Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" (837 Views)

13 Truths All Single Ladies Should Know!!! / Nigerian Lady Sends Very Harsh Message To All Single And Poor Men / Dear God, Frustrate All Single Guys Into Marriage This Year – Lady Prays (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Drclassic(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
This may not be the best time for me to write on this because of misinterpretations, but I can no longer resist the push. "Husband Scarcity" has become one of the challenges faced by many young girls today. If you go to prayer houses, majority of the intentions are prayer for a life partner. And this calls for concern. Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers, was there really much of a "Husband Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values and were prepared to build a home and not park into a built home. Then, once a young man comes of age and can at least feed himself and his wife, he goes out in search of a wife and the woman really appreciates him and helps him to build a future. What am I really trying to say? We created what we now see as "Husband Scarcity" for ourselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an average girl to define her dream husband; you get things like "he has to be tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable" and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so worldly. Then, check the number of girls around you and the number of men that meet that standard, and you will see the problem. You hear girls say, "I cannot suffer in my father's house and then go and start suffering with a man." What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning, you have everything you want and there is no suffering, and later in the marriage, the table turns around, then comes suffering? Will you run away? No one prays for suffering, but it is good to start small and end big, than start big and end small. The problem is that the description majority of girls give of their ideal man is virtually the same. When 50 girls want the same kind of man and the man that fits what they want is just 1 man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what becomes of 49 others? They simply start lamenting of "Husband Scarcity". Another irony of our time is that it is hard, due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all those things these ladies want, legally (except those involved in Internet fraud); even the number of those in Internet fraud is not enough to match all those searching for already made husbands. If you look around, majority of the ladies of substance, of good value and virtue, who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects, are married and not complaining of husband scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is to change your view of who a husband is. A husband is that man God made and then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for making him, without a help mate and then made the woman and gave to him, and he felt complete and fulfilled. MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family of God here on earth. For those who see marriage as a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may only be a route to where God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES. I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way and talks of marriage, not all men are husband materials. What I am saying is that you should stop setting your standard on material acquisitions or physical appearances. Look beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF. And that which he is made of is, most times, not seen with the physical eyes, only its effects can be seen. Marriage is a permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for Adam's need to be truncated

3 Likes

Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
Holy mo... .. I wud gve any nairaland gyal dah reads dis a pleasant kiss
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Oblitz(m): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
true
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Allwility: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
Word.
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by tomzee2(f): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by pet4ril(f): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Huhhhh Ifa hear ram
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by BrightEye(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nice write-up OP, but I also think what matters most is the natural compatibility between the two partners. Every one really has to find someone whose heart could accommodate the other, then all other things shall be fine between them. Find that person, because nature ensures such person exists.
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by seunt4ut(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drclassic:
This may not be the best time for me to
write on this because of misinterpretations,
but I can no longer resist the push.
"Husband Scarcity" has become one of the
challenges faced by many young girls today.
If you go to prayer houses, majority of the
intentions are prayer for a life partner. And
this calls for concern. Casting our minds
back to the time of our mothers and
grandmothers, was there really much of a
"Husband Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe
there were more men than women then, or
there was an adequate corresponding
numbers of both genders. I don't think so.
Maybe then, the women had values and
were prepared to build a home and not
park into a built home. Then, once a young
man comes of age and can at least feed
himself and his wife, he goes out in search
of a wife and the woman really appreciates
him and helps him to build a future. What
am I really trying to say? We created what
we now see as "Husband Scarcity" for
ourselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask
an average girl to define her dream
husband; you get things like "he has to be
tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at
least, and be presentable" and then she
adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so
worldly. Then, check the number of girls
around you and the number of men that
meet that standard, and you will see the
problem. You hear girls say, "I cannot suffer
in my father's house and then go and start
suffering with a man." What a wonderful
dream! What if from the beginning, you
have everything you want and there is no
suffering, and later in the marriage, the table
turns around, then comes suffering? Will
you run away? No one prays for suffering,
but it is good to start small and end big,
than start big and end small. The problem is
that the description majority of girls give of
their ideal man is virtually the same. When
50 girls want the same kind of man and the
man that fits what they want is just 1 man,
and the man can only pick one. Then, what
becomes of 49 others? They simply start
lamenting of "Husband Scarcity". Another
irony of our time is that it is hard, due to the
face of our economy to find a man who is of
marriage age who possesses all those
things these ladies want, legally (except
those involved in Internet fraud); even the
number of those in Internet fraud is not
enough to match all those searching for
already made husbands. If you look around,
majority of the ladies of substance, of good
value and virtue, who are ready to build a
home with a man who has prospects, are
married and not complaining of husband
scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband
now, is to change your view of who a
husband is. A husband is that man God
made and then saw that it may be hard for
him to really actualize his purpose for
making him, without a help mate and then
made the woman and gave to him, and he
felt complete and fulfilled. MARRIAGE IS NOT
A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a
mission of building the family of God here
on earth. For those who see marriage as a
way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage.
Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME
WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH
WITH HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may
only be a route to where God has destined
him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that
YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT
HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating
"husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT
VALUES. I am not saying that you should pick
anyone that comes your way and talks of
marriage, not all men are husband materials.
What I am saying is that you should stop
setting your standard on material
acquisitions or physical appearances. Look
beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN
WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW
HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF. And
that which he is made of is, most times, not
seen with the physical eyes, only its effects
can be seen. Marriage is a permanent thing.
Whatever is seen is temporal and that which
is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to
God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for
making sake; He made her for Adam's need
to be truncated

Lovely write up well articulated. What we need in today society is enlightenment and advise not a criticism. You did well. I will copy paste on my facebook Page for more mind to read.
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Owoplenty(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
Op you ah collect
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Pheals(f): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hmmmm O ga ooo....which kind thread e this
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
@op,

You said it all....
Kudos to you.
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by nerdychisa(f): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
Op gini? There is nothing like husband scarcity. The issue is that we want Men not boys.
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by julybaba(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Do you think every lady needs a husband. Most of them don't need husbands.
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by demarc001: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
BrightEye:
Nice write-up OP, but I also think what matters most is the natural compatibility between the two partners. Every one really has to find someone whose heart could accommodate the other, then all other things shall be fine between them. Find that person, because nature ensures such person exists.
That is his point na, compatibility has to do with orientation/mindset. Due to this orientation of ours here most ladies base the compatibility on a man's financial status. (Moreover In judging the ladies, consideration should be giving to the fact that our today's world poses a lot of strain/demands to the family)
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by demarc001: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
nerdychisa:
Op gini? There is nothing like husband scarcity. The issue is that we want Men not boys.
And I guess in your definition the difference between men and boys is material possession?
Re: A Must Read For All Single Ladies "Husband Scarcity" by Mhizkel(f): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
Pheals:
Hmmmm O ga ooo....which kind thread e this

End time threadgrin

(1) (Reply)

12 Important Things That Every Single Guy And Lady Must Know About Sex... / When A Guy Sees A Pretty Damsel,what Occur First LOVE OR LUST. / How Men Fall In-love With Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.