Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers (29326 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
omeke12:
a

watin be ur problem? undecided
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by vislabraye(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chai !! A whole 153. Is it not up to half or more of the total number of lecturers
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by possibilita(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Speechless
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by WafiJoe(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Too bad man. This is why we should earn extra income. Nigerians should learn to think outside the box.

Check my signature to know how I want to make $1,000 in no time.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Retributionn: 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mizmycolli and firefire will soon blame APC and Buhari for this
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by kunzaar83(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by jomoh: 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
omeke12:
Unemployment level rising

APC..!!! CHANGE..!!!!

Shaataap!

Shey na APC be Enugu state governor.

Ewu gambia

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by pantless(m): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
Most of dem re End time lecturers...folow Jesus That's all..alumnite for life
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by basilo101: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
good, cut down excess civil service
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by kunzaar83(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dt's bad, hw much do dey have left if dey are sacking dt number?
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by miqos02(m): 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
hmm
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
#onlyinNIGERIA
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Kazrem(m): 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
How many go come remain?
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Marcelinho(m): 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2015

my CV is ready
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Moreoffaith(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
153¿¿ hmmm where are we heading to in this country? Sack here and there... If govt can't provide us a job let's all get ourselves one... Na God say make don learn barbing for secondary school. grin
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by omojeesu(m): 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
ritababe:
THE authorities of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Enugu has sacked 153 lecturers from its employ.
Although no official reason was given for the exercise, but it was gathered that the sack, which also affected a Professor and a Reader cut across various departments in the university.

A statement announcing the sack dated November 23 and signed by the Registrar, Leonard Khama, and made available to Tribune Online, said: “I am directed to inform you and you are hereby informed that the university is presently not
positioned to employ you.

“You should, therefore, hand over university property in your possession to the Head of Department. If, however, your services are required in the future by the university, you will be informed accordingly.”

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/enugu-state-university-sacks-153-lecturers

Endangered species!
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Firefire(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
Retributionn:
Mizmycolli and firefire will soon blame APC and Buhari for this

Buhary.... Wait let me read the post first, but I don't trust Buhary. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Chartey(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
muscoliscious:
Bring Young Lecturers not people teaching with their note from 1910 ka 9ja na aga aga
What do the young lecturers know? It's not just about being intelligent.
How many papers have they written?
How many published articles?
How many seminars?
How much research?
You want to sack a PhD holder and employ an MSc holder who doesn't even know how to start a thesis?
How influential are the young lecturers in their professional associations and councils? The university benefits from the influence professors wield in these associations.
Many many benefits of having old and experienced lecturers in the university.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by menix(m): 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
tunwumi:
This is a very dumb step by the governing council of a university

Baba anyone who knows about ESUT knows u re d Dumb one...

Do u know anything about ESUT

These lecturers have turned ESUT to secondary school evening class..

I will prefer my child learning trade than going to ESUT..

So sacking that number of lecturers is due, they need to restructure, reform infact deliver that school from Vices cous they don't pass knowledge rather u learn how to be a hard man....

1 Like

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by free2ryhme: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
tunwumi:
This is a very dumb step by the governing council of a university

It was not dumb when they increased your school fees over 100%
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Justicealh3(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
When U been Sack 4rm office.....

Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Toosure70: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
If it was aregbesola some people would committed sucide
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by tunwumi: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
I expect you to be more intelligent when posting on public forum. The fact that ESUT( as you claimed) is a secondary elementary school does not give right to anybody to infringe on the standard contract of employment that I know.

menix:

Baba anyone who knows about ESUT knows u re d Dumb one...

Do u know anything about ESUT

These lecturers have turned ESUT to secondary school evening class..

I will prefer my child learning trade than going to ESUT..

So sacking that number of lecturers is due, they need to restructure, reform infact deliver that school from Vices cous they don't pass knowledge rather u learn how to be a hard man....
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Aliyu333: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
State uni are crazy. Am sorry if you are an alumni of or in one. But i aint taking that back cos i meant it.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by tunwumi: 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
free2ryhme:

It was not dumb when they increased your school fees over 100%

I hand u over to your reprobate mind.
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
yatch360:
How many lecturers do they have in the first place to sack that number
l wonder
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
If they are qualified lecturers the private universities need to quickly retain them. I spit on Enugu university! Ptui! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers by RexTramadol1: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
In the last days........People will be relieved of their jobs as if their sack will make their nation as good as the western world!

ONLY in the last days......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.