Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC (2846 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / Buhari Requests For N1trillion From NASS For Supplementary Budget(photos) / Echocho Concedes As Wada Wins Primary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by azimibraun: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2015
I don't care what backlash I will get from my igala people. I dare to say that if by our laws the late Audu's running mate James Faleke is now the party's flagebearer, then Jibrin Isah Echocho should be made his running mate and the Igalas should give their total support. I don't believe in tribalism I believe in oneness, competence and opportunities. I see an opportunity to groom the only known Igala person that can enjoy 10% of the love and acceptability the late Prince Audu enjoyed and thats the bigger picture for me. The Igalas urgently need a pointman and Echocho is just our only candidate. The death of Audu is a big test for tthe igalanation and we must not fail. If James Faleke was good for our late hero, then we should honour our late hero. He was comfortable with Faleke and loved Echocho. The Hausas were put to the GEJ test they gave support in 2011 and passed. The Igalas cannot fail. I would rather build the future (Echocho) than be driven by pride and sentiment of today( Wada). All am saying is, if it's possible by law. What is the position of the Law?

6 Likes

Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by valilo20(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by powerfulsettingz: 7:07am On Nov 23, 2015
^
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by powerfulsettingz: 7:07am On Nov 23, 2015
End time opinion
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by kettykin: 7:08am On Nov 23, 2015
The first mistake is a mistake but the second mistake is a deliberate act of impunity and stupidity against oneself
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by Dannyset(m): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2015
Now life is wicked. Can you imagine the dead has not even been buried, and we are already talking about who runs with who. Hummm!
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by Funbox3: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2015
embarassed

Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by folhenrry4flizzy(m): 7:16am On Nov 23, 2015
azimibraun:
I don't care what backlash I will get from my igala people. I dare to say that if by our laws the late Audu's running mate James Faleke is now the party's flagebearer, then Jibrin Isah Echocho should be made his running mate and the Igalas should give their total support. I don't believe in tribalism I believe in oneness, competence and opportunities. I see an opportunity to groom the only known Igala person that can enjoy 10% of the love and acceptability the late Prince Audu enjoyed and thats the bigger picture for me. The Igalas urgently need a pointman and Echocho is just our only candidate. The death of Audu is a big test for tthe igalanation and we must not fail. If James Faleke was good for our late hero, then we should honour our late hero. He was comfortable with Faleke and loved Echocho. The Hausas were put to the GEJ test they gave support in 2011 and passed. The Igalas cannot fail. I would rather build the future (Echocho) than be driven by pride and sentiment of today( Wada). All am saying is, if it's possible by law. What is the position of the Law?
Seconded
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by tuniski: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2015
azimibraun:
You are simply tribalistic but, trying hard to appear above board. Wada and late Audu are Igalas so, making it feel like u are compensating the Yorubas for a later day dominance is playing d ostrich! Any contraption aside directly voting and freely too for non Igala from primaries to secondary election is a doom waiting to happen. The GEJ example is still fresh on how the hausa/fulani plus the yorubas simply frustrated him out of office. Kogi won't sleep with Faleke as gov till 2019! QED
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by Acjohn(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2015
If APC present any none Igala candidate, they will lose in Kogi. quote me. any body that would think of that is planning for APC failure. Igalas would prefer a none performing Igala governor than another language.

1 Like

Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by stabillo(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2015
azimibraun:
Bro I like both Faleke and Echocho
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by RealPhoenix(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2015
tuniski:
You are simply tribalistic but, trying hard to appear above board. Wada and late Audu are Igalas so, making it feel like u are compensating the Yorubas for a later day dominance is playing d ostrich! Any contraption aside directly voting and freely too for non Igala from primaries to secondary election is a doom waiting to happen. The GEJ example is still fresh on how the hausa/fulani plus the yorubas simply frustrated him out of office. Kogi won't sleep with Faleke as gov till 2019! QED

nope. you are the one being tribalistic here. get a life

4 Likes

Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by ChemicalMallam(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2015
hmmm
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by edogirl2: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2015
azimibraun:
The death of Audu is a big test for tthe igalanation and we must not fail. If James Faleke was good for our late hero, then we should honour our late hero. He was comfortable with Faleke and loved Echocho. The Hausas were put to the GEJ test they gave support in 2011 and passed. The Igalas cannot fail. [b]I would rather build the future (Echocho) [/b]than be driven by pride and sentiment of today( Wada). All am saying is, if it's possible by law. What is the position of the Law?

Things dont always work like this in Nigerian politics, particulalry when you have crafty 'external forces' involved in shaping the selection of candidates.

If INEC determines that Faleke can step in as APC's Guber candidate, this Echocho guy will likely not be chosen as the running mate.

1. Giving Faleke an opportunity to break the Igala domination in that State is probably a greater reward to some than accommodating Igala's preference for Echocho

2. Echocho is a very ambituous man who has contested Governorship primaries in both PDP and APC

3. Making someone as powerful and ambituous as this a Deputy is asking for trouble for Faleke

The more likely outome is that 'external forces' in APC would end up picking a low- profile, probably elderly grin Deputy for Faleke

APC can then use the next 4 years to launder and build the profile of this deputy so that he can become useful in winning Igala votes for a Faleke's 2nd term.

This is what I think will happen.
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by tuniski: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
RealPhoenix:

nope. you are the one being tribalistic here. get a life
Hmmm a generic response. Enjoy your day.
Re: James Faleke & Jibrin Echocho Isah For Supplementary Election In Kogi. APC by tpiadotcom: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Another Igala man should get the ticket.

I have said my own.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Has Gone Mad Again - BUHARI / Fulani Gun Men Kidnaps Dss Director / How To Stop Nnamdi Kanu From Visiting Lagos, Kaduna - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.