Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,314 members, 7,860,761 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break (5801 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by JJYOU: 6:16pm On May 25, 2009
Outstrip:

I think your wife needs to get counselling on her own. Not with you. There is something there that makes her not want to be close or intimate with people. If you guys can afford it then I think she should see a therapist on her own and then you guys can do it together. From you description of the issues she is not a bad person just that she is not approachable and that can kill any relationship. People are not born like that. Something ought to have happened that makes her not trust people. Is she a middle child?
you are so right. some people are so akward and difficult it is unbelievable. so many people are wired to be single. they have no business being in relationships
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by vostel(f): 6:37pm On May 25, 2009
I believe Earthy gave you the best advice so far.  In addition to his/her advice, I would suggest the following:

I watched a movie called Fireproof a few months ago. it is a christian movie on marriages -- if you can get your hands on it, i reccommend watching it.  The movie is certainly NOT based on an african marriage, but I think the ideas in the movie are cross cultural.

Here is my advice (some of which came from the movie), everyday for the next month or so, do something unexpectedly romantic for her and say nothing negative to her.  Even she is povoking you, just walk away or hold your tongue.  This is easier said than done, but God will give you grace.

Stop talking to her about what is wrong with the marriage (for now).  You said you already tried doing that and it has not worked.  So do not keep talking-- if she is not responding, then it is a waste of effort at this point.   Rather, just start showing her you love her very much by doing unexpectedly romantic things for her.  For example, you may send her flowers, maybe leave her love notes, maybe call her during the day at work to say you love her, etc.  And when you do these things, do them wholeheartedly.  So, for example, do not send her a cheap bunch of flowers o!  it won't help. Send her the vey best you can afford so that she can see that you have put some effort into it.  Other ideas include making her dinner, maybe helping out with household chores to give her a treat.

This is very difficult to do because she may not respond to some or even most of your actions, she may straight up reject your efforts, or worse, she may mock you for trying to things differently.  But do not expect a reward or even acceptance from her.  Rather, PRAYERFULLY do these things. Make sure your efforts are firmly backed up by prayer. PRAY PRAY PRAY and PRAY again.  

If you have a good christian male friend (preferably someone older that you trust), you may confide in him and ask for his advice as well.  But, if you want to save your marriage, God has to be the center of the relationship. Otherwise, all the trying you are doing is in vain. from what you have described, your wife has likely fallen out of love with you and her heart is not in the relationship.  Only God can make the difference at this point.  But don't just pray and fold your ams.  Be proactive and ask God that the little effort you are making will be sufficient.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by stallng(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2009
Candidly, i'm surprised i coulnd't find anyone saying the Brotha should simply ask the wife if she's happy. Its a tough thing to say to the father of your children but it might be easier for her to open up if he asks her after a quiet day together of saying nothing perhaps.
A relationship is supposed to be two ppl working together to keep each other happy! She should work as hard as it seems you're willing to.
Not to water down the value of prayers but, hands on, grime-under-the-nails work is needed here andd not really a 7 day fast.

if she says she's happy, tell her your're not. And if she's not really interested in working with you through it, then maybe she needs a break- a short holiday from the whole 'family'.

A frustrated life together just doesn't seem worth it to me.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by Builder: 7:15pm On May 25, 2009
Why are you folks blaming the wife. Ya'll making it look as if the she is some kind of demon, obviously before the wife can turn that cold, the dude must have done something stupid or completely misunderstood the babe. Prolly the dude is boring, or over-controlling, this is a new century and women are standing up for themselves, if she isnt happy in the relationship she has evey right to jump ship. Simple.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by stallng(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2009
possibly he might be to blame but, he's the one who's here for help.

