough neva heard that word before. So u are small(petite) and attractive in ur mind. I have got "something" for petite ladies.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

For your mind now u dey teach me english abi. Funny enough neva heard that word before. So u are small(petite) and attractive in ur mind. I have got "something" for petite ladies.
cheesy

i don't want the "something" tongue
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Emasel(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
goldendainty:
confirm if you can smiley
And I have confirmed, you aint chubby as I expected.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
goldendainty:
cheesy

i don't want the "something" tongue

why now? Abi u dey fear. Awon petite gals won bad gan ooh. Wait first, what do you think i mean by "something".
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by charlsecy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
freshcvvs:
I disagree.
With what?

freshcvvs:
And you even said it's not healthy not to exercise..
Translated properly, your words mean,

"And you even said it's unhealthy not to exercise."

Of course, that is right. It is healthy to exercise.

freshcvvs:
Another thing exercise does to the body is to help various parts of the body stay within "shape", it's not just about losing weight, it's also about balance which diet alone can't do. True?
Yes, but read my comments. You only confirmed my words.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

why now? Abi u dey fear. Awon petite gals won bad gan ooh. Wait first, what do you think i mean by "something".
something is something tongue
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by freshcvvs: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

With what?

Translated properly, your words mean,

"And you even said it's unhealthy not to exercise."

Of course, that is right. It is healthy to exercise.

Yes, but read my comments. You only confirmed my words.

Why starve myself when i can easily eat anything when i exercise?

I will get a better result self.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Emasel:

And I have confirmed, you aint chubby as I expected.
told ya wink

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by charlsecy(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
freshcvvs:
Why starve myself when i can easily eat anything when i exercise?
Not really. That you exercise doesn't mean you should eat anything you like. You have to take healthy diet and keep within your calorific needs to remain healthy.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by freshcvvs: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
charlsecy:

Not really. That you exercise doesn't mean you should eat anything you like. You have to take healthy diet and keep within your calorific needs to remain healthy.

Well i eat anything i like o and i remain fit.

Exercise every weekend for 1-2 hours.

Multiple times a week for 10-20 mins.

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by charlsecy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
@freshcvvs,
Good. I, myself, am a good rope skipper, doing over 2000 skips at a stretch within an average time of 15 minutes. I remember having difficulty going just above 100 in the early days, but it is different now. I do skips in addition to jogging, and other body-weight and abs exercises. I will soon incorporate free weights in my fitness plan.
Re: Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. by freshcvvs: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
charlsecy:
@freshcvvs,
Good. I, myself, am a good rope skipper, doing over 2000 skips at a stretch within an average time of 15 minutes. I remember having difficulty going just above 100 in the early days, but it is different now. I do skips in addition to jogging, and other body-weight and abs exercises. I will soon incorporate free weights in my fitness plan.

Cool.. i am not in the weight lifting category, i do other exercises except weight lifting..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASTMA Official Slumps On Traffic Duty (PHOTO) / Okonjo Iweala: Nigeria Might Get COVID-19 Vaccines From January 2021 / Ayeni Conjoined Twins Undergo Successful Seperation Surgery (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.