Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,404 members, 7,954,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers (102801 Views)

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Thistrendblog(f): 4:08am On May 21, 2017
This post has in it; how much a Nigerian professor earns per annum and the salary of a Nigerian lecturer from lecturer 2, senior lecturer to a professor yearly in a typical university in Nigeria.

It is often said that the academic system is where the best profession lies. You might be wondering how much a professor is paid for lecturing. Truth being said, university lecturers salary in Nigeria isn’t that bad. Although, you have to start as a graduate assistant before you attain such heights in education sector.

Below is a breakdown or list of how much Nigerian lecturers is paid from lecturer II to professor level per annum.

Salaries of Nigerian Lecturers
1. Lecturer II earns N1,649,509 to N1,979,640 yearly.

2. Lecturer I is paid N2,079,996 to N2,684,010 per annum.

3. Senior Lecturer earns N3,091,505 to 4,455,506 per annum.

4. Reader earns N3,768,221 to N5,004,750 Naira yearly.

5. A Professor in Nigeria earns N4,580,349 - N6,020,163 yearly.

As seen from the salaries of lecturers in Nigeria above, a Nigerian professor is paid far more than the rest. In Nigeria, only a few civil servants salary could match that.

Its no surprise that graduates are vying for lecturing jobs in Nigeria. Although, private universities pay higher than both state and federal universities.

This does not mean that the work of being a lecturer in a Nigerian university isn’t stressful. The job requires passion, effort, sacrifice and discipline. Apart from the fact that professors are paid huge amount of salary, they still go sabbatical leave which allows them do per time contract job with other universities.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/salary-structure-of-nigerian-lecturers.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, CrazyMan, 1forall

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Osezzua(m): 4:30am On May 21, 2017
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by LordIsaac(m): 5:14am On May 21, 2017
Hmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by babyfaceafrica: 7:09am On May 21, 2017
Nice..but all these are the legal money abi?..no mention of books for sale, handouts sale and other source of money .also some lecturers do consultancy for private and public parastatals.....other incentives like those slay mamas that hold table for marks......chai..lecturers dey flex........all in all..this salary is small compared to other jobs like oil ,banks and auditing.the only plus is job security!!!!

27 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Kjking(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2017
Good salary structure. most are just womanizers

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by kolafolabi(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2017
Initially, a ward Councillor earned more than them. Thanks to OBJ that reviewed the salary structures with the assistance of ASUU national body.

8 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by passionatebae: 7:10am On May 21, 2017
Hmm
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by veekid(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2017
Not bad sha
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Nobody: 7:11am On May 21, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by lonelydora: 7:11am On May 21, 2017
Why won't the sale of handouts and settlements for a good grade be on the increase if this is what they earn? Nigeria is just a Zoo. Somebody please post that pix of Legislators salary.

So a whole Professor don't even earn half of a Graduate trainee salary in Oil companies or NLNG?

And We dey respect them like a demigod.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:11am On May 21, 2017
Quite a respectable chunk of wages in the present Nigerian situation.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by greatiyk4u(m): 7:12am On May 21, 2017
No empirical evidence to back up your claim

7 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by fiyin47(m): 7:12am On May 21, 2017
I am not suprised, few comments and already on FP
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by tetula123(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2017
lecturing job na soft work.. free punna, both those you need and those you nor need go find you come...sorting come join too... imagine a class of 200 like 100 people sort, 5k per person, you Don soft finish be that.
sometimes you no need enter class self, Just enter day like 10mins you move out no body fit cough, based on no body day supervise them.
I remember that year for unizik Mr Titus and Mr promise go teach you six chapters in 15mins, you go fear fear that time.
na God go save NIGERIA sha

22 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Dottore: 7:13am On May 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by updatesflow: 7:13am On May 21, 2017
No wonder some of these lecturers act as mini gods. just because of the change they are collecting
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Capableben(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2017
.... I dont wanna be a lecturer.

contact BEEJAY ARTS and have yourself/loved one turned into a lovely Cartoon today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by mirac19ba(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2017
so after these ones, they ll na come & earn another round of salary via materials and bribery ish'.... *it's ok

1 Like

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by mekstaniac(m): 7:15am On May 21, 2017
Sign me up for a lecturing job
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Partnerbiz(f): 7:17am On May 21, 2017
Which passion and effort does it require?
That is the easiest FG job anybody can do..

5 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Primusinterpares(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2017
That means a professor receives like +/-#500k per month.
While a lecturer 2 receives like +/-#140k per month...
And you want them not to indulge in extortion abi
I shake my head 4 this country...

But I doubt this info...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by ednut1(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2017
Amateur blogger grin writing like primary 6 pupil. Yeye lecturers dem go still collect bribes and fuk different babes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by iluvpomo(m): 7:19am On May 21, 2017
It's about time our lecturers are rewarded justly. An educated nation is a wealthy nation.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Nobody: 7:20am On May 21, 2017
These salaries are small.

6 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Atiku2019: 7:20am On May 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin
The real salary structure is far below what you posted OP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Nobody: 7:20am On May 21, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Which passion and effort does it require?
That is the easiest FG job anybody can do..
You are joking right cos lecturing job ain't easy.

5 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by talktonase(m): 7:23am On May 21, 2017
With the current recession and the depreciating value of the naira what ever the earn should be divided by two to get the actual amount.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Sunshyne200(m): 7:25am On May 21, 2017
And I heard their polytechnic counterparts earn much higher. Though I don't know how true this is.

4 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by kolafolabi(m): 7:26am On May 21, 2017
Sunshyne200:
And I heard their polytechnic counterparts earn much higher. Though I don't know how true this is.

That is so untrue

5 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by AlphaT1(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2017
Osezzua:

Well, lecturing isn't bad but if you are going into it for money, get ready to be frustrated! I left lecturing (in a first grade federal university) for something else and I am not regretting, though I would still go back someday.
OP, not every profession begins as graduate assistant, I started as an assistant lecturer. My senior colleagues (profs and PhDs) almost 'dried me up' with tasks; they will send me to administer test on their behalf, give me hundreds of scripts to mark overnight, I was having sleepless nights every day and getting more frustrated!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by dfrost: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
tetula123:
lecturing job na soft work.. free punna, both those you need and those you nor need go find you come...sorting come join too... imagine a class of 200 like 100 people sort, 5k per person, you Don soft finish be that.
sometimes you no need enter class self, Just enter day like 10mins you move out no body fit cough, based on no body day supervise them.
I remember that year for unizik Mr Titus and Mr promise go teach you six chapters in 15mins, you go fear fear that time.
na God go save NIGERIA sha

Bros I hope say you no dey plan become lecturer with all the analysis wey you give up there? I don dey fear you ooo.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! / Sacked Chicken Republic Dancers At A University In Cyprus (Photos) / Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.