Besides, he's got a tonn of advice already to help him out if he's the one with issues.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by 2tait: 7:42pm On May 25, 2009
Ray

U are the best person to advise yourself on this matter.
Nobody can truly do it for u.
Most of the people offering advice don't know what u are going through
and probably don't understand what it means to live with a treacherous woman or man.
U know where the shoe pinches u.
U know what u want.
Apply wisdom, and u will also know what to do? Go for it.

visit:

http://wetindeyforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=daac6429cd3823fa455c4ebf89a47fb8&topic=27.0
when it seems not to be working
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by mayor007(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2009
Please just try pray and endure, Even though am not married I believe communication is key, Sit here down and force her to voice out her thoughts using psychoanalysis, Just remember one thing don't force her to do anything against her wish cus 'when a woman is fed up there is nothing you can do about it - R Kelly' good luck
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by Passion4u(f): 9:39pm On May 25, 2009
Pls permit me 2use my wrong english. Since u said she pray alot, i think de best way 2get her is through ur morning and evening devotion. Always pray together. and whenever u pray wit her, always tell God de things u wil like him 2change abt ur marriage. I don't mean silence prayer, pray openly and loudly, so dat she can hear it. To me, dat is when she wil get de massage & also know de things dat borders u. Wit de grace of God, such prayer wil neva return unanswer. Dat's my little advice. Take k.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by Oxone(m): 3:35am On May 26, 2009
Feelitx:

What is the point staying in a marriage where there is no communication? You could try seeking help from anyone she respects.

i would suggest you do this first before doing anything else
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by walestar(m): 5:38am On May 26, 2009
May God have mercy, maybe she is the born again type. my uncle experienced same problem with his wife and both have divorced each other now. like one of the lady in nairaland said, Courtship is important and the foundation of your relationship have affected the future
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by JJYOU: 9:24am On May 26, 2009
walestar:

May God have mercy, maybe she is the born again type. my uncle experienced same problem with his wife and both have divorced each other now. like one of the lady in nairaland said, Courtship is important and the foundation of your relationship have affected the future
naija born again get as them be. most are signs and wonders waiting to manifest.  you are safer marrying one godless heathen in naija than most of these name it claim it CINO "born again"
Builder:

Why are you folks blaming the wife. Ya'll making it look as if the she is some kind of demon, obviously before the wife can turn that cold, the dude must have done something stupid or completely misunderstood the babe. Prolly the dude is boring, or over-controlling,  this is a new century and women are standing up for themselves, if she isnt happy in the relationship she has evey right to jump ship. Simple.
and the choir said amen. marriage is hard work. the every one jumping ship mindset is the main cause of the nightmares our youths are experiencing now.

good solid families/marriages are the bed rock of any stable viable society.
vostel:

I believe Earthy gave you the best advice so far.  In addition to his/her advice, I would suggest the following:

I watched a movie called Fireproof a few months ago. it is a christian movie on marriages -- if you can get your hands on it, i reccommend watching it.  The movie is certainly NOT based on an african marriage, but I think the ideas in the movie are cross cultural.

Here is my advice (some of which came from the movie), everyday for the next month or so, do something unexpectedly romantic for her and say nothing negative to her.  Even she is povoking you, just walk away or hold your tongue.  This is easier said than done, but God will give you grace.

Stop talking to her about what is wrong with the marriage (for now).  You said you already tried doing that and it has not worked.  So do not keep talking-- if she is not responding, then it is a waste of effort at this point.   Rather, just start showing her you love her very much by doing unexpectedly romantic things for her.  For example, you may send her flowers, maybe leave her love notes, maybe call her during the day at work to say you love her, etc.  And when you do these things, do them wholeheartedly.  So, for example, do not send her a cheap bunch of flowers o!  it won't help. Send her the vey best you can afford so that she can see that you have put some effort into it.  Other ideas include making her dinner, maybe helping out with household chores to give her a treat.

This is very difficult to do because she may not respond to some or even most of your actions, she may straight up reject your efforts, or worse, she may mock you for trying to things differently.  But do not expect a reward or even acceptance from her.  Rather, PRAYERFULLY do these things. Make sure your efforts are firmly backed up by prayer. PRAY PRAY PRAY and PRAY again.  

If you have a good christian male friend (preferably someone older that you trust), you may confide in him and ask for his advice as well.  But, if you want to save your marriage, God has to be the center of the relationship. Otherwise, all the trying you are doing is in vain. from what you have described, your wife has likely fallen out of love with you and her heart is not in the relationship.  Only God can make the difference at this point.  But don't just pray and fold your ams.  Be proactive and ask God that the little effort you are making will be sufficient.

fire proof is a very good video.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by glotes(f): 10:06am On May 26, 2009
@poster

After reading your story, i feel really sorry for you and your kids, but i know that nothing is impossible
with God. Keep praying and convince her to go for counselling, you dont have to join her accept your
presence is requested. Do not assume she wants a divorce, until u know there is no hope of redeeeming your marriage, absolutely.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by luxoire(f): 10:58am On May 26, 2009
even if the guy annoyed her - does that mean she should clam up? how is he supposed to know he has offended her and ask for her forgiveness - how is he supposed to make it better and make it up to her if she won't talk to him?

to me it seems this guy is at a dead end!!

IF SHE WON'T TALK TO YOU, I SUGGEST YOU MAKE HER TALK - HOw? do the things she doesnt want you to do? open her mail, answer her phone - not because you don't trust her, but just to get some sort fo reaction form her - bottom line, you too start making life a bit difficult for her, it seems till now you have danced to her tune - about time you disturb the status quo - now i am one of those ppl who thinks couples should respect each other's privacy. however, it shouldnt be a taboo! open her mail, that will make her angry and usually when ppl get angry, they lash out and start saying things they REALLY mean, then everything will be out in the open.

All you need to do is get past this brick wall - pray about it. But if she can open up and say she is tired and wants out, then you know where you stand. the most frustrating part i think, is not knowing where you stand and whether or not she is even willing to make things work anymore.

No worry mydear, God dey! - just pray for a break through - and i am sure you have learnt and will pass on to your kids and firends the importance of dating / knowing someone fully before committing the rest of your life to them smiley smiley
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by switosman(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2009
Hello I hope to get to read what I am about to say to you.

1. ur wife is the obstinate type, though a christian by your summation but too stubborn to see issues from others point of view. such dont pose a problem to a man that knows what to do or handle them. from the content of ur writeup, I can see u lack some knowledge of ur wife's psychology. meaning u dont know her at all. my bible say deal with her according to understanding; there are issues about ur wife she will always wonder how to get to know about it. u know her to the extent that every move of her is not strange to u. u predict her not her predicting u.

2. if any body shld be evasive it shld be you. this is an impt ingredient of leadership.

my advice.
if u dont have patient then u have to learn. 1. to be patient, 2. to observant, 3. to make notes of ur observation, 4. to be transparent but keep things to urself, 5. to respect her space.

after all these: then in a loving and caring voice, over time keep telling to change on those issue u want her to change but u most list the benefits of such change.

device a lot of things u do for her that u know she likes/ loves, not things u think she will like.
do those things to the level she gets used them.
then when u have proved she always want those thing then withdraw from doing those things as a punishment anytime but still get back to them.

buy books on child and women psychology. it will help u, why because u may not be able to convince her to visit a psychologist so u be one.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by JJYOU: 12:03pm On May 26, 2009
luxoire:

even if the guy annoyed her - does that mean she should clam up? how is he supposed to know he has offended her and ask for her forgiveness - how is he supposed to make it better and make it up to her if she won't talk to him?

to me it seems this guy is at a dead end!!

IF SHE WON'T TALK TO YOU, I SUGGEST YOU MAKE HER TALK - HOw? do the things she doesnt want you to do? open her mail, answer her phone - not because you don't trust her, but just to get some sort fo reaction form her - bottom line, you too start making life a bit difficult for her, it seems till now you have danced to her tune - about time you disturb the status quo - now i am one of those ppl who thinks couples should respect each other's privacy. however, it shouldnt be a taboo! open her mail, that will make her angry and usually when ppl get angry, they lash out and start saying things they REALLY mean, then everything will be out in the open.

All you need to do is get past this brick wall - pray about it. But if she can open up and say she is tired and wants out, then you know where you stand. the most frustrating part i think, is not knowing where you stand and whether or not she is even willing to make things work anymore.

No worry mydear, God dey! - just pray for a break through - and i am sure you have learnt and will pass on to your kids and firends the importance of dating / knowing someone fully before committing the rest of your life to them smiley smiley
thanks for being a great human being. i like your type of maturity.
switosman:

Hello I hope to get to read what I am about to say to you.

1. ur wife is the obstinate type, though a christian by your summation but too stubborn to see issues from others point of view. such dont pose a problem to a man that knows what to do or handle them. from the content of ur writeup, I can see u lack some knowledge of ur wife's psychology. meaning u dont know her at all. my bible say deal with her according to understanding; there are issues about ur wife she will always wonder how to get to know about it. u know her to the extent that every move of her is not strange to u. u predict her not her predicting u.

2. if any body shld be evasive it shld be you. this is an impt ingredient of leadership.

my advice.
if u dont have patient then u have to learn. 1. to be patient, 2. to observant, 3. to make notes of ur observation, 4. to be transparent but keep things to urself, 5. to respect her space.

after all these: then in a loving and caring voice, over time keep telling to change on those issue u want her to change but u most list the benefits of such change.

device a lot of things u do for her that u know she likes/ loves, not things u think she will like.
do those things to the level she gets used them.
then when u have proved she always want those thing then withdraw from doing those things as a punishment anytime but still get back to them. [size=14pt]sorry sir, this is a subtle form of wiitchcraft in my book. this is manipulation. the guy is not looking for suggestions on how to punish or be cruel to his wife. he is a christian. christian men dont purnish their wives.
oga dont do any form of punishment. dont sow any seed you dont want to reap i beg. it is always good to be wrong in the sight of men and right in the sight of God. no matter what she has done, you are not permitted to punish her let God be the judge. th ebible be angry but DO NOT SIN
[/size]

buy books on child and women psychology. it will help u, why because u may not be able to convince her to visit a psychologist so u be one.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by luxoire(f): 1:33pm On May 26, 2009
JJYOU:

thanks for being a great human being. i like your type of maturity.

you're welcome cheesy smiley grin - i hope the poster is able to find some form of solution on here tat will see him though
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by amyliajane(f): 1:43pm On May 26, 2009
@topic.

Advice! Advice ! advice!, wisdom the Bible says is profitable to direct, in any decision u r taking apply wisdom and think of ur lovely children
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by myg3: 3:03pm On May 26, 2009
It is obvious that she is not ready to sit down and discuss that issue with you.

Let her be and carry on with life,

everything hapens for a purpose, definitely she has a reason for those act of hers

that is a woman for you, they re unpredictable and you cannot please them.

What makes u think u will never find someone that will love u ?

Ur heart had neva been broken b4, if not u will not even post this story of urs.

Trust me, all u need is time, is even better u have not gotten married to her. ladies re full of pretends, she does not love you and she is showing it to you.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by Theblessed(f): 4:29pm On May 26, 2009
JJYOU:

this is why i call most of the God users .  from my observation the more religious the nigerian person is the more you need thread carefully. sadly england doesnt help support nigerian marriages.
not even deeper life people have safe marriages in this part of the world.  religion is supposed to help people i dont know how we manage to use religion to commit and deceive people into business and relationships.

i dont have my crystal balls out today but this looks heading the 1 way street.  

oga, if you can get her into relate counselling if that fails pray and seek counselling for yourself then wait for whatever happens.  i dont know why people who are not prepared to marry go into it and bring kids into it too.  your post is one reason most people use the phrase marry a nigerian woman at your peril.  i dont know what to say other than tell this guy to take heart and learn his lessons.  as said dont think it would be easy. go get yourself a smart lawyer preferably a female because they are best at squeezing a better deal for you. also get advice on reducing your equity and exposure on the properties too.

hope you learn your lesson and dont let the scarf wearing brigade deceive you into another relationship so soon. if you can avoid nigerian and ghanaian women like plagues especially if you are in this part of the world.  they are more prone to this kind of absurd behaviour.

while you do that dont fool yourself into not opening every letter you come across. what you know should not be capable of harming you.

Hey Mr! You see, I am not here to challenge you on this your view, no.  Rather to find out what makes you think your own advise to this gentleman is Godly and worthy?

You see, you are hear advising him on how to squirrel away community NUTS i.e. Assets/shares/monies that belongs to him and his wife so that, his wife is deprived of her own share.  Is that right? Only in your own eyes.   You fail to REALISING WHERE IN THE WORLD THIS COUPLE ARE LIVING. DO YOU THINK THEY LIVE IN THE 3RD WORLD? Didn't it occur to you, he married a smart woman and that before this even began, the wife had already done her HOME WORK AND ITS PERFECT? Where on earth would he squirrel away these Assets/monies or any kind of investments this lady and her solicitors hadn't already burrowed in.  Abi, na Ariaria or Ajegunle markets you mean here or rather, this Western world you are talking about?  What do you think women are?  Fools  Maybe, the ones you go out with.  You have to understand that this marriage has irretrievably broken down hence the wife living her own life and wanting the man to take the bull by the horn to end it so that, both can be free.  Because, they live in the same house does not mean they are a couple as they no longer behave as one. Often she travels abroad without telling her husband and still comes back to the same house without any explanations.  How can you call this marriage?  Can’t that tell you this lady has done her home work thoroughly and ready for the next step.  SHE JUST WANT OUT, OK!!! And no amount of counselling or prayer could change a woman’s  heart when she’d completely made up her mind to end her marriage because, no one else, is living her life in that marriage except herself/husband. 

Instead of you to tell this brother to be fair when it comes to the crunch, you are advising him the opposite, right?  To find a way to cheat his wife off what she worked for and contributed to. I hope, someone in your own life treats you that way then, you would know what it is like because, ‘WHAT GOES ROUND, COMES ROUND 3 TIME AND OVER’.

To start with, they both came to this country together and worked hard for what they have and now, you are advising him to deprive her of her own share simply because she does not agree with his GOVERNMENT any more – whatever that is, abi?  It's all too easy for a man to walk away from his marriage leaving behind his children and into the arms of another daughter of EVE without any questions.  However, when a woman does the same, the world tumbles upside down as you are all up in arms against her, why? Other than the double standards we all know about. What's good for the geese is good for the gander, too!  She worked hard and contributed to the community funds therefore, quite entitled to her own HALF OF EVERYTHING, PERIOD. 

It doesn’t sound good but, that’s the reality we live in today.  Thank God for the change in law that put a stop (to a degree) to all these unfairness men had always perpetrated on women for so long.  For people who hadn’t been here long, they don’t know or understand and for that, I say please ask questions than jumping the band wagon.  The law was changed to give women their rights in marriage. 
If it hadn’t changed, women would still be marginalized by people like you as it has always been.  Some Black men still think they are still operating in Africa particularly, Nigerian men. Well, their experiences in the West, thank God, have subdued some of them as they don’t know what hit them. 
In order to hold on to their archaic evil ways they use religion to manipulate their way through e.g. using the Bible to making women feel guilty about issues important to them.  They quote and quote chapters in the Bible to make you feel bad:  God said this and that about that. Yea!! God said these things only to women and not to men, huh!!!   

For those who haven’t been here long and ignorant of the facts that let to this change in law, let me open your eyes a little bit.  This is one reason.  In the 80’s and early 1990’s Family Law was changed to take into account women’s contributions in marriage.   Cases were rampant about men divorcing their wives of many years without leaving them a DIME for old age – PENSIONS.  Some of those unfortunate women left work at a younger age to help raise their families whilst supporting their husbands endeavours for the sake of the family thus, had no income of their own but fully dependent on their husbands.  Now, at old age, who would hire them for work, YOU.  Now, these women are older, near retirement and children have all fled the nests suddenly, the husbands realized they now need NEW AND YOUNGER MODELS.  What did they do?  Most eloped with these young women together with the entire family funds to have a good life in the CARRIBEANS without their legitimate wives thus, deprived the poor older women of what she worked for all her life.  Now, tell me this is how fair men’s justice should be, isn’t it? If this had happened to one of your sisters, I wish you'd be happy. In fact, 2 – 5 years ago similar cases presented themselves only that we have in place laws that quashed them.  I wish Africa have laws that respect their women, the brodas would have learnt how to respect us.

In these cases it was the men who left the marriages and in the process, took the entire family funds/investments with them, why? Because, they are they ‘MEN’ and they can. Well, I thank one of the ladies  for taking the bull by the horn and brought awareness.  In anger, she happened to cut off the right SLEEVES of her husbands 100 or more designer suits in order to bring the awareness of women sufferings/plights in marriage and eventually made it into the law we know and enjoy today else, sons of ADAM would have continued in their WICKED WAYS.  WE LOVE YOU MAAM!!! 

Right, back to the issue. Is it compulsory that one should marry?? Is it by force that a man/woman should remain in a marriage they both are not happy? It's about time some Black men should learn their lessons and learn how to respect their women.  You are not respecting an African woman by making this WICKED/EVIL SUGGESTIONS about money here.  It seems to me like, you are trying to say, if a woman does not allow her husband to control her she does not deserve any good thing from her marriage.  Well, to that I say 'BUNKUM'. She DESERVES EVERYTHING SHE PUT IN IT, AND MORE, !!  If you don’t want a man/woman in your life please, leave but give them what belongs to them than cheating them off their hard work, that’s evil.  A woman is a person, an individual with her own rights.  She does not have to get her rights through her husband because, he has his – in other words, they are both EQUALS and that’s why you are so antagonistic about women’s rights – well, your problems, not ours.

I could hear some people on here saying, I don't blame this woman because he brought her to Europe, if he hadn’t this wouldn’t have happened.  To that I say, nonsense!  It's like saying, if he hadn't married her, no other man in this world would have, is it?  So, if he hadn't married her and brought her to Europe, no other guy would have married her and give her the WORLD, isn't it?  CRAP!!  And for all you black ladies out there, demand your rights in any relationships you find yourself in, and get it. It’s about time our men should learn how to treat and respect us. You've got the POWER, use it after all, we don't need men, men need us more than we need them and that's YOUR POWER to demand and get that respect. 

Marriage breakup is a very sad situation, no matter what! But it is nothing new!  Marriages have been failing even in the Biblical days and the world did not cave in because of it.  People lived their lives without much stress then today, its different therefore, when a marriage fails, you go your separate ways in a civil fashion.  After all, you weren’t born twins and its not the end of the world, is it? Just try to be civil for the sake of your love ones particularly, your children and not to kill each other because of money and, that's wrong.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by itumama: 5:01pm On May 26, 2009
I think i learnt a big lesson in your story dat its mandatory to court before leaping into marriage cos assuming you ve done this earlier you wont have dis problem you are encountering now.Moreso you cant even explain her likes and her dislikes cos you are not familiar wit her from the onset en you dont even know any of her friend to ask d kind of person who she is,you got little news from yr friend about her en you concluded she is the best for you.Where is your friend now to bring antidote to the problem you are having nowNway wats has happened has happen all you need to do is wake her up at night ask her where you ve gone wrong en wats the reason for all her action cos i dont think she can just act like dat witout no reason.i pray you get a positive answer from her cos you can continue living hostile.All the best man.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by ponyonm: 5:13pm On May 26, 2009
A breakup is not d solution. I really cant say much.there are couple of romantic christain novels i wud advice u 2 get. Package dem 4 her as a gift and allow her read them. You also nid 2 get urs.wen u both go thru dese books,there is no way ur wife wil nt shed tears and ask 4 ur forgiveness.it wil also help to strenghten ur marriage.if afta reading dem,she doesnt change,jus put evrytin into GOD'S hand. She wud nid deliverance. U can cal me on
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by maxtop(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2009
This is a pathetic story especially when there is a commitment on the part of the husband, i will rather say it is a psychological problem rather than what you think, i.e infidelity. Maybe she has devoted much trust and passion to her first relationship and at the end of the day she was disappointed. What you need to do is pray over it coz there nothing impossible before God,
Wish you all the best.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by na2day2(m): 10:40pm On May 26, 2009
dude, at some point u have to stand up and be the man, worrying abt the breaking up of the marriage is futile since u hardly have one, i guess she thinks u are soft, too soft
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by AmukaIfea: 1:29am On May 27, 2009
Bros, your case is not an easy ones to let go. you have let her understand that without her you can exist.the best way to defened is to attack.take heart you are a man.you must conqour her but with time.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by JJYOU: 9:37am On May 27, 2009
itumama:

I think i learnt a big lesson in your story dat its mandatory to court before leaping into marriage cos assuming you ve done this earlier you wont have dis problem you are encountering now.Moreso you cant even explain her likes and her dislikes cos you are not familiar wit her from the onset en you dont even know any of her friend to ask d kind of person who she is,you got little news from yr friend about her en you concluded she is the best for you.Where is your friend now to bring antidote to the problem you are having nowNway wats has happened has happen all you need to do is wake her up at night ask her where you ve gone wrong en wats the reason for all her action cos i dont think she can just act like dat witout no reason.i pray you get a positive answer from her cos you can continue living hostile.All the best man.
love is blind marriage opens your eyes. you can court for as long as you like and not get to know some people. anyone ready to deceive or use you can smartly get you fooled into believing anything.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by bsanya(f): 11:21am On May 27, 2009
On ur weddin day both of u say "TILL DEATH DO US PART".
Aand if u know u cannlt cope with her again do the thing u think is right in ur sight.
Bible says that " u can put away ur wife if she is caught in adultery"
Also pray 4 ursef and her too. It is well with u
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by amaikama(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2009
@poster!! i agree with you. some ladies are just too secretive to the bone. even cat is better than them i tell you. angry
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by aboveonly(m): 2:56pm On May 27, 2009
My dear brother,
This is not the time to dwell on whether your courtship was short or long,like some people have posted,but the time for way out of this "wood".
Let me begin by saying that with God all things are possible(Luke 1:37).Also from your write up,you seemed to have exhausted all possible avenues except FASTING & PRAYERS.
Never underestimate the possibilities of prayers.Prayers move the hand of God;it make the impossible possible;it turns sorrow to joy;and so on
The way i perceive your case is that it is beyond the physical.I believe you love your wife and i can tell you she needs help.Please dont even consider seperation or divorce because there is know hopeless case with God.
Your marital problem might be foundational,because"if the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do?"My answer is nothing EXCEPT DIVINE INTERVENTION.
I would recommend for a start 3 or 7 days personal night vigils using Psalms 138:8 and Psalms 121:1-2 as foundational scriptures.
For time i space i wouldnt comment further,but if you dont mind send me an e-mail at aboveoonly@gmail.com for further steps.I plan to print out your write up right a away to prayerfully meditate on this situation.
It is the end-time and satan is all out to ", steal,kill and destroys, " marriages;because God just helped us to handled a delicate case of recent;satan will not succeed in your marriage in Jesus'Name.

IT IS WELL!
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by emiemi(f): 10:10am On May 28, 2009
I have read through the post and replies, most peeps have advised well
I will just add that you take some time to pray (and fast if possible) and
think through what you want in life. If being with her with the way she
is isn't going to make you achieve happiness and peace (everyone's unsaid
life's goals) then you will have to decide to stay, leave or change your strategy.
Life is short and fun. Make the best out of it. God guide u bro!!
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by Anabel(f): 9:48pm On May 28, 2009
well for me i will really say you are having a hard marital problem. its actually your fault because you ought to have detected this things before now but it seems maybe you are blinded by one thing or another that you see in her. now there is no going back cos its for better or for worse. its either you try every means to change her or you stick to her character cos i believe she has a past experience that brought out that part of her. she cant open up 2 u, she does not want to go so intimate with another man, even her hubby. well if you can get a way 2 go back 2 her past and find an old friend of hers (cos she must have one) that will be your savior. DON'T LET HER GO. smiley smiley
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by pirobaba(m): 7:25pm On May 29, 2009
broda, be a man and take the bull by the horns.
it is obvious your woman doesnt care and she is
taking advantage of your softness/kindness.

for me, since we live in uk i would have hire someone
to dig up her past and show it to her and let her know
that that doesnt matter, what matters is her and our kids.

it may also be that she doesnt have confidence in you
and that's why she's not open, you should be open 1st.
Re: Pls Advice, I'm At The Point Of A Marriage Break by gr8me(f): 4:31pm On May 30, 2009
Hhhmmm, i'm really touched, i think i can understand wat u're going thru, and i think i also can trace were d problem is from, u see, dt's y it's good to marry ur friend, i mean sum1 u know, it's obviouse u dint even know who ur wife was b4 getting married to her, apart from d fact dt ur friend suggested her to u, u should have welcomed her as a friend, i mean no matter d distant let her be ur friend first for some years b4 u propose to her. Anyway u are already married so this is not neccessary, but i'll like to advise dt u still take out time to really patiently know her, find out about her past, maybe sumtin in her past still hunts and worries her, take her out maybe for a dinner, and have a long talk with her, if she wont listen to u, find out who she respects most(male or female) ask d person to help u talk to her, at least lets start with dt. i wish u well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Mother, Daughter / Modern Septic Tank Construction - No More Sewage Evacuation / Mothersbond Commends FG On Four Months Maternity Leave Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.